Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

- Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (4494 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / A Case For Agnosticism / Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 19, 2016

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: by onetrack(m): 7:43am On Sep 19, 2016
I agree that Christianity is full of confusion, and if you go a bit deeper into Islam, you will also find plenty of confusion as well. Islam's appeal to reason is like this: any reasonable person should see that the Quran is the word of God, plain and simple. I've gone through the Quran carefully and found lots of errors and contradictions and therefore it is not reasonable for me to see it is the word of some god. But in the end Islam demands that you accept it under threats of eternal torture, just like Christianity. This is not an appeal to reason.

2 Likes

Re: by annunaki2(m): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2016
The OP's story sounds very watery, illogical and probably full of lies. Obviously she knows nothing about Islam else she would know that Islam forbids questioning it, you must accept it blindly. Also Christianity allows for questioning and reason contrary to her claims and if she truly knows anything about Islam, she will realise it's the most inconsistent, contradictory, conceited and vile religious belief system that was ever imagined on this planet.

5 Likes

Re: by Ranchhoddas: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2016
Allah is the greatest, the Merciful and the Benevolent. Welcome to the religion of peace. Be steadfast, Al-Jannah beckons.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: by masseratti: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I was raised in a strong Christian household, got baptized when I was 12. My parents used to take me and my siblings to church every Sunday and for weekly services as well, we hardly missed any day. They made sure we were actively involved in church activities. They made sure to always remind us that heaven and hell were real, most especially hell.. In a nutshell, they did their best in raising me "in the way of the Lord"

The stories in the bible never actually made any sense to me but i knew not to ask questions or to have doubts so i kept silent. Each day I grew more skeptical about religion - Christianity. I wasn't totally convinced about the existence of non-existence of God. I was definitely not a Christian, I guess you could call me an agnostic, leaning towards atheism.

But i was still looking for answers, tried to be as open minded as possible. As we all know agnosticism connotes confusion and I needed to know where I stood, I became very uncomfortable being what I was - an agnostic. Christianity definitely wasn't the answer, been there done that.
So I started doing research, won't go into details about that though...

In the course of my research, I ran into an old friend, a Muslim, we exchanged numbers and got talking... He knew about my stance on religion so he brought it up.. Usually I would change the topic but i just thought " well fvck it".. He started teaching me about Islam, I was reading about it as well. It just made sense to me. As a Christian, I had to go on blind faith, but in Islam, there's room for logic. Islam welcomes doubts and questions that I could never ask as a Christian....

The Quranic description of a creator was much more different and the appeal to rationality and reason... So, after a long spiritual journey and a lot of learning, of course, I accepted Islam...

And I found peace smiley smiley
op you need to go deep and do your research very well all Abrahamic religion has the same God concept, do more research about Islam,read the Quran and hadith's,let's see if you will still hold same opinion.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2016
masseratti:
,read the Quran and hadith's,let's see if you will still hold same opinion.
I have and I still do

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I was raised in a strong Christian household, got baptized when I was 12. My parents used to take me and my siblings to church every Sunday and for weekly services as well, we hardly missed any day. They made sure we were actively involved in church activities. They made sure to always remind us that heaven and hell were real, most especially hell.. In a nutshell, they did their best in raising me "in the way of the Lord"

The stories in the bible never actually made any sense to me but i knew not to ask questions or to have doubts so i kept silent. Each day I grew more skeptical about religion - Christianity. I wasn't totally convinced about the existence of non-existence of God. I was definitely not a Christian, I guess you could call me an agnostic, leaning towards atheism.

But i was still looking for answers, tried to be as open minded as possible. As we all know agnosticism connotes confusion and I needed to know where I stood, I became very uncomfortable being what I was - an agnostic. Christianity definitely wasn't the answer, been there done that.
So I started doing research, won't go into details about that though...

In the course of my research, I ran into an old friend, a Muslim, we exchanged numbers and got talking... He knew about my stance on religion so he brought it up.. Usually I would change the topic but i just thought " well fvck it".. He started teaching me about Islam, I was reading about it as well. It just made sense to me. As a Christian, I had to go on blind faith, but in Islam, there's room for logic. Islam welcomes doubts and questions that I could never ask as a Christian....

The Quranic description of a creator was much more different and the appeal to rationality and reason... So, after a long spiritual journey and a lot of learning, of course, I accepted Islam...

And I found peace smiley smiley
Good luck to you and your new found religion. But what happens when your curiosity stirs up answers that no longer coincides with your conscience, can you leave Islam like you left christianity? What were the questions you could never ask a christian?

