Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank - Investment (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank (81257 Views)

11 Reverend Fathers Defrauded Of N42 Million In Edo By 2 Men Via Wonder Bank / "Stop Investing In MMM" - CBN Warns Nigerians Again / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by Teeboi4real(m): 12:21am On Sep 17, 2016
everything in life is risk.... When intercontinental Bank is no more existn, it closed with 300k of my dad till now my dad no receive kobo nd CBN refused to say anything... My mum purchased a share worth 200k in access bank in year 2000, she wanted to sell it now the bank prized it for 16800, My friend investd 500k on fishery he got 75k Buari no talk or Compensate him for the loss, I have 50k in first bank for more than 6 months when I got there I saw 49866, my friend invited me to join MMM with 50k I collected 75k when it is a month and two days.. Now CBN is tellin me that MMM is fraud. I don't even pray for it to be real. Even I blame myself for not join this fraud since early of this year. Better join fraud now when people re still makin it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by Exzeebeat: 12:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
One thing i still don't understand about this MMM is how they make the 30% they give everyone. Cause even people who ask for help don't pay back with interest so how do they make profit and also get 30% to pay everyone?

Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by dannywhyte(m): 1:38am On Sep 17, 2016
shogat:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has warned Nigerians to be careful of any deposit money institution that is not insured by the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) especially the trending MMM Nigeria community.

The bank through its the acting Director of Corporate Communications, Mr. Isaac Okoroafor, made this known yesterday against the proliferation of wonder banks in the country in recent times.

Okoroafor said such deposit money institutions were dubious present Ponzi schemes.

“At times like this when the economy has suffered some decline, Nigerians should be very careful with those they deal with. Any institution that is not licensed by the CBN to accept deposits should not be given money to keep under any guise,” he advised.

He warned Nigerians to beware of the so-called wonder banks, explaining that they were makeshift institutions to dupe people.

“We can vouch for the banking system. The deposit money banks are the only licensed institutions to take deposits. If you need to deposit money in any form, go to any of the deposit money banks and put your money, you can buy fixed income instruments or invest in stocks,” he said.

Okoroafor said the CBN could not guarantee the unregistered institutions, insisting that when depositors lose money to them, the bank would not be able to help them.

“These people always come with very interesting propositions. These are fraudsters who are just out there to collect people’s money and run away as soon as they hit their target. There is no insurance because the NDIC does not even protect them against such risks when they occur,” the CBN said.

He said the CBN was intensifying efforts and liaising with the various security agencies to identify the promoters of these schemes and have such persons arrested and prosecuted, adding that anyone caught with them would also be made to face the law.

Promoters of wonder banks and other pyramid schemes in the country are currently taking advantage of the rising level of unemployment as well as the shrinking disposable income to attract unsuspecting prey.

From Lagos to Port Harcourt and some other big cities in the country, owners of these illegal businesses have been offering Nigerians mouth-watering interest rates, which cannot be found in the banking system, in a bid to attract large number of customers before they run away with huge cash.

For instance, at the Ojuelegba area of Lagos, THISDAY was recently given a small handbill advertising investment schemes that offers 30 per cent returns in 30 days.

Also, there is a new Ponzi scheme called ‘MMM’ that is spreading like wildfire. A lot of young school leavers have already signed on to this scheme, which the promoters are marketing as a “mutual fund.”

“MMM offers its participants 30 per cent growth rate per month for each and every donation they make into the system… MMM belongs to the community, its sustainability depends on the activities of the people that make up the MMM Nigeria community, that is me and you and other MMM Nigeria participants,” the promoters wrote in an online advertisement.

Typically, what promoters of such pyramid scheme do is that they offer rates far beyond what is obtainable in commercial banks. This would always attract a lot of people who would always rush in to stake their funds. But, those who join the scheme late would always be the ones to lose their shirts as they would have been convinced by those that joined earlier to invest huge amounts of money.

But experts have warned against falling for the bait of illegal deposit-taking institutions which are not licensed by the CBN, saying that their only intention is to defraud members of the public.

