Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? (8220 Views)

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? / How Can Jesus Be Both God And God's Son? / How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2016
armpit:
, read JOHN 14:1-END this would exposé to you how the trinity operates... NOTICE verses 6,7,9,23

All I can say to you is, may God guides you to see the truth. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dolphinheart(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2016
Smallville10:
Here is d truth... Jesus is not God of earth but d devil is...
Jesus is God d son
"god d son" is a sentence formulated by trinitarias

God is God the father
Holysprirt is God d spirit
"god d spirit" is a sentence fomulated by trinitarians

The trinity...
You dont pray to Jesus but through Jesus becasue Jesus is d way to d father
God the father is who answers prays and whom all glory and praises goes to
The holy spirit is God of inspiration and miracles... Without d holy spirit miracles cannot work. Even Jesus had d holy spirit in him.
The holyspirit is spirit from d father. But they are all one.
Dont get me wrong here because we dont serve 3 Gods but only God d father smileyHere is d truth... Jesus is not God of earth but d devil is...
so trinitarians don't serve/worship jesus?, as you said you serve only god d father!

Jesus is God d son
God is God the father
Holysprirt is God d spirit
The trinity...
You dont pray to Jesus but through Jesus becasue Jesus is d way to d father
God the father is who answers prays and whom all glory and praises goes to
The holy spirit is God of inspiration and miracles... Without d holy spirit miracles cannot work. Even Jesus had d holy spirit in him.
The holyspirit is spirit from d father. But they are all one.
Dont get me wrong here because we dont serve 3 Gods but only God d father
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by natkey: 11:47am On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

God is not man. It's clear sir. Except if you want to deny it.

Jesus explain in my previous post, you should touch him to confirm, spirit have no flesh

Jesus is Son of Woman while God is not son of man.

Understand something I am not saying you must believe, this is not Quran, its Bible, don't think I am just quoting it, I do my research. So I pray God guides you to see and be able to accept the truth. Am done with this, I don't want to continue with pointless argument when There is not ambiguity.

At last there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me"

If you can point it out, then I have no problem if you worship Jesus. Remember I said Jesus not others.

Jesus received worship. Why? If it was wrong, he would rebuke them. Jesus rebuked the pharisees and even his disciples on occasion. Why didn't he rebuke those who worshiped him? In EVERY single case where an angel was worshipped in the bible (and there are a good number of them), the angel commanded the worshipper not to. I would think that would be really important.

Again, you say it's clear but no it isn't. You have not proved that. It's not clear just because you say so. What is clear is that 'is' and 'cannot be' are not the same thing.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

Jesus received worship. Why? If it was wrong, he would rebuke them. Jesus rebuked the pharisees and even his disciples on occasion. Why didn't he rebuke those who worshiped him? In EVERY single case where an angel was worshipped in the bible (and there are a good number of them), the angel commanded the worshipper not to. I would think that would be really important.

Again, you say it's clear but no it isn't. You have not proved that. It's not clear just because you say so. What is clear is that 'is' and 'cannot be' are not the same thing.

God is not man, those that means he is man ?

"They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 15:9)"

"They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. (From the NIV Bible, Mark 7:7)"

Important Note: Please visit the "The English-translated word "Worship" doesn't mean so in the Greek Bible. Some popular Bibles don't even have the word "Worship" in them for Jesus" section below to see that the word "Worship" is a clear mistranslation and it must not be taken literally to falsely prove that Jesus is GOD Himself.

In the above verses, we see Jesus indirectly referring to what we call today the "Trinitarian Christians". He said that they will follow the religion in the wrong way, because they will follow the man-made religion, or the religion (rules) made by men.

This exactly fits the Trinitarians today, because they believe in chopping GOD Almighty into three pieces and claim that he is a triune god. Well, did you know that the word "Trinity" doesn't even exist in the Bible?!

I mean, if Trinity is the very central faith for the Christian belief, as Christians often refer to it as the "Holy Trinity". Then wouldn't you agree with me that the word itself, "Trinity", should at the very extreme least exist in the Bible?!

