Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" (7235 Views)

"Ikoyi Whistle-blower Is Mad" - EFCC Says, Takes Him To Psychiatric Hospital / Shema Shed Tears After EFCC Re-Arrest / EFCC Seizes Ibrahim Shema's Houses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Jirate(m): 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
Immediate past Governor of Katsina State, Ibrahim Shema, yesterday voluntarily handed himself over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Shema who arrived the Idiagbon House in Wuse 2 at 9.30am was accompanied by his former Chief of Staff, Honourable Salisu Yusuf, friends and political associates.

Recall that the former governor was declared wanted by the EFCC on Wednesday over alleged fraud.

The ant-graft agency had declared that the former governor, a member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), wanted after efforts to get him to respond to the allegations through invitations failed.

EFCC alleged that he committed offenses such as “criminal conspiracy, inflation of contract, abuse of office, diversion of funds and embezzlement running into billions of naira”.

But decked in a brown Babaringa, Shema entered the EFCC building for some hours before he was transferred to another EFCC facility in No.10,Niafounke Street, Wuse, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Abuja for interrogation.

But speaking with Journalists, Shema’s former Chief of Staff, Honourable Salisu Yusuf stated that his boss decided to go to the anti-graft agency because “he’s a law abiding citizen who has absolutely nothing to fear.”

Yusuf added that the former governor was not fighting the EFCC and the government, but the governor of Katsina State, Aminu Masari is the one fighting his predecessor.

Yusuf said,” the former governor of Katsina State, Barrister Ibrahim Shema “went to submit himself to the EFCC even though the agency has not been fair to him in handling his case by declaring him wanted.”

Shema was still at the EFCC facility at the time of filing this report.

Similarly, head of the former governor’s media team, Oluwabusola Olawale, added that Shema has nothing to fear however decried attempts to subject the former governor to political and media trial.

Olawale, in a statement yesterday, while calling on EFCC to ensure fairness, justice and equity in accordance to the rule of law over the matter, declared that that Shema left katsina State as a debt free state despite the massive infrastructural development during his eight year tenure.

The statement read in part “As a further proof to the fact that the former Governor of katsina state, His Excellency Ibrahim Shehu Shema is not into hiding as claimed by EFCC in its statement on Wednesday 14th September 2016, he has voluntarily walked into EFCC headquarter around 9:30 am on Friday 16th, September 2016.

“We have reiterated it on different occasions that the former Governor Ibrahim Shehu Shema has nothing to fear and he is ever ready to defend himself, but he should not be subjected to political and media trial. All he wants is fairness, justice and equity in accordance to the rule of law. Former Governor Shema left katsina state as a debt free state despite the massive infrastructural development during his eight year tenure.
http://leadership.ng/news/550873/shema-ive-nothing-to-fear-submits-self-to-efcc

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Jirate(m): 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
“We have reiterated it on different occasions that the former Governor Ibrahim Shehu Shema has nothing to fear and he is ever ready to defend himself, but he should not be subjected to political and media trial. All he wants is fairness, justice and equity in accordance to the rule of law"

APC is only interested in Hunting down Political Opponents, Nothing else they knows how to do, Period. cool

8 Likes

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by holyentgold: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2016
What's Happening To NPOWER

2 Likes

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by nmreports: 9:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Very funny.
There are certain things Nigerian politicians would say and you would just know its all lies.

You sre resdy to submit yourself because you have nothing to fear should be interpreted as: "I have power Lords and im certain nothing would happen".

Even a fool knows most if not all politician in Nigeria is corrupt and has something to hide.

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Media trial at its pick!

APC is evil and callous

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Realist5: 9:16am On Sep 18, 2016
Return the stolen Yam and stop shouting witch-hunting.
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by ajalawole(m): 9:17am On Sep 18, 2016
carry go shema. EFCC the toothless bull dog

2 Likes

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Jirate(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
Media trial at its pick!

APC is evil and callous

At it's very Peak, Propaganda at it's very Best. To hell with APC. For ruining our once vibrant economy, they should burn to blazes. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by ajalawole(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2016
holyentgold:
bro ask them untill #changebeginWithThereFather

2 Likes

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:28am On Sep 18, 2016
The fact that I'm in this wild forest called Nigeria makes me sick. Infact I see sicknesses, illment, animal attacks prevailing in this god knows where of a cursed forest. At this point I can say that I'm not living in a country rather I'm living in a open space with no law, rule, in short, I'm living in a place where people live for living sake.

