Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct (54960 Views)

Munonyedi Kelvin Egbo Graduates From University Of Glasgow UK With Distinction / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? / First Class Graduate Who Can't Spell 'Distinction' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
My cousin holds HND distinction in engineering.. .
Pls is it possible for her to enroll for her Masters in any university pls people help us with useful info

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by tempem: 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
I'm following.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by 007Nasky(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
i dnt knw

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by ashewoboy(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
007Nasky:
i dnt knw

then why did you CUMment? Is it because his cousin is a lady?

12 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by 007Nasky(m): 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
ashewoboy:

then why did you CUMment? Is it because his cousin is a lady?
u ar funny boy. Wht a ... Generation

4 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Gydion(m): 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
No, but u can do MBA direct.

Academic masters will require u to do PGD first

15 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by fergie001: 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
Academic MSc would need a PGDE,many years ago,it was allowed,but with wider dichotomy in our educational system esp in Engineering,it changed.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 12:28am On Sep 20, 2016
fergie001:
Academic MSc would need a PGDE,many years ago,it was allowed,but with wider dichotomy in our educational system esp in Engineering,it changed.

Is there any other departement where she could enroll for Masters outside engineering

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 12:29am On Sep 20, 2016
Gydion:
No, but u can do MBA direct.

Academic masters will require u to do PGD first

Is it possible for her to enroll for MBA even with her engineering cert
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by trishapal(f): 12:41am On Sep 20, 2016

1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
trishapal:
www.allaboutschoolsng.com

Thanks sweetheart. .. Checking it
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Gydion(m): 6:12am On Sep 22, 2016
enshi:

Is it possible for her to enroll for MBA even with her engineering cert

Yes

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2016
Gydion:

Yes

Pls do you know any school where she can do this pls...

We need ur reply urgently
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Gydion(m): 6:08am On Sep 26, 2016
Unilag just finished the sales of form.

I think UI is on sales now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by enshi(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
Gydion:
Unilag just finished the sales of form.

I think UI is on sales now

Pls do you know if she can do the masters Directly since she has distinction
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Doyin400l(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2016
enshi:

Pls do you know if she can do the masters Directly since she has distinction
No..You can only do MSc if you have Bsc or HND + PGD. Unless you have money to travel overseas with that you don't need any stress of doing PGD just MSC direct.
MyCent 1$

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by fergie001: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=enshi post=49509611]

Is there any other departement where she could enroll for Masters outside engineering [/quot
Profeasional courses that will involve MBA depending on her subject combination.
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by samuelUMOH(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
enshi:

Pls do you know any school where she can do this pls...

We need ur reply urgently
schools in South Africa will accept and give him scholarship .
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 02, 2016
She can do in it Delta state University. They accept HND for their MBA program without the PGD
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 02, 2016
I'm a graduate of a university. But, I don't see reasons for discriminating against polytechnics. Is it one of the stupidity of Nigeria? grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 02, 2016
There is no school in Nigeria that accepts HND (even if its distinction plus) for MSc.
That's the height of discrimination in certificates.
Let her try PGD or d best some schools wil giv her s Direct Entry @ 3level.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Luvdmx(m): 6:25am On Oct 02, 2016
Yes you can. I also had HND (distinction)

I did my masters without PGD.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Duke007(m): 6:26am On Oct 02, 2016
If she has the means, she can enrol for a m.eng in Germany, Australia, south africa, or any European school. Goodluck. Your time starts now!

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Mullah13(m): 6:27am On Oct 02, 2016
following
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by solace2013: 6:28am On Oct 02, 2016
enshi:

Is there any other departement where she could enroll for Masters outside engineering
No Nigerian University especially the recognized ones will take her for MSc direct in any course, she must do PGD first. In her shoes, I would go back for B.Sc/B.Eng as the case may be, with distinction in HND, the likelihood of her graduating with a first class is there, that makes her a hotcake for the academic or research communities in terms of grants, scholarships, oversea postgraduates etc. I don't know how old she is anyway. I won't allow my children to go for HND in Nigeria at the moment, this is a crazy country, I passed through HND, l had to go back for my first degree even after PGD, the discrimination was too much. There was this olodo B.Tech guy who used to be my boss, I did all the works but he comes around to talk rubbish, he unclothedness was exposed the day l resigned to go for BSc, I thank God for taking that decision, I'm enjoying it today.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 02, 2016
PGD first, no University will give ma
Stets direct.u must do pgf
Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by solace2013: 6:31am On Oct 02, 2016
Duke007:
If she has the means, she can enrol for a m.eng in Germany, Australia, south africa, or any European school. Goodluck. Your time starts now!
I would rather advise her to do BSc/B.Tech/B.Eng in those countries first otherwise she will have to also work there, if she come back to Nigeria to work, they will still discriminate against her without a PGD. No academic institution in Nigeria will even employ her as lecturer, meanwhile, the PGD curriculum is just like what is done in HND II, Nigeria is one kind country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by supereagle(m): 6:35am On Oct 02, 2016
AheadMarket:
I'm a graduate of a university. But, I don't see reasons for discriminating against polytechnics. Is it one of the stupidity of Nigeria? grin grin grin
I am a product of Poly and University, the difference is clear BTW the two.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by solace2013: 6:37am On Oct 02, 2016
Luvdmx:
Yes you can. I also had HND (distinction)
I did my masters without PGD.
That must be MBA, not an academic masters. Or where did you do it?

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by namuguibe(m): 6:40am On Oct 02, 2016
The only thing than can be directly done with an HND distinction certificate is apply for a mechanic job grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by acorntree(m): 6:44am On Oct 02, 2016
solace2013:
I would rather advise her to do BSc/B.Tech/B.Eng in those countries first otherwise she will have to also work there, if she come back to Nigeria to work, they will still discriminate against her without a PGD. No academic institution in Nigeria will even employ her as lecturer, meanwhile, the PGD curriculum is just like what is done in HND II, Nigeria is one kind country.

Even with HND+PGD+MSC no university will employ her as a lecturer, only polytechnic. Career path for HND graduates is just too narrow especially in academics.

7 Likes

Re: Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct by Dereformer(m): 6:52am On Oct 02, 2016
solace2013:

No Nigerian University especially the recognized ones will take her for MSc direct in any course, she must do PGD first. In her shoes, I would go back for B.Sc/B.Eng as the case may be, with distinction in HND, the likelihood of her graduating with a first class is there, that makes her a hotcake for the academic or research communities in terms of grants, scholarships, oversea postgraduates etc. I don't know how old she is anyway. I won't allow my children to go for HND in Nigeria at the moment, this is a crazy country, I passed through HND, l had to go back for my first degree even after PGD, the discrimination was too much. There was this olodo B.Tech guy who used to be my boss, I did all the works but he comes around to talk rubbish, he unclothedness was exposed the day l resigned to go for BSc, I thank God for taking that decision, I'm enjoying it today.

My case is similar to yours. I graduated with HND distinction from a federal polytechnic, finished my ICAN within one and half years.

After some years I had to enroll for a BSC in Accounting in a state university. I completed the program with a good first class (4.7).

Currently, I am gainfully employed.

What i tell my friends with an HND is to go for BSC. Will on it, fight to come out with first class.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

192 JAMB Score: What Are My Chances Of Getting Admission With This UTME Score? / Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) / Friends Pour Water On Graduate And His Mother At UNILAG Convocation (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.