Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions (8772 Views)

Etiquettes Of Eating And Drinking In Ramadan And Fasting / Islamic Etiquettes of Seeking Permission To Enter Houses / Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by abduolaye(m): 6:34am On Sep 17, 2016
@Contact17,,it is an impressive Fatwah,,Jazakhallah Khayran
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by toheebDOTcom(m): 10:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
@ Abdelkabir, Contact17
Thank You, Best replies to clear most of my doubts.
If it's okay, can I make one or two comments?
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 18, 2016
toheebDOTcom:
@ Abdelk.abir, Contact17

Thank You, Best replies to clear most of my doubts.

If it's okay, can I make one or two comments?

Na'am, besmellâh!

2 Likes

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by AideeSheks(m): 6:25am On Sep 18, 2016
AbdelKabir:

There are proofs in the sonnah that prohibits all the hairstyles you mentioned above except low cut, so the logic does not apply and you should preach against them.

Allâh knows best.
Just to show the brother some of these proofs.

Imam Ahmad (5583) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a boy, part of whose hair had been shaved and part had been left. He forbade that and said: “Shave it all or leave it all.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’. Al-Bukhaari (5921) and Muslim (2120) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’. Naafi’ was asked: What is al-qaza’? He said: Shaving part of a boy’s head and leaving part.

May Allah guide us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 18, 2016
AideeSheks:

Just to show the brother some of these proofs.

Imam Ahmad (5583) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a boy, part of whose hair had been shaved and part had been left. He forbade that and said: “Shave it all or leave it all.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’. Al-Bukhaari (5921) and Muslim (2120) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade qaza’. Naafi’ was asked: What is al-qaza’? He said: Shaving part of a boy’s head and leaving part.

May Allah guide us.

Jazaka Allâh kheiran.

toheebDOTcom
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by carinmom(f): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:

JazakAllaah brother, I've really learnt a lot! BTW you are my namesake cheesy

I even thought it was your alternate moniker.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
carinmom:

I even thought it was your alternate moniker.

How are you sister? How is Fatima?
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by carinmom(f): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:

How are you sister? How is Fatima?

We are both doing great, and you?
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
carinmom:

We are both doing great, and you?

Alhamdulillaah.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by carinmom(f): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Alhamdulillaah.

Masha'Allah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by tintingz(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
AbdelKabir

Imitating the Kuffar makes you one of them, I didn't say this, the prophet did, I think the sister has done justice to this tho.
Your response were great but I still find some confusing like the emoji/smiley part.

Imitating the kuffar makes someone one of them, erm there are a lot of things we Muslims do and adopt to our everyday living culture that the kuffar invented and practice.

I guess a lot of we Muslims are one of them? undecided
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
tintingz:
Your response were great but I still find some confusing like the emoji/smiley part.

Imitating the kuffar makes someone one of them, erm there are a lot of things we Muslims do and adopt to our everyday living culture that the kuffar invented and practice.

I guess a lot of we Muslims are one of them? undecided

There are two types, the one that is permissible and the one that is haraam. what is haraam, is what is detrimental to your Islam such as things specific to a particular practice of another religion. Now I was speaking in respect to emojis of angels, clapping of hands for prayers and some other acts of worship specifically for Christianity and other religions.

And as for the other kind of emoji like the kiss emoji and something similar, gives suggestive meanings to the opposite sex, which sheitan is always ready to exploit, so in other to go off the trap of sheitan, AVOID THEM TOTALLY.

Note: Zina is not only doing the act, but thinking of it is also regarded zina.

1 Like

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Just to add to what Abdelkabir said, the prophet asked us to be different in all things when compared to the kuffar, which is why till today I don't underline but I "over line", the kuffar drag their cloths on the ground, cut yours to the ankle, they shave their beards, let yours grow, the say " wow" when amazed, say "subhanAllaah", they say " great", say "masha Allaah", they say " thanks", say "jazakAllaah khaira", just be different!

2 Likes

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by tintingz(m): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
AbdelKabir:

There are two types, the one that is permissible and the one that is haraam. what is haraam, is what is detrimental to your Islam such as things specific to a particular practice of another religion. Now I was speaking in respect to emojis of angels, clapping of hands for prayers and some other acts of worship specifically for Christianity and other religions.

