Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians (2758 Views)

The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Pakistani Men Who Were To Preach Islam To Nigerians Cause Stir On Lagos Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by xdos(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2016
I don't know if anyone has posted this here but let me still share this with us.
I boarded Etihad Airways on my return from India to Nigeria.
From Mumbai to Abu Dhabi, Etihad used very nice state of the art airplane but from Abu Dhabi to Nigeria, they used an old rickety Molue Seychelles airplane to convey us down to Nigeria.
Before boarding, I raised the issue with the Etihad staff on ground and i was given cold response. One of the passengers who use Etihad a lot confirmed that this is what they do when most passengers travelling to Nigeria are Nigerians... He also said three Nigerians who tried to protest the ill treatment and encouraged others not to board where whisked away by security after Pilot said he could not fly with them on board.

It is not like the fare charged by Etihad to Nigeria is lower so i don't understand why Nigerians will be treated like crap by them. I hope those in Authority will look into this. It is just unfair.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 16, 2016
even our president recognised that 'we are fantastically corrupt'. who is going to defend us. we need to start f,,king those guys.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2016
Sorry. Ethiad didn't force you to buy their tickets. In fact, you can request (from your travel agent) or check directly from the airline BEFORE paying for your flights, the type of plane they use to, fro your trip and if you dont like it, buy from another airline.

I fail to see any ill treatment here.

2 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by xdos(m): 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
From the name i guess you work for them. Yea, I just saw Air Seychelles on ticket but the question is why would they send in scraps to Nigeria? If itz a one time thing then no issues but going by what the other passenger said about sending such planes when most passengers are Nigerians, then it's something to worry about.
ifyalways:
Sorry. Ethiad didn't force you to buy their tickets. In fact, you can request (from your travel agent) or check directly from the airline BEFORE paying for your flights, the type of plane they use to, fro your trip and if you dont like it, buy from another airline.

I fail to see any ill treatment here.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by soniaogbu(f): 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
I notice same with Emirate, flight from US to Dubai was great, but from Dubai to Nigeria, the WiFi was not working. Though not that but the difference is clear. Please can someone give me information about Turkish airline, Nigeria to US. Please is ulgent.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by ekoboy: 3:26am On Sep 17, 2016
which one be ill services here na. Coming from citizen of a country with no viable airline your statement is strange. You want to fly in A380? cheesy Hold your Nigerian airways, Arikair etc responsible and not Etihad airways. By the way Ethiopian airways Addis Ababa to New Delhi is Boeing 737, the same Arik air uses for Lagos to Abuja and the flight is 6.5hrs. No inflight entertainment, very poor leg room etc. My point is there are other poor international flights. All international flights no be A380 like planes, so take am easy grin

3 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by xdos(m): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2016
Bro, yea I quite agree that Nigeria does not have a viable airline and Arikair have very old planes. Ofcourse I won't fly ARIk on International trips especially when I have better options. I would have paid for ARik which is cheaper but for the sake of comfort and entertainment, I paid higher for Etihad. so I believe I should have value for my money. I mean this is like paying for DSTV and they end up giving you cheap local stations because there are non-Nigeria owned satellite stations.
ekoboy:
which one be ill services here na. Coming from citizen of a country with no viable airline your statement is strange. You want to fly in A380? cheesy Hold your Nigerian airways, Arikair etc responsible and not Etihad airways. By the way Ethiopian airways Addis Ababa to New Delhi is Boeing 737, the same Arik air uses for Lagos to Abuja and the flight is 6.5hrs. No inflight entertainment, very poor leg room etc. My point is there are other poor international flights. All international flights no be A380 like planes, so take am easy grin

1 Like

Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2016
xdos:
From the name i guess you work for them. Yea, I just saw Air Seychelles on ticket but the question is why would they send in scraps to Nigeria? If itz a one time thing then no issues but going by what the other passenger said about sending such planes when most passengers are Nigerians, then it's something to worry about.
No i dont work with or for Ethiad, I sell iced fish. cheesy

When Nigeria gets a national airline then just maybe you can qualify to call other airlines "scrap" Lol

2 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by apache77(m): 12:29am On Dec 20, 2016
I
ekoboy:

Lie from tbe pit of hell. Flight from bole to IGI is a dreamliner, 787.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by newmusic: 6:46am On Dec 20, 2016
Same with Rwanda airline, from Dubai to Kigali, nice plane but Kigali to Lagos na molue. It has to do with standard rules and regulations, I think some of these planes that land in Nigeria will not be allowed in some countries.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by ekoboy: 7:01am On Dec 20, 2016
apache77:
I

