Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

A Call On Mr President To Review The Nysc Scheme - Akeju Oluwatosin - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Call On Mr President To Review The Nysc Scheme - Akeju Oluwatosin (593 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / Sierra Leone Understudies Nigeria’s NYSC Scheme / Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call On Mr President To Review The Nysc Scheme - Akeju Oluwatosin by haykayjay(m): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2016
Maybe it's time the Government know about the heart desires and agonies of every Nigeria graduate. What every human wants and strive for the most is a means of survival.
Perhaps we don't really know or have not given much thoughts to the Economic benefits of having every youths empowered in this our country Nigeria.

Alot of graduates are out in the Labour market with skills that can bring about economic prosperity if fully utilized, but yet the environment which they found themselves and some other factors keep serving as hindrance for them harnessing their skills.

May I remind you that the only way to empower a soldier during war is by giving him ammunition to battle his enemies, but in the real sense, if a soldier is given a gun without bullets, then his gun is as good as stick, and his chance of survival during the battle will be minimal.

Such is the case of every Nigerian graduates out there in the Labour market. We operate and live in a system where the government believe once you have been to the tertiary institution you should on your own be able to find a means of survival.

Though it would have been easy in a system whereby the skill such a graduate possessed is in demand, but in a system like that of Nigeria where no institution or organization requires your skill how then should the graduates survive.

I know many would say graduates are not only meant to narrow their search to a white collar job, there is also need for them to engaged themselves in handwork, but it will interest you to know that there are millions of graduates out there who can engage themselves in so many handwork and still yet find it hard to survive in this harsh economy.

An economy can only prosper and experience economic growth only when the country can produce for itself and also have enough left to trade out to the outside environment.

To cut my lengthy story short, I can only device a solution rather continue preaching about the Economic woes of the Nation.

Wouldn't it be better if the Government revise the operation of the NYSC and turn it into an initiative that will empower every graduates. I would rather seek that every graduates be registered into the scheme and given just a short training on how to invest in themselves and the economy or rather teach them a skill that will serve as a means of survival to them and then pay them their full year allowance so as for them to invest in the skill they have learnt during the short training the scheme has given them, which can be done during their orientation camp. By so doing the government haven't only equipped them with a gun but also given them bullets to fire up their skills.

This will go a long way in helping them survive in this era of economic recession. Rather than the normal time wasting MAN O WAR drilling giving to them for three weeks. That's not what our youth need at the present time.

They should rather be allowed to invest on themselves with the lump sum which is their yearly alawee given to them after the training program, rather than being posted to several places and allow then spend their monthly alawee on food and cloths. This will only last them for a moment which is a year. But the question is after that 1 year what next?

This is only my view and I am open to more suggestions and criticism.

cc
Lalasticlala
Yokiti
Re: A Call On Mr President To Review The Nysc Scheme - Akeju Oluwatosin by RealJaneDoe: 7:13am On Sep 16, 2016
They say buhari is deaf
so he can't answer any call
Re: A Call On Mr President To Review The Nysc Scheme - Akeju Oluwatosin by YNWA1: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2016
N
Re: A Call On Mr President To Review The Nysc Scheme - Akeju Oluwatosin by haykayjay(m): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2016
YNWA1:
N
Space booker
Re: A Call On Mr President To Review The Nysc Scheme - Akeju Oluwatosin by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
haykayjay:

Space booker
bosun?

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations, The Date For Batch B 0rientaion Exercise Has Been Released. / (DOB)1990 Changed To 1986 By NYSC Pls HELP / Make Money While You Serve . Oriflame Is Recruiting. See Details Below.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.