Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. (7746 Views)

Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? / When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

Reading the bible didn't mean I wasn't studying the Bible.
Stop the false assumption. That's bad reasoning.

Okay. Lets hear any Rhema you received studying any passage of the Bible when u were a Christian. Go on...
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by DeSepiero(m): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

Okay. Lets hear any Rhema you received studying any passage of the Bible when u were a Christian. Go on...

What's your motive?
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

I understand you but you're evading my question by poking holes in it. How am I wrong? By mentioning mistakenly? So Christians don't sin mistakenly (unknowingly) again?
Don't you mention that "God should forgive you sins you committed knowingly or unknowingly" in your prayers again? I believe you prayed for forgiveness in church today; if you attended. We're talking honesty here.

You probably just joined against me in my argument because I sounded pretty much like an unbeliever. In case you didn't know why I asked the question initially. " I was of the opinion that Christians are not exempted from the fear of death and hell. Since being a Christian isn't automatic passport to heaven". A Christian could still go to hell according to Christian beliefs if they default without repentance upon death.

So please spare me the endless teachings on Christian doctrines. I know 'em all.

You know doctrines, but don't know the Holy Spirit.

Well, i dont know what you mean by "The sins commit knowingly or unknowingly".

A believer who has the Bible and reads it, doesn't know what God forbids for his followers?

Anyone who prays such a prayer is someone who spends time in church hoping he will become a Christian.
The Bible is open before him, and the Holy Spirit is inside of him to convict him of sin, Yet he will commit an unknown sin? hahahahahaha.

How do you commit an unknown sin when there's a motive for every sin? pls...

Lol. Off course you sound like an unbeliever. Its only and unbeliever who will sound as u do.
But that's not why i joined in. Its the discourse that got me, not you.

Its actually what brought me in here. Any Christian who lives in fear of hell does not have assurance of salvation.

I think there's something we need to clear here.

There are some Christians who are ignorant of what salvation really is. They don't know that when their sins are forgiven, their sins are forgiven. They think God is like man who keeps record of past wrong doings.

Although they are saved but continue to live in guilt of who they were and what they did before getting saved.

Becos they lack the awareness that once forgiven, their sins no longer surface before God, so satan takes advantage of their ignorance and put them under bondage as long as it takes them to be aware.

What does it mean to blot? that's what the blood of Christ did to my sins, blot them out. No trace remaining. I have forgiven myself, knowing God has forgiven me, i dont live in guilt and self condemnation of who i was before being saved.

Do you mean attending Church is not a passport to heaven or being a Christian? I guess you don't know what it means to be a Christian. A Christian is someone who thrives to live the Life of Christ
not someone who attends church.

No one can be a Christian if he/she is not a born again and sanctified Christ follower.

Listen, Righteousness is not the absence of sin, but the DESPERATION TO PLEASE GOD. so being saved doesn't mean we don't fall.

Now, you said A Christian who falls into sin without repentance. Hmmmm, this is serious.
If only you know what you just said.

A believer, a spirit filled believer will sin and sit comfortable without repenting? If you have ever had the Holy Spirit inside of you, then because of your disobedience to his voice, he steps out from you for just a moment HAAAAAAA.
It's only those who have him in them that can understand what i am saying here. The restlessness? the emptiness? how disorganised you will be? You'll never concentrate to do anything right. You will ask for forgiveness as fast as you realize that you cant feel him. Its not as if he leaves you, he just keeps you quiet. hmmm.. Abeg oo.

Bros forget, its obvious u never encountered the Holy Ghost all through the time you were in Church.
Any Christian who is comfortable in that state has backslidden long ago. Without the Holy Spirit a Christian is shattered.

Am not afraid of dying, and hell doesn't scare me

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

What's your motive?
My motive is to show that you never studied the word of God. You merely read it. No one studies the word without coming out with a Rhema.

Yesterday i got one. I was happy the whole day like a won millions.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by DeSepiero(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

My motive is to show that you never studied the word of God. You merely read it. No one studies the word without coming out with a Rhema.

Yesterday i got one. I was happy the whole day like a won millions.

You've already formed your conclusion even before making your inquiry. That's being prejudiced and biased; bad for healthy arguments.

By the way, congrats on the rhema of yesterday.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by DeSepiero(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

You know doctrines, but don't know the Holy Spirit.

Well, i dont know what you mean by "The sins commit knowingly or unknowingly".

A believer who has the Bible and reads it, doesn't know what God forbids for his followers?

Anyone who prays such a prayer is someone who spends time in church hoping he will become a Christian.
The Bible is open before him, and the Holy Spirit is inside of him to convict him of sin, Yet he will commit an unknown sin? hahahahahaha.

How do you commit an unknown sin when there's a motive for every sin? pls...

Lol. Off course you sound like an unbeliever. Its only and unbeliever who will sound as u do.
But that's not why i joined in. Its the discourse that got me, not you.

