Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt (11336 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by HCpaul(m): 12:26am On Sep 16, 2016
ifenes:
Christianity is a wheelchair for the hopeless,weak,unintelligent and gullible. If you have much to do and less time,religion won't cross your mind,not to talk of defending an unknown deity. I may sound a bit harsh,but I had to say it

Respect Bro!

Christianity is not efficient in terms of allocation of time resources. I see no reason why faith should be directed towards circumstances that doesn't correlate with nature and reality.

The God standard in the Bible is very primitive and ain't fit enough to be tagged an intelligent designer unless it only takes foolishness and primitiveness to become one.

The God of any religion didn't meet the standard of an intelligent designer.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 12:28am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
But I dont believe in superstitions and atheists are not in control of the natural. undecided
you no longer believe in the supernatural?
The laws of nature control the natural oga..
Does yahweh control gravity?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I don't understand how this proves anything

those theists who found answers found it "in spite" of their religion and not "because" of their religion

stop dwelling on wrong assumptions

Bottomline those theists who found answers were theists. Be it that they found answers because of their religion or not does not matter. Their foundation was theism.

Do you not disprove with your very words right here that theists are dumb and unable to think and lack intelligence?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 12:28am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
I dont dwell on things that are not true, i dont think your children will live like you.
you're so fixated on children; my children would make their own choices not the pathetic indoctrination done by religious people lime you

I am here to expose the foolishness of having imaginary friends
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 12:30am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Bottomline those theists who found answers were theists. Be it that they found answers because of their religion or not does not matter. Their foundation was theism.

Do you not disprove with your very words right here that theists are dumb and unable to think and lack intelligence?

when did I say that?

you're making shit up again, just like those that created Yahweh

2 Likes

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 16, 2016
HCpaul:

Respect Bro!

Christianity is not efficient in terms of allocation of time resources. I see no reason why faith should be directed towards circumstances that doesn't correlate with nature and reality.

The God standard in the Bible is very primitive and ain't fit enough to be tagged an intelligent designer unless it only takes foolishness to become one.

I suppose you are suddenly now light years ahead of our time now that you are an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 12:31am On Sep 16, 2016
HCpaul:

The God standard in the Bible is very primitive and ain't fit enough to be tagged an intelligent designer unless it only takes foolishness to become one.
thank you@the bolded..
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

when did I say that?

you're making shit up again, just like those that created Yahweh

You need to read your post again. You know you have always had a weakness I know of so read your post again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 12:33am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

You need to read your post again. You know you have always had a weakness I know of so read your post again

oga point it out and stop the rigmarole
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 12:38am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

bros..they used their brain outside of religion..
If they had adhered to what's taught in the holy books they wouldnt have done so.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 16, 2016
@hopefullandlord so you cannot see the way you killed your own argument with your own words? Words you thought about first before typing down? Smh
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by felixomor: 12:40am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what people regard as "supernatural" is simply mysteries we are yet to unravel

500 years ago, almost all humans on earth believes thunder, rain and other things to be controlled by the supernatural even created gods out of it

today we know better, hell, Dubai can make rain fall right now over there if they want to

that's the same fallacy you're applying here

anyways, lest we lose track statistics show prayers don't work

Abeg where is the statistics on prayer, as u claim?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

If they had adhered to what's taught in the holy books they wouldnt have done so.

Even you are shooting yourself in the foot here. If they could use their brains inspite of religion then how did you arrive at the fact that religion is intellectual bondage?

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:42am On Sep 16, 2016
felixomor:

Brother
Yeah,
According to his logic,
If u use paracetamol for headache and it "doesn't work" for him,
Automatically, u can conclude "paracetamol doesn't exist".

Hehehe, typical atheist logic. shocked
lol grin grin
You dey mind dem grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 12:44am On Sep 16, 2016
@4evergod

I ain't got time for useless back and forth

simply quote where I said theists can't think for themselves and are unintelligent
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:45am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I don't understand how this proves anything

those theists who found answers found it "in spite" of their religion and not "because" of their religion

stop dwelling on wrong assumptions
Where did their belief ask them not to find answers?
We keep finding answers. 100 years from now, ther will be more answers. Will you say religion is why we cant find today the answers we will find over the next 100 years?

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:46am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

you no longer believe in the supernatural?
The laws of nature control the natural oga..
Does yahweh control gravity?
Yahweh created gravity.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
@4evergod

I ain't got time for useless back and forth

simply quote where I said theists can't think for themselves and are unintelligent

That has been your anthem all along whenever atheists lay claim to this. Even your comment clearly said theists found answers and were not based on religion....interpretation. ..religion hinders the quest for answers...

