Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:18 PM

Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? (22825 Views)

“my Husband Does Not Like Having Sex Through The Opening God Made For It” –lady / Thinking Of Having Plenty Children.....then See This / Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Plenty Children Unlike The Rich. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
Well even in this modern age of ours, you will see mostly poor people that cannot even fend for themselves well giving birth like dog, 7,8, 9 or even 10 children in some cases.

You will see rich men giving birth to 3 to 4 kids even if they can fend for all very well but poor people never learn, they will always keep on producing babies and next thing they will start looking for who will help them train some.

What is wrong in Just having only 2 babies if you know that your only source of income is selling rat poison?

Is this not a purely self inflicted injury? Do you pity some of them in their self inflicted predicament maybe when infant hospital bills come up or children school fees and they are unable to pay ?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Darammliveth(m): 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Because their mentality is as poor as church rat..... I don't blame our government sometimes!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Topestbilly(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
smiley ...

During the old days the poor people give birth to many children because of their farm work and other physical challenge work.

But now the reason is, wen a man has no job his brain workless and he has more energy in him ,so al he could think of is konji cos he sees his woman every minute walkin up n down grin ...
you don't expect him to buy #50 CD cos he will rather use it to buy garri cheesy

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by 007Nasky(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Darammliveth:
Because their mentality is as poor as church rat..... I don't blame our government sometimes!
na lie. Xometimes we can neva undastnd God's doing

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
Comparing people to dogs is very disrespectful.

I guess this trend is because many have close to no access to family planning. Also, literate ladies tend to focus more on their careers, making them start families later on, contrary to illiterate ladies. Poor communities have a high death rate, so they always feel like compensating their loss. Truth be spoken, one never gets fulfilled because the dead child remains dead, while the parents keep popping out more "compensatory kids".

Silly me thinks making babies becomes a hobby since there are no jobs, no one goes to school, no deadlines etc.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by lilmax(m): 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2016
007Nasky:
na lie. Xometimes we can neva undastnd God's doing
sharrrrrrap

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Jay542(m): 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
lilmax:
sharrrrrrap
Haaha. Nigga went hardgrin

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
jagugu88li:

I guess this trend is because many have close to no access to family planning. Also, literate ladies tend to focus more on their careers, making them start families later on. Poor communities have a high death rate, so they always feel like compensating their loss. Truth be spoken, one never gets fulfilled because the dead child remains dead, while the parents keep popping out more "compensatory kids".

Silly me thinks making babies becomes a hobby since there are no jobs, no one goes to school, no deadlines etc.
It might sound disrespectful, but we did not mention any name. So please which other animals or thing that gives birth in galore and that doesn't sound disrespectful to you so we can use for the comparison?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
so they'll have more people to help with farm work or what do you think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
bongolistik:
It might sound disrespectful, but we did not mention any name. So please which other animals or thing that gives birth in galore and that doesn't sound disrespectful to you so we can use for the comparison?

I'm not going to argue about this Sir, thank you.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
jagugu88li:

I'm not going to argue about this Sir, thank you.
I am not arguing either, just needed the best correction from you that would suit in perfectly

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by 007Nasky(m): 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
lilmax:
sharrrrrrap
mind ur words mr man
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by vhatpweetygurl(f): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
Their wives are there only source of fun,so everynow and then they they turn to them for pleasure;the result is chidreeeeeen.

37 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
yea, poor illiterate couples don't know about contraceptives or how to use them.

the semi-educated poor ones are so jobless they have sex more than common sense.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Haywhymido(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2016
How many times una won ask dis same question for dis forum uhn? Well, u will need to ask the next poor person u see in ur street.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by EfemenaXY: 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
bongolistik:
Well even in this modern age of ours, you will see mostly poor people that cannot even fend for themselves well giving birth like dog, 7,8, 9 or even 10 children in some cases.

You will see rich men giving birth to 3 to 4 kids even if they can fend for all very well but poor people never learn, they will always keep on producing babies and next thing they will start looking for who will help them train some.

What is wrong in Just having only 2 babies if you know that your only source of income is selling rat poison?

Is this not a purely self inflicted injury? Do you pity some of them in their self inflicted predicament maybe when infant hospital bills come up or children school fees and they are unable to pay ?

