Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment (837945 Views)

FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! / Erisco Foods Limited 2016 Recruitment (97 Positions) / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by EazyMoh(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2017
Erenje24:
who is feeding u with lies? am sure u have not gone to fcsc to see 4 urself APLs er typed according to the documented files, don't be deceived, xcept u have another way (connection) otherwise, fcsc documentation is a prerequisite
OK boas I don't wanna argue, but yahmaid04 said the same thing as well. and yes I was at FCSC and I was told by a staff in my commissioners office.
Am not saying the documentation is not important, but if you made it to the list of successful candidates your APL will be typed and you can do the documentation even on the of receiving the letter.
Why do you think most commissioners never took the documentation serious?
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by motivationspika(m): 7:52am On Aug 11, 2017
You see, before now, documentation use to come only after appointment letters have been issued. This year's case is different. They have their reasons. But it doesn't mean because someone wasn't called for documentation, he/she won't be issued appointment letters supposing his/her name was officially shortlisted for the job originally.Many people that were interviewed may have to find their way to Wuse Zone 3 to see if their appointment letters are also there by the time appointment letters start rolling in officially, whether you were initially called or not.Mark my words
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by yahmaid04(m): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2017
Erenje24:
who is feeding u with lies? am sure u have not gone to fcsc to see 4 urself APLs er typed according to the documented files, don't be deceived, xcept u have another way (connection) otherwise, fcsc documentation is a prerequisite
Erenje documentation is important yes but trust me many will do it after APL is issued to them. It is the same wether you do it now or later. They will be typing letters with reference to list of successful candidates.

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Abdulqareem: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2017
Can somebody for God's sake help me to check these names in Niger State 1. Kareem ismaila (Education Officer II) 2. Shehu Nasiru (Technical Instructor II)
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by gennylota: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Erenje24:
It is not lies Erenje dear. 99% right
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by yahmaid04(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
Abdulqareem:
Can somebody for God's sake help me to check these names in Niger State
1. Kareem ismaila (Education Officer II)
2. Shehu Nasiru (Technical Instructor II)
last time i was there, u can only chck for yourself unless u know somebody who works there.
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Erenje24(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
yahmaid04:
Erenje documentation is important yes but trust me many will do it after APL is issued to them. It is the same wether you do it now or later. They will be typing letters with reference to list of successful candidates.
I have not said one can't get apl without documentation, one can also document after collection of apl, what am against is 4 one to say documentation is not important! and people were called from different parts of Nigeria (some people even came from abroad) to do it!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by DirtyGold: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
Erenje24:
I have not said one can't get apl without documentation, one can also document after collection of apl, what am against is 4 one to say documentation is not important! and people were called from different parts of Nigeria (some people even came from abroad) to do it!
Anybody that came back from "abroad" just to do documentation for a N50k ($150) ministry job is a prime suspect except, ofcourse... by abroad you mean Ghana or Benin Republic.

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Benteke9: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
DirtyGold:

Anybody that came back from "abroad" just to do documentation for a N50k ($150) ministry job is a prime suspect except, ofcourse... by abroad you mean Ghana or Benin Republic.

What's tha business?

you wouldn't be saying this if you knew there is more to the
the monthly salary in some ministries ! smh ! ur so called abroad friends u left in America and co will envy you in some few years to come

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Yes people came from abroad I have seen and know the guy self. We did the interview together his based in UK. He never even applied for it his name was on batch B

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by DirtyGold: 4:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
Benteke9:

you wouldn't be saying this if you knew there is more to the
the monthly salary in some ministries ! smh ! ur so called abroad friends u left in America and co will envy you in some few years to come
hehehehehehe
More to the salary like compulsorily 'billing' each person that comes to your office before you do your job, right? and helping contractors 'pad' their proposals for personal benefit abi? cheesy I understand! cheesy
@the bold part: in this Nigeria without being despicably corrupt? hahahaha.... That can only be possible if those "left in America" are there illegally and/or lack the credentials to work.
Dream on fella, it's good for your health.

What's tha business?

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by DirtyGold: 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
meelerh:
Yes people came from abroad I have seen and know the guy self. We did the interview together his based in UK. He never even applied for it his name was on batch B
Exactly my point! Big suspect!! I never argued that nobody came from abroad na...
Those big cows currently swallowing everything are already queuing those who would hold forth when they are forced out..

