Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) (38386 Views)

Obas Council Gives Olugbo Four Days To Withdraw Statement Over Superiority / "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan / Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by LaExpert: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
YabaLeftist:
undecided

I thought Oduduwa fell down from the sky.

Why is there no consensus on the actual progenitor of the Yoruba race?
So many inconsistencies in the stories. Which one I go believe now?

Lol, can someone possibly fall from the sky?
There's no consensus simply because of the poor record keeping.

There's no progenitor per se.
The Yorubas have always been existing.

Oduduwa came from Bini kingdom, he was banished from there.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by freezyprinzy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2016
whaoo is he trying 2 beef 1oba?... dat 1 dat lyk travelling lyk buhari humm
Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Alasi20(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

A slave can not be King?

An Hunchback can never be crown as King?

Someone we soon come for those

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Neverquit(f): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2016
Very confused oba

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by freezyprinzy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
LaExpert:

angry
LaExpert:

oh he no longer came from mecca abi he was banished in Bini den trekked 2 mecca 2 collect power 2 defect obatala whaoo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Rex123(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
dre11:

http://punchng.com/ugbo-people-dont-marry-ladies-fair-complexion-oba-olugbo-ugbo/

it is not dat am 2 lazy 2 read but nigga got no tym.thinking abuh ow to make some douh fast.
Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by fabfunmi(f): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2016
Truefederalism:
Another confused Afonja.
Oduduwa is now from Mecca. The fulani alliance aint today

The skies rejects the sophisticated peeps.
Betrayal did not start from Afonja but Moremi. (New fact)

In Yorubaland
the men =Afonja.
The women = Moremi.

Mad yoruba peeps everywhere!

Your moniker contradicts your comment up there,you seek for true federalism yet you speak against a particular tribe!!!
True federalism indeed!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
Make I hear jhor.. Nobody de look face or skin anymore and for this kind harsh economy, nah watin your head fit offer that matters undecided
Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by CandyDiamond(f): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2016
Oduduwa is Oba of Benin son that was banished and he went Ife and conquer Yoruba land and they revered him as god that fall from heaven and he gave the kingship in Yoruba land the name Oba as the they use it in Benin kingdom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Blackfire(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
when I hear yorubas saying oduduwa is there progenitor I laugh ... the guy met leaders here in ife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Youngzedd(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
ALAYORMII:
What about their own fair ladies??

In my book, I listed the qualifications of an Oba. That is why some people are misbehaving in the land. An Oba should sit at home while people would come and pay homage to him. You have to sit majestically, that is what they call an Oba.

Who can tell Mii who this is meant for??

Punchline to our, sorry their jegede (waka waka).
Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Ade3000yrs(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
I believe this oba been an ilaje king is a fabricator facts he claimed to align with a depth of intellect. With all the education he claims, I don't see a 21st King or Monarch in this man at all. How does your monarch and kingdom on the verge of been phased out meet the needs of the 21st Century? I was expecting this man to do better. May be a more light on Oando and Ilaje oil explorations and key players will draw more of Nigerian and world attention on your salient ventures to break the arch wings of those elements without direct impact on the Nigerian citizen. All the claims made by this Oba has been bent on power! Power! Power!,War! War! War! And all about power dominance. As far as am concerned, monarchy in Nigeria will soon be phased out or better up graded to affect peoples life in much better ways. I say this with an authority because am equally a monarch from both my paternal and mother's side.

To me, the essence of this article is just a flickering show of prowess. we are now in an age where you don't need to be a king or have all the trillion dollar worth of ventures to Change the world. If the white man can do this, i believe we can do better.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Youngzedd(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2016
YabaLeftist:
undecided

So you believe Oduduwa fall from the sky grin grin grin

That fairly tale was written by a drunkard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by CandyDiamond(f): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
Blackfire:
when I hear yorubas saying oduduwa is there progenitor I laugh ... the guy met leaders here in ife.
He is Oba of Benin son, he can't come from Mecca

2 Likes

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by dadabashua1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
cool
Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by bart10: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
This is pure distortion of history. Who's this man? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Enrichlee(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
kulrunsman79:
I love the " betrayal" aspect. Ofcourse we all know that fair skin women are traitors n betrayers.
Actually, it works both ways. A traitor to them and a hero to the Ife people. They can come and blame their gullibility on an ingenious lady who crafted a way to deliver her people from perpetual raids. #Moremi ajasoro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Blackfire(m): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
CandyDiamond:

He is Oba of Benin son, he can't come from Mecca

either he is from ogiso or from makkah ... he was a stranger, but somehow out smart other local players ..