Its actually what brought me in here. Any Christian who lives in fear of hell does not have assurance of salvation.

I think there's something we need to clear here.

There are some Christians who are ignorant of what salvation really is. They don't know that when their sins are forgiven, their sins are forgiven. They think God is like man who keeps record of past wrong doings.

Although they are saved but continue to live in guilt of who they were and what they did before getting saved.

Becos they lack the awareness that once forgiven, their sins no longer surface before God, so satan takes advantage of their ignorance and put them under bondage as long as it takes them to be aware.

What does it mean to blot? that's what the blood of Christ did to my sins, blot them out. No trace remaining. I have forgiven myself, knowing God has forgiven me, i dont live in guilt and self condemnation of who i was before being saved.

Do you mean attending Church is not a passport to heaven or being a Christian? I guess you don't know what it means to be a Christian. A Christian is someone who thrives to live the Life of Christ
not someone who attends church.

No one can be a Christian if he/she is not a born again and sanctified Christ follower.

Listen, Righteousness is not the absence of sin, but the DESPERATION TO PLEASE GOD. so being saved doesn't mean we don't fall.

Now, you said A Christian who falls into sin without repentance. Hmmmm, this is serious.
If only you know what you just said.

A believer, a spirit filled believer will sin and sit comfortable without repenting? If you have ever had the Holy Spirit inside of you, then because of your disobedience to his voice, he steps out from you for just a moment HAAAAAAA.
It's only those who have him in them that can understand what i am saying here. The restlessness? the emptiness? how disorganised you will be? You'll never concentrate to do anything right. You will ask for forgiveness as fast as you realize that you cant feel him. Its not as if he leaves you, he just keeps you quiet. hmmm.. Abeg oo.

Bros forget, its obvious u never encountered the Holy Ghost all through the time you were in Church.
Any Christian who is comfortable in that state has backslidden long ago. Without the Holy Spirit a Christian is shattered.

Am not afraid of dying, and hell doesn't scare me

More stories angry. I said I totally understood you, but again, you keep dodging my real question and that's not nice.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

More stories angry. I said I totally understood you, but again, you keep dodging my real question and that's not nice.
lols. okay, ask the question again.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

You've already formed your conclusion even before making your inquiry. That's being prejudiced and biased; bad for healthy arguments.

By the way, congrats on the rhema of yesterday.

It is me being able to proof you wrong nah. What if you received a rhema, what will i have to proof? So, up with just one revelational truth you got from a Scripture you studied.

And, thank you.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by DeSepiero(m): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

lols. okay, ask the question again.

A Christian sins and suddenly dies on the spot.
Where does he go? Heaven or Hell?
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

A Christian sins and suddenly dies on the spot. Where does he go? Heaven or Hell?
Create a scenario.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

Create a scenario.

kiss I am loving your analytical mind sis. For someone who once claimed to be a devoted ex believer and who knows everything in the scriptures he sure is asking some rather wrong questions. Lmao
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
4everGod:

kiss I am loving your analytical mind sis. For someone who once claimed to be a devoted ex believer and who knows everything in the scriptures he sure is asking some rather wrong questions. Lmao
Thank you sir. Am here waiting.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Ranchhoddas: 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

I have been hearing this all my life. What is Rhema?
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Breaking open the mystery behind the word of God.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Ranchhoddas: 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

Breaking open the mystery behind the word of God.
I am sure you appreciate how vague this sounds. Yes?
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Rhema means "Action of utterance". its a greek word and this translates to the in-depth revelations acting in the spoken Word. Its not vague. It is what separates other words from the Word of God and becomes so when it speaks personally and has a personal meaning to an individual in line with the perfect will of God in that word.and for that moment. Once you grasp this you can then apply the word with understanding when faced with such a situation again in future.

Hebrews 4: 12 declares

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am sure you appreciate how vague this sounds. Yes?

Rhema is a revelariinal truth or spiritual insight you get when u read a Scripture.

eg. The Word was made flesh and dwelled amongst men. when you get the revelation of this, you'll understand who Christ was and became.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Ranchhoddas: 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
4everGod:

Rhema means "Action of utterance". its a greek word and this translates to the in-depth revelations acting in the spoken Word. Its not vague. It is what separates other words from the Word of God and becomes so when it speaks personally and has a personal meaning to an individual in line with the perfect will of God in that word.and for that moment. Once you grasp this you can then apply the word with understanding when faced with such a situation again in future.

Hebrews 4: 12 declares

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

It's personal for everybody?
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Ranchhoddas: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

Rhema is a revelariinal truth or spiritual insight you get when u read a Scripture.

eg. The Word was made flesh and dwelled amongst men. when you get the revelation of this, you'll understand who Christ was and became.
If I understand you, you are saying that it's that thing that you accuse ''carnal people'' of not having.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by flamingREED(m): 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
Brethren let's refresh ourselves with this song:

Haldor Lillenas (1885-1959)

The Bible stands like a rock undaunted
’Mid the raging storms of time;
Its pages burn with the truth eternal,
And they glow with a light sublime.