And as for the other kind of emoji like the kiss emoji and something similar, gives suggestive meanings to the opposite sex, which sheitan is always ready to exploit, so in other to go off the trap of sheitan, AVOID THEM TOTALLY.

Note: Zina is not only doing the act, but thinking of it is also regarded zina.
Muslims believe in angels,
The emoji for prayer are two hands, hands are also a symbol when a Muslim is making a Du'a.

I know haraam means something that's not of Islam belief but what's the different between what you said and a scholar that said using spoon and fork to eat is haraam.

That was exactly what he was deriving at when he said imitating the kuffar makes someone one of them.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
tintingz:
Muslims believe in angels,

Yes we believe in Angel,

But

The concept of Angel portrayed in the emoji is what you believe in?

The emoji for prayer are two hands, hands are also a symbol when a Muslim is making a Du'a.

You do clap your hands right?

I know haraam means something that's not of Islam belief but what's the different between what you said and a scholar that said using spoon and fork to eat is haraam.

Haraam is something that has been specifically prohibited by Allaah and his messenger, imitating them in things that affects our Islam is one of them, spoon and fork has nothing to do with religion, spoon and fork isn't particular to a religion, be it Christianity or Judaism or what have you?

That was exactly what he was deriving at when he said imitating the kuffar makes someone one of them.

Its different.

2 Likes

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
However if you choose to be adamant, really is no one's problem except yours, someone moved by whims and desires will never concur. I have never seen an emoji that looks like stretching hands for dua...

I fear you are being controlled by your whims and desire.

For these prople are those that when they see things that follows their reasoning, they dont get critical about it, but once it goes against it, they become "critical".

2 Likes

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by tintingz(m): 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
AbdelKabir:

Yes we believe in Angel,

But

The concept of Angel portrayed in the emoji is what you believe in?
Must the emoji signify what I believe in?

Is like saying using a Quran app on my phone shouldn't be the concept of reading the Quran.

You do clap your hands right?
Like have said the emoji for prayer are two hands, Muslims make use of hands too it might not be how Muslims pray but it signifies prayer.

Maybe we Muslims should stop using PC, phones, emails, messages, chats etc since all these softwares were invented by kuffar to make us stay away from imitating them.

Haraam is something that has been specifically prohibited by Allaah and his messenger, imitating them in things that affects our Islam is one of them, spoon and fork has nothing to do with religion, spoon and fork isn't particular to a religion, be it Christianity or Judaism or what have you?

Its different.
Then how is making use of emojis affect Islam belief or my faith?

I wonder why people just assume something to be an issue, different scholars with different issues(opinion) making things confusing.

Prophet Muhammad (SA) warned about extremism.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 19, 2016
tintingz:
Must the emoji signify what I believe in?

Is like saying using a Quran app on my phone shouldn't be the concept of reading the Quran

I will attach a picture for all to see what you are defending, the Angel emoji is portrayed as a woman, pls do you have proof that angels are women? kalla!!, rather you have proof against you where Allâh says;

“And they make the angels who themselves are slaves of the Most Gracious (Allah) females. Did they witness their creation? Their testimony will be recorded, and they will be questioned.”

And this;

“Or did We create the angels female while they were witnesses?”

My position is clear, you just choosing to be adamant,

I said avoid things that are specific to their religion, you are asking if it must signify what you believe in? Pls don't be ridiculous.

Like have said the emoji for prayer are two hands, Muslims make use of hands too it might not be how Muslims pray but it signifies prayer.

As far as i know, there is no emoji that looks like stretching hands for dua, we have the one that looks like when indias want to say "namaste", we have the one that looks like christians clapping hands, we have the one raising hands up joint together by the thumbs representing a cult group im the US, well people will see this when i attach the picture.

We have emojis for gàys, for lesbiàns, for boyfriends ane girlfriends, and so on.

Maybe we Muslims should stop using PC, phones, emails, messages, chats etc since all these softwares were invented by kuffar to make us stay away from imitating them.