1 Like

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by YabaLeftist: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
Youngzedd:

So you believe Oduduwa fall from the sky grin grin grin

That fairly tale was written by a drunkard.

Actually, that's what I was taught in my social studies class in secondary school days. I guess it's a myth after all.

1 Like

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Igboid: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2016
Well, black ancestors kept little or no written records.

So it's distortion galore for every History revisionists there as long as it aids in propagation of their political agenda.

Who is to say that the Ugbo version of Oduduwa story is not the authentic one, who is to say that the Oyo and Ife ones are not the authentic ones.
We can't know who is telling the truth now, but one thing we know is that all Yoruba people are united by their Yoruba language and dialects.

Everything else is secondary.

Side point: It would appear like the Ugbo king was taking a dig against the Ooni of Ife, with the talks of an Oba having to stay in palace and not supposed to have his father still alive.
That is wrong of the Ugbo king, to say such things about his colleague in public newspaper.

5 Likes

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Truefederalism(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2016
fabfunmi:

Your moniker contradicts your comment up there,you seek for true federalism yet you speak against a particular tribe!!!
True federalism indeed!!!!

You my friend are not informed on how true federalism works. In true federalism I care very little what happens to you. News concerning you will almost be foreign news to me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by NORSIYK(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
ALAYORMII:

[b]In my book, I listed the qualifications of an Oba. That is why some people are misbehaving in the land. An Oba should sit at home while people would come and pay homage to him. You have to sit majestically, that is what they call an Obai

its meant for OBA of LAGOON

2 Likes

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Tunami(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
ALAYORMII:

In my book, I listed the qualifications of an Oba. That is why some people are misbehaving in the land. An Oba should sit at home while people would come and pay homage to him. You have to sit majestically, that is what they call an Oba.

the waka waka ooni of ife and oluwo iwo land.

1 Like

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by OgundeleT(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
YabaLeftist:
undecided

it is a tale like mary pregnancy, Jesus crucification and Mohammed riding horse in the moon.
and the reason is just that we don't keep records

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by glossy6(f): 2:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
oboy3:
is ondo igboland?
Don't mind those that will comment without reading

1 Like

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by prodigy97(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
gbaskiboy:
I have seen another diversion of Igbo people. Abeg who be Ugbo again. are they disintegration of Igbo populace
they are ugbos not igbos,one of the two main kingdom in ilaje land

4 Likes

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Senorprinz(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
YabaLeftist:
undecided

as in ehn, some will tell you their main ancestors are in brazil, that they got seperated when plate tectonics caused continental drifting of the south american plate from the african plate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by VanTee20(m): 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
This silly Oba the Olu of Ugbo has been saying and postulating different rubbish revisionist versions of Yoruba history and dishing them to silly underground reporters /\ ~~ Smh
He better take his time before Orisha descend on him cheesy

What is the evidence that the current version is not rubbish?
Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by VanTee20(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2016
CandyDiamond:
Oduduwa is Oba of Benin son that was banished and he went Ife and conquer Yoruba land and they revered him as god that fall from heaven and he gave the kingship in Yoruba land the name Oba as the they use it in Benin kingdom.

No, the Oba title had been in use in Yorubaland long before Benin Kingdom. According to oral tradition and history books, about AD 1400, the people of Benin became dissatified with their rulers and sent to Ife, asking Oduduwa for one of his sons to rule over them. He sent them Prince Oranmiyan and that was when the kingship title became Oba in Benin. . .

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by lumzybo: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2016
Now who or what do we believe? If only there can be a roundtable where all these contradictory issues abt the yoruba race wuld be trashed.

I foresee a battle of superiority happening in the future. This man is sowing a seed of discord.

#proudlyYoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by prodigy97(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2016
I see a lot of people here doubting the belief that oduduwa came from the sky yet they are quick to believe that elijah was taken to heaven by a whirlwind,that adam was created from dust.i smell hypocrites

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by dreezybines: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nice article...I love the kings confidence. He really knows his history...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Death Of Prince Kelechi Ineke, Son Of Gabriel Ineke, The Echemugo 1 Of Abaomege / The Cost Of Uprooting The Ekiti Sacred Tree In Odo, Oja (Snapshot) / Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.