You really need to be quick on your feet when thinking and making comments.

Religion is all about spiritual development and never stands in the way of physical development.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:49am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you're so fixated on children; my children would make their own choices not the pathetic indoctrination done by religious people lime you

I am here to expose the foolishness of having imaginary friends
Would you take them to the church as well as strip clubs and allow them to choose for themselves, or would you choose for them what you think is right even though right and wrong does not exist.

When they eventually see the foolishness in your worldview and embrace God, wouldnt you have wasted your life?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:51am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

I suppose you are suddenly now light years ahead of our time now that you are an atheist.
That HCPaul is something else, only God can help him.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 12:51am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Even you are shooting yourself in the foot here. If they could use their brains inspite of religion then how did you arrive at the fact that religion is intellectual bondage?
their views and findings were contradictory to the beliefs of their religion or their religious books which was supposed to be the word of a creator deity...
By todays standards..they would be what you term ''church goers''.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
That HCPaul is something else, only God can help him.

Lol he must have a house on the moon or a garage in the clouds bow that he is an atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:52am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

Can you tell us the verse in the Holy Book that is against what they did?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 12:54am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Where did their belief ask them not to find answers?
We keep finding answers. 100 years from now, ther will be more answers. Will you say religion is why we cant find today the answers we will find over the next 100 years?
and the answers found will keep on making theists to take their holy books from ''literal to fictional'' and inevitablly discard it.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 12:54am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:

Would you take them to the church as well as strip clubs and allow them to choose for themselves, or would you choose for them what you think is right even though right and wrong does not exist.

Last time I checked, children aren't allowed into strip clubs, dig deeper for better example, you're capable of that

When they eventually see the foolishness in your worldview and embrace God, wouldnt you have wasted your life?

when you eventually see the foolishness in your views and embrace atheism, wouldn't you have wasted your life?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:55am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

their views and findings were contradictory to the beliefs of their religion or their religious books which was supposed to be the word of a creator deity...
Prof.!!!

Why are you lying?

Just say they were atheists grin

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

Wrong! Their views and findings helped in confirming the existence of intelligence and an intelligent designer. Those discoveries actually compliment religion and not refute it.

Science is the finger of nature pointing at a creator but only upholders of truth will attest to this.

Why its actually called a discovery is because it has been there all along but only now visible. Inventions are just extensions of nature and further proof of intelligence behind the universe as only intelligence can birth complexity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 12:58am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Can you tell us the verse in the Holy Book that is against what they did?
religion at that time usually supressed scientific knowledge...terming it ''hearsay'' and tools of the ''devil''
theres a bible verse o...which says we shouldnt
but im saying if they had kept on believing what was passed on in ''holy books'' as truth of the world...they wouldnt !
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:03am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Last time I checked, children aren't allowed into strip clubs, dig deeper for better example, you're capable of that

when you eventually see the foolishness in your views and embrace atheism, wouldn't you have wasted your life?
You'll need to expose them to both sides so they can choose for themselves, anything short of that is indoctrination. Please dont forget to come back here and tell us what they chose.

I wouldnt have wasted my life. I've been irreligious, ive been a lukeworm christian, ive been a christian no better than an atheist, but now im a true born again christian. Im also enjoying my life to the fullest.

I've lived that life you speak about, that life which seems right unto man, that life which ends in destruction.
Jesus is Life my brother.
Stop fighting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:04am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Lol he must have a house on the moon or a garage in the clouds bow that he is an atheist.
lol.
Its just plain delusional.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

religion at that time usually supressed scientific knowledge...terming it ''hearsay'' and tools of the ''devil''
theres a bible verse o...which says we shouldnt
but im saying if they had kept on believing what was passed on in ''holy books'' as truth of the world...they wouldnt !

It wasn't religion that stood in the way of such...it was human ignorance. Some of the church leaders then had authority but were ignorant in their authority so mixed Religion and their authority as knowledge hence their position against science.

Don't kill yourself over this. Even here on nairaland the critical thinkers in the face of arguments have been theists and facts confirm this. We think and present fresh facts and fresh arguments but all atheists here do a mirror effect on each other and regurgitate each others arguments over and over again and this has never changed for the past 20 or so odd years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:05am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

and the answers found will keep on making theists to take their holy books from ''literal to fictional'' and inevitablly discard it.
Lol.

Some people said this 500 years ago, im sure they will still say it in 500 years time, if Jesus tarries.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The End Time Is Evident In This Shocking News / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' / Learn How The 16 Odu Ifa Warn You For Free Without Consulting Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.