Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast (11167 Views)

Work Commences On Federal Roads In Imo -as Minister Of Works Visits Okorocha / Fayose To Fix Federal Government Road In Ekiti State (photos) / Fix Federal Roads In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Beg Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by chumaster(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
The Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) has decried the deplorable state of federal roads in Nigeria’s southeast region.

The NUJ calls on the Federal Government and governors of the five states in the region to as a matter of urgency, declare a state of emergency on the roads.

The National Vice Chairman of the union, Zone C, Chris Isiguzo, made the call on Friday at a meeting with the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, at the Government House in Owerri, the state’s capital.

Speaking in company of the NUJ executive members of Zone C, Mr Isiguzo described all the federal roads in the southeast as a ‘death trap’.
He identified the Owerri-Okigwe Road, Onitsha- Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, Aba-Ikot-Ekpene-Uyo Expressway and Owerri-Port Harcourt Road among others as some of the important roads in the region.

The NUJ executive urged the Federal Government in collaboration with the governors to find a solution to the problem, so as to make life easier for the people of the south-east.
He also asked the governors to tackle the continuous attacks on the people of the region by suspected herdsmen.

In his response, Governor Okorocha blamed the road dilapidation in the region on previous governments, saying there were neglected.
However, he promised to call on his colleagues to see how most of the issues raised would be tackled headlong.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/2016/09/16/nuj-asks-fg-states-urgently-fix-federal-roads-southeast/

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by omusiliyu(m): 7:30am On Sep 17, 2016
Ebele Azikiwe rehabilitated all the federal, state and local roads in South east, in fact he initiated the construction of 2nd Niger bridge.

Umu'igbo can testify to that.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by brainpulse: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2016
Which one again? The same road fixed by their useless, clueless son Egbere Jonathan. Nonsense

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by ajigiteri(m): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
South east, my south eastern brothers are not only confused but unconscious, today they say the want Biafra tomorrow they cry of being marginalized. I intentionally served in the east to know their way of life. The are the most disunited tribe on earth, igbos don't trust their next neighbor, that's why you will notice individual fencing around every building even if the building is two rooms BQ. Their tradition and belief support that every house must have an "OBI" this is like a small palace. If every man is a king in a small village how would they obey and listen to the real king of that village. Every nukes and crannies in the east you will see the inscription "autonomous community" meaning that they are not under the authority of anyone. As we speak there are more APC supporters in the east most especially Imo state than the so called PDP I worked as inec Officer in one of the elections people trooped out to vote for APC. Their indeginous APGA is as dead as the founder. There's nothing like respect to the elders in the east, as we speak there's no single political leader that the east can boast of unlike other regions like the north and southwest. No presidential material, no united ethnic group today you hear of iPod, Massob and so on. Outside their southeast, they are more distumited, after meeting of Igbo people in a particular street in Lagos, then another meeting of people that come from same local government in the east, then you see another meeting of people from same village and so on. I took time to ask old people about the origin of Igbo people they have different stories to tell. They can't even mention the name of their forefather just as Hausa history can lay claim to BABAYIDA and Yoruba ODUDUWA. Some of them claim that they are from Israel I wonder how they cross the Red Sea. I don't hate ibos an ibos man chidiebere is my best friend but I just think in my opinion if this wonderful, innovative and industrious tribe can come together they can rule world.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
GEJ should come and fix it for them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by nony43(m): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
When Fayose was screaming that Igbos are endangered in this country only few people listened. Anyway I b omo Igbo but the kind love way I get for Fayose fire service no fit quench am, Rochas is still blaming the previous governments? I give up

10 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by apholaryn: 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
ok na
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Kingstaplus(m): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
We are not interested
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Firefire(m): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2016
Very useless set of governors...

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 17, 2016
I cry for my country

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Qunlexus4u(m): 7:32am On Sep 17, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by jeeqaa7(m): 7:32am On Sep 17, 2016
with which ear buhari wan hear dat one... the doctored ears?