I have stated earlier that all these are not specific to a particular religion, or are they? You just looking for sympathy to score cheap points...

then how is making use of emojis affect Islam belief or my faith?

The message is clear,

Smiling is not specific to a religion, neither is laughing, or anything similar, dont just use emojis that has suggestive meanings(that Sparks lust) when speaking to opposite sex.

I wonder why people just assume something to be an issue, different scholars with different issues(opinion) making things confusing.

Really, all what you are bringing up are examples, the root cause is "imitation of kuffar in things specific to their religion" which is my main aim not even the emoji, definitely the prophet spoke about that, no scholar is assuming anything.

Prophet Muhammad (SA) warned about extremism.

Yes and gave the meaning of extremism, going pass the boundaries Allâh and his messenger has set, and as for now, i am still within the boundary of "do not imitate the kuffar"

Islam forbids the Muslims to imitate the kuffaar, especially the Jews and Christians, but this prohibition does not apply to all their affairs, rather it applies to matters of their religion and things that are unique to them, by which they are known.

Mind you he also warned about being too lenient with your religion.

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by tintingz(m): 7:07am On Sep 19, 2016
AbdelKabir:

I will attach a picture for all to see what you are defending, the Angel emoji is portrayed as a woman, pls do you have proof that angels are women? kalla!!, rather you have proof against you where Allâh says;

“And they make the angels who themselves are slaves of the Most Gracious (Allah) females. Did they witness their creation? Their testimony will be recorded, and they will be questioned.”

And this;

“Or did We create the angels female while they were witnesses?”

My position is clear, you just choosing to be adamant,

I said avoid things that are specific to their religion, you are asking if it must signify what you believe in? Pls don't be ridiculous.
Lol, that your angel emoji is not an angel but a bride on white garment, the other doesn't look like any specific gender to me.
Besides I can make use of this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b8/e8/e2/b8e8e2bb9aa15fce3b77830280b63942.jpg

**Image Attached**

As far as i know, there is no emoji that looks like stretching hands for dua, we have the one that looks like when indias want to say "namaste", we have the one that looks like christians clapping hands, we have the one raising hands up joint together by the thumbs representing a cult group im the US, well people will see this when i attach the picture.
All religion are known for using hands when praying.

I'm a Muslim, I observe my solah and make my du'a the way it is in the sunnah, using that emoji doesn't mean I pray like that or imitate them(I don't use the prayer emoji tho), using hands when praying is a universal symbol for most religion whether Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam etc.

Like have said going by your imitating stuff maybe we Muslims should stay away from kuffar invented softwares and create ours.

We have emojis for gàys, for lesbiàns, for boyfriends ane girlfriends, and so on.
So?

Am not gay nor lesbian why should i use them.

I have stated earlier that all these are not specific to a particular religion, or are they? You just looking for sympathy to score cheap points...
Religion names are not tagged on those smileys.

Those softwares and apps we Muslims use are created by kuffar, what is your point?

I'm not looking for any sympathy to score any cheap point, I'm rational when it comes to some things.

The message is clear,

Smiling is not specific to a religion, neither is laughing, or anything similar, dont just use emojis that has suggestive meanings(that Sparks lust) when speaking to opposite sex.
Ok.

Really, all what you are bringing up are examples, the root cause is "imitation of kuffar in things specific to their religion" which is my main aim not even the emoji, definitely the prophet spoke about that, no scholar is assuming anything.

Yes and gave the meaning of extremism, going pass the boundaries Allâh and his messenger has set, and as for now, i am still within the boundary of "do not imitate the kuffar"

Islam forbids the Muslims to imitate the kuffaar, especially the Jews and Christians, but this prohibition does not apply to all their affairs, rather it applies to matters of their religion and things that are unique to them, by which they are known.

Mind you he also warned about being too lenient with your religion.
There is no how using things invented by kuffar will separate Muslims from them. That's just the fact.

That was why that scholar was saying using spoon and fork is haraam, fanatic, extremist sects are calling western education a sin.

