Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection (5765 Views)

Different Types Of Nigerian Universities Lecturers - (MEME COLLECTION) / UNIZIK Guideline For Collection Of 2015/2016 Convocation Gown / Urgent: Please What Are The Procedures For Collection Of Certificate From Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by drimpeccable(m): 11:38am On Sep 17, 2016
Compliments of the day to all Nairalanders. Hope the weekend has been splendid(Recession nonetheless) grin

I have a Sister who finished from Psychology Department, UNILAG in 2005 but has not been able to collect her certificate since then because she works and resides in one of the Northern States.

I want to know if anyone on the forum has an idea of the requirements/processes for collection of certificates. Information such as collection days, amount to be paid and how long it would take to process, would be really appreciated.

This would aid her in proper planning before applying for leave at work to travel down to Lagos. I also would like to know if it could be collected by proxy.

Thanks all for your efforts. You're appreciated.

MODS, can you kindly help out with the front page for visibility and responses.
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
drimpeccable:
Compliments of the day to all Nairalanders. Hope the weekend has been splendid(Recession nonetheless) grin

I have a Sister who finished from Psychology Department, UNILAG in 2005 but has not been able to collect her certificate since then because she works and resides in one of the Northern States.

I want to know if anyone on the forum has an idea of the requirements/processes for collection of certificates. Information such as collection days, amount to be paid and how long it would take to process, would be really appreciated.

This would aid her in proper planning before applying for leave at work to travel down to Lagos. I also would like to know if it could be collected by proxy.

Hello was your sister finally able to get her certificate? How did she go about it? I finished 2006 and I need to get mine as well
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by yvy1(f): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
tjskii:

Hello was your sister finally able to get her certificate? How did she go about it? I finished 2006 and I need to get mine as well

tjskii:

Hello, please did [quote author=drimpeccable post=49437200]Compliments of the day to all Nairalanders. Hope the weekend has been splendid(Recession nonetheless) grin

Hello did you guys have any luck? Can you hook a sistah up please? Thank you very much.
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by drimpeccable(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2017
tjskii:

Sorry for replying late please.

She is yet to collect it. I was unable to get any response online and I also was not in Lagos at the time. I'll visit the Campus soon to enquire personally.

Meanwhile, I no longer use the mail you sent a message to.

Cheers Sis.
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by yvy1(f): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2017
drimpeccable:

Sorry for replying late please.

She is yet to collect it. I was unable to get any response online and I also was not in Lagos at the time. I'll visit the Campus soon to enquire personally.

Meanwhile, I no longer use the mail you sent a message to.

Cheers Sis.

Hello, how did it go?
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by austine4real(m): 11:15am On Nov 25, 2017
yvy1:

Hello, how did it go?
happy birthday to u bro

llnp many happy returned
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by yvy1(f): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2017
austine4real:

happy birthday to u bro

llnp many happy returned

Thank you very much Austine
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by austine4real(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2017
yvy1:

Thank you very much Austine
Give me a French kiss without a string attached
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
yvy1:

Hello, how did it go?

How far long time no hear�, i finally went to collect my certificate o, and i must tell you that i have lost hope in Nigeria ever being great. Therz just too much crap in the system.
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2019
yvy1:

Hello, how did it go?

First off, they have the worst staff in the certificate unit, there was one pregnant lady in there, my God, i have never felt so much pressure to physically assault another human being in my life, as much as i did towards that lady today, she took great pleasure in being rude and disdainful. My God it was horrible.

Anyway, the first thing you need is a photocopy of your convocation brochure, the front page and the page where your name appears. If you dont have it, just go to the 6th floor of the senate building, and you will be given the book, to make a copy.

Then you go to your department, get a clearance form, fill it out and get it stamped at your faculty office. I paid 2k there

1 Like

Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
Then i had to get the clearance stamped at the library and bursary, then 2k was paid to the cash office and 1k paid to gtb for alumni dues(remita payment), then the documents are taken to the certificate unit, which by the way is open from 8.am to 12pm. You are also to come along with your student id card undecided

1 Like

Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
I finished in 2005,but luckily i still carry about my student id card, for those of you who dont have it, ure supppsed to swear an affidavit, get a police report and then get someone from ur faculty to identify you undecided.

I had someone do all the clearance stuff for me, and i had the forms and receipts scanned to me. When i presented it to the certificate unit, they rejected it and told me they would accept only original copies
Which is how. I. Found myselfgoing thru the clearance process all over again.
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
By the time i got everything done again the only difference between the scanned copies nd the original was the colour of ink on the stamps used, scanned was black, while original was purple. With the technological advances going on in the world, it irks me that an institution of learning, would reject scanned copies of documents that you can actually see are genuine and put one through the hell i went through today, i feel so ashamed to be a unilag alumni, i hated the school today, and hated the fact that, the school deliberately put stumbling blocks inthe path of those willing to pick up their certificates
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2019
Why cant certificates be issued during convocation? Would it be making some incompetent people redundant and unable to play God? I really dislike the system we have in this country, i know lw this type of thing goes on everywhere, its frustrating
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by yvy1(f): 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
tjskii:

First off, they have the worst staff in the certificate unit, there was one pregnant lady in there, my God, i have never felt so much pressure to physically assault another human being in my life, as much as i did towards that lady today, she took great pleasure in being rude and disdainful. My God it was horrible.

Anyway, the first thing you need is a photocopy of your convocation brochure, the front page and the page where your name appears. If you dont have it, just go to the 6th floor of the senate building, and you will be given the book, to make a copy.

Then you go to your department, get a clearance form, fill it out and get it stamped at your faculty office. I paid 2k there

Thanks for the update. Pele about your experience.
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
yvy1:

Thanks for the update. Pele about your experience.

Thanks dear, have u been able to collect urs?
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
drimpeccable:

Has she picked up hers?
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by AnuE: 11:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Please did you pay any demurrage fees?
tjskii:
Why cant certificates be issued during convocation? Would it be making some incompetent people redundant and unable to play God? I really dislike the system we have in this country, i know lw this type of thing goes on everywhere, its frustrating
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by yvy1(f): 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
tjskii:

Thanks dear, have u been able to collect urs?

Hi sis, I just collected mine o. Had to do it myself. The staff were quite nice to me but my feet hurt from going round the offices. Started at 10am finished at 2.30pm.

Thank God.
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by yvy1(f): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
AnuE:

They jokingly asked that o pay ₦50/day as demurrage fees but I dashed them 1k instead.
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 8:33am On Mar 04, 2020
AnuE:

No i didnt
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by tjskii(f): 8:35am On Mar 04, 2020
yvy1:

Hi sis, I just collected mine o. Had to do it myself. The staff were quite nice to me but my feet hurt from going round the offices. Started at 10am finished at 2.30pm.

Thank God.

Im happy for you o, at least that's a load off your mind. The issue i had was with one pregnant lady in the certificate office. She was probably suffering from pregnancy hormones. If i still see the lady for road, i go flog am grin
Re: UNILAG CERTIFICATE: Information Needed On Requirements For Collection by airminem(f): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2020
tjskii:

How far long time no hear�, i finally went to collect my certificate o, and i must tell you that i have lost hope in Nigeria ever being great. Therz just too much crap in the system.
I hope our/this generation trigger #reforms of the system begining with the # Endsars Protest TODAY! angry

(1) (Reply)

Richest Men In World History And Their Source Of Wealth / 7 Small Things That Can Make You Smarter; No. 2 Is For The Genius. / Nassarawa State University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.