4 Likes

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by SweetJoystick(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2016
Story for the gods, you will have everything to fear when trail begins
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by bobbiekrantz: 10:15am On Sep 18, 2016
grin

No trespassing... Private property angry
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by olaolulazio(m): 10:27am On Sep 18, 2016
holyentgold:
Water and garri make EBA on ya wedding day.
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by holyentgold: 10:33am On Sep 18, 2016
olaolulazio:

Water and garri make EBA on ya wedding day.
if you know the current price of garri

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 18, 2016
Jirate:

At it's very Peak, Propaganda at it's very Best. To hell with APC. For ruining our once vibrant economy, they should burn to blazes. cool
The EFCC under the vibrant leadership of Magu is doing an excellent job going after the PDP crooks who put us in the mess we currently find ourselves in. I know you end your fellow lovers of corruption are not happy about this, but let me tell you this: There are millions of Katsina indigenes who will go to bed tonight pleased by the fact that one of your heroes will sleep in an EFCC cell tonight. Continue to support them of. Someday they will credit your account with its proceeds

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by ychris: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
Media trial at its pick!
APC is evil and callous
pick? hell no! peak rather.
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Justiyke4u: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
Efcc over to you
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Cletus77(m): 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
make him no go bribe dem..o dis one him carry him hand go..
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
kropotkin2:
The EFCC under the vibrant leadership of Magu is doing an excellent job going after the PDP crooks who put us in the mess we currently find ourselves in. I know you end your fellow lovers of corruption are not happy about this, but let me tell you this: There are millions of Katsina indigenes who will go to bed tonight pleased by the fact that one of your heroes will sleep in an EFCC cell tonight. Continue to support them of. Someday they will credit your account with its proceeds

As your memory fails you just like it has failed a lot of APC Zombies. have you no recollection that the bulk of APC's 85% top ministers are defected PDP loyalists?! APC. new wine in Old skins

3 Likes

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by bart10: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
APC is clearly on a vendetta mission. Shema has shown courage but he can't get justice in Nigeria because the anti-corruption war is a ruse to hunt down political enemies. I'm surprised Fashola and Amaechi still walk freely all because they carried some dirty brooms to support Buhari. undecided

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by julius388: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello babies cheesy
How are you?
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by SirRoberto(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
kropotkin2:
Your zombiesm is incurable, dont know how much you are paid but it obvious your fellow APC zombies are reducing in number cos many are tired of defending this propagandist and nepotistic government. People like us want alleged corrupt people to be tried including many of them in APC who have deeped their hands in the cookie jar like Ameachi and Fashola to mention a few

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by franchuks(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
EFFC is working...
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Jirate(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
kropotkin2:

I am not interested in your One Sided fight against Corruption, Honestly, I am not.
Revive the Economic which has gone into Recession under the APC watch, Corruption affects us Indirectly but Poor Economic Management Hits Us all Squarely in the Face, live and Direct. None is Spared, in fact, some have already committing Suicide because of Economic Hardship and you are here talking about Sharing proceeds of corruption.
APC cannot and should not attempt to justify the present hardship with their so called Fight against Corruption. Our expectations should not be Lowered or cut short. cool

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Jirate(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
franchuks:
EFFC is working...

Working Wrongly….. cool

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by Pidggin(f): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
EFCC =APC witch hunting tool

1 Like

Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by nextprince: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
kropotkin2:
I love that. I have friends from Katsina and they are quite happy with this development. E be like say these politicians dey pay some people to dey defend them online.
Re: Shema Submits Himself To EFCC, Says "I Have Nothing To Fear" by nextprince: 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
SirRoberto:
Your zombiesm is incurable, dont know how much you are paid but it obvious your fellow APC zombies are reducing in number cos many are tired of defending this propagandist and nepotistic government. People like us want alleged corrupt people to be tried including many of them in APC who have deeped their hands in the cookie jar like Ameachi and Fashola to mention a few
Keep raising ur BP over the investigation of suspected criminals. Meanwhile, the people of Katsina are happy with this development. Let me plagiarise; someday they will credit your account. grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Challenges Citizens To Expose Corrupt Officials In Government / PDP Did Not Zone Presidential Candidacy To Yorubas In 1999 / Nigeria Earned N69.47 Billion From Solid Minerals Sector In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.