Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? (22890 Views)

“my Husband Does Not Like Having Sex Through The Opening God Made For It” –lady / Thinking Of Having Plenty Children.....then See This / Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Plenty Children Unlike The Rich. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by pmm3(m): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
I thougt the bible said 'Go into the world am multiply'...i think they are stil playin by the rules..they worship God the most..
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by telemapreye1(f): 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
gurunlocker:

You dey find trouble.... I no dey mood for trouble Abeg, just chill and go take care of your baby. Thanks
The belle wey you give me abi? undecided
Rubbish....
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by nnamdiokafor: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
lilmax:
sharrrrrrap
hahahahahhaa
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by SonofDevil: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
gurunlocker:
Especially those Muslim northerners, they have that problem..... Giving birth to children you can't take good care of
Followed by igbos

Poor Igbo couples Dey give Birth on yearly basis
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by cangoallnyt: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
bongolistik:
Well even in this modern age of ours, you will see mostly poor people that cannot even fend for themselves well giving birth like dog, 7,8, 9 or even 10 children in some cases.

You will see rich men giving birth to 3 to 4 kids even if they can fend for all very well but poor people never learn, they will always keep on producing babies and next thing they will start looking for who will help them train some.

What is wrong in Just having only 2 babies if you know that your only source of income is selling rat poison?

Is this not a purely self inflicted injury? Do you pity some of them in their self inflicted predicament maybe when infant hospital bills come up or children school fees and they are unable to pay ?

be civil young man...
did anybody ran to you for help?
did they complain to you tht they cant feed their children?
is it ur sperm they re using?
did they use any of ur sister as a surrogate mother?

if the answer to my questions is no..my dear go find smtn importnt to do!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Revolva(m): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
poverty mentality.....i thank jah say my papa no born many....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by shamecurls(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
The poor re very fertile..... they just multiply without reason and the ones that re religiously blind call it blessing when they re actually sinking into poverty.

Even God almighty had only 1

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by oluwabishop: 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
Was already thinking of how to make a concise reply till I read this. This is the conclusion of all the answers and reasons

sisisioge:
1. It is because they mostly don't understand the mathematics of quality life and investment. They just keep at it hoping at least one of the kids will be highly successful to change their stories forgetting that they are practically reducing the children's chances of success by sharing the funds for 2 on 6.

2. Baby dances is highly recreational as its the cheapest and most interesting exercise they could afford.

3. They have low access to family planning info: natural or otherwise.

4. They mostly start out pretty early thus stay in childbearing age for longer duration than their rich folks counterparts.

5. Sometimes, its a competition within the compound.

6. The poor women mostly stay in shape for longer periods than the rich women because they do a lot of unintentionally exercises! They walk like kilode, they are heavy dancers in churches and events, they use manual styles for a lot of chores- blending pepper, washing cloths and plates, pounding yam, etc.

7. The poor man isn't as busy as the rich man, he doesn't have to think too hard about finances as much as the man who already has plenty of cash. Thus, has more than to spend with his woman.

7. Poor people easily find happiness in little things unlike the rich. Happy people hug more, kiss more and of course do...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by sheddy03: 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
people see it as a social problem, its actually not. its a religious problem, competition to take over the world by a particular religion. the religion allow the man to marry more than 1 wife( up to/more than 4), and have as many children as possible. that was house a state in the north became the most populous state in Nigeria beating Lagos.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by refreshrate: 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by IDktown(m): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mostly it is because they don't know who will grew up and carter for then ^o^
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by chukwunaluodili(m): 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
it is because poor man enjoyment na him wife puna. hence the more the enjoyment on the wife puna, the more the children and the more the robbers and olosho they give birth to. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
who wan waste money for kwandom nah?poorman no get strength for withdrawal, plus the only thing that makes them the happiest is raw-fyiok!
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Ranchhoddas: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
bongolistik:
It might sound disrespectful, but we did not mention any name. So please which other animals or thing that gives birth in galore and that doesn't sound disrespectful to you so we can use for the comparison?
Na Rabbit she want make you talk. Pay no mind to that Jaguda abi na wetin dem dey call am.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by HMZi: 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
Its just something naive folks enjoy doing..many poor men get sense 2 o...
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Fizzbizzie(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
No money to buy condom..
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by mmsen: 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
Comparing people to dogs is very disrespectful.

Disrespectful to humans? Or dogs?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
mmsen:

Disrespectful to humans? Or Dogs?

To dogs, make sure I don't catch you cheesy
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by boygeorge: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
007Nasky:
na lie. Xometimes we can neva undastnd God's doing
My friend God doesnt work like that joor.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
one thing i detest a lot is generalization. Its absolutely ridiculous to assume that a whole group of people are one way just because of the actions of a few. I have met many poor people who have only 1 or 2 kids and rich people who have up to 8. Not all poor people are the same. this kind of question is like asking "why are white people racist" when a lot of them are not or "why are black people uneducated" or "why are women gold diggers". These types of questions make no sense to me because its like insulting other people who are not anything like you perceive them to be just because they belong to a particular group of people.
This type of useless question the OP asking has no purpose. what answer are you expecting? obviously from the tone he has set, he just wants to see others bashing and insulting poor people. OP you don't know where you will be tomorrow, respect yourself and stop causing unnecessary drama.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Youngzedd(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
bongolistik:
Well even in this modern age of ours, you will see mostly poor people that cannot even fend for themselves well giving birth like dog, 7,8, 9 or even 10 children in some cases.

