Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 (18591 Views)

Man Celebrates His Achievement After Buying Iphone 7 / Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 / Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by dipoolowoo: 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
By Adeniyi Ogunfowoke

Apple, famed for sophisticated phones, is at it again with the launch of the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus which are the mobile phones of the moment. As expected, it was launched by Apple with so much pomp and pageantry and fans are very excited and look forward to laying their hands on this gadget.

Some of the key features of the phones are: Capacity- 32 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB, colour-Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black, Weight- 138 grams (iPhone 7) 188 grams (iPhone 7 plus), Display 4.7 (iPhone 7) 5.5 (iPhone 7 plus), water and dust resistant and 12 megapixel camera.

In addition, both phones have nifty processors, improved cameras, and durable battery life. However, there are certain things or features that may discourage you from buying these iPhones. Jumia Travel Africa’s No 1 hotel booking identify some them.

No radical design changes

If you use the iPhone 6 series, you probably do not need to worry about upgrading to the new iPhones. Why? Because there are no huge differences in design. The only noticeable changes are that iPhone 7 and 7 plus have bottom stereo speakers and 2 back cameras (iPhone 7 plus). Beyond this, there are no major design changes.

No Headphone jack

Apple has gotten rid of the headphone jack. Now, you can only use wireless earphones with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Hence, you may be unable to use the earphones for other mobile devices.

Nothing special about water and dust resistant

Thankfully, iPhone is finally water resistant. It may not catch the fancy of Apple fans because water and dust resistant is already a key feature in the Samsung Galaxy S7 for over several models.

It can easily shatter

The iPhone glass screen is very fragile which means it can easily shatter when it drops. Meanwhile, other mobile phones are shatter proof even if iPhones are virus and hack proof.

Cost

The new iPhones cost $649 (approximately N270,000). And considering the economic recession, buying these phones may not be on your priority list. Unfortunately, instalment payment options are not available in Nigeria.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/09/16/5-essential-things-to-consider-before-buying-iphone-7/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by holluwai(m): 6:54am On Sep 17, 2016
I don hear

But seriously people will still buy, infact some already bought it, infact in a video I saw on IG a Nigerian guy bought 6 or so. Please all these sermons won't get to some people.

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus (256gig)

grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by techinfong: 6:55am On Sep 17, 2016
6.Check if it can apply for adsense @ my siggy angry
Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by kurajordan(m): 6:55am On Sep 17, 2016
Okay
Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Jafar1: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Money that can feed me for a year

Better to use TECNO PHANTOM

14 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Alonzoh(m): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Nic one ....... Varnity varnishing

1 Like

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by arafone(m): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2016
The cost is more than N270k, it's almost N500k

3 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by mayorjosh(m): 7:00am On Sep 17, 2016
In my village I'd use that money to but three plots of land undecided

No thanks Apple but I'm sticking to my iphone5c
Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Samiceman: 7:00am On Sep 17, 2016
IPhone for this Buhari era? Lailai.... Buhari has led us into recession, that old man is a failure

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by hobermener: 7:02am On Sep 17, 2016
Iphone 7 plus didn't meet my spec, i pre ordered the iphon 8 already, just got off the phone with tim cook cool

8 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Jasy(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2016
Wetin concern me? Is it not their money?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by olamixx(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2016
thinking of what business i can start with that 270k

1 Like

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by obembet(f): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2016
most Nigerian buy for fashion not for functions

7 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by RZArecta(m): 7:05am On Sep 17, 2016
Op is it your money ? Android people and bad belle tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2016
Consider if it is China made : In the past we've seen samxung instead of Samsung, we've seen Nufkia instead of Nokia, beware!! You might be told 5k for ifong(instead iPhone) 7s, PLS DO NOT BUY!!.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by FANE4Naija: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2016
He who has the money, let him buy.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by GoggleB(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2016
I will keep repeating this I wud use this money to buy 1 plot at IGOBA..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2016
obembet:
most Nigerian buy for fashion not for functions

Both starts with f and ends with -ion sound!