Lie from tbe pit of hell. Flight from bole to IGI is a dreamliner, 787.
Very strong words ma guy. Please take it easy. I am sure you did not read what I said so I will repeat myself.
Ethiopian airlines from Addis Ababa to Delhi is with Boeing 737 with no personal in-flight entertainment and unfortunately I have had to used it several times.

http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/ethiopian-airlines/
Please follow the link to see other customer's review and maybe realise who is lieing from pit of hell.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by Lucasbalo(m): 8:46am On Dec 20, 2016
xdos:
The only way for them to stop that suicidal mission is for Nigerians to stop patronizing the Ethiad Airlines. It's a matter of economics.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by ekoboy: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:
The only way for them to stop that suicidal mission is for Nigerians to stop patronizing the Ethiad Airlines. It's a matter of economics.
Sorry and patronise which airline? Arik? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by Lucasbalo(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2016
ekoboy:

Sorry and patronise which airline? Arik? cheesy
No, Emirates or other airlines that ply the same route.
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by Michoolu(m): 1:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
Funny thing is I was sharing this same concern with some colleagues at work few days ago and they were like that's not possible and the likes.

People are seeing this and its bitter. The planes that ply the Nigerian root are such they wont take to many other nations.

1 Like

Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by Michoolu(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
ifyalways:

No i dont work with or for Ethiad, I sell iced fish. cheesy

When Nigeria gets a national airline then just maybe you can qualify to call other airlines "scrap" Lol

We don't need to have our national carrier to complain. Even if we did everyone can't use them even if they are the best.

You say you sell iced fish for example. Does that mean because I don't have a cold room of ny own, you should sell me spoilt fish when I come to your store. I guess it doesn't work that way

3 Likes

Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by apache77(m): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
ekoboy:

Very strong words ma guy. Please take it easy. I am sure you did not read what I said so I will repeat myself.
Ethiopian airlines from Addis Ababa to Delhi is with Boeing 737 with no personal in-flight entertainment and unfortunately I have had to used it several times.

http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/ethiopian-airlines/
Please follow the link to see other customer's
review and maybe realise who is lieing from pit of hell.

I dnt care what u pull off the internet. Am talking what i have experienced severally..what i paid for and received. I dnt knw about reviews
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by ekoboy: 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
apache77:

I dnt care what u pull off the internet. Am talking what i have experienced severally
several times..what i paid for and received. I dnt knw about reviews
Used that route last mid-september with 737. Sorry when did you use it?
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by xdos(m): 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
This exactly is my point. Yet one is charged same amount with a better aircraft
Michoolu:

We don't need to have our national carrier to complain. Even if we did everyone can't use them even if they are the best.

You say you sell iced fish for example. Does that mean because I don't have a cold room of ny own, you should sell me spoilt fish when I come to your store. I guess it doesn't work that way
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by cue64: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
ok finally somebody saw this, i payed 1640dhs from abu dhabi to lagos only to be thrown into one dirty rickety air sychelles, when i complained the indian guy close to me told me, thats the way it is always, i no blame them sha nah my useless country i blame.....funny enough it happens in kenya airways aswell
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by ekoboy: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
cue64:
ok finally somebody saw this, i payed 1640dhs from abu dhabi to lagos only to be thrown into one dirty rickety air sychelles, when i complained the indian guy close to me told me, thats the way it is always, i no blame them sha nah my useless country i blame.....funny enough it happens in kenya airways aswell
Good, blame your country.
My problem with us as a country is that we feel this sense of entitlement when we have not done anything to deserve it. we want the best of everything yet we are not ready to work for it. SMH!
Re: Etihad Airways Ill Services To Nigerians by cue64: 12:03am On Dec 30, 2016
ekoboy:

Good, blame your country.
My problem with us as a country is that we feel this sense of entitlement when we have not done anything to deserve it. we want the best of everything yet we are not ready to work for it. SMH!
so wanting the best of what i paid for is now bad i guess? I had an alternative to pay 1100, buh i decided against that cos i wanted sumtin better, I'm not one to feel a sense of entitlements wen I've done nothing, all i want is just money's worth, if they don't do it do other nationals, then why should they do it to us??

(1) (Reply)

How Long It Takes To Process Belgium Visa / America Is One If Not The Best Place For Migration And High Rate Of Success / Take A Look At Famous International Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.