Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? (7629 Views)

Pastor Ties Bride & Groom With A Rope At The Altar (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh / Sign Fireman Storms Liberia With A Rain Of Miracles And Salvation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by lonikit: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
I think altar call is nothing but church doctrine which has nothing to do with salvation. In fact, it's no longer helping the ministry because a lot of persons especially the backsliders are always ashamed to step out. So, I think there is no relationship btw salvation and altar calls.

4 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by lukeosi4life(m): 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
You became born again after the altar call prayers.
You became a child of God after the altar call.
Salvation comes to you when you accept Jesus in your heart by confessing His Lordship.
Altar call is a call for salvation after preaching the Gospel.

4 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by eph12(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
lukeosi4life:
Salvation comes to you when you accept Jesus in your heart by confessing His Lordship.
Your first statement is wrong. You don't need alter call to be saved or become born again

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by lonikit: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
lukeosi4life:
are u sayin one cannot get salvation without alter call. must u raise ur hand or move close to the alter before getin saved.

3 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by lonikit: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
eph12:

Your first statement is wrong. You don't need alter call to be saved or become born again
tnks bro. infact its becoming so discouraging. a lot of backsliders are always ashame of goin out or raisin hand when its comes to alter calling, especially the workers dat are sinners.

2 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by veekid(m): 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Sunday school question
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Lazyreporta(m): 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
Salvation na the koko

Altar call is just confession
So u fit confess at home self

Meanwhile......

5 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by kesh8891(m): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
that's your opinion

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by aninexzy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
There's a relationship! There is no salvation without altar call! Taking a bold step to D front is 1st step datz d altar call, confessing ur sins n bin receive to God's kindom is d salvation we are talking abt.

3 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by pring: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
G
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
our mates around the world are advancing technologically, inventing new stuffs, doing researches, making their environments and the world around them better.

we cant even keep our environs clean to get rid of mosquitoes here, we are praying and fasting waiting for a middle eastern deity to come down from the sky and remove malaria.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Toluwani113: 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
I shall make it at the end.

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by hUmaneOne: 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
These days, it has become a routine without real meaning.
If not, i wonder why a preacher will persuade anybody to be born again. It is a very solemn decision that needs full awareness and not persuasion.

4 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Thisis2raw(m): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
Just worship God with all your heart.. Finish
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by hUmaneOne: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
SultanOfBrunei:
our mates around the world are advancing technologically, inventing new stuffs, doing researches, making their environments and the world around them better.

we cant even keep our environs clean to get rid of mosquitoes here, we are praying and fasting waiting for a middle eastern deity to come down from the sky and remove malaria.

Religion might not ensue scientific growth growth etc
But I can assure you, there is much to wish for apart from science.

The morality which religion brings is more than enough to be grateful for.

Im sure you didn't know the great Einstein made this quote.

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by lonikit: 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
aninexzy:
There's a relationship! There is no salvation without altar call! Taking a bold step to D front is 1st step datz d altar call, confessing ur sins n bin receive to God's kindom is d salvation we are talking abt.
did u just say no salvation without alter call I comment my reserve ooo
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
[size=15pt] Africans and thier spiritualism tire me,, we carry religion for head but where has it taken us to? NOWHERE!!! [/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nawa4nl: 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
OP, the greatest problem with the so called Altar calls are the facts that;

Jesus said If you believe in Him & Confess your sins you shall be saved.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

What preachers do is that they say, "Come and I'll pray for you to receive salvation!"
This is not biblical!

As receiving salvation is not based on someone else praying for you, but you yourself believing that Jesus died as the Son of God for you sins.

So the person comes out putting their faith in the pastors prayers and not in what Jesus has done on the cross.

Salvation is the greatest gift God gave man, that no other religion on earth has!

In fact the other main religion in Nigeria has no promise of salvation.
Which might explain why their founder is dead, while Jesus is ALIVE grin

4 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by repogirl(f): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
lonikit:
I think altar call is nothing but church doctrine which has nothing to do with salvation. In fact, it's no longer helping the ministry because a lot of persons especially the backsliders are always ashamed to step out. So, I think there is no relationship btw salvation and altar calls.
why should a back slider step out again after once receiving salvation? If you are a backslider, it means at some point you received Christ and believed in Him, so you have been born again already just missed your way. All you need to do now is confess and repent of your sins and get back on track with Christ. You are not a new convert.

Except the man of God specifically asks backsliders to join the altar call, it is only for people who have never received Christ before.