Did David worship Saul when he prostrated his face down to the ground before him?

Let's look at the following verses:

1 Samuel 24
7 With these words David rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.
8 Then David went out of the cave and called out to Saul, "My lord the king!" When Saul looked behind him, David bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.
9 He said to Saul, "Why do you listen when men say, 'David is bent on harming you'?

Notice how David called Saul "my lord". While this is elaborated on much greatly in this article, but I just find it quite ridiculous that trinitarian Christians use "Jesus is lord" as a desperate proof for their lies about Jesus being our so-called "Creator".

Also, when David prostrated his face down to the ground to Saul, was he worshiping Saul as if Saul was GOD Almighty?

My statement still remains

there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me"

If you can point it out, then I have no problem if you worship Jesus. Remember I said Jesus not others.

More examples:

2 Samuel 14:4
4 When the woman from Tekoa went to the king, she fell with her face to the ground to pay him honor, [/b]and she said, "Help me, O king!"

2 Samuel 14:22
22 Joab fell with his face to the ground [b]to pay him honor
, and he blessed the king. Joab said, "Today your servant knows that he has found favor in your eyes, my lord the king, because the king has granted his servant's request."

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by natkey: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

God is not man, those that means he is man ?

"They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 15:9)"

"They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. (From the NIV Bible, Mark 7:7)"

Important Note: Please visit the "The English-translated word "Worship" doesn't mean so in the Greek Bible. Some popular Bibles don't even have the word "Worship" in them for Jesus" section below to see that the word "Worship" is a clear mistranslation and it must not be taken literally to falsely prove that Jesus is GOD Himself.

In the above verses, we see Jesus indirectly referring to what we call today the "Trinitarian Christians". He said that they will follow the religion in the wrong way, because they will follow the man-made religion, or the religion (rules) made by men.

This exactly fits the Trinitarians today, because they believe in chopping GOD Almighty into three pieces and claim that he is a triune god. Well, did you know that the word "Trinity" doesn't even exist in the Bible?!

I mean, if Trinity is the very central faith for the Christian belief, as Christians often refer to it as the "Holy Trinity". Then wouldn't you agree with me that the word itself, "Trinity", should at the very extreme least exist in the Bible?!

Did David worship Saul when he prostrated his face down to the ground before him?

Let's look at the following verses:

1 Samuel 24
7 With these words David rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.
8 Then David went out of the cave and called out to Saul, "My lord the king!" When Saul looked behind him, David bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.
9 He said to Saul, "Why do you listen when men say, 'David is bent on harming you'?

Notice how David called Saul "my lord". While this is elaborated on much greatly in this article, but I just find it quite ridiculous that trinitarian Christians use "Jesus is lord" as a desperate proof for their lies about Jesus being our so-called "Creator".

Also, when David prostrated his face down to the ground to Saul, was he worshiping Saul as if Saul was GOD Almighty?

But the verses I presented didn't say prostrate. They said worship. And I didn't talk about 'Lord' either. When a man prostrates before a king, he is not worshiping him.

Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:7- You say Jesus is referring to trinitarian Christians there? That's coming from you, isn't it? That's not what the verse says. By the way, this is a quotation from Isaiah 29:13.

God is not man certainly does not mean God is man. Of course, it doesn't. But it also doesn't mean or imply that God cannot become a man. I think this is pretty plain and logical. 'I am not a farmer' does not mean 'I cannot become a farmer'. They are two different things. I think any one who's honest can agree on that.

No, the word trinity doesn't need to exist in the bible. People create words to describe ideas. Having a word for a given truth doesn't make it more true. The word 'rapture' isn't in the bible but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dolphinheart(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Who is God almighty?
Ge 17:1When Aʹbram was 99 years old, Jehovah appeared to Aʹbram and said to him: “I am God Almighty. Walk before me and prove yourself faultless.