Recall that with the Nigerian economy is in recession, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) recently revealed that the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) contracted by 2.06 per cent in the second quarter of 2016, compared to the negative growth of 0.36 per cent recorded in the first quarter of 2016.

Also, national unemployment rate also rose to 13.3 per cent in the second quarter of 2016, from 12.1 in the first quarter of 2016.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/09/14/cbn-warns-nigerians-against-mmm-calls-it-wonder-bank/
Who has the government helped?
Who has bank helped?
Who has SEC helped?
Who has the politicians helped?
Even our Nigerian forces, have they helped anyone?
I guess the obvious answer is NO
Back then in 2009 when Bitcoin was introduced, the government and SEC warned us that its a scam, we should not invest out money in it but today 1 bitcoin is close to $600 if not more than, you can check the equivalent in Naira. Thank God for the young man that invested just $27 as at then. After like 4, 5 years, bitcoin increased in value and the financial status of the young man change.
Government and SEC deprived you of diving into the wealth from bitcoin, is that fair?
Banks will be like, your money is safe with us, and my question is, is our money really safe? They use our money (because without u and I, nothing like bank) to give loans to companies and make huge interest, if they are giving me 5% monthly, i won’t be shouting instead they charge me for using my money for business. Billing you unnecessary charges and the worse part of it is that you can’t talk, even if you do, who will hear you? Bank will send you a credit alert or interest alert of #0.50k and charge #4 for the sms. And you said that one is not a legalized scam (you are wicked).
Politicians will be like vote for us, when you vote for us, we will do this do that. Your vote counts. Liars, the worst scams ever seen are the politicians, deceivers. The less privilege are the ones languishing in poverty but you are there living in luxuries, you denied us from going to the best schools because of the high fees but your children are in the best school outside the country. And you think you are not a scam? You are deceiving yourself.
School will be like read your book and make sure you pass very well so that you can get a good job, where is the job? 6Years in primary, 6yrs secondary school that is if you didn’t repeat any class then 4 yrs in tertiary institution as the case may be plus another 1yr of youth service and after all these years no job to be found and you said that is not a scam?
You subscribe to DSTV, after you might have paid your NEPA bill of which you only get light in the middle of the night around 1am -5am, tell me who want to use the light? And DSTV management could not even pause the operation for you since you are not using the service, that is non of their business and at the end of the month, NEPA will still come with an estimated bill of which you can’t shout, if you do, they will cut your wire and assume you did nothing to it for a month, you still pay for that month despite you didn’t use light and when you want to reconnect, you will pay reconnection fee. is that not a scam?
If I should continue disclosing all their scams, facebook won’t be enough to accommodate it.
We have been in this slavery long enough, we can’t take it any more. It is obvious they do not want the average man to live the better life that we suppose to.
MMM has come to stay and not SEC nor Government can stop it
They said MMM is a scam, yes we know
is a ponzi scheme, yes we are aware of that
is a fraud, yeeeessss we know about that also
Ah, the founder is a thief, yes we read about that, we even read that he was jailed, and so what?
MMM is too risky (Abeg shut up that dirty mouth)
I’ve been taking risk since i was born, living in Nigeria (where there is no security, if its not boko haram today, it will be fulani herdsmen or some stupid avengers and their kinsmen kidnappers etc) is the greatest risk one can take and if i have been living in it for more than 40yrs with the risk attached, i tell you the truth, i can overcome any risk.
We are risk takers
We are scammers
We are ponzians
We are Mavrodian
We are MMM
We love who we are
SEC, who you don epp?
Make una face wetin dey face una for this country and leave us alone. You can only steal my money, you can’t teach me how to spend my money.
A word is enough for the wise. Long live MMM. IRepSustainability of MMM…✅✅✅✅✅
join my team. mail me for further details.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by mecussey(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Rockstar07:

