Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption (8136 Views)

Air Peace Begins Flight Operations From Lagos To Akure Tomorrow / Azman Air Commences Flight Operations From Kebbi To Other States(pics) / FirstNation To Resume Flight Operations September 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by DONSMITH123(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2016
The First Nation Airways has postponed resumption of its flight operations, earlier scheduled for September 15, by a few days.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the airline had on August 17 suspended operations to enable the aircraft in its fleet undergo maintenance.

NAN, however, gathered from the airline’s ticket stand at the Murtala Muhammed Airport 2, Lagos, that it might return to operations on September 17.

A reliable source told NAN that the equipment needed to fix the airplanes was only released by the Nigeria Customs Service a few days ago.

The source said, “The airline had anticipated that all customs formalities would have been done last week Friday before the Sallah holidays.

“It is hoped that the team of engineers would finish work on the engines before September 16 as the airline plans to resume operations immediately after the engines are fixed.’’

Capt. Chimara Imediegwu, the FirstNation Airway’s Director of Flight Operations, had on September 6, told newsmen that a team of engineers were coming to Nigeria to service the planes.

Imediegwu had debunked the claim that the airline was on the verge of folding up, stressing that it voluntarily grounded the aircraft at enormous cost to await the arrival of the manufacturer’s team.

“The FirstNation management planned well ahead and kept the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority informed of the progress on the maintenance of its aircraft.

“We notified passengers and flights are currently loaded online effective form September 15.

“This will ensure that passengers continue to enjoy safe and reliable services that the airline is reputed for,’’ he said.

http://punchng.com/firstnation-shifts-resumption-flight-operations/

2 Likes

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by SweetLove0(f): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by agwom(m): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2016
goood...

1 Like

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by rusher14: 11:52am On Sep 15, 2016
Why do I feel the aviation regulators have given these airlines ultimatum to standardize their practice or ship out?

I feel many were not updating their maintenance logs and books but in a bid not to cause pandemonium they've been given some room to normalise.

The rate at which all of them are quickly undertaking maintenance leads me to conclude this might just be the case.

5 Likes

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by Guyman02: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
Abeg make all the airlines ground their planes so that everybody will know the conditions of Federal Roads across the country.
I went to Calabar recently and met Govt officials on tour who were to go to Uyo from Calabar which is supposed to be a one hour trip by road under normal circumstances flying to Lagos to take a connecting flight to Uyo just to avoid traveling on the now dangerously dilapidated Calabar - Itu expressway and was told that to go to Enugu from Uyo, they will fly to Lagos then take another flight back to the east instead of going through the dilapidated PHC - Enugu Expressway.
How will they know what the average Nigerian is passing through daily when they are on the air and move around only in major cities and state capitals?
Abeg make una ground all the planes for month and I can assure that many roads will be fixed immediately if they all start plying them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by lielbree: 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by kenbee(f): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
No cause for alarm, They only used one stone to kill two birds. It grounded because of the economic recession and used that same opportunity to carry out their routine maintenance!

1 Like

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by Opistorincos(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
This news never affect me until i get money board plane
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by Firefire(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
Who owns First Nation Airline sef ?
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Everything in this country has been inconclusive since May 2015. Sai baba and inconclusiveness Someone should please help me with that picture
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by seunny4lif(m): 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
Which one be First nation again shocked shocked shocked

I'm not is a understanding of this

Someone will say Sai Baba now

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by kinzmen: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
No problem.........

e b lyk say ladyf travel.......
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by AntiWailer: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Arik have resumed already.

Thank God things will get into shape and will be better.

Nigeria will be great again.
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by AntiWailer: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Guyman02:
Abeg make all the airlines ground their planes so that everybody will know the conditions of Federal Roads across the country.
I went to Calabar recently and met Govt officials on tour who were to go to Uyo from Calabar which is supposed to be a one hour trip by road under normal circumstances flying to Lagos to take a connecting flight to Uyo just to avoid traveling on the now dangerously dilapidated Calabar - Itu expressway and was told that to go to Enugu from Uyo, they will fly to Lagos then take another flight back to the east instead of going through the dilapidated PHC - Enugu Expressway.
How will they know what the average Nigerian is passing through daily when they are on the air and move around only in major cities and state capitals?
Abeg make una ground all the planes for month and I can assure that many roads will be fixed immediately if they all start plying them.

They will chatter plane.

We will still be the one to suffer for it. That is why i say praying that Nigeria scatter so we can prove that APC is a useless party will still come back to hunt us as citizens.

The shameless Politicians will re group and move to another winning party.
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by wristbangle: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
Yet they were blaming the current administration for their temporal suspension which was as a result of maintenance. Hmmm na wa!
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
Firefire:
Who owns First Nation Airline sef ?

Former CEO 0f Belview.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Nation_Airways
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by Akinaukwa: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
It is high time we have a Department or Unit to be called Federal Air Safety Corps to be checking passenger planes up there and be sure of their safety.

1 Like

Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by ammyluv2002(f): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
Akinaukwa:
It is high time we have a Department or Unit to be called Federal Air Safety Corps to be checking passenger planes up there and be sure of their safety.
My dear, no need jare! All the departments/units wey full everywhere nko? What have they done? Nothing!
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by aol(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Bola Tinubu owns the first nation airline.
Re: First Nation Shifts Flight Operations’ Resumption by SweetLove0(f): 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
aol:
Bola Tinubu owns the first nation airline.

evidence please.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visitors Visa Refusal / My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ / Talk About Fiji Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.