1 Like

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Iammelvin(m): 7:14am On Sep 17, 2016
ANNOUNCEMENT! ANNOUNCEMENT!! ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Please everyone, I beg you in the name of God stop calling your loved ones names of cheap things like my sweet, honey, lollipop??, berry ?? , candy-stick , banana?? , sugar,chocolate ?? , Fish . All these things cost about #200, it makes them look cheap.
Names like my bag of rice, keg of oil,my bag of cement. You know the rest... Then your loves will know they are expensive. lol grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by HtwoOw: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Why I go buy am? Camon C9 make sense die

2 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by jmichlins(m): 7:16am On Sep 17, 2016
please this ear phone jack arguement has get to stop. If one can buy the phone the airpods won't be issue. Talking about screen shattering you can easily insure it
Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by HtwoOw: 7:17am On Sep 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Consider if it is China made : In the past we've seen samxung instead of Samsung, we've seen Nufkia instead of Nokia, beware!! You might be told 5k for ifong(instead iPhone) 7s, PLS DO NOT BUY!!.

That's pronouncing iPhone in phonetics grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by mikkybellami(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Soon apple will release iPhone 8 without a speaker but you will buy an air speaker called ispeaker..

And iPhone 9 without a screen but external screen... ..iscreen

Foolish set of people sha

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by orlaryhincah(m): 7:18am On Sep 17, 2016
arafone:

Make una no just dey call price anyhow haba, simple calculation 650 * 400 = 260K. At worst highest price wouldn't be more 350K.

1 Like

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by CharlieMaria(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2016
arafone:
Imagine investing that sum in MMM. Chai i need to add to my capital.
Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by tsamson(m): 7:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Hmm
Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2016
meanwhile Somewhere in Onitsha, someone bought iPhone 7 with double sim & memory card slot.... Congrats ooo

6 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 17, 2016
CharlieMaria:
Imagine investing that sum in MMM. Chai i need to add to my capital.
bro u also knw abt MMM sum1 jst introduced me to it sha bt neva start bro d stuf make brain well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 17, 2016
The poor always thinking they have an opinion mtcheew...FYI some people use the same amount you purchase your bag of rice for tea...you can't buy swerve

1 Like

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by InvertedHammer: 7:45am On Sep 17, 2016
dipoolowoo:
By Adeniyi Ogunfowoke

Apple, famed for sophisticated phones, is at it again with the launch of the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus which are the mobile phones of the moment. As expected, it was launched by Apple with so much pomp and pageantry and fans are very excited and look forward to laying their hands on this gadget.

Some of the key features of the phones are: Capacity- 32 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB, colour-Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black, Weight- 138 grams (iPhone 7) 188 grams (iPhone 7 plus), Display 4.7 (iPhone 7) 5.5 (iPhone 7 plus), water and dust resistant and 12 megapixel camera.

In addition, both phones have nifty processors, improved cameras, and durable battery life. However, there are certain things or features that may discourage you from buying these iPhones. Jumia Travel Africa’s No 1 hotel booking identify some them.

No radical design changes

If you use the iPhone 6 series, you probably do not need to worry about upgrading to the new iPhones. Why? Because there are no huge differences in design. The only noticeable changes are that iPhone 7 and 7 plus have bottom stereo speakers and 2 back cameras (iPhone 7 plus). Beyond this, there are no major design changes.

No Headphone jack

Apple has gotten rid of the headphone jack. Now, you can only use wireless earphones with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Hence, you may be unable to use the earphones for other mobile devices.

Nothing special about water and dust resistant

Thankfully, iPhone is finally water resistant. It may not catch the fancy of Apple fans because water and dust resistant is already a key feature in the Samsung Galaxy S7 for over several models.

It can easily shatter

The iPhone glass screen is very fragile which means it can easily shatter when it drops. Meanwhile, other mobile phones are shatter proof even if iPhones are virus and hack proof.

Cost

The new iPhones cost $649 (approximately N270,000). And considering the economic recession, buying these phones may not be on your priority list. Unfortunately, instalment payment options are not available in Nigeria.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/09/16/5-essential-things-to-consider-before-buying-iphone-7/

/
Shatterproof is more important than water proof.

Who takes their phones to the water?

But a cracked screen kills all the beauty.

Now that's something they should work on.
\

2 Likes

Re: 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 by Toks2008(m): 7:45am On Sep 17, 2016
holluwai:
I don hear

But seriously people will still buy, intact some already bought it, infact in video I saw on IG a Nigerian guy bought 6 or so. Please all these sermons won't get to some people.