Chief, Wetin you smoke?
my man, for this kind recession watin you expect na.
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by batero: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Why do you call people goats? What is your business about their lives....The ideology of MMM is like the Marxian Ideology.....The founder do not collect members money but member only help memebers.....No central account please....
AngelAhnie:
Be nice, why refer to humans as goat cos they disagree with you.
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by eempire: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2016
emexchuks:
Before I was born CBN was there...am now 29yrs...wot has dey don for me. I have been working as a gate man for d past 3rys..and earning peanut as salary. ."modern slavery" I haven't counted 80k before as my money....but In jst 8months wit MMM... am looking at my 2.3million... am so happy something like MMM came to Nigeria... hello people join MMM today and change ur financial status. ..MMM has come to stay in Nigeria. .whether CBN like it or not... thank God MMM does not have central account dat dey can easily freeze. MMM Rocks... The smarter way to provide help on MMM is with Bitcoin..and earn 50% monthly of ur money. MMM the power of unity... join MMM today. ..together we change Nigeria n d world.
Kindly drop your digits, I have few questions to ask you
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by lanrei(m): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2016
Rockstar07:

Chief, Wetin you smoke?
Lol.
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by lanrei(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Basalt:

Bros, I just sent you message on whatsapp.
Please reply me as soon as possible.
I want to know the safe period to invest in MMM and the indicators that determines safe period and unsafe period.

Thanks
now is the safest time you can get.. Invest now and cash out a month after, repeat same process one more time and that profit is enough if you are wise
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by batero: 11:40am On Sep 17, 2016
[quote author=unite4real post=49405117]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oXuaKNUccg
[/quote

THE TRUTH YOU SHOULD KNOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEvEiuWAKZM]
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by batero: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2016
YOU GET MATCHED INSTANTLY FOR GH BUT PH TAKES TIME BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE PROVIDING HELP THAN GETTING HELP...THIS IS HEALTHY FOR THE SYSTEM TO RUN WELL. PH MUST BE GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO GH......THE TRUTH IS THAT MMM IS WORKING WELL EXCEPT IF THE AGENCIES PREACHING AGAINST IT NOW INTRODUCE PANIC THAT WILL LEAD TO MORE GH THAN PH....THE IDEOLOGY IS CLEAR AND ALMOST SIMILAR TO THAT OF KARL MARX. THE CAPITALISTS WILL NOT WANT THIS SYSTEM TO SURVIVE BECAUSE THEY ENJOY THE CLASS SYSTEM OF MASTER-SLAVE RELATIONSHIP.
mayoor15:
Indicators of it crashing are there already....Why is it taking longer for the machine to pair people to PH to or GH from.. and while is the circle really more than 30days...MMM experts...please answer...
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by batero: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2016
Compliant:
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH PEOPLE SAYING MMM IS NOT A BANK BUT I WANT JUST 1 PERSON AMONG THE MMM PARTICIPANT TO TELL ME WHERE THE 30% INTEREST IS COMING FROM SINCE MMM HAS NO CENTRAL ACCOUNT AND YOU JUST PROVIDE HELP

The MYSTIFIED 30% in MMM. How to Understand It.*

THE MYSTIFIED 30% How to understand it.

Its important you all understand this concept so much that you can easily explain it to others.

Let's look at it from this practical point of view,99% of us here have bank account. Right? Good.

We put our money in the bank because we Trust its safe there What do u think is the % of people who put their money in Banks?

Do you know How many % of people in Nigeria has an account with First Bank?

Yes you guess right!

Let's say 70% of Nigerians.

That's about more than 50million Nigerians. And Among these people are

The Poor
Middle class
and Business men
Companies

Among this set of people are those who deposit their money in bank at different intervals
and different amount.

Right?

And they withdraw at different intervals and different amount.

That means If you deposit 200k Another person deposit 1million,Another deposit 2k,Another deposit 500k,Wenever you are withdrawing your 200k, Someone's elsewhere is depositing a huge amounts.

