Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast (11170 Views)

Work Commences On Federal Roads In Imo -as Minister Of Works Visits Okorocha / Fayose To Fix Federal Government Road In Ekiti State (photos) / Fix Federal Roads In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Beg Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Oblang(m): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2016
waternogetenemy:

GEJ left office since Feb 2015, this is Oct 2016 heading to 2017, yet u are still holding him after u forced him out of Office before he finished his projects.

Ndiigbo dont share in Afonja(Yoruba) hatred for GEJ, he did nothing wrong to us.

GEJ being our President is not a crime, save ur hate lectures 4 ur fellow yorubas. We can never hate GEJ.

The same goes 4 all u Zombies mentioning GEJ name here.

U will start making sense when u realize nobody hated the person of gej or his tribe but rather his style of governance...

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Oblang(m): 8:51am On Sep 17, 2016
ofeoil:
I blame Buhari 4 the state of Federal roads in the SE? If Buhari is not capable, let him vacate the Office. I will still blame the next person to take office after him

But u hail Jonathan for the state of the road Abi...

2 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2016
MzPecs:

I hope you're okay?

Lol no mind am cheesy
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Anabel(f): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2016
I thought they were fixing these roads already some years back??
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Icecomrade:
South East did not vote Buhari and they want him to fix their roads. How nah?

He made itself categorically clear that he will focus attention on zones that gave him majority vote.

Why ask.
People think Buhari is GEJ. He is not weak.

When you he say something be assured he will do it. Whether good or bad stuff.

That's why people's voted him

in democracy you can't get 100% vote from all the people but you govern all the people..federal system in which Nigeria operate States that every section of the country must be taken care of by FG but reverse is the case

nepotism and tribalism is what has never allow Nigeria to grow

4 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Miranda11: 9:37am On Sep 17, 2016
Yes it's true that igbos are not United and Buhari hardly got any votes from them but at the end of the day the South east is still part of Nigeria and the FG is mandated to take care of all Federal roads, the Owe-Port Expressway is an eye sore especially from Umuagwo to the boundary of Rivers which Amaechi did, let's not even talk of the Port- Aba Expressway way which is even worst and had been so for some years now and d FG doesn't seem to be bothered Or even bat an eye.

Fashola announced dat the FG had earmarked some billions for repair of Fed roads, so our SE Govs shld rally together and present themselves as a united front to get the FG to repair the roads after all that's why we voted them there in the first place and not to do talking without action.

2 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by flokii: 9:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Gozzzy:
, it pays to think before talking, not after talking!!!! Igbos supported GEJ, not cos he did anything for us, but cos he is a Southerner!!!!! GEJ did absolutely NOTHING for South East, we just don't have the mind to betray Fellow Southerners, no matter the Southern Zone the person is from... unlike the treacherous afonjass that will not only betray southerners, but will also betray themselves!!! South East has always been shortchanged by the Nigerian government since time immemorial, that's why we keep saying we wanna leave!!!! So, if ur brain isn't functional yet, why not shut the hole in ur face, till it is!!!!

Just see how you pple reason.. you call that betrayal?
Someone who did nothing for your region for good six years.. I'm so disappointed in you honestly.

Take this from me.. you guys in SS & SE will be d poorest in d whole of Africa if atal biafr... comes due to support for corruption and failure. shebi d yorubas you ove to blame wnt be in d picture anylonger

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2016
ajigiteri:
South east, my south eastern brothers are not only confused but unconscious, today they say the want Biafra tomorrow they cry of being marginalized. I intentionally served in the east to know their way of life. The are the most disunited tribe on earth, igbos don't trust their next neighbor, that's why you will notice individual fencing around every building even if the building is two rooms BQ. Their tradition and belief support that every house must have an "OBI" this is like a small palace. If every man is a king in a small village how would they obey and listen to the real king of that village. Every nukes and crannies in the east you will see the inscription "autonomous community" meaning that they are not under the authority of anyone. As we speak there are more APC supporters in the east most especially Imo state than the so called PDP I worked as inec Officer in one of the elections people trooped out to vote for APC. Their indeginous APGA is as dead as the founder. There's nothing like respect to the elders in the east, as we speak there's no single political leader that the east can boast of unlike other regions like the north and southwest. No presidential material, no united ethnic group today you hear of iPod, Massob and so on. Outside their southeast, they are more distumited, after meeting of Igbo people in a particular street in Lagos, then another meeting of people that come from same local government in the east, then you see another meeting of people from same village and so on. I took time to ask old people about the origin of Igbo people they have different stories to tell. They can't even mention the name of their forefather just as Hausa history can lay claim to BABAYIDA and Yoruba ODUDUWA. Some of them claim that they are from Israel I wonder how they cross the Red Sea. I don't hate ibos an ibos man chidiebere is my best friend but I just think in my opinion if this wonderful, innovative and industrious tribe can come together they can rule world.