Ex 6:3And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

who is Jehovah?
Ps 83:18May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Ps 91:1Anyone dwelling in the secret place of the Most High Will lodge under the shadow of the Almighty.

who is Jesus ?
New International Version(LUKE 1: 32,35)
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,

The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called b the Son of God.

who do the disciples call Jesus?
Joh 1:34And I have seen it, and I have given witness that this one is the Son of God.”
Joh 20:31But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name.
Mt 16:16Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Ac 9:20and immediately in the synagogues he began to preach about Jesus, that this one is the Son of God.

what did God call Jesus?
Mt 3:17Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”

who Do the demons call Jesus?

New International Version(luke 8:28)
When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don't torture me!"

I HAVE NEVER READ ANY SCRIPTURE WHERE JESUS I CALLED OR IDENTIFIED AS "GOD THE SON".
NEVER READ ANY BIBLE WHERE JESUS IS CALLED ALMIGHTY GOD.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

But the verses I presented didn't say prostrate. They said worship. And I didn't talk about 'Lord' either. When a man prostrates before a king, he is not worshiping him.

Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:7- You say Jesus is referring to trinitarian Christians there? That's coming from you, isn't it? That's not what the verse says. By the way, this is a quotation from Isaiah 29:13.

God is not man certainly does not mean God is man. Of course, it doesn't. But it also doesn't mean or imply that God cannot become a man. I think this is pretty plain and logical. 'I am not a farmer' does not mean 'I cannot become a farmer'. They are two different things. I think any one who's honest can agree on that.

No, the word trinity doesn't need to exist in the bible. People create words to describe ideas. Having a word for a given truth doesn't make it more true. The word 'rapture' isn't in the bible but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

I know you will go all the way to deny everything. What is the meaning of the word worship, it means to give honor, we have seen how the verse explain they prostrated to give honor. To worship.

King James Bible(daniel 2:48)
Then the king Nebuchadnezzar
fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

Ok present the verse Jesus himself says I am God or he says worship me, since you said he can be God.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dolphinheart(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

did daniel reject the worship?
is daniel God almighty?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Gboyee4fun(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
aminusanti:
If arguing without proofs indicate maturity then I accept am not mature. I am not ready for any blind argument here abeg!
better,
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Maamin:
OK op first of all Jesus is not God almighty but mighty God . Only Yahweh is God almighty. wink

You might need to correct your topic in other to begin with.. wink
u are yet to knw your religion my guy just keep talking until d other christian group hear u saying he not Almighty!
Read this thread and see how your xtians are battling each other for this statement that u made.

https://www.nairaland.com/908955/jesus-christ-same-god-almighty/8

This is what ur bible says pls explain to us d verse below

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6"

BUT IF WE READ BELOW YOU R POSITION

MATT 10
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Then why does Micah 5:2 say that Jesus' ORIGIN was “from early times”?

Then why does Jesus not know what God knows? (Matt. 24:36, Rev.1:1; Luke 8:45)

There are many more of this contradictions in the bible

My question to u there, is GOD the author of this confusion or Paul?

Is Jesus God? YES read (John 1:1-5) also (Hebrews 1:1-10)

Chew on those verses properly please.. grin

They answer your above query cool
Show me where he says " I am GOD(small or Big) worship me.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

So I think you're misunderstanding the concept of the trinity and Jesus' incarnation. Jesus is fully God and fully man. When Jesus came to the earth, he was functioning as a human being with a human nature. So when you read scripture, you have to read it in the light of this. Why was Jesus hungry? Why did he fall asleep? Because he was functioning as a man. We know God doesn't get hungry, tired or sleep. In the same vein, when Jesus said he didn't know the hour of his return, he was saying that as a man. As God, of course, he knows when he's coming back.

You also mentioned that when Jesus said there is none good but God, he was implying that he wasn't God; but no, you are the one giving that interpretation. This is how you should think about it. Jesus said 'Why do you call me good? There is none good but one, that is, God'. In other words, do you realize the implication of what you are saying? Does that mean you realize that I am God?
'Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is one God' First of all, you failed to mention that Jesus was making a quotation from the old testament (Deut. 6:4). How about you acknowledge and address that first and quote the full thing in its proper context?

