Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them (3757 Views)

Peace Mass Transit Accident: Man Shares His Testimony After Escaping Death / Another Peace Mass Transit Bus Involved In Fatal Accident On Enugu Road (Photos) / Peace Mass Transit In Accident At Okogbo Town. No Survivors (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Dove4Peace: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Many topics have surfaced on the social media that caught my attention namely: “Unprecedented rate of unemployment”, “Death-traps on the highway (Poor road networks)”, “MMM” , “Peace Mass Transit again!” – the last one caught my attention. As a student writer, and an admirer of Dele M., Lalasticlala grin grin, I took it upon myself to investigate and publish an unbiased report about PMT. Some points in the report may shock you! cheesy
Peace Mass Transit Ltd. was registered in Nigeria in 1996. They have 3000 buses moving about 30,000 persons with about 2000 buses daily and with staff strength of over 4000. PMT moves about 5.4 million people in 6 months and has been in this business for 20 years. They stopped increasing the number of their buses since 2012 to improve on the quality of their services and equipment. In 2009, Peace Mass Transit Ltd introduced the Speed Limiter into the Nigerian transport sector which was commissioned at their Emene Enugu Central Workshop by the then Core Marshal of the Federal Road Safety, Chief Osita Chidoka. Their buses since then have been using the speed limiter, as they are concerned in the safety of passengers.

In April 2016, they invited the present Core Marshal, Boboye Oyeyemi to come to Enugu and commission their 300 units of the latest model of Toyota Hiace Bus with Speed Limiters, this was just to support the Federal Road Safety in her campaign that all motorists should use the Speed Limiter, as they they are being embattled then by the National Assembly. FRSC has been retraining their drivers for long so they only wanted to be a friend in need.

The Core Marshal, out of joy, because of what he saw when he was addressing the drivers, promised to give an award to Peace Mass Transit if they should operate for one month without accident and also authorized them to start their own driving college, and that FRSC will give them full technical support. He said that he never knew that a facility like that exists in Nigeria. They knew it is not easy to run 3000 commercial buses for one month without crash on Nigerian roads, but, their drivers promised to deliver and hell was let loose against them.

Within the one month, a truck at Abia rammed into one of their bus on the right lane and killed 12 of their passengers and driver on the spot. Another truck along Yenagoa Road chased their bus into the bush and killed their driver and 8 of their passengers. They lost about 23 passengers between May and June; the worst in their 20 years history. They also lost their Core Marshal award. They were saddened to put up defense when blames and condemnation started pouring on them through the social media, radio and in the print media because they needed to respect their drivers and passengers who lost their lives, but then their quietness was taken by the public as acceptance of all accusations that was labeled on them. Their enemies also capitalized on this and re-posted previous accidents on social media as breaking news.

The police report exonerated them from the cause of the 2 accidents . So too was the FRSC report for the Umuahia accident, while the FRSC report for the Yenagoa accident is yet to be released.

On the 7th of July, they launched a campaign on defensive driving techniques in collaboration with the FRSC, Industrial Training Fund and the VIO at Enugu. On the 13th of July, their management team led by the Executive Director Operations and Maintenance theynt to Abuja for a meeting with the FRSC, to discuss this current development. In the invitation letter, they were told that they recorded 10 crashes in 6 months with 23 deaths. As if 23 were not bad enough, at Abuja, they were told that they recorded 11 accidents with 37 deaths in 6 months . They couldn’t contest this as it is very dangerous to confront your regulator in a third world country; moreover, he who lives in a glass house does not throw stones. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The meeting with their men at Abuja was very educative and a communiqué was signed on how to collaborate for a safer road. The following morning, there was news everywhere that “FRSC Core Marshal berates PMT”, “PMT killed 44 in 6 months”, “Nigerians should boycott PMT” and so on.

They were alarmed as they do not know were these figures of 37 and 44 were coming from, they then had a closer look at the FRSC analysis sheet and saw where someone duplicated a particular accident of May 22, 2016 at Abia Tower that claimed 13 lives in 2 places. The vehicle’s make and model were changed in item No 7 and No 11 but the date and place remained the same. They do not know where another one number came from; but this was how 23 increased to 37; about 60% increase. Not knowing what these were meant to achieve, they put up a call immediately to the responsible officer at the FRSC Headquarters Abuja and they promised to correct the wrong information, but due to some other reasons, they are yet to do that. So they decided to let Nigerians hear their own side of the story before they boycott them as being instigated.
They are not above trials and temptations, but they still thank God when they look at the number of vehicles that they have on the road daily. For us, PMT is still a miracle from God. They request that you remember them and all travelers in your prayers. They deeply sympathize with all the families that have ever lost a beloved one in a road mishap involving any of their vehicles in the last 20 years. PMT remains Nigeria travelers' friend.