if you have a little knowledge about history of Nigeria igbos were not under the authority of anyone during the advent of colonial masters even the white people find it difficult to believe how a whole tribe without a figure head were able to conduct their bizs and stay at peace

igbos has been democratic in nature and dont think as you were born yesterday you can just come and change it...every tribe got its unique gift from God while that of igbos are like hunters which is evidence with their industrious nature hence 90% of their youths are self employed and in that does not need end of the month before he puts food on the table

i don't wanna talk about biafra for now but as soon as restructuring is implemented where every region will have to work and utilise their resources...hehehehe..come and see south East will be a place to watch

just don't worry yourself the way you see igbos..God has a reason for everything. ....the govt which has been favouring other tribes can no longer sustain it with the current recession

3 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by 9japride(m): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2016
Icecomrade:
South East did not vote Buhari and they want him to fix their roads. How nah?

He made itself categorically clear that he will focus attention on zones that gave him majority vote.

Why ask.
People think Buhari is GEJ. He is not weak.

When you he say something be assured he will do it. Whether good or bad stuff.

That's why people's voted him
[color=#006600][/color]

Election is not war, winners should accommodate everyone. U don't expect everyone to like u. If Buhari feels easterners are not worth any developments, that's good because one day we will all remind everyone on how things went down. Tomorrow u'll want to lead Nigeria with this ur messed up and archaic reasoning. We Nigerians as a people are still primitive in our attitudes thats why nothing works in this country. Bad belle politics na our style. Well done

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by striker9(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2016
flokii:

Just see how you pple reason.. you call that betrayal?
Someone who did nothing for your region for good six years.. I'm so disappointed in you honestly.

Take this from me.. you guys in SS & SE will be d poorest in d whole of Africa if atal biafr... comes due to support for corruption and failure. shebi d yorubas you ove to blame wnt be in d picture anylonger
My brother I still can't phantom how some people reason, when the whole of SW voted for GEJ there was no problem o but when they did otherwise na war...

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Charly68: 10:08am On Sep 17, 2016
brainpulse:
Which one again? The same road fixed by their useless, clueless son Egbere Jonathan. Nonsense
I think they should have written to PGEJ instead of a man they didn't vote for. In any case the Baba is impartial,he will answer them.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by flokii: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2016
striker9:
My brother I still can't phantom how some people reason, when the whole of SW voted for GEJ there was no problem o but when they did otherwise na war...

that's d major reason why it would be difficult to see an igbo president or even VP in this country.. "Politics of hate" they keep playing and they expect yorubas to do same which is impossible.

They dnt av any political figure or party capable in Nigerian politics, yet you see them bashing Tinubu everywhere on NL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by shamecurls(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2016
[b]
ajigiteri:
South east, my south eastern brothers are not only confused but unconscious, today they say the want Biafra tomorrow they cry of being marginalized. I intentionally served in the east to know their way of life. The are the most disunited tribe on earth, igbos don't trust their next neighbor, that's why you will notice individual fencing around every building even if the building is two rooms BQ. Their tradition and belief support that every house must have an "OBI" this is like a small palace. If every man is a king in a small village how would they obey and listen to the real king of that village. Every nukes and crannies in the east you will see the inscription "autonomous community" meaning that they are not under the authority of anyone. As we speak there are more APC supporters in the east most especially Imo state than the so called PDP I worked as inec Officer in one of the elections people trooped out to vote for APC. Their indeginous APGA is as dead as the founder. There's nothing like respect to the elders in the east, as we speak there's no single political leader that the east can boast of unlike other regions like the north and southwest. No presidential material, no united ethnic group today you hear of iPod, Massob and so on. Outside their southeast, they are more distumited, after meeting of Igbo people in a particular street in Lagos, then another meeting of people that come from same local government in the east, then you see another meeting of people from same village and so on. I took time to ask old people about the origin of Igbo people they have different stories to tell. They can't even mention the name of their forefather just as Hausa history can lay claim to BABAYIDA and Yoruba ODUDUWA. Some of them claim that they are from Israel I wonder how they cross the Red Sea. I don't hate ibos an ibos man chidiebere is my best friend but I just think in my opinion if this wonderful, innovative and industrious tribe can come together they can rule world.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by mypayne(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2016
The reason why igbos supported Goodluck is because it is only igbos in Nigeria that knows the secrets of development from start to fruition. you yorubas will understand this after 2019. I rest my case.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by shamecurls(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2016
What's the use of developing a 5% abode that's of no use and valueless?