By the way, you guys always say Jesus never said to worship him so he must not be God. This isn't true. First of all, the whole bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit. So it doesn't matter whether Jesus directly made the statement while on the earth or not. It is as much the word of God when he speaks it as when it is inspired elsewhere by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said he only spoke what he heard the Father speak - the same Father who inspired the writers of the bible through the Holy Spirit. There are lots of verses that show again and again that Jesus is in fact God. Anyway, we're talking about the issue of worship here, aren't we? There are several recorded occasions in the gospel where Jesus received worship. If you study the old testament (and even the new testament), whenever an angel of God appeared to someone, and he tried to worship the angel, the angel would always tell him not to but Jesus never rejected worship or rebuked those worshiping him. He received it. Here are some examples:

Matthew 8:2 - And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 9:18 - While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matthew 14:33 - Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

These are just a few examples. There are more but I think they drive home my point. If Jesus wasn't God, if he was merely a prophet, these were perfect moments to rebuke or correct them but he didn't.

I laughed hard really after reading this..lol
Can u see how u are forcefully trying to change verse from its original meaning!
Why is it taking forever to see jesus as a messenger despite him mentioning in many places in the bible...

I am still wondering why u pple are misquoting simple statements how would GOD be switching from man to GOD ?
The Bible says:

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man…"

Hosea 11:9 "...For I am God, and not man..."

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible:

John 8:40 "…a man who has told you the truth…"

Acts 2:22 "Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know."

Acts 17:31 "He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed"

1.Tim. 2:5 "…the man Christ Jesus."

God is not a man, but Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was a man, therefore, Jesus was not God.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by natkey: 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

I know you will go all the way to deny everything. What is the meaning of the word worship, it means to give honor, we have seen how the verse explain they prostrated to give honor. To worship.

Then the king Nebuchadnezzar
fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

Ok present the verse Jesus himself says I am God or he says worship me, since you said he can be God.

This is a good argument (I think the best one you've presented so far to counter my worship argument). I suggest going back to the Aramaic/Hebrew and Greek to get the original meanings. I looked up the Greek word for two cases: one where an angel commanded John not to worship him in the book of Revelation and also the ones where they worshiped Jesus. I found that they both come from the same root Greek word. I am no Greek scholar, but I think there isn't a conflict there. The Daniel case is different because right after that verse, the king goes on to proclaim that Daniel's God is a God of gods. So he recognized that Daniel wasn't God. There is a difference there.

You want me to present a verse where Jesus himself says, 'I am God' or 'worship me'? Can I first ask why this is necessary to validate the trinity doctrine?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by natkey: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
aminusanti:

I laughed hard really after reading this..lol
Can u see how u are forcefully trying to change verse from its original meaning!
Why is it taking forever to see jesus as a messenger despite him mentioning in many places in the bible...

I am still wondering why u pple are misquoting simple statements how would GOD be switching from man to GOD ?
The Bible says:

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man…"

Hosea 11:9 "...For I am God, and not man..."

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible:

John 8:40 "…a man who has told you the truth…"

Acts 2:22 "Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know."

Acts 17:31 "He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed"

1.Tim. 2:5 "…the man Christ Jesus."

God is not a man, but Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was a man, therefore, Jesus was not God.

Yes, Jesus is fully man and fully God. He is the Son of Man and Son of God. The problem here is you are being selective with verses. I am not disputing that Jesus was a man. All the verses you presented only show that he was a man. Perfect. I agree with that. But he was and is God too. He had to be a man to redeem mankind.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

This is a good argument (I think the best one you've presented so far to counter my worship argument). I suggest going back to the Aramaic/Hebrew and Greek to get the original meanings. I looked up the Greek word for two cases: one where an angel commanded John not to worship him in the book of Revelation and also the ones where they worshiped Jesus. I found that they both come from the same root Greek word. I am no Greek scholar, but I think there isn't a conflict there. The Daniel case is different because right after that verse, the king goes on to proclaim that Daniel's God is a God of gods. So he recognized that Daniel wasn't God. There is a difference there.

