Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,258 members, 7,780,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:36 PM

Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray (13988 Views)

What Is That One Bible Story That Seems Hard For You To Believe / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by iliyande(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2016
Why should a Christian pray? How often should I pray? These questions and many more are constantly heard from people. Some people wonder if there is really any need to pray. This post is to emphasize the importance of praying without ceasing to Believers.

Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (2 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

Praying without ceasing - what does that really mean? Does it mean that we should always be on prayer mode ready to fold our hands and bow down our heads at any given minute of the day? That would be wonderful, but the meaning of this instruction Paul gives to the church in Thessalonica goes beyond just the act of saying a certain prayer. It goes back to the attitude of the heart.

One of the biggest misconceptions people have today is that we can go through a full day without Him. Truth be told, if God completely left you to yourself today, you'd be gone before you even knew it. Colossians 1:17 says, "And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

The presence of God is essential to our everyday lives, and to "pray without ceasing" is to acknowledge that as a reality that we live by. Essentially, it can seem like a tall order to pray without ceasing but in reality it's the easiest life we can live.

Here are three applications to praying without ceasing and what it does to us.

Continued dependence

To pray without ceasing means to continue in our dependence towards Jesus for anything and everything. Jesus is the very reason of our existence and is now the prize that we run to. Without Him there would be no meaning to anything we say or do. We are to live acknowledging that very reality- that without Jesus we are nothing.

We depend on Him for provision, protection, purpose and significance at all times, and to be separate from Him is to be void of all these things.

Continued declaration

As we continually be in an attitude of prayer, we continue in our declaration of who God is in our lives. We declare Him as master when we surrender every endeavour we have through the day. We declare Him as provider when we look to Him for daily bread. We declare Him as healer when we acknowledge Him in times of hurt or distress.

On the other hand, to refuse to have an attitude that prays without ceasing declares that we have no need of God. What kind of declaration would you like to make today?

Continued devotion

Devotion means commitment. What or who you are devoted to greatly affects what you choose to do and how you live your life. To devote ourselves to God means to constantly acknowledge that everything we do is by Him and for Him.

More than words, our devotion is a reflection of our heart. When we devote our hearts to God, we acknowledge our desire to be with Him and to live for Him.

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2016
Very educational post...Prayer is never too much but it's also not easy especially when things keep going heywire afterwards.

9 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by kesh8891(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2016
cool stuff

2 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Harmored(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2016
OK nice one

4 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by ramalot(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2016
smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by chimah3(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2016
Cus God said we should!

3 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by ihatebuhari(f): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2016
thank u lord Jesus Christ forever you are my God

pls if u a Christian try to watch the movie" God's not dead 1&2

My God's not dead hallelujah

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Florblu(f): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2016
And it is also important to note that we must have a definite desire when praying so as to be able to make a definite request.(Phi 4:6)

5 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2016
...but you did get tired and stop in your known language ... but praying in tongues privately charges you for the next praying in tongues.. #sustainingprayer...

3 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Thisis2raw(m): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2016
Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (2 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

it is (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

3 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by hahn(m): 10:59am On Sep 18, 2016
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Thisis2raw(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2016
hahn:
smiley
this is blasphemy it's a Hugh crime before God. U better go on your knees and ask forgiveness

6 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by hopefulLandlord: 11:07am On Sep 18, 2016
except amputees can pray from now till next decade, their limb won't regrow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by hopefulLandlord: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2016
Thisis2raw:
this is blasphemy it's a Hugh crime before God. U better go on your knees and ask forgiveness

forgiveness from your imaginary friend?

curse him, so that your pathetic excuse of an imaginary friend you call Yahweh can send wild bears to eat him like Elijah did to those children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Akshow: 11:12am On Sep 18, 2016
Who prayers don help?? ? Ain't you guys tired of deceiving ursef with prayers? If prayers work, Nigeria should be the most developed country in the world cos na we form holpass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by ifenes(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2016
Prayer is the act of folding one's arms when faced with challenges. It is a poor man's excuse to remain poor. It is the evidence of laziness. It is the evidence of lack of creativity, a proof you don't care about the person in problem/need.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by hahn(m): 11:22am On Sep 18, 2016
Thisis2raw:

Your god can suck my dick smiley

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by umbo: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2016
Kajt
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by EyeHateGod: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2016

