Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Do I Have To Turn Off My AC When Entering A Pool Of Water? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do I Have To Turn Off My AC When Entering A Pool Of Water? (6230 Views)

Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Symptoms Of Water In A Car's Petrol Tank And Ways To Fix It / See Pictures Of Water Buses That Can Move On Water And Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Why Do I Have To Turn Off My AC When Entering A Pool Of Water? by DECOtech(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
erico2k2:

This is very correct but when you slow down or in traffic this is the time the fan is most needed so its would be on, have you not seen car just parked keys off and the fan still ON?
lonelydora:

I know. What if at the point of entering the water, it is on.

During a rain, you rad fan wont come on as frequently as it does when the weather is hot cos your vehicles cooling system is designed for its fan to come on when the engine temperature is about to go above its preset point. trust the fan to go off a few seconds after the engine touches the water.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Have To Turn Off My AC When Entering A Pool Of Water? by erico2k2(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
DECOtech:

During a rain, you rad fan wont come on as frequently as it does when the weather is hot cos your vehicles cooling system is designed for its fan to come on when the engine temperature is about to go above its preset point. trust the fan to go off a few seconds after the engine touches the water.
you again is assuming,
let me ask you something, what are the factors to cause the fan to come on, internal or external?don't forget we are discussing an internal combustion Engine.
Re: Why Do I Have To Turn Off My AC When Entering A Pool Of Water? by DECOtech(m): 8:06am On Sep 20, 2016
erico2k2:

you again is assuming,
let me ask you something, what are the factors to cause the fan to come on, internal or external?don't forget we are discussing an internal combustion Engine.

Yes sir, engine heat mainly comes from within yet environmental conditions contribute as well.

I have had to drive a vehicle very fast so that air rushing into the engine bay Wld help cool the engine. cos I noticed the engine temp Wld rise when a I drive slow. in the same light, a running engine would lose heat as it comes in contact with a puddle of water.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Differentiate Between Korean And Chinese Car Batteries? / 2009 Honda Accord EX VS 2009 Toyota Camry SE / 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Or 2009 Corolla S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.