To God Be The Glory

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by cckris: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
[size=20pt]SUCCESS attracts detractors,
and great success kind of BREEDS more antagonisers
[/size]

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by eliaschuks: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
Peace mass transit is travelers friendly,available at all time and affordable to all class.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by monnelnwawundu(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
Wow this is quite revealing. I actually saw those negative posts and began to wonder if it's the same Peace Mass Transit that I traveled blissfully with throughout my school days in UNN. Speed limiters and defensive driving strategy is indeed a right step and I hope other transport companies will emulate them,considering the fact Nigerian roads are awaiting construction. Defense makes sense joor.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by fresheze: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
I have traveled on several occasions with this particular company, Peace Mass Transit[/font], and I can beat my chest and say that the company has the bast of service in the Transport Industry. Apart from that some drivers may be rude sometimes, their service is number 1. If in any eventuality their vehicle stops for any reason of mechanical breakdown, another bus is quickly sent from their nearest depot to transload the passengers. No other company I have ever used does it. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]The management of this great coy should keep it up. Training of your drivers as you have started is commendable
. KUDOS to the brain(s) behind your innovations in the transport sector.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Cutehector(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
I feel like giving the above commenter a serious slap

2 Likes

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by aniefioksolo: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IN THESE TRYING TIMES, SOME LAZY PEOPLE ARE STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE AND WILL ONLY NOT STOP IN TRYING TO KILL OTHERS, SO AS TO EAT. PEACE MASS TRANSIT LIMITED HAS REMAIN THE NUMBER ONE TRANSPORT COMPANY AND THE ORIGINAL FOR THAT MATTER,NO SINGLE INDIVIDUAL CAN KILL THE ORIGINAL PLAN OF GOD FOR THIS ENVIABLE AND SUCCESS-DRIVEN TRANSPORT COMPANY. KEEP IT UP MANAGEMENT OF PEACE MASS TRANSIT LIMITED. PROVIDE AND KEEP ON PROVIDING ORIGINAL SERVICES AS IT IS KNOWN OF YOU.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by alohcyprian: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
On 13th of this month, I traveled from Abuja to Enugu. I boarded Peace Mass Transit A/C bus.The journey was so blissful. As a businessman, I have tried many transport companies, but Peace mass Transit actually gave me what I expected of them. Kudos to the driver and the Management of Peace mass Transit ltd.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by ezefelix24: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
No weapon fashioned against peace mass transit shall prosper .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by chiefugwu: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
People should understand that it was Peace Mass Transit that made transport so easy and affordable throughout the federation. Others are just copying. I have benefited so much from peace especially when i was in school. My travelling with Peace Mass Transit has been so enjoyable especially with this their new bus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by mdcoo: 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
Peace Mass Transit is here for the people both as a provider of affordable, safe and comfortable transport services and as a major employer in Nigeria. It is companies like PMT that keep the economy afloat during trying times like this. No other transporter in Nigeria has managed and maintained a fleet as big as that of Peace Mass Transit. Thank God for Peace Mass!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Dove4Peace: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
mdcoo:
Peace Mass Transit is here for the people both as a provider of affordable, safe and comfortable transport services and as a major employer in Nigeria. It is companies like PMT that keep the economy afloat during trying times like this. No other transporter in Nigeria has managed and maintained a fleet as big as that of Peace Mass Transit. Thank God for Peace Mass!
I have an opinion that PEACE MASS TRANSIT is a victim of bad roads, and social media attack.
Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by arohmosescute(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
Think of what would have happened to the nation's economy, business men and women, holiday travelers, students, tourists,etc without Peace Mass Transit! This is the only transport company that brought its service to the door-step of every Nigerians. Wherever you are, you can find Peace Mass Transit and this make traveling stress-free! This is the only transport company that has functioning customer service representatives. Call their complaint line once and you are linked to a customer service agent who is adept at helping you out. Other transport companies do not have such structure, if they do I don't it's effective. God Bless Peace Mass Transit Ltd!

1 Like

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by DabbyChioma: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
Peace Mass Transit has been the best since it came into existence....God bless Pmt!!!

1 Like

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by monnelnwawundu(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
[quote author=eliaschuks post=49380883] Peace mass transit is travelers friendly,available at all time and affordable to all class.

You are so on point sir. That's what caught my attention. Travelling was boring and hectic until a friend recommended PMT to me.