3 Likes

Re: by Ranchhoddas: 9:04am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Good luck to you and your new found religion. But what happens when your curiosity stirs up answers that no longer coincides with your conscience, can you leave Islam like you left christianity? What were the questions you could never ask a christian?
You are gradually turning to a fanatic. She said she found peace, which is what you said you found in your conversion thread. What makes you think her curiousity and not yours will stir up questions which would collide with her conscience eventually?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2016
Good observation, thanks. What's the worst a fanatic like me can do? By the way, the question wasn't for you, neither were you mentioned. I wonder why you developed an impulse to reply my comment. Are you a muslim? No. Are you a christian? No. Are you looking for reason(s) to become religious? No. So tell me, what is it you are searching for on these threads, friends?
Ranchhoddas:
You are gradually turning to a fanatic. She said she found peace, which is what you said you found in your conversion thread. [b]What makes you think her curiousity and not yours will stir up questions which would collide with her conscience eventually?
Re: by Ranchhoddas: 9:26am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Good observation, thanks. What's the worst a fanatic like me can do? By the way, the question wasn't for you, neither were you mentioned. I wonder why you developed an impulse to reply my comment. Are you a muslim? No. Are you a christian? No. Are you looking for reason(s) to become religious? No. So tell me, what is it you are searching for on these threads, friends?
This is a rather disappointing response. You are human afterall. I believe this is a public forum and I don't need a reason to peruse threads. Now answer my question.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2016
I disappoint you? Thanks again for the compliment. Indeed, I am human but I only try. Yes, it is a public forum, you are free to be anywhere you choose but just as I see some of your comments asking specific questions directed at someone and don't jump on it calling you a fanatic without even answering the questions asked on the comment but rather ask another question.
First, you tell me what answers you are out to find, then I would answer your question. I don't think you are a muslim, neither are you a christian and I certainly don't think you are looking for reason to become religious. These are not absolute so correct me on any of these assumptions with the answer to my question to you.
Ranchhoddas:
This is a rather disappointing response. You are human afterall. I believe this is a public forum and I don't need a reason to peruse threads. Now answer my question.
Re: by Rilwayne001: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2016
annunaki2:
The OP's story sounds very watery, illogical and probably full of lies. Obviously she knows nothing about Islam else she would know that Islam forbids questioning it, you must accept it blindly. Also Christianity allows for questioning and reason contrary to her claims and if she truly knows anything about Islam, she will realise it's the most inconsistent, contradictory, conceited and vile religious belief system that was ever imagined on this planet.

Christianity doesn't allow for questioning and reason. The other day i asked truthmans2012 about the concept of Trinity, he said i would need the holy spirit to understand the concept. I now asked him that, could it be that you (annunaki), for you not to understand the concept, does it mean that you don't have the holy spirit? I am yet to get a response for that.

It is only in Christianity, that you have to first of all have blind faith before you can understand the way of God, it isn't so in Islam. It is only in Christianity that everyone claim to have the holy spirit as guidance when actually they all differ in the interpretation of the Bible as well as the doctrine they follow.

You know all these, don't you? Yet you go about lying for Jesus.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: by haffaze777(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Christianity doesn't allow for questioning and reason. The other day i asked truthmans2012 about the concept of Trinity, he said i would need the holy spirit to understand the concept. I now asked him that, could it be that you (annunaki), for you not to understand the concept, does it mean that you don't have the holy spirit? I am yet to get a response for that.

It is only in Christianity, that you have to first of all have blind faith before you can understand the way of God, it isn't so in Islam. It is only in Christianity that everyone claim to have the holy spirit as guidance when actually they all differ in the interpretation of the Bible as well as the doctrine they follow.

let's see what he got to say to dis

1 Like

Re: by Ranchhoddas: 10:05am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
I disappoint you? Thanks again for the compliment. Indeed, I am human but I only try. Yes, it is a public forum, you are free to be anywhere you choose but just as I see some of your comments asking specific questions directed at someone and don't jump on it calling you a fanatic without even answering the questions asked on the comment but rather ask another question.
First, you tell me what answers you are out to find, then I would answer your question. I don't think you are a muslim, neither are you a christian and I certainly don't think you are looking for reason to become religious. These are not absolute so correct me on any of these assumptions with the answer to my question to you.
I am a bit confused. What is the question?
Re: by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 19, 2016
tell me what answers you are out to find? then I would answer your question. I assume you are not a muslim, neither are you a christian nor are you looking for reason(s) to become religious or find God. So, correct any of these assumptions with the answer to the bolded question to you.
Ranchhoddas:
I am a bit confused. What is the question?
Re: by Ranchhoddas: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
tell me what answers you are out to find? then I would answer your question. I assume you are not a muslim, neither are you a christian nor are you looking for reason(s) to become religious or find God. So, correct any of these assumptions with the answer to the bolded question to you.
I don't think you can provide the 'answers' that I seek. I just want you to answer a specific question.
Re: by raphieMontella: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

www.nairaland.com/3343566/war-against-christianity....by-christians
the ''holy-spirit'' is drunk..
Re: by jared007: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2016
I wonder how many people u met for explanation of bible verses b4 u joined islam. Bible verses doesnt make sense to a fleshy mindset without illumination from the Holy Spirit or explanation 4rm a teacher. There may be a lie somewhere in ur write-up.
Re: by Rilwayne001: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2016
raphieMontella:

www.nairaland.com/3343566/war-against-christianity....by-christians
the ''holy-spirit'' is drunk..