I believe you're referring to this story: https://www.nairaland.com/3355891/man-abandoned-wife-hospital-over#49458979

Is cancer self-inflicted??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
jagugu88li:

I guess this trend is because many have close to no access to family planning. Also, literate ladies tend to focus more on their careers, making them start families later on, contrary to illiterate ladies. Poor communities have a high death rate, so they always feel like compensating their loss. Truth be spoken, one never gets fulfilled because the dead child remains dead, while the parents keep popping out more "compensatory kids".

I think it's a subconscious thing, or why do people, like you just did, tend to associate poverty with illiteracy?. They are not poecilonyms, as there are many literates who can barely afford to put clothes on their backs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I believe you're referring to this story: https://www.nairaland.com/3355891/man-abandoned-wife-hospital-over#49458979

Is cancer self-inflicted??

What's your point? Cancer and poverty are two different things.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by EfemenaXY: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
IamWestAfrican:

What's your point? Cancer and poverty are two different things.

My point is: you created this thread off the back of the cancer related thread. Yes the couple in question have seven kids. And yes the husband sells rat poison for a living. But you've totally missed the focus of that story which is about them not being able to afford the hospital bill for the woman's cancer treatment / mastectomy. That is the essence of that story and not how many kids they've got.

Or did you read somewhere that they were seeking assistance for raising their kids??

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
IamWestAfrican:

I think it's a subconscious thing, or why do people, like you just did, tend to associate poverty with illiteracy?. They are not poecilonyms, as there are many literates who can barely afford to put clothes on their backs.

Very true indeed, but lets compare (the coloured) between these two people, the illiterate jobless class and literate working class in terms of the op's question. Obviously literacy is not the major contributing factor, neither does it determine how many kids one should have, but better family planning is a luxury to the literate.

I've seen people give birth to numerous kids hoping that the monthly governmental grant will fend for the kids, grant that is not even enough for that one child. Why then do they continue giving birth? My first comment has some of the reasons This happens right at that time time when the working class is complaining about low pay, high bills etc

I repeat, literacy is not the major factor for this trend but it adds to the many
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by sisisioge: 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
1. It is because they mostly don't understand the mathematics of quality life and investment. They just keep at it hoping at least one of the kids will be highly successful to change their stories forgetting that they are practically reducing the children's chances of success by sharing the funds for 2 on 6.

2. Baby dances is highly recreational as its the cheapest and most interesting exercise they could afford.

3. They have low access to family planning info: natural or otherwise.

4. They mostly start out pretty early thus stay in childbearing age for longer duration than their rich folks counterparts.

5. Sometimes, its a competition within the compound.

6. The poor women mostly stay in shape for longer periods than the rich women because they do a lot of unintentionally exercises! They walk like kilode, they are heavy dancers in churches and events, they use manual styles for a lot of chores- blending pepper, washing cloths and plates, pounding yam, etc.

7. The poor man isn't as busy as the rich man, he doesn't have to think too hard about finances as much as the man who already has plenty of cash. Thus, has more than to spend with his woman.

7. Poor people easily find happiness in little things unlike the rich. Happy people hug more, kiss more and of course do...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
EfemenaXY:

My point is: you created this thread off the back of the cancer related thread. Yes the couple in question have seven kids. And yes the husband sells rat poison for a living. But you've totally missed the focus of that story which is about them not being able to afford the hospital bill for the woman's cancer treatment / mastectomy. That is the essence of that story and not how many kids they've got.

Or did you read somewhere that they were seeking assistance for raising their kids??

Newsflash: I am not OP. You need reading glasses or what? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Richy4(m): 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Simple answer...

When there's no Television to watch, No DSTV to pass time like the rich, what do you think is entertaining enough....
At least sex is free no monthly subscription...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
jagugu88li:

Very true indeed, but lets compare (the coloured) between these two people, the illiterate jobless class and literate working class in terms of the op's question. Obviously literacy is not the major contributing factor, neither does it determine how many kids one should have, but better family planning is a luxury to the literate.

I've seen people give birth to numerous kids hoping that the monthly governmental grant will fend for the kids, grant that is not even enough for that one child. Why then do they continue giving birth? My first comment has some of the reasons This happens right at that time time when the working class is complaining about low pay, high bills etc

I repeat, literacy is not the major factor for this trend but it adds to the many

I do agree that family planning is a luxury to the literate class, and that the more literate a person is, the more shrewd s/he is likely to be in his-her approach to child-breeding.

