Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? (22889 Views)

“my Husband Does Not Like Having Sex Through The Opening God Made For It” –lady / Thinking Of Having Plenty Children.....then See This / Why Do Poor People Give Birth To Plenty Children Unlike The Rich. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by realmindz: 7:28am On Sep 19, 2016
Because poverty starts from the brain

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by kajoula(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2016
bongolistik:
It might sound disrespectful, but we did not mention any name. So please which other animals or thing that gives birth in galore and that doesn't sound disrespectful to you so we can use for the comparison?

Pigs grin
bongolistik:
It might sound disrespectful, but we did not mention any name. So please which other animals or thing that gives birth in galore and that doesn't sound disrespectful to you so we can use for the comparison?

Pigs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by monalisaeno(f): 7:34am On Sep 19, 2016
U ll not blame dem na...poverty has locked deir sense of reasoning so dey think their aiming high as to if dem born plenty children, like 15, doctor go dey, engineer go dey, lawyer go dey, pilot sef go dey. Dem go forget say school fee payment dey - chop moni sef *hiss
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2016
FelixCulpa:

My friend this is really unacceptable of you to say people give birth like dogs. Please do the needful...

Here is a man who already has 8 kids. An American. You can follow the link to his website and see his facebook and instagram pages for confirmation. There are many others like him the world over and they are NOT super rich either. I come from a large family (up to 12) and its purely a choice. Except where the parents have no handle on the family, nothing else can give you the experience of having so many siblings.

If not that we now have thieves all over the place running our government, why should it be difficult to raise children? Large families help the society.

The late US president JFK was one of nine children from both parents. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_family. That was a rich man with a large family

Sadly we have bought into the mentality that rich men only give birth to 2 or 3 kids.

An Israeli man once pointed at his five children and said, "these are my national security." Hope you get the gist. Without people there would be no earth to take care of; certainly nobody to do the caring.

Thank you

http://taylormarshall.com/
You are missing the point here. Pointing out few rich people with many kids doesn't justify your stance. And even if the rich men have 30 children or more, I don't think it's a problem, so far they can be fend for. One of the reasons why people like 2face is that he takes care of all his kids from his different mamas very well and that is it, but if for instance he doesn't have the financial power, what do you think would be happening to his kids? Probably there might be difficulty to cater for them, and it might turn out a problem at long run. Nobody says having plenty children is bad, but being reasonable at all stages in life is likewise important...we have heard of many cases where men abandoned their wives and children and ran away because of inability to fend for the families..I have not only heard but I have seen myself.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by misscall247: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2016
habsydiamond:
The reason is simply because they don't have good plans for their children. they won't put them in school at all. When they are of age, they will go and learn trade or be an apprentice to tailor, mechanic and so on. When u ask the father why he gave birth to many children, he will say he know that all of them can not be an unfortunate fellow. That at least one of them will be successful in life to take care of him.
What is wrong with one learning trade?
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by tosyne2much(m): 7:42am On Sep 19, 2016
Topestbilly:
smiley ...

During the old days the poor people give birth to many children because of their farm work and other physical challenge work.

But now the reason is, wen a man has no job his brain workless and he has more energy in him ,so al he could think of is konji cos he sees his woman every minute walkin up n down grin ...
you don't expect him to buy #50 CD cos he will rather use it to buy garri cheesy
Hahahahha
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by tosyne2much(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2016
I know of an Igbo woman who lives in my area... She's living in an uncompleted building and she has 10 kids.. Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by vectoh(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2016
they simply secx away their sorrows! and e go turn belle! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by HaneefahRN(f): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2016
The most irritating for me is when a poor man marries multiple wives. Imagine a gate man looking like what they use to scrub the toilet having three wives cos he supposedly has high libido, I start to wonder if the women marrying him have brains at all.