You will see rich men giving birth to 3 to 4 kids even if they can fend for all very well but poor people never learn, they will always keep on producing babies and next thing they will start looking for who will help them train some.

What is wrong in Just having only 2 babies if you know that your only source of income is selling rat poison?

Is this not a purely self inflicted injury? Do you pity some of them in their self inflicted predicament maybe when infant hospital bills come up or children school fees and they are unable to pay ?

In this world you're OYO

If they cannot take care of the dozens of kids they have, that's their business. I personally don't give a fu(k

If they're tired of life, river Niger doesn't have gate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Kings109: 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
The only recreation a poor man has is se*, the more of it the more chances of making babies, family planning or contraceptive requires money which he claims not to have. For the rich, you attend entertainments shows, you watch movies & sports even when there is no light at home you on generator and before you are done with that time has gone, but the poor doesn't have all those luxuries hence the many many children.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by lobiologs(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
Well thinking about it, you can guess it because th have sex a lot, with minimal source of income t only thing that comes as a way to feel goo about themselves is to have sex, without protection or family planning, what you get is some bunch of rugrats running around...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by lyricalz: 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
THE SAME REASON WHY POORER NATIONS HAVE MORE POPULATION THAN RICHER ONES. THE REASONS:

1: LEVEL OF EDUCATION: for both men and women, ur level of education will affect the time u settle down and start having kids.

2:POVERTY: Jobless couples who are always @ home with their wives will have more kids than couples who go out to work daily.

3: IGNORANCE: people who think that having more kids will make life easier for them when they become old. They don't know that quantity always affect quality. Its better to have 2 successful children than to have 8unsuccesful ones.

4: BELIEF: the mentality of having more male children will make some people end up having more children than they wish for.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Ajimight(m): 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
bongolistik:
It might sound disrespectful, but we did not mention any name. So please which other animals or thing that gives birth in galore and that doesn't sound disrespectful to you so we can use for the comparison?
pig give birth to 20 at once

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Aroh48(m): 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
oluwasegun007:
let see two differnt scenerio....

The Rich: Dad is out early in the morning, back at night tired
mom has been out all day leaving the office late to get to the grossery store
after which she plans for the weekend trip out of the country.
Consequences
Low sex drive, poor sperm cell due to stress...fatigue etc

The Poor: Dad comes back at noon after petty work
mum did go out at all moving from room to parlour with rapper tired to her chest without panties under
Note
there is no electricity to keep the man busy, all he'll be left to view is his semi unclad wife moving about with swinging ass.
what will u be doing if u b d man.....

I wil look at her,and just go out.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by oluwaahmed: 11:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
Topestbilly:
smiley ...

During the old days the poor people give birth to many children because of their farm work and other physical challenge work.

But now the reason is, wen a man has no job his brain workless and he has more energy in him ,so al he could think of is konji cos he sees his woman every minute walkin up n down grin ...
you don't expect him to buy #50 CD cos he will rather use it to buy garri cheesy

Yeah, I mean poverty can take away d joy of being rich, but it can't take away d joy of cummin in ur wifey
And since dats d only joy u got, well.... am man deserves 2 be happy smetyms
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Wizkhalifa2(m): 12:01am On Sep 19, 2016
Children are the wealth of the poor...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Gkemz: 12:14am On Sep 19, 2016
It used to be for the purpose of helping in farming and cultivation.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by habsydiamond(m): 12:46am On Sep 19, 2016
The reason is simply because they don't have good plans for their children. they won't put them in school at all. When they are of age, they will go and learn trade or be an apprentice to tailor, mechanic and so on. When u ask the father why he gave birth to many children, he will say he know that all of them can not be an unfortunate fellow. That at least one of them will be successful in life to take care of him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 12:54am On Sep 19, 2016
MissGdope:
one thing i detest a lot is generalization. Its absolutely ridiculous to assume that a whole group of people are one way just because of the actions of a few. I have met many poor people who have only 1 or 2 kids and rich people who have up to 8. Not all poor people are the same. this kind of question is like asking "why are white people racist" when a lot of them are not or "why are black people uneducated" or "why are women gold diggers". These types of questions make no sense to me because its like insulting other people who are not anything like you perceive them to be just because they belong to a particular group of people.
This type of useless question the OP asking has no purpose. what answer are you expecting? obviously from the tone he has set, he just wants to see others bashing and insulting poor people. OP you don't know where you will be tomorrow, respect yourself and stop causing unnecessary drama.
Who is this one? Obviously one of the major problems we have just like the menace unkept children can cause to the society is poor reading and comprehension habits. If only you read well and understood what you read, you probably would have not put up this. Read well again, you will see the punch lines and not really generalising but trying to state the obvious. and don't you know that unkept children can constitute menace to the society. What happened when China decided to place a law of 1 child per family? I hope you are not the type that encourages plenty children with the hope that all will be well? Let me tell you, heaven helps those who help themselves.. You should have thanked me for creating this thread as the thread can easily make some think twice by cutting their coats according to their cloth and thereby having number of kids that they can easily fend for. If you know the harm jobless and underfed kids can cause to a society, then you will understand where the thread was driving to. Even most of the Boko Haram members might also be suffering similar fate. Even modes that moved it to FP knows it's a reasonable and thought invoking thread.. So cut us some slacks and enjoy the comments

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 19, 2016
That's their mentality, that's actually the reason they are poor in the first place, spending mow than they earn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? / How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart? / "My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.