1 Like

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by stevemckins: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
Peace Mass Transit is a relief from God to Nigerians, especially to those who travel within the areas covered by the Giant company. The company has made movement from one point to another, within the country enjoyable, and affordable, in season and off season. During seasons, your consider us by making buses available in places of acute shortage, by even losing income by means of rationing passengers, that is carrying less passengers. You are a true Mass Transit Company, because you love the poor masses, including me and my family. You have made travel during seasons like Christmas, Easter, School Holiday, etc, easy. Thank you, Owners and Management, for your kindness.
You will never go down, in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Dove4Peace: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
arohmosescute:
Think of what would have happened to the nation's economy, business men and women, holiday travelers, students, tourists,etc without Peace Mass Transit! This is the only transport company that brought its service to the door-step of every Nigerians. [i]Wherever you are, you can [color=#000099][/color]find Peace Mass Transit [/i]and this make traveling stress-free! This is the only transport company that has functioning customer service representatives. Call their complaint line once and you are linked to a customer service agent who is adept at helping you out. Other transport companies do not have such structure, if they do I don't it's effective. God Bless Peace Mass Transit Ltd!
PEACE MASS TRANSIT surprisingly is a huge employer of Labour. Flight agencies are suspending operations I wonder what will happen next. We need God's Help!
Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Dove4Peace: 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
stevemckins:
Peace Mass Transit is a relief from God to Nigerians, especially to those who travel within the areas covered by the Giant company. The company has made movement from one point to another, within the country enjoyable, and affordable, in season and off season. During seasons, your consider us by making buses available in places of acute shortage, by even losing income by means of rationing passengers, that is carrying less passengers. You are a true Mass Transit Company, because you love the poor masses, including me and my family. You have made travel during seasons like Christmas, Easter, School Holiday, etc, easy. Thank you, Owners and Management, for your kindness.
You will never go down, in Jesus name, Amen.
You are on point Sir!
Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by ObyNetwork: 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
it is a known fact that anyone who thought that transport could be as cheap as it is now without PMT as the vanguard and champion is either not a Nigerian or that the person has been abroad since the last 2 decades. PMT crashed down transport fare especially in the south south, south east, some parts of the north and south west making transportation very affordable.
Thank God for the gift of PMT.
Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by idu1(m): 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin

All the monika above register today.

Poor damage control.

Peace mass transit abi na transport drivers are psycho.....

Dont enter their bus if you love yasef grin

2 Likes

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
those guys above are psycho .

my question to you guys is that why is it that when one of your buses is involved in an accident the first thing your company does is to spray paint on the company name. the thread is here on NL. don't force me to uproot it.

tell your company to employ people who can maintain QUALITY.

and learn to manage drivers stop putting too much pressure on them.

the purpose of this thread is for damage control. but it does not work that way. the watch word should be 'kaizen'

2 Likes

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
fresheze:
I have traveled on several occasions with this particular company, Peace Mass Transit[/font], and I can beat my chest and say that the company has the bast of service in the Transport Industry. Apart from that some drivers may be rude sometimes, their service is number 1. If in any eventuality their vehicle stops for any reason of mechanical breakdown, another bus is quickly sent from their nearest depot to transload the passengers. No other company I have ever used does it. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]The management of this great coy should keep it up. Training of your drivers as you have started is commendable
. KUDOS to the brain(s) behind your innovations in the transport sector.

Ever heard of ABC Transport? When it comes to Customer Service, ABC is the best transportation company. From the moment you arrive at the terminal, to the moment you reach your destination, they make sure you, and your luggage are safe and secure.

You're well fed, entertained, and comfortable during the journey.

When was the last time you read about ABC being involved in an accident?

Carry out your research properly, before coming here to say what you're not sure of.

In my opinion, Peace Mass Transit is a moving coffin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by jukeblam(m): 1:43am On Sep 16, 2016
eliaschuks:
aniefioksolo:
alohcyprian:
ObyNetwork:
stevemckins:
DabbyChioma:
arohmosescute:

Y'all are the ones on night shift at the bus terminal today, right? With your September 15 registrations and 'one, one' post per person wink.
Nna, make una no worry- ya 'secret' safe 'weth' me!

Instead of you all queuing behind the single PC in the reception to register and post your 'praises', ngwanu!, make una go do some more driver trainings!