Refrain

The Bible stands though the hills may tumble,
It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble;
I will plant my feet on its firm foundation,
For the Bible stands.

The Bible stands like a mountain towering
Far above the works of men;
Its truth by none ever was refuted,
And destroy it they never can.

Refrain

The Bible stands and it will forever,
When the world has passed away;
By inspiration it has been given,
All its precepts I will obey.

Refrain

The Bible stands every test we give it,
For its author is divine;
By grace alone I expect to live it,
And to prove and to make it mine.

smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by DeSepiero(m): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

Create a scenario.

Don't bother dear
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's personal for everybody?

It is personal to the situation and purpose you sought the Word in the first place.

One line of Gods word is capable of handling 100 different situations as its dynamic enough to reveal itself through that word for the sake of the one who needs it.

This is not saying that the word can be translated as it pleases anyone so they can selfishly ascribe it to a situation...no! All must match the will and purpose of God otherwise the word is useless to the user.

Rhema resounds from the place of the Holy Spirit as He takes from God and reveals to us and teaches us all we seek to know so without the Holy spirit there can be absolutely no Rhema of the Word of God.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by flamingREED(m): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
Caution:

Whoever quotes these verses of the Bible to contradict them shall have himself to blame,

God willing: Amen.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John 3
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Ezekiel 18
24 But WHEN THE RIGHTEOUS TURNETH AWAY FROM HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND COMMITTETH INIQUITY, AND DOETH ACCORDING TO ALL THE ABOMINATIONS THAT THE WICKED MAN DOETH, SHALL HE LIVE? ALL HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT HE HATH DONE SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

1 John 2
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 3
6 WHOSOEVER ABIDETH IN HIM SINNETH NOT: WHOSOEVER SINNETH HATH NOT SEEN HIM, NEITHER KNOWN HIM.

Romans 6
22 BUT NOW BEING MADE FREE FROM SIN, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 4
17 HEREIN IS OUR LOVE MADE PERFECT, THAT WE MAY HAVE BOLDNESS IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 THERE IS NO FEAR IN LOVE; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. HE THAT FEARETH IS NOT MADE PERFECT IN LOVE.

Isaiah 33
14 THE SINNERS IN ZION ARE AFRAID; FEARFULNESS HATH SURPRISED THE HYPOCRITES. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Revelation 21
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving (eg Seun) and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by analice107: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

Don't bother dear

No nah, lets analyze this scenario. How person go commit sin now now die? i for like make we talk am.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by orisa37: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
Go to South Africa and get a BSc in Witchcraft to consolidate your new experience.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by orisa37: 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
You should be quarantined.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by flamingREED(m): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Though I hate to make such stray threads as this long,

I must show my satisfaction with the wit and cogency of the servants of our Lord Jesus.

You guys are too much:

ENJOY

1 Like

Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
flamingREED:
Though I hate to make such stray threads as this long,

I must show my satisfaction with the wit and cogency of the servants of our Lord Jesus.

You guys are too much:

ENJOY

That meal is tempting...thank God man isn't fasting now. Pass me a spoon.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by DeSepiero(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
analice107:

No nah, lets analyze this scenario. How person go commit sin now now die? i for like make we talk am.
Let me avoid hate arguments. It seems you don't want to understand my point. You just want to rubbish whatever I try to say.
Now you'd likely say that one can't die in an act of sin. angry
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by Ranchhoddas: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
4everGod:

It is personal to the situation and purpose you sought the Word in the first place.

One line of Gods word is capable of handling 100 different situations as its dynamic enough to reveal itself through that word for the sake of the one who needs it.

This is not saying that the word can be translated as it pleases anyone so they can selfishly ascribe it to a situation...no! All must match the will and purpose of God otherwise the word is useless to the user.

Rhema resounds from the place of the Holy Spirit as He takes from God and reveals to us and teaches us all we seek to know so without the Holy spirit there can be absolutely no Rhema of the Word of God.
Okay. Let me pretend I understand.
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by malvisguy212: 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

Now that you've agreed that 'yes' a Christian can sin, if he doesn't repent and suddenly dies where does he go?
Heaven or hell?
the devil that deed this to you is very strong, see how confuse you are, I really love this thread, So atheist don't understand the teaching of christianity, very Good. How can someone sin, die in the sin and still make heaven ? Isn't sin is what hinder you into heaven ?
Re: I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. by flamingREED(m): 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
4everGod:

That meal is tempting...thank God man isn't fasting now. Pass me a spoon.

Haha. It's there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest / Will Only Hundred And Forty Four (144) Go To Heaven? / Bishop Ignatius Kaigama Feeds 991 Inmates In Jos Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.