The Federal government should channel such funds to the Niger-Delta that is of most value. Why spend on where u actually can get nothing but hate from
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Icecomrade: 10:26am On Sep 17, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Election is not war, winners should accommodate everyone. U don't expect everyone to like u. If Buhari feels easterners are not worth any developments, that's good because one day we will all remind everyone on how things went down. Tomorrow u'll want to lead Nigeria with this ur messed up and archaic reasoning. We Nigerians as a people are still primitive in our attitudes thats why nothing works in this country. Bad belle politics na our style. Well done

Toh

How else do I explain the abject abandonment of the South East by this government.

People needs to get used to Buhari's antagonism and move on.
I don't expect anything from anyone who has expressly told me not to.
The best approach is to zero the mind. Groaning about it will only give him more satisfaction.

Just move on, the guy won't be there forever
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by dadabashua1(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2016
smiley
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Icecomrade: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

People don't like the truth. The reality is that Nigerians have very shallow mind and brain. We don't hold people accountable for the things they said or did. Our memories are shortlived.

The easterners can never be united in any cause. 2019 you will still see them jumping around for APC and Buhari.
So forget about reminding anybody anything

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Icecomrade: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2016
waternogetenemy:

People like u are the reasons we have guns and bomb on earth, ur reasoning dey like fowl yansh.

U still going to cry wen they say go and form ur own country, so they can have Biafra.

Sicketus!

The abuse and rant has not changed and will not change anything.
Focus your energy in mentoring people to hold their leaders 2morrow for their actions and inactions
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by 9japride(m): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2016
Icecomrade:

Toh

How else do I explain the abject abandonment of the South East by this government.

People needs to get used to Buhari's antagonism and move on.
I don't expect anything from anyone who has expressly told me not to.
The best approach is to zero the mind. Groaning about it will only give him more satisfaction.

Just move on, the guy won't be there forever
[color=#006600][/color]

Yea that's the truth. Me I don't expect him to change. People hardly change from their inborn characters. I thank God for Internet it will always remind people of how things were run previously. Most people are keeping quiet because south easterners are crying. I laugh, nothing last for ever it's only God that's owns one'a life and future. South east will b great
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by 9japride(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Icecomrade:

People don't like the truth. The reality is that Nigerians have very shallow mind and brain. We don't hold people accountable for the things they said or did. Our memories are shortlived.

The easterners can never be united in any cause. 2019 you will still see them jumping around for APC and Buhari.
So forget about reminding anybody anything
[color=#006600][/color]

Yea u are right. I believe it's very good people learn from experience. I doubt if history is being taught in our school these days, I beieve it's a deliberate act to hide the truth and a lot of happenings in this country. I pray we all mature
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Icecomrade: 10:58am On Sep 17, 2016
ajigiteri:

I totally agree with you. I am an Easterner and it's what hurts me most about us. I grew up in the north and their unity is no match to anywhere.

Just mention one prominent person that speaks and people listen.

Many won't agree with you but I do

3 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Alcatraz003: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2016
I thank God for being yoruba otherwise i would have been so dejected being igbo seeing the way they suffer in Nigeria.

The solution to the underdevelopment of the South East can only be remedied by igbos themselves. The best igbo brains live and settle in yoruba land and have an inordinate ambition to conquer yoruba land from within. How possible is that? Today we have millions of xenophobic yoruba youths who will kill to preserve the cultural and social tradition of the yorubas.

The igbos simply need to go back home and rebuild the damned place and not turn themselves to slaves in Nigeria, only then would the much vaunted biafra come to frution.

The future leaders of yoruba land know that you hate their tribe and you are economic migrants who have imperialistic ambitions.

