Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG (59671 Views)

UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC / Police Arrests Adeyeye Olorunfemi, UNILAG Student Rusticated Over Facebook Post / Adeyeye Olorunfemi Rusticated In UNILAG For Facebook Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by elvision1(m): 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Did he just call Johnathan a mistake of a president?

i think say na only me see am. I read that part like 4times. Lwkm cheesy
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by 2sexynet: 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
amdoyin82:
that is why nairaland has been my best learning platform. I have learnt somtin right about now from dis dude. His words, "he who run away from a fight will live to fight anoda day". I so much cherished those words and will keep to use.
my pleasure.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
melanch:
It is a good thing to remain calm in some situations. In Nigeria, we shouldn't take things seriously. As a youth, it's high time we stopped talking or writing against the government and start developing ourselves to touch lives. Writing heavy essays, protesting (putting our lives in jeopardy) and arguing about how government is bad didn't and won't solve any problem. We can only solve the problem by investing in ourselves, empowering our fellow youths and be the best we can be. Let's be our government.
I don't quite get this. I'd be glad if you can be more explicit.

Kindly expatiate, pls.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by dlux: 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
I think Nigerian Students have lost her Aluta spirit and most institutions are taking advantage of this. What ever happened to freedom of speech and expression? Post freely on platforms such as http://castgist.com
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
AnalyticEngine:
Although the guy is very foolish, I admire and covet his boldness and command of english

How is he foolish?We need more of him among Nigerian youths.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
DBriteLitehouse:

Pls go to page 2 and 3 and read my comments. Thanks
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Thobiy(m): 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
melanch:
It is a good thing to remain calm in some situations. In Nigeria, we shouldn't take things seriously. As a youth, it's high time we stopped talking or writing against the government and start developing ourselves to touch lives. Writing heavy essays, protesting (putting our lives in jeopardy) and arguing about how government is bad didn't and won't solve any problem. We can only solve the problem by investing in ourselves, empowering our fellow youths and be the best we can be. Let's be our government.
Well written
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by mamaafrik(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
You minister of Education,minister of state of edu,mr. President and his "change wailers",you asked for change and this is what this guy clamours for,if he is punished unjustly,you shall invoke the wrath of almighty God and your children will be silenced unjustly.where are those silly senator and reps.??.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Tolupage(m): 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
LorDBolton:

Yea but not two semesters infact rustication wasn't necessary

Simple 'probation' would have sufficed instead

Also the boy spoke the truth, go and check out foreign countries even RSA schools have R&grin labs

Here ASUU will strike for senseless reasons

Yeah but even in foreign/ developed countries you don't publicly defame/challenge one's cert without hard prove to back up such claims.
"that's only where I think he went too far"
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by abbey621(m): 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

The problem I have with dullards like you is that you have serious reading comprehension problems. No one is saying he shouldn't speak out but rather, he should speak out rightly. Go and read Soyinka's, Lamido's, Obasanjo's etc. open letters and articles criticising wrong policies by the government and you will sustain wisdom on how to communicate grievances openly. You wouldn't see any form of insults whatsoever. That is how intelligent people approach issues and not throwing tantrums like an amateur that his letter lucidly portrays. People like you always end up relating daft opinions due to myopic and premature analysis in your quest to sound intelligent

You're still a kid and have no experience outside your immediate surrounding,you operate on theories not reality. Come back and have a civil discussion when you've met with CEOs, VPs and other key decision makers on a daily basis. Come back online and have a discuss when you understand the true meaning of democracy and what freedom of speech truly means. Till then to argue with you is not worth neither my time nor my energy!

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
sinaj:
If it were to be in a sane country, the president would have called him and made sure the matter is looked into objectively.

But no, they will all play deaf till this case get international recognition undecided

With or without school, this dude is already successful.
Schooling isn't education, that's why we have successful people that never went to school.

I admire his courage and anyone that passed through the system will understand that Education in Nigeria is rotten and is only living on past glory.
for instance!schooling in uniport is a waste... I can't even get 'my OWN ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT ' and it's over 7years,all they say is that they don't give out to individuals. but why?!!!!! how I wish we had a good judiciary system to sue these çöçkheads.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
DBriteLitehouse:

true talk bro!!we really need duplicates of this guy scattered in all zones of this country.

the bullying of youths in this Nigeria by the survivors of the Nigerian civil war must stop.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
abbey621:

You're still a kid and have no experience outside your immediate surrounding,you operate on theories not reality. Come back and have a civil discussion when you've met with CEOs, VPs and other key decision makers on a daily basis. Come back online and have a discuss when you understand the true meaning of democracy and what freedom of speech truly means. Till then to argue with you is not worth neither my time nor my energy!