It's the poor children I pity

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2016
Emeonyerichard:
poor people at times do dis so as to create chances fr dia family to get off dia current financial status. Is a two way thing bt atlist i no a family of abt 9 who ws nothing but now doing xtremly well evn with a low education. Infact each hlped d other stand.. Is sometimes a blessing too cox with collective contributions the family may get of dia poor life..
if people believe that with 9 kids God can do wonders in any of them, why can't they believe that with 2 kids God can equally do wonders in one of the kids or even both?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2016
bongolistik:
It seems you are acting like a sadist or maybe you are the type that always try to play the devil's advocate and believe me you, you must be a difficult person to please in live cause you have already shown yourself. And please, this is my thread, if you are not OK with it, you can go create yours and perfect it the way you like since it's hard for you to know when somebody is insulting another or not.
I knew you would have nothing sensible to say. You don't own the thread so get tf off your high horse. Youre not seun and the last time I checked, the reply option was there so people can give their own feedback and opinions. You don't like my opinion? Well the truth is a bitter pill to swallow. Stop going around berating people, go do something more important. Nobody is gonna pay you for the silly thread you created which most people would have forgotten about by today.
Don't quote me again with your nonsense. Either take the advice and learn from it or leave it and continue in your foolishness
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by justmi1: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2016
It has been scientifically proven that poor people tend to have more libodo, they use sex to console themselves.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by olamitodotun14: 8:08am On Sep 19, 2016
I think I boils down to the mentality that they (the poor) have. They do not know the one(child) that'll be successful later in life to bring the rest out of poverty. So they will want to believe the higher the number of kids they have, the higher their chances of getting out of poverty.. .that's the mentality.
I personally know of a man that has up to 8kids, he lives in a one bedroom apartment. Funny enough, he has vowed that he will only stop impregnating his wife when reaches menopause. Lol. When I asked why? His reply was 'oloun lo mo omo '(that only God knows the child (successful) )lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 8:09am On Sep 19, 2016
MissGdope:

I knew you would have nothing sensible to say. You don't own the thread so get tf off your high horse. Youre not seun and the last time I checked, the reply option was there so people can give their own feedback and opinions. You don't like my opinion? Well the truth is a bitter pill to swallow. Stop going around berating people, go do something more important. Nobody is gonna pay you for the silly thread you created which most people would have forgotten about by today.
Don't quote me again with your nonsense. Either take the advice and learn from it or leave it and continue in your foolishness
funny you, you are quick to quote me and you are also quick to say don't quote me.. or you think quoting somebody that doesn't understand the thread is giving me joy... you are quick to cast aspersions and throw what in your mind you see as polite insult and you are also quick to tell people not to go around insulting people... my dear you have a problem believe me you, but you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by kushme: 8:18am On Sep 19, 2016
Well, I dont know if its a rich or poor thing, literacy or illiteracy,religion or nihilism. etc... The population of Africa in the 1950s is over 250million, but right now close to or over a billion. grin.

The population could have been reduced through natural destruction( starvation, diseases) but prevented by western welfare and modern medicine. The idiotic ways of most Africans. If they are not dying, they are fvcking.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Donwizbro(m): 8:23am On Sep 19, 2016
Sex i guese. Cus' when u're poor, sex is da only thing enjoyable!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2016
Sometimes their churches deceives them that they should "go yea and multiply" and When they sit at home doing nothing meaningful other than looking at themselves what do you expect? Too many children everywhere amd they will be blaming the government now na buhari.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 19, 2016
Well said, sometimes they even hav the believe that is one has 1 or 2 children something bad like death will happen to them so they tend to procreate children they cant care for.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by niri(m): 8:40am On Sep 19, 2016
D only reason d poor in d society give birth to many children is dat dey don't v anything else to keep dem busy apart from their wife after work. After work, u see d rich going to their clud to unwind and dey get home late and exhausted can't even work at madam workshop
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by titosantana(m): 8:43am On Sep 19, 2016
MissGdope:
one thing i detest a lot is generalization. Its absolutely ridiculous to assume that a whole group of people are one way just because of the actions of a few. I have met many poor people who have only 1 or 2 kids and rich people who have up to 8. Not all poor people are the same. this kind of question is like asking "why are white people racist" when a lot of them are not or "why are black people uneducated" or "why are women gold diggers". These types of questions make no sense to me because its like insulting other people who are not anything like you perceive them to be just because they belong to a particular group of people.
This type of useless question the OP asking has no purpose. what answer are you expecting? obviously from the tone he has set, he just wants to see others bashing and insulting poor people. OP you don't know where you will be tomorrow, respect yourself and stop causing unnecessary drama.
The most sensible comment so far!