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by EternalBeing: 11:33am On Sep 18, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by tiwasiaife(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2016
hahn:

Your god can suck my dick smiley

God am.not worthy to ask of anything from you but in your mercy and love show compassion to this your child. Forgive him do not condemn him rather in your mercy and love bring him back to your fold and make him see that without you we are nothing. I have sinned against you in my ways too but as I plead for him I ask for all those who do not know you yet.
Finally remember me God to get a job because I have none so as to use it as a point of contact in showing all those who don't believe in you that truely there is God who is the creator of Heaven and Earth. we pray you Lord

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by ramalot(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by olutosfem(f): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
May God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Larryfest(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Atimes one would begin to wonder if God selects prayer request to be answered the more reason i really don't blame some who claim to be atheist,praying for a particular thing from God for years without response can alter ones believe...

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
@athiests i love reading your sarcasm to say the least.... glad that your Creator allows your spite to go on unabated and guess what it sure does not change Him nor my belief in Him... and guess what am enjoying my private prayer in tongues.... grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Nicholas007: 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
I just want to pray that God will forgive some people that post rubbish here that may God forgive you

4 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by momj: 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
May God have mercy on us

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
Prayers changes situations.

4 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Btruth: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
iliyande:
Why should a Christian pray? How often should I pray? These questions and many more are constantly heard from people. Some people wonder if there is really any need to pray. This post is to emphasize the importance of praying without ceasing to Believers.

Praying without ceasing - what does that really mean? Does it mean that we should always be on prayer mode ready to fold our hands and bow down our heads at any given minute of the day? That would be wonderful, but the meaning of this instruction Paul gives to the church in Thessalonica goes beyond just the act of saying a certain prayer. It goes back to the attitude of the heart.

One of the biggest misconceptions people have today is that we can go through a full day without Him. Truth be told, if God completely left you to yourself today, you'd be gone before you even knew it. Colossians 1:17 says, "And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

The presence of God is essential to our everyday lives, and to "pray without ceasing" is to acknowledge that as a reality that we live by. Essentially, it can seem like a tall order to pray without ceasing but in reality it's the easiest life we can live.

Here are three applications to praying without ceasing and what it does to us.

Continued dependence

To pray without ceasing means to continue in our dependence towards Jesus for anything and everything. Jesus is the very reason of our existence and is now the prize that we run to. Without Him there would be no meaning to anything we say or do. We are to live acknowledging that very reality- that without Jesus we are nothing.

We depend on Him for provision, protection, purpose and significance at all times, and to be separate from Him is to be void of all these things.

Continued declaration

As we continually be in an attitude of prayer, we continue in our declaration of who God is in our lives. We declare Him as master when we surrender every endeavour we have through the day. We declare Him as provider when we look to Him for daily bread. We declare Him as healer when we acknowledge Him in times of hurt or distress.

On the other hand, to refuse to have an attitude that prays without ceasing declares that we have no need of God. What kind of declaration would you like to make today?

Continued devotion

Devotion means commitment. What or who you are devoted to greatly affects what you choose to do and how you live your life. To devote ourselves to God means to constantly acknowledge that everything we do is by Him and for Him.

More than words, our devotion is a reflection of our heart. When we devote our hearts to God, we acknowledge our desire to be with Him and to live for Him.

thanks. God bless you.

Day by day, dear Lord of thee three things I pray.
- to see thee more clearly
- love thee more dearly
- follow thee more nearly
Day by day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by diplomatvicky(f): 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
d truth is dat wen we r too weak to pray,Dats d tym God myt really wanna work..so always pray without ceasing....

3 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by hahn(m): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
tiwasiaife:

Lucifer am.not worthy to ask of anything from you but in your mercy and love show compassion to this your child. Forgive him do not condemn him rather in your mercy and love bring him back to your fold and make him see that without you we are nothing. I have sinned against you in my ways too but as I plead for him I ask for all those who do not know you yet.
Finally remember me Lucifer to get a job because I have none so as to use it as a point of contact in showing all those who don't believe in you that truely there is God who is the creator of Heaven and Earth. we pray you Lord

May Lucifer answer your prayers and accept your soul in hell smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

What It Means To Fall From Grace - Joseph Prince / Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey / Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.