You want me to present a verse where Jesus himself says, 'I am God' or 'worship me'? Can I first ask why this is necessary to validate the trinity doctrine?

I have not come to Trinity, we will discuss that, what I am interested now is a verse where Jesus himself said he is God? For I am God not a man

So if there is tell me, if there is not answer me. Let's agree on this first, then what makes him God.

After this then I will move to Trinity in the next post in full

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

Yes, Jesus is fully man and fully God. He is the Son of Man and Son of God. The problem here is you are being selective with verses. I am not disputing that Jesus was a man. All the verses you presented only show that he was a man. Perfect. I agree with that. But he was and is God too. He had to be a man to redeem mankind.

Pls what kind of God? Almighty ?
Pls define God?

The same jesus that couldn't help others n himself?
If Jesus is God one would expect him to admit he is good in the sense that God is good, meaning perfect. However when we read the Bible we see that Jesus denies being good in the sense that God is good which is perfect. Here are the passages:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

It is very strange that when we read the Bible, we find that Jesus was sent to preach to a specific nation only, not mankind. One would expect to find Jesus being sent to all of mankind if he was God, rather what we find is that Jesus just like all the other prophets, was sent to a specific nation only:

Mat 15:24  But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

One glaring problem the Christians have is that Jesus prayed, and had a God himself. This logically lets us conclude that Jesus cannot be God. The logical thing to do is worship and pray to the one Jesus prayed to. If Jesus told you that he had a God, would you honestly take Jesus as God? The logical answer is no, but Christians throw all logic out when it comes to their Bible.

So Jesus prays and has a God, how un-Godly is that?

God comes out of a woman? God is a helpless baby?
It is utter blasphemy to claim that God came out of a women like all people, it is utter blasphemy to claim God came out crying and screaming and being helpless and weak.

Last thing I want to tell is read Qur'an with open mind, compare what qur'an said about Jesus (PBH) n the one of bible and see for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
aminusanti:

Pls what kind of God? Almighty ?
Pls define God?

The same jesus that couldn't help others n himself?
If Jesus is God one would expect him to admit he is good in the sense that God is good, meaning perfect. However when we read the Bible we see that Jesus denies being good in the sense that God is good which is perfect. Here are the passages:

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

It is very strange that when we read the Bible, we find that Jesus was sent to preach to a specific nation only, not mankind. One would expect to find Jesus being sent to all of mankind if he was God, rather what we find is that Jesus just like all the other prophets, was sent to a specific nation only:

Mat 15:24  But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

One glaring problem the Christians have is that Jesus prayed, and had a God himself. This logically lets us conclude that Jesus cannot be God. The logical thing to do is worship and pray to the one Jesus prayed to. If Jesus told you that he had a God, would you honestly take Jesus as God? The logical answer is no, but Christians throw all logic out when it comes to their Bible.

So Jesus prays and has a God, how un-Godly is that?

God comes out of a woman? God is a helpless baby?
It is utter blasphemy to claim that God came out of a women like all people, it is utter blasphemy to claim God came out crying and screaming and being helpless and weak.

Last thing I want to tell is read Qur'an with open mind, compare what qur'an said about Jesus (PBH) n the one of bible and see for yourself.

Even Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him that was sent to all mankind, Non of the Muslim claim he is God or son of God. Talkles of Jesus peace be upon him that was sent to only specific people.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

For I am God is not a man. sir. How can he be God and Man despite the verse. God is not man sir and he cannot lie to be man.

God is not the author of confusion. The true Bible revealed is not as exactly as it was. ist God that author it or someone else.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by bigybanty02(m): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

The original Bible doesn't exist sir. The original Bible is revealed in Hebrew, it was translated to English. The present day by Bible you see in Hebrew is translated from English. God can never begot, its function of Animals.