He never applied but his name appeared while abroad and those who live next to federal secretariats across the nation who dully applied and prayed hard never got shortlisted. Interesting right? cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Erenje24(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?
is Ghana or Benin Republic not abroad??
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Erenje24(m): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
DirtyGold:

Exactly my point! Big suspect!! I never argued that nobody came from abroad na...
Those big cows currently swallowing everything are already queuing those who would hold forth when they are forced out..

He never applied but his name appeared while abroad and those who live next to federal secretariats across the nation who dully applied and prayed hard never got shortlisted. Interesting right? cheesy grin cheesy
my point is dat people came from abroad 4 dis documentation, any other tin dat is attached, I don't know of it
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by iykebest1(m): 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
yahmaid04:
last time i was there, u can only chck for yourself unless u know somebody who works there.
how do I go about the checking thing bro? Can I get someone in Abj to check for me ?
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by motivationspika(m): 7:29am On Aug 12, 2017
iykebest1:
how do I go about the checking thing bro? Can I get someone in Abj to check for me ?
You see, With a staff of the Commission there, it can be a little easier; otherwise, you may have to make a personal visit.In times like these, it can be very difficult to see who will do any checking for you. The staffers there kind of mark peoples faces so that once you check yours, it can be kind of pretty difficult to be visiting the Commission once in a while in the name of checking for others. I was at the office of the Director of Recruitment to check for one guy. When i went there another day for a similar attempt, one of the staffers spotted me and asked why i was there again. I smiled. Though she checked for me after a long wait, she told me they won't entertain that kind of idea anymore. In all, going there for whatever check is 50-50 but beautiful stories will still be shared by many here. Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Aliex: 8:37am On Aug 12, 2017
DirtyGold:

hehehehehehe
More to the salary like compulsorily 'billing' each person that comes to your office before you do your job, right? and helping contractors 'pad' their proposals for personal benefit abi? cheesy I understand! cheesy
@the bold part: in this Nigeria without being despicably corrupt? hahahaha.... That can only be possible if those "left in America" are there illegally and/or lack the credentials to work.
Dream on fella, it's good for your health.

What's tha business?

I appreciate your point but you are completely wrong in saying "That can only be possible if those "left in America" are there illegally and/or lack the credentials to work." I finished high school, A Levels in the UK with good results, and a first degree in Canada with a First Class and years of significant work experience gained while I was studying. However, I ended up as a customer service banking manager earning $2k/month which came up to little left in my bank account after paying monthly bills. I wanted more. I felt I deserved better. I was 22 at the time. I'm 37 now. I returned to Nigeria to work in the Federal Government. Initially, the compensation was little, yes. I have worked within various capacities within government and due to my field of work, I have worked on many international assignments with multilateral organizations like ECOWAS, UN etc. Doing so, we are paid several thousand dollars monthly by such bodies while still being paid our salaries and benefits by the Nigerian government. I don't pay for accommodation or many other bills while on assignment. So I end up saving a huge amount compared to being in Canada. As such, I have been able to purchase an apartment in Scarborough, near Toronto...WHILE WORKING IN NIGERIA.

I would have bought an apartment while working in Canada but could I have gotten as good and many opportunities while in the fiercely competitive employment sector in Canada? Maybe...However, what is indisputable is that I got this in NIGERIA. I didn't want to work in a bank. I studied Economics and so my friends thought it was still applicable. But I wanted to work within the field of International Economics i.e development, Int trade etc. In Canada, even with a Master's degree it is very difficult to get into the UN. I'm à civil servant here but I didn't need to be corrupt to get these opportunities here. I have since gone on to get higher degrees and further develop myself because even though people like to think the civil service is full of ineptitude​, there are a number of very competent and highly intelligent people within it. It may even surprise you to know that, while on assignment, I've met even people in the Nigerian Police Force on assignment also. My first encounter was in Haiti a few years ago. Not soldiers o...policemen. A couple of them let me know that they were sent to L'institut Français In Abuja to study french to A2 level before being​ sent to Haiti because they had no prior knowledge of French. They added that the Force sends officers to various countries where the UN has requested their presence. Yet how many of you know that such opportunities exist within the Police Force??

Like I always say, yes, Nigeria has many flaws but I have come to realize that it also has many gems hidden within it, including the civil service. It really boils down to individual foresight and priorities. So, you guys should stop dismissing everything you hear because you feel the salary is too small for anybody, moreso those in the US, Canada,UK etc to come back for. I have said this several times here, there are a lot of legitimate opportunities within Government. It is all up to you if you want to find them out, pursue them and make your own story different from the picture that has been painted of "ministry" workers. Paint your own picture! Inform yourselves! Not everybody goes to the ministry to sleep and eat groundnut.