I am not arguing with u, I am educating you. Every aspect of practicality has its foundational apriori hypothesis. It is amazing that you still reason in such a pathetic manner having engaged with CEOs, VPs etc. Such rare exposure is supposed to fine tune your perception. The scope of freedom of speech is limited to the extent to which it will not impinge on the personality and dignity of the receptor because dignity and freedom from verbal assault is their basic right to. Get the 1999 constitution and educate yourself on what freedom of speech is. Or better still, google wikipedia. Freedom of speech means expressing your opinion without government's interference and it has its restrictions. You are not to use freedom of speech to promote national disunity. In the process of exercising your constitutionally permitted franchise, you are not to insult or abuse. The young man contravened the latter hence rendering his fundamental right invalid. Read the boy's write up again and see how he insulted the management. It is evident u didn't read it properly and your zeal to comment did not give u ample time to analyse the issues at hand.

1 Like

Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by abbey621(m): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

I am not arguing with u, I am educating you. Every aspect of practicality has its foundational apriori hypothesis. It is amazing that you still reason in such a pathetic manner having engaged with CEOs, VPs etc. Such rare exposure is supposed to fine tune your perception. The scope of freedom of speech is limited to the extent to which it will not impinge on the personality and dignity of the receptor because dignity and freedom from verbal assault is their basic right to. Get the 1999 constitution and educate yourself on what freedom of speech is. Or better still, google wikipedia. Freedom of speech means expressing your opinion without government's interference and it has its restrictions. You are not to use freedom of speech to promote national disunity. In the process of exercising your constitutionally permitted franchise, you are not to insult or abuse. The young man contravened the latter hence rendering his fundamental right invalid. Read the boy's write up again and see how he insulted the management. It is evident u didn't read it properly and your zeal to comment did not give u ample time to analyse the issues at hand.

I already told you there's no need to argue, we do not reason on the same level neither are we in the same environment. Your idea of Democracy is tied to the 1999 Nigerian Constitution while mine is tied to the Democracy being practiced by advanced societies, where I live anyone can write a criticism of any institution(Democracy), where you live such criticism must be politically correct(Autocracy). There's just no way we can ever see eye to eye, the bold part of your comment alone is like comedy to me grin grin grin
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by mikolo80: 12:10am On Sep 19, 2016
xreal:
Hmmm.

But, I think he should start looking at admission into other universities. I mean 2 years?
Some schools will even remain quiet after the period of rustication elapses.
you wen gradGE in 4 years how e epp you
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by paulibling(m): 12:22am On Sep 19, 2016
i cant believe Nigeria still have great guy like this. i see greatness in his future. this is definition of intrepidity. ride boy.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 19, 2016
abbey621:

I already told you there's no need to argue, we do not reason on the same level neither are we in the same environment. Your idea of Democracy is tied to the 1999 Nigerian Constitution while mine is tied to the Democracy being practiced by advanced societies, where I live anyone can write a criticism of any institution(Democracy), where you live such criticism must be politically correct(Autocracy). There's just no way we can ever see eye to eye, the bold part of your comment alone is like comedy to me grin grin grin

I would have ignored u but then u'll start thinking you are wise. The 1999 Nigerian Constitution's freedom of speech was adopted from the world referendum on such matter and hence it must subscribe to the generally accepted 'world' view on that subject. That Nigeria has abused democracy doesn't change the fact that the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution on the definition of freedom of speech is consistent with that of the global society. If this guy had written this write up in United States for instance, although authorities would have looked into the matter, nevertheless, he could have earned some charges to his detriment. Therefore, one must engage his right to speak in a manner as prescribed by the constitution. I trust that u're jotting and taking notes of this lecture
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by winnah(f): 12:59am On Sep 19, 2016
melanch:
criticism matters a lot. At this point, it outline a problem and if properly check it will achieved it's purpose. It's nice to criticise but it will be more proper when it's a constructive criticism.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by winnah(f): 1:18am On Sep 19, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

I would have ignored u but then u'll start thinking you are wise. The 1999 Nigerian Constitution's freedom of speech was adopted from the world referendum on such matter and hence it must subscribe to the generally accepted 'world' view on that subject. That Nigeria has abused democracy doesn't change the fact that the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution on the definition of freedom of speech is consistent with that of the global society. If this guy had written this write up in United States for instance, although authorities would have looked into the matter, nevertheless, he could have earned some charges to his detriment. Therefore, one must engage his right to speak in a manner as prescribed by the constitution. I trust that u're jotting and taking notes of this lecture
This argument is quite interesting, there's what people fail to know that there is a freedom of speech; that must not give you right to speak unguarded. "There is a freedom of speech, but let me re-assure you that there's no freedom after speech.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 19, 2016
winnah:

This argument is quite interesting, there's what people fail to know that there is a freedom of speech; that must not give you right to speak unguarded. "There is a freedom of speech, but let me re-assure you that there's no freedom after speech.

Exactly.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by LorDBolton(m): 3:40am On Sep 19, 2016
Tolupage:

Yeah but even in foreign/ developed countries you don't publicly defame/challenge one's cert without hard prove to back up such claims.
"that's only where I think he went too far"

Maybe u read it through the eyes of the VC n senate well I read mine through the eyes of change

The VC should read this and be inspired not angry... he should go and defend his certificate he should retool the school to become the bedrock of change in naija

Agreed the boy could have toned down the rhetoric but he only stated the fact, the academia has failed nigeria

This is why till today I have zero respect for wole soyinka... what I expected him to do for years now was to be at the forefront of cleaning up our edu system of secret cults but. NO till today I haven't seen any such action.