Let's leave this, point out a single an ambiguous statement in the Bible where Jesus himself said I am God or he says worship me.
ooh Mr just keep calm. when we say Jesus is the son of God we dnt mean physicaly that's a pure blasphemous statement to us, so sad muhammed (punishment be upon him ) never understood what Christians believed, being a sex champion he thought the only way his god can have a child is through sex well I dnt blame him tho. Sir when we say Jesus is the son of GOD, we men Jesus is divinity originate from the father in internal relationship with the father, Jesus is internaly the son of GOD because he shares in the same divine nature of the father and sir we dnt belive Jesus is the son of GOD because he had no human father we believe Jesus is the son of God even before he was born. Now this is what we know about trinity we believe the father,the son and the holy spirit as one God works in perfect union with one another for example look at what Christ said in john5 vs 19>21i tell you the truth the son can do noting on his own he only do want he sees the father doing this is to prove to u the nature of trinity, here the son is saying he is only doing what he sees his father doing if he is a different deity from the father, he would have been doing his own thing and the father will be doing his own separately but because he is one with the father they are working in perfect union with one another. plz sir show me where muhammed said he only do what he sees his allah doing did he ever make such claim? infact let me even leave a false prophet aside let's go back to the true prophet did any of the old prophet ever make such claim? If Jesus was a muslim he will never make such claim,glory to his holy name he is not a muslim he is the God of all Muslims including muhammed,and again look at this chapter and see what Christ said. John16 vs 15 I have much more to tell you but you can not bear them now but when he the spirit of truth comes he will guide you in to all truth he will not speak on his own but he will speak of what he hears and will tell you the things to come he will give me glory because he will take what is mine and give it to you all that the father has is mine that is why I said he will take what is mine and give it to you. this is another prove they are working in perfect union with one another,here Christ is saying that the spirit will take what belong to him and the father,again if the spirit is a different deity from the father and son he would have been doing his own thing separately but because the spirit is one in union with the father and the son that why he took what belongs to the father and the son,again this is to show you the concept of trinity they are working in perfect union with one another. Sir if Christ was seeing him self as a mere prophet he will never make this kind of claim that every thing that belongs to God also belongs to him and some one will take what belongs to him and God, am sure u know that no mere prophet can say such thing because they know its a Pure blasphemy against God,and the funny thing is that you muslim claim that this chapter of th bible is taking about an antichrist namely muhammed looool i bless you in the name of the father ,son and the holy spirit AMEN!!
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

Even Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him that was sent to all mankind, Non of the Muslim claim he is God or son of God. Talkles of Jesus peace be upon him that was sent to only specific people.
That's it. How I wish these guys will open their hearts to study Qur'an with good intention, they will surely come to d understanding that they hav been fooling themselves all this while...look what Allah is saying n warning to these unbelievers yet they will simply tell u it's copy n paste from bible or it's from Satan..wallahi the truth is beyond clear when you read and understand Qur'an. May Allah reward you for your endless contribution and may He keep us on the straight path. Ameen

