Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu (3315 Views)

The Problem Of Nigeria Football By Sunday Oliseh / Response To The Hate Speech On Football By Ann Coulter / Reasons INDIAN Was Banned From Football By Fifa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by blkmum700: 4:44am On Oct 10, 2009
With the stark reality that coach Shaibu Amodu may line out his wobbling Eagles against a motivated Mozambique side before a scanty crowd at the Abuja National Stadium tomorrow, he has called the bluff of Nigerian fans calling them pretenders.

Most Nigerian fans who were disappointed that the Eagles could not hold their lead against the Tunisians last month in a crucial World Cup qualifier which they needed to win to be in the driver’s seat have continued to show apathy towards the team as they have unusually shunned the team’s training sessions in Abuja.

A bitter Amodu who could not hold his frustration to the development could not hold back his venom on them, stressing that he expected the behaviour from them because they just pretend to know the game.
According to www.kickoffnigeria.com, Amodu said, “A good number of Nigerians pretend to know the game and support the game, but they don’t know it,” adding, “As it is, those who will come to the stadium that day will be our genuine supporters, those who know and love football, and those are the people we want.”

Still lambasting critics of the Eagles, Amodu accused those criticising him and the team of extending the failure of all other sectors of the Nigerian economy on football, stressing that it was only football that has been flying the country’s flag positively around the world.

“Nobody should extend the disappointment in the fortunes of this country on us in football. Our teams have been playing games all over the world. That football has been played here and there means that we have been the ones carrying the banner of Nigeria all over the world.

“We don’t want to face it, but I am saying it today. The only thing that is representing Nigeria all over the world is football. The only thing we are selling to the world right now is football. And anybody who does not care about the fact that we are doing our utmost best to represent this country does not appreciate it.
“They should ask questions of other organs of this country what they are doing. Why is it only football? Nobody should take the problems of Nigeria and put it on football. In football, like other sports, you cannot get all your results overnight. Along the line you will have disappointing results, and you will also have good ones. “That is the nature of sport. You will win some, you will lose some and you will draw some.

“This attitude of win at all cost is what we have carried into our political life. That is why when a politician loses an election, he claims it was rigged, and goes to the tribunal. But if he wins, the election was good. Then we keep on fighting ourselves everyday rather than move a step forward.”
“I have played uncountable matches in my life; I cannot come here and be worried about the consequences of any match. We can only do the best we can and leave the rest to God.
“It is a responsibility for us all, and we are plying our own part. We will leave and other people will come in and play their own part. I think we have done so far so good.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/09/nigerians-don’t-know-football-—-amodu/

This man must be daft for saying we dont know football after him and his team disappoint football loving nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by MrCrackles(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2009
Coming from Amodu the dullard shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by naso2(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2009
why the man no go get mouth when UCHECHI,IGHALO etc don fall Siasia hand.

Amodu is the biggest beneficiary of the Egypt 2009 demise
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by Ben13: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
what else do we expect from a frustrated soul?
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by OvieE: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2009
Ben-10:

what else do we expect from a frustrated soul?

Good question
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by chic2pimp(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2009
THAT'S RICH ESPECIALLY AS IT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF THAT OLD FART.
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by MUNEER2(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2009
The man seems more like a those that guide lions in the zoo, i wonder what we expected of such personality. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by 190: 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2009
look at this slowpoke~
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by princekevo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2009
This guy must be the biggest fool of the century.
He should have jst buried his head in shame, so him still get mouth to talk after such a huge disappointment infront of thousand of Nigerian fans. What does he expect from the fans, to hail and clap for him for such a failure and disappointment? He must be a big FOOL.
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by 55gal(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2009
Ok,
MR SABI, show us the football business,
use your knowledge.
Can't you qualify us for the
world cup with your so -called intelligence ?
Nonsense! angry
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by CarlosVent(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2009
AMODU pls resign and leave this country for them cos the management will not and will never take Nigeria to any where even if we get Marcelo lippi of Italy or Guardiola of Barca to coach Nigeria what will happen will still happen.