Schools train nigerians to embrace suffering and deprivation, oppression and manipulation

Don't you find it funny the senate didn't feel the need to respond by offering a more enlightened rebuttal and listing out their practical contributions to society? Ok rusticate him infact assasinate the boy no wahala but Issue a press release to show us the boy was wrong nd indeed they have done a lot to improve naija?

I love pmb but A man was arrested for naming his dog Buhari and the president didn't step in to quash the case? I'm beginning to loose hope in change and indeed nigeria because we do not react to the main issues.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by abbey621(m): 3:47am On Sep 19, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Please stop saying what you don't know,I live and work in the USA and the bold part of your comment is a LIE! I already told you there won't be an argument, it would be unfair of me to hold you to the same standards as intellectuals over here in the States. I'm off to bed!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by captain11: 5:00am On Sep 19, 2016
Pls, approach human Rights layers, person like Femi falana, most of the panelists can even express their self. pls, my brother you have a case. Almighty Allah will put to shame. Write to the national assembly and state assembly. justice must prevail. in fact copy presidency. we 'er behind you. your voice we head by those in authority.
May Almighty Allah bless Nigeria students.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by sinaj(f): 5:03am On Sep 19, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
for instance!schooling in uniport is a waste... I can't even get 'my OWN ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT ' and it's over 7years,all they say is that they don't give out to individuals. but why?!!!!! how I wish we had a good judiciary system to sue these çöçkheads.
lol judiciary system, hope u gat ur money ready coz d system isn't for people like us
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by excel001(m): 5:09am On Sep 19, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Did he just call Johnathan a mistake of a president?

That's another fault i spotted in his writeup, you don't see a man who occupied an elective position no matter how little talk of a seat of a president as never to have been. Despite the recession, chasing of shadow and misplacement of priorities in this present government, I can't remember ever calling president Buhari a mistake because i have felt the heat of an election and fully know that power comes from God. What does he want the economics lecturer and others he mentioned to do to our economy and structure? How does it relate to UniLag warefare in question? Why isn't he a member of the student union or SRC? I find his attack insulting and personal. I used to have his type in my university days who only resort to social network to speak grammer while we do the real union struggle. (am now waiting for my NYSC sha) ALUTA CONTINUA!!!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by woodfrank(m): 5:11am On Sep 19, 2016
Oche211:

And who told u it's bullshit. That's d problem with we Nigerians. We don't take things that matters seriously.
U see the post as bullshit bt u want to make Ftc on the same thread.
Sorry dude, u've lost out on that one cos someone else is already Ftc.

As in ehn! A post as interesting as this. I enjoyed every bit of the write-up. The guy is too gbaski, abeg!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by megabeatsonline: 5:27am On Sep 19, 2016
As students are we utilising past questions to their full? Correct usage can actually boost our chances of passing. Jobbers practice GMAT past questions. Its all about Full UTILISATION. check http://genesisonlinetutorials..co.ke/2016/09/exam-tips-past-questions-benefits-of-hind-sight.html
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by moshould(m): 5:41am On Sep 19, 2016
Missing in action.. that is not convenient for any developing process...especially our education sector..sit dowon look no pay..
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by moshould(m): 5:45am On Sep 19, 2016
So you went to school, juz to finish studying and start looking for job right I swear u be #OZWO....senior Muntula!!!!
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by walexsho(m): 6:30am On Sep 19, 2016
melanch:
Youth should fold arms and look? Government came up with the theme ''change begins with me'' will that change come when we all keep quiet. The Youth are being killed just as Pharaoh killed male children when he was told the person who will challenge his tyranny is to come
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by walexsho(m): 6:40am On Sep 19, 2016
excel001:

That's another fault i spotted in his writeup, you don't see a man who occupied an elective position no matter how little talk of a seat of a president as never to have been. Despite the recession, chasing of shadow and misplacement of priorities in this present government, I can't remember ever calling president Buhari a mistake because i have felt the heat of an election and fully know that power comes from God. What does he want the economics lecturer and others he mentioned to do to our economy and structure? How does it relate to UniLag warefare in question? Why isn't he a member of the student union or SRC? I find his attack insulting and personal. I used to have his type in my university days who only resort to social network to speak grammer while we do the real union struggle. (am now waiting for my NYSC sha) ALUTA CONTINUA!!!
Which of Your ALUTA has ever Continua. The SUG never ended winning protest just because of people like you. The guy in his write was trying to remind the Drs and Profs there responsibility to the society rather than tormenting Innocent students. The ASUU industrial actions I've ever seen was meant for the welfarism of themselves and not for students.
Re: Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 19, 2016
Mehn! I like this guts..........wish all students are like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Les Six Elements De La Communication / Professor's Nude Photos: UNILAG Releases Press Statement. / More Photos From Riot In Uniagric Makurdi This Morning. School Closed Indefinite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.