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
[s]
bigybanty02:
ooh Mr just keep calm. when we say Jesus is the son of God we dnt mean physicaly that's a pure blasphemous statement to us, so sad muhammed (punishment be upon him ) never understood what Christians believed, being a sex champion he thought the only way his god can have a child is through sex well I dnt blame him tho. Sir when we say Jesus is the son of GOD, we men Jesus is divinity originate from the father in internal relationship with the father, Jesus is internaly the son of GOD because he shares in the same divine nature of the father and sir we dnt belive Jesus is the son of GOD because he had no human father we believe Jesus is the son of God even before he was born. Now this is what we know about trinity we believe the father,the son and the holy spirit as one God works in perfect union with one another for example look at what Christ said in john5 vs 19>21i tell you the truth the son can do noting on his own he only do want he sees the father doing this is to prove to u the nature of trinity, here the son is saying he is only doing what he sees his father doing if he is a different deity from the father, he would have been doing his own thing and the father will be doing his own separately but because he is one with the father they are working in perfect union with one another. plz sir show me where muhammed said he only do what he sees his allah doing did he ever make such claim? infact let me even leave a false prophet aside let's go back to the true prophet did any of the old prophet ever make such claim? If Jesus was a muslim he will never make such claim,glory to his holy name he is not a muslim he is the God of all Muslims including muhammed,and again look at this chapter and see what Christ said. John16 vs 15 I have much more to tell you but you can not bear them now but when he the spirit of truth comes he will guide you in to all truth he will not speak on his own but he will speak of what he hears and will tell you the things to come he will give me glory because he will take what is mine and give it to you all that the father has is mine that is why I said he will take what is mine and give it to you. this is another prove they are working in perfect union with one another,here Christ is saying that the spirit will take what belong to him and the father,again if the spirit is a different deity from the father and son he would have been doing his own thing separately but because the spirit is one in union with the father and the son that why he took what belongs to the father and the son,again this is to show you the concept of trinity they are working in perfect union with one another. Sir if Christ was seeing him self as a mere prophet he will never make this kind of claim that every thing that belongs to God also belongs to him and some one will take what belongs to him and God, am sure u know that no mere prophet can say such thing because they know its a Pure blasphemy against God,and the funny thing is that you muslim claim that this chapter of th bible is taking about an antichrist namely muhammed looool i bless you in the name of the father ,son and the holy spirit AMEN!!
[/s]

Next time write well and make it clear with paragraphs. What point do you made now. Your God, my God, God of Jibril, Muhammad peace be upon him, God of the slave named Isah [Jesus peace be upon him is Allah. The example of Jesus is same as Adam (a.s) they were both created from dust.

There is not a single Verse in the Corrupted different versions of Bible where Jesus himself said I am God or he says worship me. Jesus was nothing but a man and servant.

إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسَى عِندَ اللّهِ كَمَثَلِ آدَمَ خَلَقَهُ مِن تُرَابٍ ثِمَّ قَالَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ
:
Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.

Jesus (pbum) the slave of Allah worship the God of Abraham (pbum)

مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيّاً وَلاَ نَصْرَانِيّاً وَلَكِن كَانَ حَنِيفاً مُّسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

67. Abraham was not a Jew, nor a Christian; but he was one pure of faith and Muslim (who submitted to God with a sound heart). He was never of those who associate partners with God.13

God has glorified the servant/ the slave Jesus pbum

" The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. Act 3:13

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by natkey: 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

I have not come to Trinity, we will discuss that, what I am interested now is a verse where Jesus himself said he is God? For I am God not a man

So if there is tell me, if there is not answer me. Let's agree on this first, then what makes him God.

After this then I will move to Trinity in the next post in full

Okay. So you want a verse where Jesus says 'I am God' or 'worship me' exactly? Anywhere in the bible?

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
bigybanty02:
What sort of rubbish write-up is dis abeg?

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
natkey:

Okay. So you want a verse where Jesus says 'I am God' or 'worship me' exactly? Anywhere in the bible?

You now get my point. If none what so special that makes him God. ?.?.?

Remember we discussed some things before with you. So don't bring them again. All what you brought I reply you from the previous argument that you claim he is God and man.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
aminusanti:

That's it. How I wish these guys will open their hearts to study Qur'an with good intention, they will surely come to d understanding that they hav been fooling themselves all this while...look what Allah is saying n warning to these unbelievers yet they will simply tell u it's copy n paste from bible or it's from Satan..wallahi the truth is beyond clear when you read and understand Qur'an. May Allah reward you for your endless contribution and may He keep us on the straight path. Ameen

Ameen Jazakallahu Khairan

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by bigybanty02(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:
[s][/s]

Next time write well and make it clear with paragraphs. What point do you made now. Your God, my God, God of Jibril, Muhammad peace be upon him, God of the slave named Isah [Jesus peace be upon him is Allah. The example of Jesus is same as Adam (a.s) they were both created from dust.

