Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,782 members, 7,802,424 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics (3561 Views)

I Cannot Login To My Nairaland : / Do You Want Your Blog/site On Freebasics? / Wazobiatvnews.com Is Now On Freebasics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by LordScent(m): 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
bi0nics:

He isn't a super mod undecided

GLAD to know.

Lalasticlala we know and love.

Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Mykelpato(m): 12:07am On Sep 18, 2016
"This Site Is Isn't Redirecting properly" is the Error message I get most times when trying to visit nairaland with my laptop, I think the homepage is having issues.. . How I manage? I will just move directly to Trending section by adding "nairaland.com/trending" after sometime, I'll visit the Frontpage

Oga Seun biko fix this.. . The free basics login issues too.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by sanandreas(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2016
I have not been able to login with my Firefox browser since yesterday. I have to resort to ucweb. Freebasics can't also login my account. Seun work on your site. It is terrible accessing Nairaland.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Seun(m): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
The problem isn't nairaland but the networks. I will offer a bounty to anyone who can figure out what's causing all these weird issues.

On my browser when I can't open the home page, I hit Ctrl+Shift+R and it works, but when i return to the page again, I see the same error.

It makes no sense at all.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by joseph1832(m): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:
The problem isn't nairaland but the networks. I will offer a bounty to anyone who can figure out what's causing all these weird issues.

On my browser when I can't open the home page, I hit Ctrl+Shift+R and it works, but when i return to the page again, I see the same error.

Aren't you a programmer? I find it hard to believe that a creator don't even understand the thing he created.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Seun(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
joseph1832:
Aren't you a programmer? I find it hard to believe that a creator don't even understand the thing he created.
Of course I understand the thing I created 11 years ago, but I don't understand what the networks are doing to it. If I understood it then in all likelihood the problem would have been solved. I would urge you to refrain from commenting on this thread if you have nothing helpful to say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by lezznjr: 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
We need to apeal our ban not sending mail to the same mod that banned us.

A popular mod here has turned a female moniker to be above board. When you quote her you are banned. If you want evidence i can screenshot and send to you

Bless you! I have suggested time without number for Seun to set up a commission who reviews bans and act as mod watch.

We have a particular Dracula moderator who bans indiscriminately and is always the first to address appeals when you mail the supermods!

He's a supermod that moderates political section and has been seen on Twitter repeatedly insulting Nairalanders in general.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Bujumbura(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

Of course I understand the thing I created 11 years ago, but I don't understand what the networks are doing to it. If I understood it then in all likelihood the problem would have been solved. I would urge you to refrain from commenting on this thread if you have nothing helpful to say.
Get a good programmer to take care of this. You sound helpless which is not encouraging to Nlanders
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by joseph1832(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

Sorry. But I do have something to contribute.

I noticed this a while back, say something like 6 weeks ago.

The trick is not to log out or sign out of Nairaland. Whenever you guys are done, just don't sign out. Leave the browser as it is, then when you want to access it, just refresh or reload the page. It gives you easier access than logging in.

I use this with my phone's native browser or opera mini. So far, it's been working very fine.

Hope this helps.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by joseph1832(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
Get a good programmer to take care of this. You sound helpless which is not encouraging to Nlanders
I believe he mentioned it's a network issue. If this is so, then it's above him.

We all know just how these networks of ours behave.

Try the solution I offered above and see if it works. Remember, the trick is not to log out of NL. Always stay logged in.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Bujumbura(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
joseph1832:
I believe he mentioned it's a network issue. If this is so, then it's above him.

We all know just how these networks of ours behave.

Try the solution I offered above and see if it works. Remember, the trick is not to log out of NL. Always stay logged in.
DID I ASK YOU undecided
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by resultcase(m): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
The problem is definitely from d networks. I had issues with GLO months back. They use proxies that's been blacklisted by many servers.

I was forced to move servers for GLO users to access my sites.

And Airtel started theirs, very funny but when u mail d network providers, they don't seem to understand a bit.

I had to change my server IP for Airtel users to access my sites.

Maybe doing same might be helpful. @seun
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by CaraJewel(f): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mine is working..using it rights now...if i off my phone ..i go to browser then check my history and click on my last nl search..when it opens i just click the nl on top and the page refresh still on free basic...or i go to my speed dial and click on free basics site and click on nl
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Javanian: 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

Why don't you redirect nairaland.com to nairaland.com/home. That always works when I encounter the problem.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by olanshile2016(m): 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
LordScent:

GLAD to know.