1 Like

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2016
tintingz:
Lol, that your angel emoji is not an angel but a bride on white garment, the other doesn't look like any specific gender to me.
Besides I can make use of this:

**Image Attached**

All religion are known for using hands when praying.

I'm a Muslim, I observe my solah and make my du'a the way it is in the sunnah, using that emoji doesn't mean I pray like that or imitate them(I don't use the prayer emoji tho), using hands when praying is a universal symbol for most religion whether Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam etc.

Like have said going by your imitating stuff maybe we Muslims should stay away from kuffar invented softwares and create ours.

So?

Am not gay nor lesbian why should i use them.

Religion names are not tagged on those smileys.

Those softwares and apps we Muslims use are created by kuffar, what is your point?

I'm not looking for any sympathy to score any cheap point, I'm rational when it comes to some things.

Ok.

There is no how using things invented by kuffar will separate Muslims from them. That's just the fact.

That was why that scholar was saying using spoon and fork is haraam, fanatic, extremist sects are calling western education a sin.

This is what i said,

And its enough for anyone to get my point, my aim is not the emojis iitself but that ^^, so mentioning of software, PC, spoon, fork, etc is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2016
Smh
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by tintingz(m): 8:17am On Sep 19, 2016
AbdelKabir:

This is what i said,

And its enough for anyone to get my point, my aim is not the emojis iitself but that ^^, so mentioning of software, PC, spoon, fork, etc is ridiculous.
I'm not disputing @bolded.

My own is as long as Muslims make use of kuffar invented things there is no how someone will not end up imitating them especially people living in mix religion society.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2016
tintingz:
I'm not disputing @bolded.

My own is as long as Muslims make use of kuffar invented things there is no how someone will not end up imitating them especially people living in mix religion society.

End up imitating them in their RELIGION??
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by tintingz(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2016
AbdelKabir:

End up imitating them in their RELIGION??
Lol NO,

things that are of their religion origin. e.g white wedding gown, congregation Du'as on Sundays, Islamic music that make people dance, Using sand to see someone's destiny(fortune-telling), counting Misbaha/tesbih(bead) and picking to see someone's problem, Wife changing surname, wearing beads on neck Etc.

Many Muslims now see this as part of Islam which is not in the Sunnah.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran abdelkabir for taking the time to explain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Contact17:
Jazakallahu Khairan abd.elkabir for taking the time to explain.

Wa ant fa jazaki Allâh khaira...
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by carinmom(f): 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Alhamdulillaah.

Assalam alayk,

Long time Ya akhi, how do you do?
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
carinmom:

Assalam alayk,

Long time Ya akhi, how do you do?

Wa alaykumus salaam warahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu sister, by Allaah sister i had it in mind to ask after you through one of the dead threads today, i dont know how come i didn't.

I am fine ukhti how bout you and faatima?
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by carinmom(f): 11:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wa alaykumus salaam warahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu sister, by Allaah sister i had it in mind to ask after you through one of the dead threads today, i dont know how come i didn't.

I am fine ukhti how bout you and faatima?

We are both fine, i hardly visit nairaland these days because of Fatima, she mostly sleeps during the day, but whenever its 10pm, hmmm my brother the story changes.
Right now I've been placed on drugs to control my BP.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
carinmom:

We are both fine, i hardly visit nairaland these days because of Fatima, she mostly sleeps during the day, but whenever its 10pm, hmmm my brother the story changes.
Right now I've been placed on drugs to control my BP.

Kai! Sorry, i can imagine the stress, i really respect you women, na una dey try pass for pikin.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by carinmom(f): 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Kai! Sorry, i can imagine the stress, i really respect you women, na una dey try pass for pikin.

Its indeed stressful, that's why the reward for it from Allah SWT is immeasurable.
Re: Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 07, 2016
carinmom:

Its indeed stressful, that's why the reward for it from Allah SWT is immeasurable.

wAllaahi that's true, anyway sorry for the stress, may Allaah reward you and preserve fatima for you – Ameen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Authentic Step By Step Illustrated Janazah Guide / 14 Most Common Mistakes During Salaah And How To Correct Them / 4 Prayers To Increase You In Knowledge In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.