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus (256gig)

grin

Rocking my Samsung S4 jeje...rather than by iPhone 7 I will use the money to help humanity.

High­lights

13MP Full HD Cam­eraQuad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 3005 Inch Super AMOLED ca­pa­cit­ive touch­screenHSDPA, 42.2 Mbps, HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps, LTE16/32/64 GB in­ternal stor­age2GB RAM

Net­work

Mi­cro-SIM2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 19003G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 21004G: LTE

Bat­tery

Type: Li - IonCa­pa­city: 2600 mAhStandby: 370 hours (2G, 3G)Talk­time: 17 hours (2G, 3G)

Cam­era

Cam­era: 13 Mega­pixelRes­ol­u­tion: 4128 x 3096 pixelsCam­era Fea­tures: Flash (LED), Dual Shot, Sim­ul­tan­eous HD video and image re­cord­ing, geo-tag­ging, touch focus, face and smile de­tec­tion, image sta­bil­iz­a­tion, HDR, di­gital zoom­ingVideo Res­ol­u­tion: 1080p HD, 30fps, dual-video recAd­di­tional Cam­era: 2 MP,1080p, 30fpsVideo Call­ing: Dual Video Call

Mul­ti­me­dia

Music Play­back: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, AC3, FLACVideo Play­back: MP4, DivX, XviD, WMV, H.264, H.263Radio Type: FM RadioYou­tube Player

Memory

In­built Memory: 16/32/64 GBMemory Slot: mi­croSD, mi­croSDHCMax­imum Card Size: 64 GBDrop­box (50 GB stor­age)

Con­nectiv­ity

Wifi: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n (Wi-Fi hot­spot), ac, dual-bandWi-Fi Dir­ect, Wi-Fi hot­spotDLNABluetooth: 4.0 with A2DP, EDR, LEUSB: microUSB 2.0 with MHL 2, USB On-the-go, USB Host, Mass Stor­age, Char­ging3.5mm Head­phone Jack

Dis­play

Size: 1080 x 1920 pixels pixelsType: Super AMOLEDCol­ors: 16000000 col­orsPixel Dens­ity: 441 ppiCorn­ing Gor­illa Glass 3Phys­ical Size: 5.0 inchesTouch Screen, Type: Ca­pa­cit­iveMulti-TouchAc­cel­er­o­meter sensorProx­im­ity sensorGyro­scope SensorLight SensorTouch­Wiz UISmart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll

Abeg wettin remain?
Built

Di­men­sions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mmWeight: 130gForm Factor: BarCol­ors Avail­able: White Frost, Black Mist

Data

LTEUMTSHSDPA+ (42.2 Mbit/s)HSUPA (5.76 Mbit/s)GPRSEDGE

In­ter­net

Browser: An­droid Web­KitSup­ports: HTML5, FlashSo­cial Net­work­ing In­teg­ra­tion: Face­book, MySpace, Twit­terGoogle Search

Mes­saging and Email

MMSSMSIMEmail Sup­ports: IMAP, POP3, SMTP, Push EmailGmail, Google Talk

Phone Book

Ca­pa­city: De­pends on Sys­tem MemoryFea­tures: Caller groups, Mul­tiple num­bers per con­tact, Pic­ture ID, Ring ID

Or­gan­izer

Cal­en­darAlarmsTasksDoc­u­ment Viewer: Word, Excel, Power­Point, PDFOther: Cal­cu­lator

OS/Soft­ware

Smart­phoneOp­er­at­ing Sys­tem: An­droid 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)Pro­cessor: Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300Speed: Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300Chip­set: Qual­comm APQ8064T Snap­dragon 600Memory: 2 GB RAMGPU: Ad­reno 320Adobe Flash Sup­portJava: Java MIDP emu­lator

Loc­a­tion Based Ser­vices

A-GPSGLONASS

Extra Fea­tures

Wire­less char­ging (mar­ket de­pend­ent)S-Voice nat­ural lan­guage com­mands and dic­ta­tionAir ges­turesAct­ive noise can­cel­la­tion with ded­ic­ated micSNS in­teg­ra­tion

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Your Phone Overheating? Learn How To Fix It / 20 Samsung Galaxy S8 Features You Won't Find On Tecno Phantom 8 / Create 2go Account |2go Registration Portal On Www.2go.im

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.