Lalasticlala we know and love.

bro he is
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
CaraJewel:
Mine is working..using it rights now...if i off my phone ..i go to browser then check my history and click on my last nl search..when it opens i just click the nl on top and the page refresh still on free basic...or i go to my speed dial and click on free basics site and click on nl

Why not logout and see But don't say I did not warn you.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by CaraJewel(f): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
friendchoices:

Why not logout and see But don't say I did not warn you.
you warning me and u stil xayin i should do it
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
CaraJewel:
you warning me and u stil xayin i should do it

Yeah, if you log out Nairaland via freebasic, You cannot log in back.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by poppyz: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:
The ISPs are using weird proxies and I don't know how they work. Maybe I should offer a bounty to anyone who can figure out what's going on.
Bounty nice one, its cloudflare creating all those weird proxies switch it off for a week you will see no problem, I had a similar experience on my forum cloudflare proxies also conflict with freebasics proxies and mostly happens on people using freebasics with opera mini because opera also acts as proxy server
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by CaraJewel(f): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
friendchoices:

Yeah, if you log out Nairaland via freebasic, You cannot log in back.
ok..no one should logout if dey are on free basics..or jxt leave the nl page dere and refresh if dey want..they should leave free b before logging out
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
I usually encounter problem when trying to access nairaland, but is not as daunting as people here portrays. Maybe am just lucky.

Seun, I think you need to set up a team of programmers/developers for this forum. Isn't Nairaland big enough for that? You as the creator might not know it all, but having an extra hand always work magic. Work with a team, not just Mods.

In fact, i will even suggest you erect a headquarter office here in Nigeria. Take this forum to the next level pleasssss!

2 Likes

Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by dogstyle007(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Don't seem to be having any issues here in Ghana....Nairaland works very well here... Might be the network ish as Seun said....
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
friendchoices:
seun lalasticlala you have done nothing to address this issues, it has been a month now. If it has no solution, pls inform us. Am not the only 1 experiencing it..

Advice to NDLs: if you're on freebasic don't logout.
I thought it has been fixed...
It happened to my me for almost a week but its working fine....

That's what am using now...

1 Like

Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:
Try it again. I changed something this afternoon that may have helped...

It's been working since...
Tho I noticed this also but It was fixed...
Am flexing It for over one month and that's what I used to type this..
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:
Try it again. I changed something this afternoon that may have helped...
Free basics is working for me...
New problem I noticed with NL full site..
When I use my Lumia Phone Internet explorer To enter www.nairaland.com I won't open until I add www.nairaland.com/webmasters before it opens.....
That's The problem...
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
LordScent:

Free basics aside,

Seun you wouldnt by any chance be aware that your site is becoming almost impossible to access every passing day?

Ok lemme put it this way. I have tried on NUMEROUS occasion in the past few weeks (using different browsers and phones) to access nairaland and all i get is "error 402" , "cloudflare bla bla"....or just "check internet settings".......

Just before you say it must been my phone config, i must Say i access whatever site i wish to with so much ease and speed.(same could be said of nairaland before buhari's regime).. None of such ish.

Recently someone noted in my small tech group

"How do nairaland even have 1000 visitors per day with a site that one can barely access without breaking a leg" ....

There and then it occured to me i wasnt alone.

Please seun omo osewa, fix this.

Back to free basics....

Truth I even save a screenshot of that but has been deleted...
Cloudfare stuff like that
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Seun:

I think this topic should have been in programming section... We have gurus there..

dhtml
Danielthegeek
Venantcode
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mykelpato:
"This Site Is Isn't Redirecting properly" is the Error message I get most times when trying to visit nairaland with my laptop, I think the homepage is having issues.. . How I manage? I will just move directly to Trending section by adding "nairaland.com/trending" after sometime, I'll visit the Frontpage

Oga Seun biko fix this.. . The free basics login issues too.

Use www.nairaland.com/home#featured this will help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by bigtt76(f): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
It looks like an issue with NL's cloudflare settings. Freebasic uses your site's DNS to locate it's origin. This means that Freebasic is seeing NL as coming from a proxy DNS environment. Why not relax cloudflare settings to test and see. All the best bro.

Seun:

Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
I thought it has been fixed... . It happened to my me for almost a week but its working fine....

That's what am using now...
Mine not working.
Re: Seun We Cannot Login Nairaland Via Freebasics by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
friendchoices:

Mine not working.

Enter 0.freebasics.com then click Nairaland and login...
Sha I won't even try to logout because it's really helping me..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Tld Is Better .com / Com.ng / Top Nigerian Tech Websites And Their Net Worth / 15 Major Mistakes Bloggers Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.