However, I do not think high mortality rate could factor among what propels poor people into indiscriminate child-breeding.

Where did you get your statistics from? Your statistics that says that poor people have comparatively shorter lifespans.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
Richy4:
Simple answer...

When there's no Television to watch, No DSTV to pass time like the rich, what do you think is entertaining enough....
At least sex is free no monthly subscription...

Hahaha! Comparing the pleasures derived from watching sitcoms to the karmic bliss that sex gut-punches one into. Joker. grin
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
IamWestAfrican:

I do agree that family planning is a luxury to the literate class, and that the more literate a person is, the more shrewd s/he is likely to be on in his-her approach to child-breeding.

However, I do not think high mortality rate could factor among what propels poor people into indiscriminate child-breeding.

Where did you get your statistics from? Your statistics that says that poor people have comparatively shorter lifespans.

Hahahahaha, don kill me with laff abeg. I agree with you Sir infact, I think I didn't make myself clear.

People in general have an unknown lifespan obviously because people die regardless of age, class, religion, illness etc But you will agree with me that poor people have less resources like money to cater for their basic needs which include shelter (hygienic environments), hospital bills, food, clothing etc As a result, the death rate is high compared to that of a higher class.

Go to swamps and public hospitals, find out the death rate. Again go to middle - upper class residents and private hospitals and do the same. The difference should be able give you clarity.

Our lifespan is obviously unknown but, poor people are more exposed to death resulting conditions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
jagugu88li:

Hahahahaha, don kill me with laff abeg. I agree with you Sir infact, I think I didn't make myself clear.

People in general have an unknown lifespan obviously because people die regardless of age, class, religion, illness etc But you will agree with me that poor people have less resources like money to cater for their basic needs which include shelter (hygienic environments), hospital bills, food, clothing etc and as a result the death rate is high when compared to the higher class.

Go to swamps and public hospitals, find out the death rate. Again go to middle - upper class residents and private hospitals and do the same. The difference should be able give you clarity.

Our lifespan is obviously unknown but poor people are more exposed to death resulting conditions.

Agreed that the poor, due to their financial deficiencies, have little to zero access to qualitative living, yet, why is mortality rate evenly distributed among the three societal classes in Nigeria? It really doesn't matter. In fact, it seems the poor are outliving the bourgeoise.

Your premise that the poor are guilty of indiscriminate child-breeding because they intend to make up for their downsized population is wrong.

You should have listed more germane causes like:

—Illteracy, and non-knowledge of family planning

—Inaccessibility to contraceptives, either due to cost, or due to poor orientation towards the usage of condoms et al.

—Non-knowledge of vasectomy e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
IamWestAfrican:
In fact, it seems the poor are outliving the bourgeoise.

Not true and you know it. That's not the point though

IamWestAfrican:

You should have listed more germane causes like:

Illteracy, and non-knowledge of family planning

—Inaccessibility to contraceptives, either due to cost, or due to poor orientation towards the usage of condoms et al.

Non-knowledge of vasectomy e.t.c.

Refer to my first comment Sir, where you argued against some of these same points.

I drop my pen here.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by goldiam(f): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Op abeg no blame the poor man,as work no dey nah vex e go dey use the give the woman belle.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by trueking: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
The only form of recreation for them is sex

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by ladyF(f): 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
Blame it on awareness. Most of these poor people don't know about family planning, some of them don't have the money even though they're not expensive. Some because of their iliteracy will refuse even if you give them free.

What will you say about churches whose members will tell you that using condom is a sin?

Abeg make I go continue my Skrill search from Freelancers, Forexers and Western Union senders. @N390/$

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by oluwasegun007(m): 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
let see two differnt scenerio....

The Rich: Dad is out early in the morning, back at night tired
mom has been out all day leaving the office late to get to the grossery store
after which she plans for the weekend trip out of the country.
Consequences
Low sex drive, poor sperm cell due to stress...fatigue etc

The Poor: Dad comes back at noon after petty work
mum did go out at all moving from room to parlour with rapper tired to her chest without panties under
Note
there is no electricity to keep the man busy, all he'll be left to view is his semi unclad wife moving about with swinging ass.
what will u be doing if u b d man.....

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.