2 Likes

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Icecomrade: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Yea u are right. I believe it's very good people learn from experience. I doubt if history is being taught in our school these days, I beieve it's a deliberate act to hide the truth and a lot of happenings in this country. I pray we all mature

Bros
History not been taught has no bearing and will have no bearing on our attitude for tomorrow.
Did you do history in school back then?

I did o.
They gave us an adulterated history. Teach what they want us to know.

I grew seeing men like Tafawa balewa, Awolowo, Shehu Shagari as heroes,
Ojukwu as a traitor and bad guy.

Thanks to Google and YouTube, all that is has erased now.

Forget their history subject

1 Like

Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by chernest2002: 11:08am On Sep 17, 2016
ajigiteri:

say what you know.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by 9japride(m): 11:10am On Sep 17, 2016
Icecomrade:

Bros
History not been taught has no bearing and will have no bearing on our attitude for tomorrow.
Did you do history in school back then?

I did o.
They gave us an adulterated history. Teach what they want us to know.

I grew seeing men like Tafawa balewa, Awolowo, Shehu Shagari as heroes,
Ojukwu as a traitor and bad guy.

Thanks to Google and YouTube, all that is has erased now.

Forget their history subject

[color=#006600][/color]

grin it's a pity. Our system is so messed up. Ojukwu believed in the protection and progress of easterners though things didn't turn out well due to our oppressive society. I prefer Ojukwu to Azikiwe and that's d stands of most true easterners
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by 9japride(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2016
carmag:

if you have a little knowledge about history of Nigeria igbos were not under the authority of anyone during the advent of colonial masters even the white people find it difficult to believe how a whole tribe without a figure head were able to conduct their bizs and stay at peace

igbos has been democratic in nature and dont think as you were born yesterday you can just come and change it...every tribe got its unique gift from God while that of igbos are like hunters which is evidence with their industrious nature hence 90% of their youths are self employed and in that does not need end of the month before he puts food on the table

i don't wanna talk about biafra for now but as soon as restructuring is implemented where every region will have to work and utilise their resources...hehehehe..come and see south East will be a place to watch

just don't worry yourself the way you see igbos..God has a reason for everything. ....the govt which has been favouring other tribes can no longer sustain it with the current recession
[color=#006600][/color]

U are on point. Our system of politics has a way of depriving development in any zone due to bad belle politics
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by uzuede4(f): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Jaideyone:
yes he did. on paper
U bad.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Abagworo(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2016
ajigiteri:

Your observations are on point about Ndigbo but it has nothing to do with the state of our roads. Many communities actually constructed their roads without government. In fact the Imo Airport was built by the people and not government.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by uzuede4(f): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2016
Pavore9:

I can not testify to that, why should l bear false witness!
My dear tell am. Him no know wetin im dey talk.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 17, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

grin it's a pity. Our system is so messed up. Ojukwu believed in the protection and progress of easterners though things didn't turn out well due to our oppressive society. I prefer Ojukwu to Azikiwe and that's d stands of most true easterners
my thoughts exactly.leaders in the mold of azikiwe,aguiyi,Rocha's,ngige and orji kalu are not Igbo state-men they wouldn't ever bring about anything tangible to our region but rather,go about selling us out to just further their national political ambition.Tribalism is a detrimental but indispensable part of Nigeria-that is why I don't see atiku being President any time soon the guy isn't as ethnically biased as our current President.we need men who speak for us first and foremost.
Re: NUJ Asks FG, States To Urgently Fix Federal Roads In Southeast by 9japride(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
eduj:

my thoughts exactly.leaders in the mold of azikiwe,aguiyi,Rocha's,ngige and orji kalu are not Igbo state-men they wouldn't ever bring about anything tangible to our region but rather,go about selling us out to just further their national political ambition.Tribalism is a detrimental but indispensable part of Nigeria-that is why I don't see atiku being President any time soon the guy isn't as ethnically biased as our current President.we need men who speak for us first and foremost.
[color=#000099][/color]

Those igbo leaders u mentioned will sacrificed the progress of eastern zones for d political benefits they can get as a result for their support for one Nigeria. Atiku is a Nigerian that is not a religious bigot. Though his past dealings with OBJ on how they ran Nigeria may set him back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home / Sanwo-olu Sponsored APC Chieftains To Nations Cup With N470m - PDP / Cross Rivers Lawmakers Attempted To Mislead The Court - High Court Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.