Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production (22384 Views)

Trials Of #china's Fastest Sky Train Begin In Eastern Shandong Province. / Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. / Obama Backs $400m Plan To Begin Testing Of 5G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Obamaofusa: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Jeremy Binnie, Pretoria - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
16 September 2016

Nigerian armoured vehicle manufacturer Proforce is about to begin producing the prototypes of the Ara ('Thunder') mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle that it has developed for the Nigerian Army with DICON, the state-owned defence industry corporation.

Proforce's Ayobami Omotoriogun told IHS Jane's at the Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) show held in South Africa on 14-18 September that the company has the steel and glass to begin making the three prototypes of the Ara.

He said the first should be delivered in December, at which point the Nigerian Army will begin testing the vehicle. While some adjustments may be made to the design based on the army's feedback, he expects production to begin on the nine vehicles it has initially ordered early next year and added that the jigs are already in place.

http://www.janes.com/article/63898/aad-2016-proforce-ready-to-begin-ara-mrap-production

Production of the Nigerian Army's initial order of nine Ara MRAPs is expected to begin in early 2017. (Proforce

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Obamaofusa: 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
This is good for Africa.Learning to do it yourselves.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Ofemannnu: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
This is good.Wait! where is proforce sourcing its forex from.Have not heard that they are shutting down like Innoson Motors.There must be some trick to this.
The name is superb 'ARA' Thunder....hhhmmm
This is whorthy of front page.Nigeria is showcasing its ingenuinity in the area of producing war equipments at the ongoing AAD.Bravo
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Make una come see thunder.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by nototribalist: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2016
Story for the gods. Over here is always set to , ready to , planning to, no more we've been doing this or that.

6 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Gamesound(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2016
Now That's A Good One, Atleast I've Heard One Good News 2day. Imagine When The Fg Supports Proforce And Innoson Motors, All I See Is Job Creation, Improved Technology And Economy Boost. It's High Time Others Depend On Us For Cars And Armoury. Let's Export Naija To Grow The Economy

28 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by CriticMaestro: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2016
My Bugatti

2 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by casttlebarbz(m): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2016
Up

1 Like

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by obontami: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2016
at least having sex inside it . One is surely assured his Saved from rebels attack even when one is at war front . grin

7 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Samiceman: 8:15am On Sep 17, 2016
Chai Buhari.... grin
Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by MbaanabaraAgu(m): 8:15am On Sep 17, 2016
Ofemannnu:
This is good.Wait! where is proforce sourcing its forex from.Have not heard that they are shutting down like Innoson Motors.There must be some trick to this.
The name is superb 'ARA' Thunder....hhhmmm
This is whorthy of front page.Nigeria is showcasing its ingenuinity in the area of producing war equipments at the ongoing AAD.Bravo
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Make una come see thunder.
Shutting down like Innoson? Where did you get that news from? From Lagos-Ibadan expressway press abi?

18 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by baker91: 8:15am On Sep 17, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Thisis2raw(m): 8:16am On Sep 17, 2016
I like his type of news. But I hardly believe any news under this administration
Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Techwriter: 8:17am On Sep 17, 2016
In a time of recession, when people are struggling to eat, the first manufacturing initiative the government is bringing is a military technology to counter Biafra and NDA in case of a possible uprising. I finally give up believing in the future of this government.

2 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Nkem4040: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Abbeyme: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Nkem4040: 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
I have not seen any envy or jealousy from Biafrrans over Proforce company. That's who we are...we don't envy people, we don't measure ourselves with other people and neither do we dickk throat with others; what God has given you, its yours! However if this were Innoson or some Biaffran inventions, Afonja in its congenital envious mind and self-loathing spirit will rear their ugly heads railing insults and all manner of deceptive language to undermine it.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by favourmic(m): 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Can somebody shout APC............ Chan....

2 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Daniel058(m): 8:21am On Sep 17, 2016
Go man.. Big up

1 Like

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by waylz(m): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2016
Good news for Nigeria. Have been to their Head Office once in Victoria Island when I was job hunting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by mrvitalis(m): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2016
Techwriter:
In a time of recession, when people are struggling to eat, the first manufacturing initiative the government is bringing is a military technology
to counter Biafra and NDA in case of a possible uprising. I finally give up believing in the future of this government.
U never believed in this government stop acting like u did

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by hotspec(m): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2016
if industries like this could be supported by our CLUELESS govt, it will surely give life to our MALARIA INFECTED economy. I wish our stealing politicians could be investing all their loots in indigenous companies like this rather than buying luxury homes in Dubai, US ....

6 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Ofemannnu: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2016
MbaanabaraAgu:

Shutting down like Innoson? Where did you get that news from? From Lagos-Ibadan expressway press abi?

NA BBC-REUTERS EXPRESSWAY PROPAGANDA grin

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/09/Forex-crisis--Innoson-Motors-shuts-down-production/

3 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Laredojohn(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice one...proforce isn't this Administrations achievements, it was commissioned during Obasanjo/ Jonathan Era, it's a fully privately owned firm, similar to Bemil, who also makes armored vehicles, the previous Govt. Supported them wholeheartedly, no one should give APC credit for this.

4 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Samtob90(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2016
Techwriter:
In a time of recession, when people are struggling to eat, the first manufacturing initiative the government is bringing is a military technology to counter Biafra and NDA in case of a possible uprising. I finally give up believing in the future of this government.

Suicide is a good option

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2016
I will think about it
Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 17, 2016
Techwriter:
so beccause we are in. reccession. u expect soldiers to walk bare footed to battles.... who told u it's for biafra? why playing d victims card always? proforce has been in Nigeria for long and it wasn't d initiative of the government.

9 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by bsideboii(m): 8:31am On Sep 17, 2016
Finally, some good news hits FP.

Naija shall be great again.

2 Likes

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by vikkeee(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2016
Good initiative

1 Like

Re: AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production by seunny4lif(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2016
Nice one
Not all those Hixus shocked shocked shocked
One bullet don kill all the Men on board of Hixus

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? / Physicist, Stephen Hawkins Is Dead / Easy Way To Unblock Your Sim Card Without Using“puk Code.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.