Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession (12454 Views)

Kaduna State Imam, Ibrahim Kazim Converts To Christian In Rome / Fayose: How Idahosa Converted My Father To A Christian In 1980 Ibadan Crusadeā€ˇ / Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by driveiwe(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2016
It's vital as children of God to understand how to prosper and survive others in times of recession;
# Maintain a positive confession;
As a child of God u shouldn't talk like the rest of the world, reason the bible says-
When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.Job22:29

#Work hard;
God expects His children to work and not fold their hands, see proverbs 14:23
In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury. So ya'all needs to work hard.

# Pray regularly for your government;
Some might not be of this opinion but See 1timothy 2:1
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

#Pay your tithes and your offerings;
This might spark up reactions, but its a choice paying the tithe or not, but to me it's only telling God that He can trust you with much, when you pay your tithes...
It's just a show of love to the one who gave you the 100%.

#Invest wisely as a Christian;
This is another reason why you got the Holy ghost, cos He will guide you into investing wisely.

#Give to the poor amongst you;
No greater way to succeed as a Christian if you don't give, God gave Jesus to us, why can't we give back to the poor and needy.

Please add up your own.....

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by DonCortino: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
Pastor! So you want uninterrupted tithe collecting for this hardship ba? God is watching you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by massinola(m): 7:37am On Sep 18, 2016
All you said are order except number 3. Pray for which government?
And hope not this kind of confession

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Lighthouseman: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2016
Maintain a positive attitude.
Dress well let it not be as if the world is on your shoulders.
Buy what you need and not what you want.
Before buying something with your hard earned money, ask yourself... Do I need it or want it.
Finally, know that this cup of recession will pass away... No kill yourself

16 Likes

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Hdz4luv: 7:40am On Sep 18, 2016
Oboi 2nd to comment
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by gabazin080(m): 7:40am On Sep 18, 2016
i agree with all your point EXCEPT give to the poor among u.

na pesin wey don chop belleful fit dash him neighbour
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by spartan50(m): 7:41am On Sep 18, 2016
Please I need someone to explain Hebrews 7 to me. Am a strong believer of Jesus Christ. Can this explained to me. Thanks guys
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Proffdada: 7:41am On Sep 18, 2016

This might spark up reactions, but its a choice paying the tithe or not, but to me it's only telling God that He can trust you with much, when you pay your tithes...

How? In this time?

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by SPG4U(m): 7:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Work smart.... Invest wisely.... Give to the poor and needy out of ur excess... Not to your pastor who has abundant..... Unless ur pastor is very poor and needy..... And if he is...tell him to go get a job....

4 Likes

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by greatgod2012(f): 7:42am On Sep 18, 2016
Be wise in your giving!

4 Likes

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by flokii: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2016
Always be positive and optimistic.. not silenty wishing for d govt.'s failure to score cheap points

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by oruma19: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2016
spartan50:
Please I need someone to explain Hebrews 7 to me. Am a strong believer of Jesus Christ. Can this explained to me. Thanks guys
Google 'femi aribisala on tithing' u will understand that chapter easier. Thank me later.. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by gabazin080(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2016
greatgod2012:
Be wise in your giving!
exactly my thought. cus if u go dash pesin your last card and u come dey expect miracle but u no get enough faith, na gbege be dat
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by chetteh: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2016
Time to pay tithe well
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by ikombe: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2016
If only i could understand what the op is saying undecided

Person wey hunger go flog hunger go still flog angry
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by pxjosh(m): 7:51am On Sep 18, 2016
No matter how hard things are, God will never leave his children to beg for bread. He still cares..

4 Likes

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Goldenheart(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2016
Hmmm cool
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by chimah3(m): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2016
How to prosper the pastor you mean??
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by sammyj: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2016
Thumps up tk Ambode! !! wink
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by annunaki2(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2016
Tithe ko tight ni angry tithing is a pious fraud promoted by some manipulative churches. There is no requirement for Christians to tithe in the bible.

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2016
I knew paying of tithes must be among
Like Scarface rapped
"They tell me see my pastor but I don't go
Cause they all be on this one street
So I take it on myself to thank him one deep
And give my money to the most needy
And never put it in the hands of the most greedy
Cause their puttin' a price tag on a man's word
And it's a fashion show, so the men flirt
The world is endin' so they try to make us switch fast
And they openin' up these churches for some quick cash
And usin' the money fo' they new cribs
While brother Johnson just got kicked out where he lived
I follow no man, cause man be phoney

6 Likes

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Pvin: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2016
hmm
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 18, 2016
Piece of trash. The only way to suceed is hard work. I didn't have to do any of the criteria you mentioned to be where I am today. However, I give to the poor not because I wanna be more successful but because of my altruistic nature. Africans will continue to be caught up praying for their government while the rest of the world continues attaining new milestones. Develop Africa and stop wasting your time praying that things will get better. We didn't get to where we are today by praying while folding our hands doing nothing.
You guys pray for your government but still try to come here at littlest opportunity... Maybe because ur prayers arent working. Develop Africa!!

5 Likes

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by DeSepiero(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2016
driveiwe:

It's vital as children of God to understand how to prosper and survive others in times of recession;
As a child of God u shouldn't talk like the rest of the world, reason the bible says-
When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.Job22:29

Agreed!

driveiwe:

#Work hard;
In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury. So ya'all needs to work hard.
Agreed.

driveiwe:

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

We pray to God for the government. The government prays to God too for a miracle. undecided Let's be more pragmatic. Be a solution & don't wait for a failing government to determine your fate.

driveiwe:

The church asks us to depend on God for a miracle, yet they depend on our offerings. GOD DONT SPEND MONEY, MEN DO!! I'd rather help a neighbor or brother in need. "Whatsoever you do to the least of your brethren ..." Remember?

driveiwe:

This is another reason why you got the Holy ghost, cos He will guide you into investing wisely.
No greater way to succeed as a Christian if you don't give, God gave Jesus to us, why can't we give back to the poor and needy.

Agreed! But don't wait for the Holy Ghost alone o. Consult experts and seek counsel in Investment.

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by obontami: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Babzilla:
I knew paying of tithes must be among
you no pay tithes?? cheesy
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by ANBAKO: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2016
In all, first and fifth points are on point.

Government is not by prayer. If it is by prayer we should be way ahead of countries like China which is atheist or US or UK.

Tithe is just to enrich the "church"

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by izzou(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2016
grin
Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by ever811(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2016
driveiwe:

#Work hard;

Please add up your own.....
I count all pastors who make tithe a must and the 11th commandments criminals... quote me and I will educate you why I don't serve a God that need bribe from me b4 he blessed me..I serve a God who dwelet in the heavens and own all things here on earth in heaven and Benet the earth.He bless me according to his mercies and not my tithe..iam not a Jew under the law but a Christian under grace trough Christ Jesus..

3 Likes

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Fingerprinter(m): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2016
Op, I'd you like maintain a positive confession from now till next. Positive confession won't help but hard work. Or could you maintain a more positive confession than Goliath in the bible? Who said he would tear up the flesh of David and feed is yo the birds of the air.
About giving tithe to the pastor. We all know no sensible man would be giving out 10% of his income for a fraudulent scheme.
Well, every malla.m to his kettle

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2016
All very correct, these are biblical principles

1 Like

Re: How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession by jbcul4ril(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2016
The bottom line is are all above inline with the scriptures? Yes they are. Any other opinion is human ideology.
May God help us all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christmas: Definition, Origin, Development and Significance / Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / Jehovah Witnesses False Doctrines And Fake Prophecies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.