10 Likes

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by DirtyGold: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2017
Aliex:

I appreciate your point but you are completely wrong in saying "That can only be possible if those "left in America" are there illegally and/or lack the credentials to work." I finished high school, A Levels in the UK with good results, and a first degree in Canada with a First Class and years of significant work experience gained while I was studying. However, I ended up as a customer service banking manager earning $2k/month which came up to little left in my bank account after paying monthly bills. I wanted more. I felt I deserved better. I was 22 at the time. I'm 37 now. I returned to Nigeria to work in the Federal Government. Initially, the compensation was little, yes. I have worked within various capacities within government and due to my field of work, I have worked on many international assignments with multilateral organizations like ECOWAS, UN etc. Doing so, we are paid several thousand dollars monthly by such bodies while still being paid our salaries and benefits by the Nigerian government. I don't pay for accommodation or many other bills while on assignment. So I end up saving a huge amount compared to being in Canada. As such, I have been able to purchase an apartment in Scarborough, near Toronto...WHILE WORKING IN NIGERIA.

I would have bought an apartment while working in Canada but could I have gotten as good and many opportunities while in the fiercely competitive employment sector in Canada? Maybe...However, what is indisputable is that I got this in NIGERIA. I didn't want to work in a bank. I studied Economics and so my friends thought it was still applicable. But I wanted to work within the field of International Economics i.e development, Int trade etc. In Canada, even with a Master's degree it is very difficult to get into the UN. I'm à civil servant here but I didn't need to be corrupt to get these opportunities here. I have since gone on to get higher degrees and further develop myself because even though people like to think the civil service is full of ineptitude​, there are a number of very competent and highly intelligent people within it. It may even surprise you to know that, while on assignment, I've met even people in the Nigerian Police Force on assignment also. My first encounter was in Haiti a few years ago. Not soldiers o...policemen. A couple of them let me know that they were sent to L'institut Français In Abuja to study french to A2 level before been sent to Haiti because they had no prior knowledge of French. They added that the Force sends officers to various countries where the UN has requested their presence. Yet how many of you know that such opportunities exist within the Police Force??

Like I always say, yes, Nigeria has many flaws but I have come to realize that it also has many gems hidden within it, including the civil service. It really boils down to individual foresight and priorities. So, you guys should stop dismissing everything you hear because you feel the salary is too small for anybody, moreso those in the US, Canada,UK etc to come back for. I have said this several times here, there are a lot of legitimate opportunities within Government. It is all up to you if you want to find them out, pursue them and make your own story different from the picture that has been painted of "ministry" workers. Paint your own picture! Inform yourselves! Not everybody goes to the ministry to sleep and eat groundnut.
For humour sake, i'll assume you work with Foreign Affairs and from estimation, you haven't attained the level of director. That said, I dont see how you could have acquired so much to the extent of owning a house in North America even if you save every dime of your various estacodes... Even those at directorate level cant boast of what you wrote up there (without corrupt practices and double dealings) because the civil service is not designed to make you rich but somewhat comfortable! To achieve A2 in Alliance Francaise costs very little and a short time if you aint dumb so that point aint shit... and what's more, it is open and readily available to the general public.

I understand you might be some over-optimist Nigerian seeing everything in fantastic perfection from one corner of your room or you just some paid government troll trying to spin government in bright light with the cheesy stuffs you posted now and infact, on all your posts on nairaland which "incidentally" happens to be only on this thread (no offence intended).

I am not about the opposite either but prefer to face the reality and call a spade a spade. Discerning Nigerians know the truth and it is not about politics... wishing the government well is in all of our best interests. Things are not totally bad but not as upbeat and rosy as you've painted it. Stay realistic!

What's tha business?

2 Shares

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Aliex: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2017
DirtyGold:

For humour sake, i'll assume you work with Foreign Affairs and from estimation, you haven't attained the level of director. That said, I dont see how you could have acquired so much to the extent of owning a house in North America even if you save every dime of your various estacodes... Even those at directorate level cant boast of what you wrote up there (without corrupt practices and double dealings) because the civil service is not designed to make you rich but somewhat comfortable! To achieve A2 in Alliance Francaise costs very little and a short time if you aint dumb so that point aint shit... and what's more, it is open and readily available to the general public.