we have bad management u may not know cos uir not there but a lot of forces from the management will make no coach to succeed.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by buffead(f): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2009
I THINK ITS HIGH TIME WE START SEEING COACHES QUALIFICATION BADGE , CUS I KNW MAJORITY OF DIS NIGERIAN COACHES NO GET COACHING QUALIFICATION OR WATSOEVER, ND IF THEY DO SEF NA FAKE ONE angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by microgiant: 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2009
I love the spirit of the idiots at the helm of affairs "never say die" always find a way out.  How to watch free satellite TV including football Free Satellite TV
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by azeeza(f): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2009
guys make una cool down make we c d outcome of our match,na dis we go no who no football grin
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by phuckNL: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2009
I agree with amodu that we may not know football. What we do know is the difference between a WIN and a PHUCKING DRAW
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by MUZBO(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2009
I agree with the guy. Yar'adua doesn't know about football neither does any of us but he that knows about it is whom we've appointed so he should just do the job and hush!
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by Homonide: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2009
"Nigerians do not know football". What arrogance! because we didn't go to coaching school? So why can't Amodu that "knows" football win an important qualifier when it matters most? Amodu is a failure. Shikena.
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by koolchicco: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2009
na_so:

why the man no go get mouth when UCHECHI,IGHALO etc don fall Siasia hand.

Amodu is the biggest beneficiary of the Egypt 2009 demise

You can say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by otokx(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2009
AMODU should just loose tomorrows match then he will be taught the football that we do not know.
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by nas00(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2009
o.k., we don hear. grin
Him wey sabi football, make im go qualify 4 SA 2010 na. grin grin grin
Yeye coach, shey na mouth dem dey take qualify?

This is a coach whose team was up 2ce against tunisia, yet conceded 2ce in a rather shameful manner. How else can a good coach manifest?
If by fluke 9ja goes to SA, e sure say na dem HARUNA traits dem go go exhibit.
Mr Amodu sef sef na HARUNA AGBA grin
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by rasputinn(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2009
Amodu,Oh Amodu
Such an arrogant ,ignorant fool
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2009
Why dont you ask him if he knows football too,since nigerians doesnt know football.opportunist person
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by saworoide: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2009
Mr. Blockhead talking again.
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by chukz4real(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
Siasia did not fall our hand in any way I suppose. Afterall, he is better than Amodu, Onigbinde and the rest of them,
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2009
I cannot believe what i am hearing from you guys . if the gy was such a dullard, why doe she have the record of the most appointed Super Eagles coach in Nigeria's history 5 times now more than any coach in Nigeria. haba, teh guy has had experience to know what he is doing grin
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by ekitikan(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2009
Amodu! amodu!! amodu!!! how many time did i call you, okay oh you better concentrate on your game now before i commot the small gari wey dey your big mouth, eagles would qualify for nations cup and amodu will revenge his defeat by beating tunisia as we would be in the same group then e go loose to either kenya or mozambique (whoever qualify amongst them for nations cup).that shall be his portion if he does not stop abusing and degrading our collective intelligence.
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by khanye(m): 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2009
Amodu is a fool!
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by WarfyBoy(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2009
heeyyyooooo hmmmmmm

so bkos King Osanga, Ighalo, Uchechi etc etc fall SIaSIa hand for Egypt na im make this dead man dey open im mouth dey yarn.

Why im never talk since, since wey nigeria no komot for U20 world cup, why im no talk

heeyyoooo

Siasia i still believe you oooooo. na only u go fit do an undo
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by Spyker: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
When the head is rotten, the body is also rotten. Look at it this way, we have a sick president, sick NFF, sick coach. What do you expect from Amodu other than trash. Militants are to be paid N65,000 every month as amnesty allowance abi salary. Super Eagles were paid $10,000 winning [s][/s]bonus for drawing. You see, in Nigeria, you are paid in full when you fail or do the wrong thing.
So, make them make sure say them pay SIASIA loosing bonus because he deserves even more. Taking over a team just three months into the tournament. For me, he (Siasia) remains the best and only coach left in this country.

AMODU, i say SHUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by Bobbyb(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2009
blkmum700:

“A good number of Nigerians pretend to know the game and support the game, but they don’t know it,” adding, “As it is, those who will come to the stadium that day will be our genuine supporters, those who know and love football, and those are the people we want.”

See dis guy saying dat 9ja fans dont know d game? let him jst take a tour around Nigerian campuses for example and see good footballing minds.Most of those coming to the stadiums 2morow r jst either less busy or want 2 have a laugh, LOL And for the records he wont choose who he wants where he wants coz he doesn't own Nigerian football! WORD
Re: Nigerians Dont Know Football By Amodu by omar22(m): 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
Its not the fault of a drunkard!!!

Its the person that bought him BEER

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Amodu Shuaibu Be Sacked? / Lgerback Contract To Be Extended / 2+ Odds Rollover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.