To supplement ur 200k withdrawal. And this circle continued on and on.
And becos of the population of people using the bank and different set of cash and different time of deposit and withdrawal

There is 100% chances that you must get your money withdrawn whenever you need it.

Anytime u go to bank to withdraw money
That's the principle MMM is also using
Its called *Crowd Funding*.

The power of crowd funding, Banks And all financial institutions use the principle,That's is why the owner of this Banks are filty rich.

Where do you Think Bank Gets money they loan out

( Yes our Money) You evidently give bank your money when you and all those who have account with the bank Crowd Fund(Deposition Remember I want to make this more practical.

Look at this illustration, illustration U have 1million naira,U went to the bank And put it in a fixed deposit account With interest of 12% per year. U are happy As u leave the bank

The business man comes And requests to use your 1million for business. Same bank charges him 35% He agreed. Went to do business with your money and makes profit

Pays the bank your 1million +35% At the end of the year you came and collected 12% Who is the fool among the 3?.

And who is the king?

They all get paid but one of them is the king. The Bank
The *B A N K*.

Now the bank collects our money. And loan it out to business men and make lots of money to pay d staff and enrich his life. What happens to you the depositor. You get Nothing

Not even 1% of your deposit.

Now MMM says No. Because of this unfair financial system.Sergie Mavrodi thought it necessary to look at the financial system and realized that, Banks survive because of the continuous deposit and withdrawal of cash,At different intervals

And because of the population of people who have an account with the bank. Sergey Mavrodi decided that even bank with that principle can even give us 50% of our money monthly but they won't do it

. The principle of crowd funding enables the bank to even give us more interest on our money monthly and nothing will happen. But because of the unfair financial system in place they will never do it.

He realized that if we can come together. Like those population with bank account example I gave earlier .If We can copy the same principle bank and financial institutions use to flourish, We can do a lot .

All it takes is just the Redistribution of cash flows. And the IDeology in MMM.

The system provides that redistribution.And with a great community with same goal and mindset it can be achieved.

Are you u guys getting where I am heading to?.

Because people deposit at different times Banks lives on

Because people PH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because people withdraw in bank at different times. Banks Lives on

Because people GH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because of the influx of PH and GH regular PH and GH there will always be 30% to Pay to everyone .

Because of Regular Deposit and Withdrawal at different times and different amount there must always be money to withdraw in banks.

What if everyone match to bank and withdraw their money same time same day what do you think will happen?

Bank will collapse
Same thing in MMM

If every one GH at the same time MMM won't stand for long.

So it's our responsibility to keep this community strong through regular PH and GH.
The same principle Holds Bank and other financial bodies.

*MAVRODIAN SOLUTION* *LETS KEEP THE FLAME BURNING TILL WE SET OURSELVES FREE FROM THIS WORLD'S FINANCIAL ENSLAVEMENT AND MAKE ALL THE LAND GREEN IN MAVRODIAN BLOOD*........ _my hair down to my toes are green. *WE SAY NO TO THE UNJUST GOVT OF OUR TIME AS WE COME TOGETHER TO BETTER OUR LIVES*
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by batero: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
The MYSTIFIED 30% in MMM. How to Understand It.*

THE MYSTIFIED 30% How to understand it.

Its important you all understand this concept so much that you can easily explain it to others.

Let's look at it from this practical point of view,99% of us here have bank account. Right? Good.

We put our money in the bank because we Trust its safe there What do u think is the % of people who put their money in Banks?

Do you know How many % of people in Nigeria has an account with First Bank?

Yes you guess right!

Let's say 70% of Nigerians.

That's about more than 50million Nigerians. And Among these people are

The Poor
Middle class
and Business men
Companies

Among this set of people are those who deposit their money in bank at different intervals
and different amount.

Right?

And they withdraw at different intervals and different amount.

That means If you deposit 200k Another person deposit 1million,Another deposit 2k,Another deposit 500k,Wenever you are withdrawing your 200k, Someone's elsewhere is depositing a huge amounts.