I understand you might be some over-optimist Nigerian seeing everything in fantastic perfection from one corner of your room or you just some paid government troll trying to spin government in bright light with the cheesy stuffs you posted now and infact, on all your posts on nairaland which "incidentally" happens to be only on this thread (no offence intended).

I am not about the opposite either but prefer to face the reality and call a spade a spade. Discerning Nigerians know the truth and it is not about politics... wishing the government well is in all of our best interests. Things are not totally bad but not as upbeat and rosy as you've painted it. Stay realistic!

What's tha business?

Ok

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by gennylota: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2017
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by gennylota: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2017
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?
OMG,are you this ignorant? I lack words in short.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by DirtyGold: 10:29am On Aug 12, 2017
gennylota:
OMG,are you this ignorant? I lack words in short.
Please, quote my point(s) you are ignorant of so I might enlighten you sir. Thank you

What's tha business?
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by iykebest1(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2017
motivationspika:
You see, With a staff of the Commission there, it can be a little easier; otherwise, you may have to make a personal visit.In times like these, it can be very difficult to see who will do any checking for you. The staffers there kind of mark peoples faces so that once you check yours, it can be kind of pretty difficult to be visiting the Commission once in a while in the name of checking for others. I was at the office of the Director of Recruitment to check for one guy. When i went there another day for a similar attempt, one of the staffers spotted me and asked why i was there again. I smiled. Though she checked for me after a long wait, she told me they won't entertain that kind of idea anymore. In all, going there for whatever check is 50-50 but beautiful stories will still be shared by many here. Only time will tell.
thanks man. Can I ve the Office address. I'd like to send a friend who didn't participate in the process but resides in Abj.
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Erenje24(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2017
Aliex:

I would have bought an apartment while working in Canada but could I have gotten as good and many opportunities while in the fiercely competitive employment sector in Canada? Maybe...However, what is indisputable is that I got this in NIGERIA. I didn't want to work in a bank. I studied Economics and so my friends thought it was still applicable. But I wanted to work within the field of International Economics i.e development, Int trade etc. In Canada, even with a Master's degree it is very difficult to get into the UN. I'm à civil servant here but I didn't need to be corrupt to get these opportunities here. I have since gone on to get higher degrees and further develop myself because even though people like to think the civil service is full of ineptitude​, there are a number of very competent and highly intelligent people within it. It may even surprise you to know that, while on assignment, I've met even people in the Nigerian Police Force on assignment also. My first encounter was in Haiti a few years ago. Not soldiers o...policemen. A couple of them let me know that they were sent to L'institut Français In Abuja to study french to A2 level before being​ sent to Haiti because they had no prior knowledge of French. They added that the Force sends officers to various countries where the UN has requested their presence. Yet how many of you know that such opportunities exist within the Police Force??

bro, with this ur write-up, I have no doubt @all, thanks 4 clearing those that know not

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by selebobo10: 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
Bro am rily impressed and inspired by ur write up i swear...u ve jus awaken a kinda light in my heart wit pipo lik u around one is gonna attain dat height wich him or her desires...Tnx and God bless u..Directly or indirectly u ve rily inspired me and i am grateful because u jus elevated my spirit....
Aliex:

2 Likes

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by stevestephen: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
please friends, since no body could help me check for name. can some one help me with Anambra, ebonyi, and enugu commissioner so that i will confirm if my name is out. plesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss some one help his broda

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Room112(m): 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
selebobo10:
Bro am rily impressed and inspired by ur write up i swear...u ve jus awaken a kinda light in my heart wit pipo lik u around one is gonna attain dat height wich him or her desires...Tnx and God bless u..Directly or indirectly u ve rily inspired me and i am grateful because u jus elevated my spirit....
Aliex thank you for making us believe in our selves ... We can make the difference if we can only believe we can.. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by makonko(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
Please who is with BPP here?

I want to know if they are going to post us to various ministries as our station.

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by iykebest1(m): 5:45pm On Aug 13, 2017
stevestephen:
please friends, since no body could help me check for name. can some one help me with Anambra, ebonyi, and enugu commissioner so that i will confirm if my name is out. plesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss some one help his broda
same here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by Ladylexly: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yes after training I assume.
makonko:
Please who is with BPP here?

I want to know if they are going to post us to various ministries as our station.
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by makonko(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ladylexly:

Yes after training I assume.

Why can't we work at the ACTUAL BPP... the one inside villa? grin
Re: Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment by noelle1: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2017
Aliex:

Aliex:

Aliex:

Hi Aliex , you are inspiring. I would really appreciate it if you can ping me on 08038871100. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (267) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.