@topic, people have an age long wrong notion about this issue. And I however think rich people have more kids than the poor : - have you ever seen a poor man that has 80, 30, 120, 27 children? NO! Only the rich are guilty of this! Can you count how many children OBJ has? Our kings? Our great musicians?
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by HomeOfMe(f): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2016
bongolistik:
Well even in this modern age of ours, you will see mostly poor people that cannot even fend for themselves well giving birth like dog, 7,8, 9 or even 10 children in some cases.

You will see rich men giving birth to 3 to 4 kids even if they can fend for all very well but poor people never learn, they will always keep on producing babies and next thing they will start looking for who will help them train some.

What is wrong in Just having only 2 babies if you know that your only source of income is selling rat poison?

Is this not a purely self inflicted injury? Do you pity some of them in their self inflicted predicament maybe when infant hospital bills come up or children school fees and they are unable to pay ?
That's one of the things they can't buy with money.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by sirxbit(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2016
007Nasky:
na lie. Xometimes we can neva undastnd God's doing
hw is it God doing? religion is really changing people to FOOLS. u cant tink of anytin apart from religion? what idiot

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by titosantana(m): 8:52am On Sep 19, 2016
Donwizbro:
Sex i guese. Cus' when u're poor, sex is da only thing enjoyable!
Hey come on, rich folks have sex more than the poor. They have the materials to entice different women.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by 007Nasky(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2016
sirxbit:
hw is it God doing? religion is really changing people to FOOLS. u cant tink of anytin apart from religion? what idiot
man mind ur words.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2016
bongolistik:
funny you, you are quick to quote me and you are also quick to say don't quote me.. or you think quoting somebody that doesn't understand the thread is giving me joy... you are quick to cast aspersions and throw what in your mind you see as polite insult and you are also quick to tell people not to go around insulting people... my dear you have a problem believe me you, but you don't know.
still not making any sense at all. If quoting me is not giving you joy then desist from it. There's no point in saying anything if you have nothing sensible to say at all. Youre just annoyed that not everybody bit your bait. You're salty because I called you out on your ridiculous and berating statements. You need to grow up and be able to accept when you're wrong. Even if you don't say it publicly, read corrections, learn a lesson and change your ways.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by gabicon: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2016
I see the problem as one of education than illiteracy, there are many birth control methods but most poor families are either not educated or poorly educated about these methods.

Secondly cost of health care is kind of high for the average Nigerian a family that can barely feed on $1 a day how do you expect them to afford birth control like condom or contraceptive pill.

Thirdly religious sentiments people believe that children are from God but forget that they trigger Gods hand in giving them children through sex, I believe the religious institutions have a role to play in straighting folks out.

Fourthly we have very weak laws in the country, if a parent knows he can go to jail for not caring for their children they will sit up, if we have child labour laws or social services that come to take away peoples children that they can't care for the menace will reduce.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Emeonyerichard(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2016
bongolistik:
if people believe that with 9 kids God can do wonders in any of them, why can't they believe that with 2 kids God can equally do wonders in one of the kids or even both?
I wudnt no Bro.. Bt i jst gave u a reason out of many other suggestions others has bin gvn fr the reasons behind dia child bearing in large number.. Dia level of undrstndin sud b questioned here.. Or so i tot
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Metroman7: 9:29am On Sep 19, 2016
MissGdope:
one thing i detest a lot is generalization. Its absolutely ridiculous to assume that a whole group of people are one way just because of the actions of a few. I have met many poor people who have only 1 or 2 kids and rich people who have up to 8. Not all poor people are the same. this kind of question is like asking "why are white people racist" when a lot of them are not or "why are black people uneducated" or "why are women gold diggers". These types of questions make no sense to me because its like insulting other people who are not anything like you perceive them to be just because they belong to a particular group of people.
This type of useless question the OP asking has no purpose. what answer are you expecting? obviously from the tone he has set, he just wants to see others bashing and insulting poor people. OP you don't know where you will be tomorrow, respect yourself and stop causing unnecessary drama.