Funny enough, they will soon come here to tell you that the sin against the holy spirit will not be forgiven.

Nice thread BTW

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 19, 2016
Very good questions from you cheesy I'm laughing here cheesy. But there are scripture-based answers to those questions, I was also curious about the triune God. Sadly, even as a pentecostal myself, pentecostalism is mostly antagonistic to intellectualism and it makes one wonder if God wanted us to be stupid before we could become true worshippers but NO! He should be glorified even with our intellect. it is rather ego-filled pastors with no depth in theology that are usually afraid of common sense questions.
Like I said, it is only in modern pentecostalism, not Christianity that expects blind faith and sustained ignorance of the bible just so that they can have free rein in the abuse genuine christians. A lot of atheists have found God through reason, historical accounts and evidences. There is no theologian, priest or pastor in orthodox churches that won't easily answer this question or even discourage asking such questions.
Nobody who knows Jesus would lie about Him.
Rilwayne001

cc OliviaPope
Re: by masseratti: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I have and I still do
its Good you are reading it,if you say the bible contradict it self,what do you say about the Koran,the authentic hadith,the good hadith and the other ones?

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Okay. If I don't know what you look out for and going by your silence, that you affirm my assumptions. I have no response for you because the answer would be irrelevant anyway.
Ranchhoddas:
I don't think you can provide the 'answers' that I seek. I just want you to answer a specific question.
Re: by Ranchhoddas: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Okay. If I don't know what you look out for and going by your silence, that you affirm my assumptions. I have no response for you because the answer would be irrelevant anyway.
Ah. Message received.

1 Like

Re: by promise10: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

You are not saying this out of what the bible teaches but on the basis of what truthman said. Which TOTALLY BASELESS!

1 Like

Re: by Rilwayne001: 11:22am On Sep 19, 2016
promise10:

You are not saying this out of what the bible teaches but on the basis of what truthman said. Which TOTALLY BASELESS!

I'm not saying it on the basis of what he said, rather on what Christianity is all about.

4 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
What were the questions you could never ask a christian?
I hope this answers your question.

Rilwayne001:

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2016
I didn't create this thread to engage in arguments about which religion is superior or true, just sharing my experience .. i have found peace like never before. Alhamdulillah

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: by promise10: 11:42am On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I'm not saying it in the basis of what he said, rather on what Christianity is all about.
Then I challenge you to prove it with the bible alone!
Re: by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I didn't create this thread to engage in arguments about which religion is superior or true, just sharing my experience .. i have found peace like never before. Alhamdulillah

May Allaah keep you on the straight path as you've found it – Ameen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
onetrack:
I agree that Christianity is full of confusion, and if you go a bit deeper into Islam, you will also find plenty of confusion as well. Islam's appeal to reason is like this: any reasonable person should see that the Quran is the word of God, plain and simple. I've gone through the Quran carefully and found lots of errors and contradictions and therefore it is not reasonable for me to see it is the word of some god. But in the end Islam demands that you accept it under threats of eternal torture, just like Christianity. This is not an appeal to reason.

There are no contradiction in Islam. There are only contradistinction
Re: by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:

May Allah guide you in the religion of peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
Christians cannot ask pastor about this verse.

[b]For the wrath of God l is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth For what can be Known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the CREATOR, who is blessed forever! Amen. [/b]

Roman 1:18-25

Even now they cannot say anything about the above verse.

[b] Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Is a Man and Servant of God

“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified HIS SERVANT JESUS" (Acts 3:13)
" a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)

"Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

God is Spirit and Have No Flesh

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24 )

Does this leave the option that God as a spirit could also have a "body of flesh and bones?" Here is how Jesus defined a spirit:

Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Have Bone And Flesh

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:39 )

Christians Reply: Jesus is both fully human and divine. This is the reason why God gave Him a human mother, so that he could be connected with us in such a way that He could perform the perfect sacrifice for us.

Bible says that God is Not Man

"God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

For those who will say, why are you quoting old testament.

Mathew 5:16
New International Version
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Be The Anti-christ / Wtchcraft And Dark Manipulations / God Is A Tester Not A Tempter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.