Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle (16223 Views)

$550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / $29.9b Loans: Senators Set Another Hurdle For Buhari / Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by stag: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
But how does 40% of $550 amount to $320?

1 Like

Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by Sylvester665: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello babies cheesy
How are you?
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by samsard(m): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
goldenceo1:
All does calling d man names won't pray for their father to loss dis kind of case.. it's a big win for Apc elites n their cronies n a big lost for Nnaka n d poor Nigerians who can neva see a penny frm dis moni.
Do you have any grey matter in that big head of yours at all? So you would rather have one greedy individual collect 320 million dollars, than have the FG collect the money to solve the numerous problems bedeviling us as a nation. Your case is just pathetic. SMH.
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by Truly1: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
davodyguy:
This is just greed from a wicked IPOB of Biafra republic.

Total money is $550m
One bastardised fellow is claiming $320
Nigeria then gets $230m

This guy must be sent by those supporting the avengers and other economic saboteurs
Yes o my brother, these IPOB people and money sha!. No patriotism when it comes to money and that's why they are always wailing!

1 Like

Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by SAHACO(m): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
GenBuhari:
Legal hurdle my foot.

The white man is a thief.

Still clearing legal hurdles 20 years after Abacha death and we have still not received our money.

Funny how there is never any legal hurdles when they are facilitating and partnering corrupt politicians to steal the money and deposit in their bank account.

Incidentally Abacha was no looter. He was a great leader and managed our resources prudently , but white man wants us to hate our heroes and to admire our traitors like Thief Obasanjo.

which one you dey
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by chidozieikeji2: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
Davash222:
Re-looting the Loot... That will be there next step now.

Abeg, make them no repatriate any money cos we will still not see the money.
america shud not send that money back america should direct all dia companies to use dat money and fix all our bad roads and electricity if they give nigeria dat money our politicians will share it among demselves and it makes no sense again or they shud give it back to abacha family dan sending it back to our government
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by chidozieikeji2: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Buhari needs to table an apology to the whole nation this man called buhari told us that abacha didn't steal and now he is about to receive 550 million dollars from america from the abacha loot which he denied earlier
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by agabusta: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
PFRB:
Can any body here tell us what happened. How did the lawyer come to be claiming any money at all.

https://www.nairaland.com/3340495/550million-abacha-loot-mr-nnaka
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by tolufase: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
This is pretty bad for a lawyer to be asking to be paid $320 million out of $550 million. Just one person wants to earn more than over 180 million Nigerians.
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by SAHACO(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
patrickmuf:
Don't be silly, when PMB made that statement some many years ago, no security agency had indicted Abacha nor court of competent jurisdiction had pronounced Abacha guilty so what exactly is your point? I see you're in to twisting facts.
So we need to indict him, a deadman listen to yourself.
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by rafcrown(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
NNAKA aka ABACHA 2.IBO AND EGO (money) JUST LIKE TEA AND BREAD.40% ?WHY NOT 50/50.BARAO.
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by menxer: 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
jasinto:
The lawyer ought to have asked for 10% of the fund as his legal fees which appears reasonable.

And also, how come $320m is 40% of $550m, Vanguard Newspaper no sabi maths again?

I was wondering if I am that dumb at maths.
40% of $550 = $220

But then it's still outrageous
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
Chai see greediness
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by patrickmuf(m): 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
SAHACO:

So we need to indict him, a deadman listen to yourself.
I don't like it when people like you quote me...

1 Like

Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by Uncletony(m): 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ddaji:
****1trillion of our collective wealth for doing nothing. The desperate IBO lawyer is worse then Abacha. The criminal and his supporters can now bury their head in shame.
Nice effort AGF MALAMI.
God bless PMB
God bless good nigerians
Shame to anti progress animals

& u are worse than buhari who said abacha never looted. Yeye dude
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by harmony34: 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
@nnachuks. Your brother nnaka want to stop the repatriation. It is glaring is working for biafrans, GEJITEs, abdulsalam, and IBB so that this government wil fail. God wil continue to punish them including you
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by Izonpikin: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
patrickmuf:
Don't be silly, when PMB made that statement some many years ago, no security agency had indicted Abacha nor court of competent jurisdiction had pronounced Abacha guilty so what exactly is your point? I see you're in to twisting facts.
the fact is that Buhari knew he stole those monies and still went ahead to say abacha was a saint nonetheless...

Must you guys be zombies 247

Indicted or not Buhari knew abacha was a thief...

Even the Buhari na thief too... undecided
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by Nychillax(m): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
Bari22:
It's good, they will come at appropriate time, at the time when nigeria is in dare need of forex, at a time when the president focus on improvement of livelihood of his citizens. If this money came two years back it might have been in mama piss account. God bless PMB, God bless Nigeria.

Hahahahahahahahaha grin
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by pressplay411(m): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2016
Ddaji:
****1trillion of our collective wealth for doing nothing. The desperate IBO lawyer is worse then Abacha. The criminal and his supporters can now bury their head in shame.
Nice effort AGF MALAMI.
God bless PMB
God bless good nigerians
Shame to anti progress animals

I doubt we've heard the last of this. The ibo lawyer is either the greediest MF alive or he's been paid by you-now-who to stall the loot recovery.
If I'm any judge of character then I'm positive he'll still go against the judgment and file another suit.
I swear Military govt is the only solution for Nigeria right now... Democracy can come after the purging has been done.
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by michoim(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
Thief thief Biafran lawyer. Shame into you.
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by LordofNaija: 6:19am On Sep 21, 2016
agabusta:

https://www.nairaland.com/3340495/550million-abacha-loot-mr-nnaka
Abacha is the man who saw tomorrow. He was helping Nigeria save for the rainy day. whooping 550 mil. May Allah continue to bless his soul for his acts of kindness towards this country
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by amagunnerfan: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2016
motherfucker:
The guy na mumu. He would have negotiated $1m-2m or even $500k. I am sure they got another person to work with,whom they did pay, to make this happen. You see? HE never thought there were some LAWYERS willing to get less than 1% of the cake to get the job done lol. When bidding for a job, always think of your competitors lol.
Think of this way when you are blogging too. Think of your competitors. When I see a site getting strong, I approach the owners with an aim of buying them out. Hence I am where I am. I don't hate competition but I hate losing market share. It is business.

P:S : sorry admins and mods. Just had to encourage a mentee.

1 Like

Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by motherfucker: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Think of this way when you are blogging too. Think of your competitors. When I see a site getting strong, I approach the owners with an aim of buying them out. Hence I am where I am. I don't hate competition but I hate losing market share. It is business.

P:S : sorry admins and mods. Just had to encourage a mentee.
Thanks so much. I won't disappoint you. God bless.
Re: Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:14am On Sep 24, 2016
jasinto:
The lawyer ought to have asked for 10% of the fund as his legal fees which appears reasonable.

And also, how come $320m is 40% of $550m, Vanguard Newspaper no sabi maths again?

The total money is about $800 million. Remember the money Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala allowed Santa Dazuki (Real Life Santa) waste.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) / Nigeria Is Out Of Recession And President Buhari Is Transforming The Economy / FG To Pay Sunrise Power $200m ‘compensation’ To End Mambilla Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.