Also, the idea of the altar call is to place an imprint on the newly converted, so that he knows the choice he has made when he steps out boldly to receive Christ. It is also to get their contact details so that there will be a follow up after.

Lastly, there is salvation without alter call.

8 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by nonjebose(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
aninexzy:
There is salvation without alter call. Salvation experience does not start nor end with alter call. Salvation experience is a spiritual decision, while alter call is a physical decision which cannot supercede the former
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
LOLZ...
An altar is a place of Animal sacrifice under the old covenant. In the new covenant, an altar became the cross where Christ was sacrificed for our sins. The word 'altar' is even invalid for church dispensation.
The real Altar Call is the call to yield to the death Christ has effected on the old man (Romans 6:6, gal 2:20).
If you are a nairalander here who is not born again and you are convicted by the Holy Spirit. All you need is to come to the throne of Grace in sincere repentance and confession of Christ believing in your heart he died, was buried and resurrected.
You don't need it to postpone it till 'Church Service'.

3 Likes

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by sekundosekundo: 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
lonikit:

The point is that you don't know the meaning of Alter call. Any time, any where you are and after hearing the word of God you decide to surrender your life to Christ, that's alter call. It can take place even in your room.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Religion might not ensue scientific growth growth etc
But I can assure you, there is much to wish for apart from science.

The morality religion brings is more than enough to be grateful for

hahahaha!
take a close look around you bro, and be sincere to urself. where is the morality you are talking about?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by DozieInc(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
Altar call, is when a person is convinced by the Holy Spirit to confess Jesus as savior, the reason they are asked to be Identified ( by coming out or waving their hands etc) is for follow up, by the Christian group.
here is the relationship: A person receives salvation when he/she confesses Jesus as savior.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
lonikit:

tnks bro. infact its becoming so discouraging. a lot of backsliders are always ashame of goin out or raisin hand when its comes to alter calling, especially the workers dat are sinners.
ashamed?? whoever is ashamed of associating with God, then on the last day God will deny that person. its a personal thing..if you reAlly understood altar call u wont talk of shame.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by easzypeaszy(m): 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
lonikit:
u r in ma spirit my brother..i went to a job interview n a pastr ws der...he asked wen did u kw Jesus i answrd n said evr since i knew ma parent...he said no i mean wen u had an altr cal n gav ur life to him....i said if av nt given my life to him frm d strt dey wl nt see me in d chrch in d fst place..i gav my lif to chrst aftr mny books av read n most of all personl conviction...he ws vry angry n ask of d chrch i attend...d nxt day my pastr called me dt soso pastr called him...am talkin abt last week monday oooo..nt even upto a week yet...so sm qstn kip comin

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by DozieInc(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
hUmaneOne:
These days, it has become a routine without real meaning.
If not, i wonder why a preacher will persuade anybody to be born again. It is a very solemn decision that needs full awareness and not persuasion.
Christianity is about living and preaching Christ, just like an advert, you convince people with reasons why they should receive Christ

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Ejehjoe(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
How many times should one answer Altar Call? As often as General Overseer calls?
People make it a routine exercise in protestant churches and I therefore look at it as a mere doctrine introduced by mere mortals.
Salvation has nothing to do with Altar calls. Many churches use Altar Call to increase membership of the church during "counseling" session.
Salvation is personal and an inner conviction of the concerned
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by hUmaneOne: 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
SultanOfBrunei:

hahahaha!
take a close look around you bro, and be sincere to urself. where is the morality you are talking about?

You're right to a small extent..

But you will agree with me ,some person are good simply because of religion.

I've heard people say..
That man maltreated me when I was a nobody.if not for God, I'd have repaid him ,now that I'm very rich

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by maximunimpact(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
lukeosi4life:

Please what is an alter?
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by pressplay411(m): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
eph12:

Leave them mk dem dey Jones...
Meanwhile this is so me earlier today

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
hUmaneOne:

You're right to a small extent..

But you will agree with me ,some person are good simply because of religion.

I've heard people say..
That man maltreated me when I was a nobody.if not for God, I'd have repaid him ,now that I'm very rich

being good because of religion is hypocritical, just like being religious for the promised after-death benefits, just like giving 10% of ur money to a pastor in exchange for God's blessing.

let me tell you, if not for problems people have, if not for the fear of death and after-death, if not for the enticing promises of paradise after death, churches and mosques would be empty on sundays and fridays respectively.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2020 Prophecy For Nigeria / 22 Shocking Facts About Pastor Chris Oyakhilome You Don't Know / Church Service Today At COZA today , I Can't Stop Laughing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.