Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,605 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. (10795 Views)

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / The Testimony Of Renowned Muslim Convert Nabeel Qureshi (david Woods Convert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

i dont need to be a ''juju man'' to know that tomorrow will be better sire..
So you have hope?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by raphieMontella: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2016
winner01:
So you have hope?
reality..not hope in your style
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by hopefulLandlord: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
We all love and appreciate futuristic thinking, but the line has to get drawn at a point lest it becomes more ridiculous than the religious notions that ''we'' so deride

I think you got my point here

the unknown remains unknown

the possibilities are endless when something is "unknown"

there is nowhere to actually "draw the line"

that's why you see theists create Christian hell, Muslim hell, Valhalla, reincarnation; they are all "possibilities"
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Touchnot01: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Tell me about it!

"When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand." Deuteronomy 25:11-12

"Ye shall not round the corners of your heads." Leviticus 19:27

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off shall be admitted to the assembly of the LORD." Deuteronomy 23:1

These are such accurate and important pieces of guidance. Sharper than bullets. Thank god for the bible. Lowly human minds could never come up with something like this on their own.
Have you actually studied the Bible, Do you understand anything about the judicial, moral, and ceremonial laws meant for the isrealites? Do you know the meaning of the new convenant?
Have you actually taken time to study what you hate so much?
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Edek27(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2016
Touchnot01:
Have you actually studied the Bible, Do you understand anything about the judicial, moral, and ceremonial laws meant for the isrealites? Do you know the neaming of the new convenant?
You r correct
Many of dem jst tlk witout undastandin d bible
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by cloudgoddess(f): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
Touchnot01:
Have you actually studied the Bible, Do you understand anything about the judicial, moral, and ceremonial laws meant for the isrealites? Do you know the meaning of the new convenant?
You're missing the point entirely (or perhaps purposely evading it). Step back and try to be objective.

Those rules, regardless of the context, are clearly the makings of human minds that wanted to create governing laws for their societies, but were extremely limited by the lack of information available in their time. NOT the makings of any supreme deity with advanced knowledge on the workings of human behavior & social science.

Why is it that the rules in developed countries today are LIGHTYEARS ahead of the rules layed out in the bible? Why is it that you have to say "those were just for the Israelites because blah blah blah"? Perfect, flawless, & reasonable laws do not have to be defended by excuses. The bible was made up by 1st century humans, which is why it contains so much ridiculous 1st century barbarism.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by felixomor: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
cloudgoddess:

You're missing the point entirely (or perhaps purposely evading it). Step back and try to be objective.

Those rules, regardless of the context, are clearly the makings of human minds that wanted to create governing laws for their societies, but were extremely limited by the lack of information available in their time. NOT the makings of any supreme deity with advanced knowledge on the workings of human behavior & social science.

Why is it that the rules in developed countries today are LIGHTYEARS ahead of the rules layed out in the bible? Why is it that you have to say "those were just for the Israelites because blah blah blah"? Perfect, flawless, & reasonable laws do not have to be defended by excuses. The bible was made up by 1st century humans, which is why it contains so much ridiculous 1st century barbarism.

Which law is light years ahead? Just asking

And by the way,
There is no such thing as perfect law.
Thats why Jesus came to save mankind.
The perfect remission.
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2016
good story
Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2016
The illogicality of atheism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Failed Me; The Testimony Of Nick Watts. by winner01(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
KingEbukasBlog:
good story
thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It True, CCC And C&S Are Into Worship Of Water Spirit Without Knowing? / "I Traveled To Mecca And Came Back To Become A Pastor" / A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.