To supplement ur 200k withdrawal. And this circle continued on and on.
And becos of the population of people using the bank and different set of cash and different time of deposit and withdrawal

There is 100% chances that you must get your money withdrawn whenever you need it.

Anytime u go to bank to withdraw money
That's the principle MMM is also using
Its called *Crowd Funding*.

The power of crowd funding, Banks And all financial institutions use the principle,That's is why the owner of this Banks are filty rich.

Where do you Think Bank Gets money they loan out

( Yes our Money) You evidently give bank your money when you and all those who have account with the bank Crowd Fund(Deposition Remember I want to make this more practical.

Look at this illustration, illustration U have 1million naira,U went to the bank And put it in a fixed deposit account With interest of 12% per year. U are happy As u leave the bank

The business man comes And requests to use your 1million for business. Same bank charges him 35% He agreed. Went to do business with your money and makes profit

Pays the bank your 1million +35% At the end of the year you came and collected 12% Who is the fool among the 3?.

And who is the king?

They all get paid but one of them is the king. The Bank
The *B A N K*.

Now the bank collects our money. And loan it out to business men and make lots of money to pay d staff and enrich his life. What happens to you the depositor. You get Nothing

Not even 1% of your deposit.

Now MMM says No. Because of this unfair financial system.Sergie Mavrodi thought it necessary to look at the financial system and realized that, Banks survive because of the continuous deposit and withdrawal of cash,At different intervals

And because of the population of people who have an account with the bank. Sergey Mavrodi decided that even bank with that principle can even give us 50% of our money monthly but they won't do it

. The principle of crowd funding enables the bank to even give us more interest on our money monthly and nothing will happen. But because of the unfair financial system in place they will never do it.

He realized that if we can come together. Like those population with bank account example I gave earlier .If We can copy the same principle bank and financial institutions use to flourish, We can do a lot .

All it takes is just the Redistribution of cash flows. And the IDeology in MMM.

The system provides that redistribution.And with a great community with same goal and mindset it can be achieved.

Are you u guys getting where I am heading to?.

Because people deposit at different times Banks lives on

Because people PH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because people withdraw in bank at different times. Banks Lives on

Because people GH in MMM different times. MMM lives on

Because of the influx of PH and GH regular PH and GH there will always be 30% to Pay to everyone .

Because of Regular Deposit and Withdrawal at different times and different amount there must always be money to withdraw in banks.

What if everyone match to bank and withdraw their money same time same day what do you think will happen?

Bank will collapse
Same thing in MMM

If every one GH at the same time MMM won't stand for long.

So it's our responsibility to keep this community strong through regular PH and GH.
The same principle Holds Bank and other financial bodies.

*MAVRODIAN SOLUTION* *LETS KEEP THE FLAME BURNING TILL WE SET OURSELVES FREE FROM THIS WORLD'S FINANCIAL ENSLAVEMENT AND MAKE ALL THE LAND GREEN IN MAVRODIAN BLOOD*........ _my hair down to my toes are green. *WE SAY NO TO THE UNJUST GOVT OF OUR TIME AS WE COME TOGETHER TO BETTER OUR LIVES*
Boleyndynasty2:
my dear I've tried really hard to understand d circle of giving and getting and its still not clear. Then you now think of how the company or whatever dey're called make der own profit. Ayam not understanding
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by deflover(m): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
mayoor15:
.....guy you got me clapping for you.......respect dude...highlighting how the system will shutdown is d best have ever heard of...are you a joseph

oga I am a forex trader of 9yrs
It's my job to find where the money goes
if you can find where the money goes in any game
all you need to do is position yourself and follow the money train

it was a difficult one to trace but I found it....lol
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by AngelAhnie(f): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
batero:
Why do you call people goats? What is your business about their lives....The ideology of MMM is like the Marxian Ideology.....The founder do not collect members money but member only help memebers.....No central account please....
I doubt you read the post I quoted.
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by batero: 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE HENCE THEIR SERVER IS NOT HOSTED HERE
Hearme:
I foresee the FG blocking the website from operating in Nigeria very soon.