3 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by dunkem21(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Fix 5% roads .. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Jaideyone(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2016
I'm still wondering what Jonathan did in the south east that made them love him so much. during his regime I used to travel from calabar to Owerri every month and I can boldly tell you that Ikot ekpene to umuhiaha road is the worst road in the country!!! sometimes I'll take a detour from Owerri to port Harcourt to spend a day or two with a friend at air force base in PH before going back to calabar. pH-Owerri road is horrible too.

anyone who has never been to the south east would think that the roads there must have been paved with Gold by Jonathan with the level of support he gets from them. it's a shame he couldn't even deliver one single federal road to them.
My south east brothers need to forget sentiments and accept the fact. Jonathan is a failure!!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:33am On Sep 17, 2016
But GEJ fixed all the roads right?

12 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Icecomrade: 7:33am On Sep 17, 2016
South East did not vote Buhari and they want him to fix their roads. How nah?

He made himself categorically clear that he will focus attention on zones that gave him majority vote.

Why ask.
People think Buhari is GEJ. He is not weak.

When you he say something, be rest assured that he will do it. Whether good or bad stuff.

That's why people's voted him

16 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by mysticjack95(m): 7:34am On Sep 17, 2016
everything will surely be blamed on the previous government..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Springup: 7:34am On Sep 17, 2016
This is a serious matter

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by laurel03(m): 7:34am On Sep 17, 2016
I think the last govt fixed all thier road...Pmb dont ans them because they will still blame u if u fix it.... #south erosion dont need federal govt as they always brag.. Biafra govt we fix it

9 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Springup: 7:35am On Sep 17, 2016
Firefire:
Very useless set of governors...
There is no federal presence in SouthEast

5 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by SharkTank(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2016
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by laurel03(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2016
brainpulse:
Which one again? The same road fixed by their useless, clueless son Egbere Jonathan. Nonsense
Dont mind them... If i be pmb i will face south south and leave south erosion zone...

11 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by ANBAKO: 7:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Not only in south east oooo....all over Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by melodyirish(m): 7:40am On Sep 17, 2016
How can he do d road for the 5%, GEJ Era he carried everybody along, perform more for d ppl who don't even vote him. because hour is father of all

2 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by waternogetenemy: 7:41am On Sep 17, 2016
Was this Y Buhari invited them?

The brown envelop has started talking.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Gozzzy(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2016
brainpulse:
, it pays to think before talking, not after talking!!!! Igbos supported GEJ, not cos he did anything for us, but cos he is a Southerner!!!!! GEJ did absolutely NOTHING for South East, we just don't have the mind to betray Fellow Southerners, no matter the Southern Zone the person is from... unlike the treacherous afonjass that will not only betray southerners, but will also betray themselves!!! South East has always been shortchanged by the Nigerian government since time immemorial, that's why we keep saying we wanna leave!!!! So, if ur brain isn't functional yet, why not shut the hole in ur face, till it is!!!!

25 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Jaideyone(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2016
AnusOdourInhaler:
But GEJ fixed all the roads right?
yes he did. on paper

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Pavore9: 7:43am On Sep 17, 2016
omusiliyu:
Ebele Azikiwe rehabilitated all the federal, state and local roads in South east, in fact he initiated the construction of 2nd Niger bridge.

Umu'igbo can testify to that.

I can not testify to that, why should l bear false witness!

2 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by waternogetenemy: 7:43am On Sep 17, 2016
Icecomrade:
South East did not vote Buhari and they want him to fix their roads. How nah?

He made itself categorically clear that he will focus attention on zones that gave him majority vote.

Why ask.
People think Buhari is GEJ. He is not weak.

When you he say something be assured he will do it. Whether good or be stuff
That's why people's voted him

People like u are the reasons we have guns and bomb on earth, ur reasoning dey like fowl yansh.

U still going to cry wen they say go and form ur own country, so they can have Biafra.

Sicketus!

6 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by steppin: 7:43am On Sep 17, 2016
About time.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by sulsak(m): 7:44am On Sep 17, 2016
we shall geh dere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grass-Cutting Scandal: Senate Panel Writes CBN, Demands SGF Firm's BVNs / NBC Act: Regulate All Online Broadcasters Including Twitter – Lai Mohammed / Wike Drowning, His Ambition Impeding PDP Candidates In Rivers — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.