There is not a single Verse in the Corrupted different versions of Bible where Jesus himself said I am God or he says worship me. Jesus was nothing but a man and servant.

إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسَى عِندَ اللّهِ كَمَثَلِ آدَمَ خَلَقَهُ مِن تُرَابٍ ثِمَّ قَالَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ
:
Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.

Jesus (pbum) the slave of Allah worship the God of Abraham (pbum)

مَا كَانَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ يَهُودِيّاً وَلاَ نَصْرَانِيّاً وَلَكِن كَانَ حَنِيفاً مُّسْلِماً وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

67. Abraham was not a Jew, nor a Christian; but he was one pure of faith and Muslim (who submitted to God with a sound heart). He was never of those who associate partners with God.13

God has glorified the servant/ the slave Jesus pbum

"The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him.
. Loool like seriously? Sir how in the world can Adam have parents? when he is the fist human being loooool sir use ur brain Adam is the first human he can't have a father or mother, u kept saying Christ never demand for worship owk take a look at this verse john 5 vs 21 to 23. Plz sir how do u honor ur God ?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
bigybanty02:
. Loool like seriously? Sir how in the world can Adam have parents? when he is the fist human being loooool sir use ur brain Adam is the first human he can't have a father or mother, u kept saying Christ never demand for worship owk take a look at this verse john 5 vs 21 to 23. Plz sir how do u honor ur God ?
Show us where he said Adam got parent pls??

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by bigybanty02(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
aminusanti:

What sort of rubbish write-up is dis abeg?

lol the rubbish u will never understand in ur life because u ar spiritualy blind !!
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
bigybanty02:

What is your problem sir? Do you even read it, point out where I said Adam peace be upon him has father

What was written is, Jesus + Adam = They are made with soil (dust). Go back and re-read.

Write the John 5:21 for every one to see before I reply to it. The thread is for the benefit of All not you only. I did not refer you to any verse, all my point are all present here. Write it down here, so that all can see, if you're saying the truth.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
bigybanty02:
lol the rubbish u will never understand in ur life because u ar spiritualy blind !!
Blind Indeed! If you die worshiping Jesus as GOD you will regret your existence I swear.
You christians should be ashamed of yourselves for ascribing such rubbish to God.

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs"

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by bigybanty02(m): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
FriendChoice:

What is your problem sir? Do you even read it, point out where I said Adam peace be upon him has father

What was written is, Jesus + Adam = They are made with soil (dust). Go back and re-read.

Write the John 5:21 for every one to see before I reply to it. The thread is for the benefit of All not you only. I did not refer you to any verse. Write it down here, so that all can see, if you're saying the truth.
. Oh no !! Bros I understand ur point, am only trying to tell u why Adam was created in that way. john5 vs 22 Nor the father him self judge anyone. but he has given his son the full right to judge, so that all will honor the son in the same way they honor they've father. Sir how do u honor ur god? and plz explain what Christ said in this verse
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by bigybanty02(m): 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
aminusanti:

Blind Indeed! If you die worshiping Jesus as GOD you will regret your existence I swear.
You christians should be ashamed of yourselves for ascribing such rubbish to God.

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs"
. Mr no need to swear ok. and I really pity ur soul if u die without accepting Jesus as ur lord and saviour,i know it's already late for Muhammed but thank God u still have time to make the right decision .
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
bigybanty02:
. Oh no !! Bros I understand ur point, am only trying to tell u why Adam was created in that way. john5 vs 22 Nor the father him self judge anyone. but he has given his son the full right to judge, so that all will honor the son in the same way they honor they've father. Sir how do u honor ur god? and plz explain what Christ said in this verse

We honor him in many ways, one of it is by not associating partners was Him, by praying, by following his instruction. So what's there, Jesus says he was God or What.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? / Kolanut And Spiritual Uses / Benny Hinn Dating Paula White? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.