BE WISE
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
Efewestern:
Seun The rate at which MMM member use this platform to promote there scheme Is alarming,.. Nairaland is home to most Nigerians.. Please try making policy to checkmate These scammers.

undecided bad belle ppl
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by MrWordline(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
MMM is not an investment company. It is not a bank. CBN obviously doesn't understand what MMM is.
MMM is a donation platform. In MMM, we Provide Help and we Get Help. There is no laws in any country that forbids people to Help each other with their money.
MMM is the way to go.
Long Live MMM.
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by mrrevilo: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
Mmm got me freedom from salary slavery. Got my friend his first car and first house. Can Cbn do that?
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by Yorioye: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
Call MMM a PONZY scheme, a Wonder bank or whatever u like, datz ur f**king problem. As long as d money am participating with is mine and nobody's, as long as I didn't steal money from central bank or whoever, u people shud just mind ur biz and stop blackmailing MMM , continue with wot u all know how to do best "stealing our money" and let us be.Long live MMM.
And for yr information even if MMM Nigeria crashes today(God forbid), whenever it starts again, I will still join, so just go and sit sm where notin u say will change d mind of poor Nigerians dat know wot financial freedom meana .
Re: CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank by Shegricho: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Sergey Panteleevich Mavrodi ( Russian: Серге́й Пантелеевич Мавроди; born August 11, 1955) is a Russian criminal and a former deputy of the State Duma. He is the founder of the
МММ series of pyramid schemes . In 2007 Sergei Mavrodi was found guilty in a Russian court of defrauding 10,000 investors out of 110 million rubles ($4.3 million). [1][2][3]
MMM activities
In 1989 he founded MMM . [4][5][6]
He was then elected to the State Duma, [6] thereby obtaining parliamentary immunity. Mavrodi declared MMM bankrupt on December 22, 1997, then disappeared, and was on the run until his arrest in 2003. [7]
In 1998 Mavrodi created Stock Generation , [8][9] allegedly a classic
pyramid scheme presented as a "virtual stock market game". [1] The website ran from 1998 to early 2000. The Massachusetts district court initially found that U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission was unable to cite Stock Generation's founders and owners for securities violations. However, the United States Court of Appeals reversed this decision in 2001, concluding that the SEC alleged sufficient facts to state a triable claim. [10] In 2003 the SEC obtained permanent injunctions against SG Ltd. and relief defendants SG Perfect and SG Trading, which profited from the disbursement of funds fraudulently gained by SG Ltd. [11][12]
On April 28, 2007, a Moscow court sentenced him to four and a half years in a penal colony. The court also fined him 10,000 rubles ($390).
[7]
In January 2011, Mavrodi launched another pyramid scheme called MMM-2011, asking investors to buy so-called Mavro currency units. He frankly described it as a pyramid, adding "It is a naked scheme, nothing more ... People interact with each other and give each other money. For no reason!" [13] Mavrodi said that his goal with MMM-2011 is to destroy the current financial system, which he considers unfair, which would allow something new to take its place. MMM-2011 was able to function openly as Ponzi schemes and financial pyramids are not illegal under Russian law. [14] In May 2012 he froze the operation and announced that there would be no more payouts. [15]
In 2011 he launched a similar scheme in India, called MMM India, again stating clearly that the vehicle is a pyramid.[16] He has also launched MMM in China. [17] He was reported to be trying to expand his operations into Western Europe, Canada, and Latin America. [14] As of September 2015 it had spread rapidly in South Africa with a claimed 1% per day or 30% per month interest rate scheme[18] and warnings from both the
South African and Russian Communist Parties for people not to participate in it. [19]
Book
In 2008 Mavrodi published the book "Temptation". In May 2008, bailiffs arrested Mavrodi's rights to this book. Seven thousand copies of the book were published. [3][20]
References

Source: Wikipedia

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Abayomi Segun Oluwasesan: How I Hacked Afriq Arbitrage System, Stole Billions / MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.