Op's assumption is based on aggregate...Asking questions is the basis of philosophy and everone has freedom to ask questions and everone is entitled to an opinion. It is only through that we learn. However ops use of the word "Dog" is improper. But to tell you the truth there have been a lot of conributions including yours which has really brought this topic to limelight, As the contributors have ushered reasons from a whole new perspective/ dimension. hence, it has passed for a good question now a good topic of discourse.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by XCLUX(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2016
Because my mom gave birth to five males and two end up winning visa lottery in two years that's how our story change.
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2016
Educate me brother...

[size=16pt]First of all you have still failed to do the needful by calling people 'dogs' for giving birth to many kids.
[/size]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bongolistik:
You are missing the point here. Pointing out few rich people with many kids doesn't justify your stance. And even if the rich men have 30 children or more, I don't think it's a problem, so far they can be fend for.

I made it clear that there are people who were having many kids who are not that rich. I only pointed to the Kennedy family as an example of a rich couple having a large family. I never made any attempt to justify bringing more kids into the world if you can't cater for them. I stated that its a 'choice'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bongolistik:
One of the reasons why people like 2face is that he takes care of all his kids from his different mamas very well and that is it, but if for instance he doesn't have the financial power, what do you think would be happening to his kids? Probably there might be difficulty to cater for them, and it might turn out a problem at long run.

Now you present 2face as the archetypal man who can cater for his family. FYI he's no better than those who bring kids into the world who don't have as much money as you would call 'rich'. But I guess that in your world, money is all that a child needs. And don't presume that you know what is happening to those kids now even as their father keeps sending money. And you don't know whether or not problems will arise in the long run.
In summary, 2face is ok, but the other lots are 'dogs'. In mama patie voice "kontinu" smh, seriously

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bongolistik:
Nobody says having plenty children is bad, but being reasonable at all stages in life is likewise important...we have heard of many cases where men abandoned their wives and children and ran away because of inability to fend for the families..I have not only heard but I have seen myself.

And nowhere did I say it is reasonable to NOT take account of your capabilities. We have equally heard of many cases where women abandoned their husbands so they could collect millions of dollars and vice versa. The point is, the couple who would stay together would stay together. And who is to say that women don't leave their husbands for same reason as you pointed out?
In summary, the argument of men leaving their family because of financial difficult is dead and can't even arrive here.

[size=16pt]No hard feelings bro but still you have to do the needful. That is the sole reason I replied you post[/size]
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 10:39am On Sep 19, 2016
iamloyalty:
Well said, sometimes they even hav the believe that is one has 1 or 2 children something bad like death will happen to them so they tend to procreate children they cant care for.
dear you are absolutely right, I have seen woman saying that with all manners of seriousness.. She was like what if one dies.. You can imagine thinking.. Haven't they seen where calamity struck and 7 children of the family all died?
Re: Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? by bongolistik(m): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2016
MissGdope:

still not making any sense at all. If quoting me is not giving you joy then desist from it. There's no point in saying anything if you have nothing sensible to say at all. Youre just annoyed that not everybody bit your bait. You're salty because I called you out on your ridiculous and berating statements. You need to grow up and be able to accept when you're wrong. Even if you don't say it publicly, read corrections, learn a lesson and change your ways.
always sounding funny as if you truly got some valuable points all alone. Maybe you were not following the thread from the beginning. Were you the first to call me out? Then why are you selfishly sounding as if you are the only one trying to make common sense? The question you should ask yourself is; why you since you were not even the first to call me out?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? / How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart? / "My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.