idu1:
grin
All the monika above register today.
Poor damage control.
Spot on!
Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by stevemckins: 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
Why is it that there are People who don't appreciate God's favour to other people? Instead of thanking God for his unlimited love and charity, you are there attacking an innocent person, or company. Of course your arrows are going to boomerang if you do not change. I want to tell you, if you don't know, that attacking Peace Mass Transit, is biting the finger that is feeding you, in the context of transportation of people. If your age has the capacity to assist you give fair, unbiased , and mature judgement, that is if you are not a minor, you would have known that Peace Mass Transit was sent by God, to wedge and check the excesses of the transporters before him, who were charging exorbitant fares. If not for Peace Mass Transit, many of us cannot do even important travel. You may have pieces of advice, borne out of love and good intention for the management, to improve their services, and not casting aspersion on the number one transport company of this great country. Let me inform you all who are behaving as if you were paid to attack Peace Mass Transit, that in one way, or another, that you are benefiting from this company. It is either that your town's man, or woman is working with the company, or persons from your local, or state governments.
Peace Mass Transit is our company, because it is federally spread. We should not hate the company, but rather love, support and encourage her.
Thanks.
Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by iykbethany(m): 6:32am On Sep 17, 2016
1. You can decieve some people sometimes but not everyone all the time.
2. Most of your drivers are illitertes and dont give a Bleep about the people they carry.
3. I am not a detractor, I own no transport company and have nothing to gain if your business is closed.
4. Dont take every advise like this as a persoinal attack, treat all customer complains with utmost seriousness.
5. I have used your buses coupla times and stoped using it 4years ago and I WARNED my friends and relatives never to use Peace Mass.
5. Most of your buses do not have speed limiters, the drivers are not trained, you know their stupidity and arrogance once you try telling them to reduce their speed.
6. Few years ago I tried to find out why most of your drivers are arrogant and was told you dont own most of your buses, anyone can buy a bus, bring a driver from only god kows where and the bus is painted peace mass without training the drivers.
7. If we start putting every of your accident on the internet you will be shut down in a short time. Every advise I give is for you to improve and not allow your ignorant drivers kill innocent people.
8. Walk into God is Good motors and see how to run a company. That guy is not from my village, I dont even know who owns that company but hey they are currently the best transport company in Nigeria. If you doubt me, board any buss from east going to Lagos and see for yourself. I travelled from lagos to Owerri last month with God is Good motors, their drivers are educated, very careful, inteligent and DO NOT go beyond 90/kph. But with your company its 140 or 160/kph and when you complain they rudely ask you if they are going to sleep on the road.
The best transport company used to be ABC Transport with their educated//experienced/well dressed drivers and brand new buses, God I dont know what happened to that man. Eventhough his drivers are still good but it seems he swore never to use a brand new buses again. Travelling with ABC these days means spending days on the road because the buses must break down several times before you reach Lagos. I am saying the truth, and its not to spoil una businesses, but rather so you guys can improve.
Good luck and pls train ans retrain ALL your DRIVERS. Most of your drivers are bus conductors turned drivers overnight, its a SHAME.

YOU are not the only transport company in Nigeria, please check the last time and which year ABC transport is involved in an accident. Its because of that singular reason that most people still use ABC even though most of their big buses these days are old and outdated.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2016
iykbethany:
2. Most of your drivers are illitertes and dont give a Bleep about the people they carry.
3. I am not a detractor, I own no transport company and have nothing to gain if your business is closed.
4. Dont take every advise like this as a persoinal attack, treat all customer complains with utmost seriousness.
5. I have used your buses coupla times and stoped using it 4years ago and I WARNED my friends and relatives never to use Peace Mass.
5. Most of your buses do not have speed limiters, the drivers are not trained, you know their stupidity and arrogance once you try telling them to reduce their speed.
6. Few years ago I tried to find out why most of your drivers are arrogant and was told you dont own most of your buses, anyone can buy a bus, bring a driver from only god kows where and the bus is painted peace mass without training the drivers.
7. If we start putting every of your accident on the internet you will be shut down in a short time. Every advise I give is for you to improve and not allow your ignorant drivers kill innocent people.
8. Walk into God is Good motors and see how to run a company. That guy is not from my village, I dont even know who owns that company but hey they are currently the best transport company in Nigeria. If you doubt me, board any buss from east going to Lagos and see for yourself. I travelled from lagos to Owerri last month with God is Good motors, their drivers are educated, very careful, inteligent and DO NOT go beyond 90/kph. But with your company its 140 or 160/kph and when you complain they rudely ask you if they are going to sleep on the road.
The best transport company used to be ABC Transport with their educated//experienced/well dressed drivers and brand new buses, God I dont know what happened to that man. Eventhough his drivers are still good but it seems he swore never to use a brand new buses again. Travelling with ABC these days means spending days on the road because the buses must break down several times before you reach Lagos. I am saying the truth, and its not to spoil una businesses, but rather so you guys can improve.
Good luck and pls train ans retrain ALL your DRIVERS. Most of your drivers are bus conductors turned drivers overnight, its a SHAME.

YOU are not the only transport company in Nigeria, please check the last time and which year ABC transport is involved in an accident. Its because of that singular reason that most people still use ABC even though most of their big buses these days are old and outdated.
thanks bro, nobody hate this guys. any advice is seen as being against God. they better train their driver a d improve their processes.
Re: Before You Kill Peace Mass Transit, Please Hear From Them by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2016
iykbethany:

thanks bro, nobody hate this guys. any advice is seen as being against God. they better train their driver a d improve their processes. that is if their managers even understand what is at stake.

(1) (Reply)

Travel To The North For The First Time. Advise / Any Us Citizen Or Green Card Holder Still Stuck In Nigeria? / Nigerian Visa Named The 9th Hardest In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.