Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,293 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:33 PM

How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja (7406 Views)

London Tower Fire: Huge Protesters Storm Council Building, Demands Justice(Pics) / Why Do We Need To Perform Or Carry Out Geo-technical/soil Investigation? / Uncompleted Building In Bwari Area Council Abuja For Urgent Sale!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by platinumtt: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
http://www.naijalandproperties.com/community/fct-abuja/how-to-carry-out-proper-search-on-area-council-land-in-abuja/

The rate at which fake documents/ titles are been sold in Abuja especially as it concerns area council lands in Abuja is quite alarming. Most especially with the so called "Window search" which can easily be manipulated by agents and many at times, the result is truly "window" as it might not be done in-depth to confirm authenticity or validity of title documents.

Below is validated means of proper search procedure on Area Council land in Abuja using Bwari Area Council as example;

1. Pay N5000 to Bwari Revenue account, obtain your teller
2. Pay another N5000 to Bwari Area council to obtain search form, also collect your receipt.
3. Submit duly completed form with photocopies of your title documents, 2 passport photographs, 2 different means of identification (e.g international passport, drivers license, national card...), teller and receipts to Bwari Area Council....

http://www.naijalandproperties.com/community/fct-abuja/how-to-carry-out-proper-search-on-area-council-land-in-abuja/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by way2go: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
Thanks a lot @ OP. This info is quite handy as I am just in the process of acquiring a plot of land behind Law school in Abuja.
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Raiden002: 12:47am On Sep 20, 2016
Please let us know how long it takes to have the result after submitting the search form.

1 Like

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by nony43(m): 6:56am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice info, I still prefer Eko to Abj
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by justi4jesu(f): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice Info @OP
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by gist4kidsblog: 6:59am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok
Thanks for the info...

To know more about stone coated roofing see @: https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing#49487066

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Batlan01: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2016
grin
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by lonelydora: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2016
Good one
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Pavore9: 7:03am On Sep 20, 2016
It should be automated so one can search online. Pay with with your debit card/bank transfer and a PIN is generated and the PIN is used to sign into the website then one keys in the details of the land he/she intends buying and the history of the land will be displayed and one can then print the search result.

2 Likes

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Deilluminator(m): 7:09am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok, thread saved. Open it when needed
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by mercyviv(f): 7:11am On Sep 20, 2016
Now I learned
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 20, 2016
Lands in abuja. One needs to be very very careful, especially when its a local land. I've got 950k stuck on a fake land since march this year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by younglawya(m): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2016
I'll advise on lagos
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by gregJN: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2016
lonelydora:
Good one
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 20, 2016
VikingsOO7:
Lands in abuja. One needs to be very very careful, especially when its a local land. I've got 950k stuck in a fake land since march this year.
wink

1 Like

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Emeka71(m): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2016
Abuja is a wonderful place to build a house.
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by olurock123: 8:03am On Sep 20, 2016
its a good move.

For your IT service....
website design and development, join us at
www.bestbraintech.com
whatsapp: 08162015270
facebook: facebook.com/bestbraintech
mail: info@bestbraintech.com
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Innodon(m): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Gabrielwilliams(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2016
Op! U wan spoil market oo.. You seem to leave out the most important detail.. "when the search report will be out". Op, we both kno that search report usually takes about 5-6months if not more due to internal factors. Until the council introduces a way in wch search report comes out faster, window search will still hold sway.

1 Like

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Gabrielwilliams(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2016
way2go:
Thanks a lot @ OP. This info is quite handy as I am just in the process of acquiring a plot of land behind Law school in Abuja.
meet me at the area council and lets talk.. Dont buy the place until you know where the land is on the system( i am a land surveyor)
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Gabrielwilliams(m): 9:01am On Sep 20, 2016
Raiden002:
Please let us know how long it takes to have the result after submitting the search form.
4-5months depending on ur connec in pushing the file. If u hv strong connec, 2 months
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by ItuExchange(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2016
What is the purpose and what would the achievement be?

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by uvalued(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2016
platinumtt:

The rate at which fake documents/ titles are been sold in Abuja especially as it concerns area council lands in Abuja is quite alarming. Most especially with the so called "Window search" which can easily be manipulated by agents and many at times, the result is truly "window" as it might not be done in-depth to confirm authenticity or validity of title documents.

Below is validated means of proper search procedure on Area Council land in Abuja using Bwari Area Council as example;

1. Pay N5000 to Bwari Revenue account, obtain your teller
2. Pay another N5000 to Bwari Area council to obtain search form, also collect your receipt.
3. Submit duly completed form with photocopies of your title documents, 2 passport photographs, 2 different means of identification (e.g international passport, drivers license, national card...), teller and receipts to Bwari Area Council....

Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Sharplogger(m): 5:46am On Sep 21, 2016
Op it's important u tell members the truth about area council allocations as it relates to the FCT...its instructive to note that it's only the Hon. Minister FCT that has the statutory powers to allocate land in the area comprising the FCT...as such Area council allocations are ALL voidable plots.

If u are not conducting a search in Abuja Geographical Information Systems (AGIS) and the said plot of land was not allocated by the Hon. Minister FCT. u thread on dangerous grounds cos the FCDA could acquire such lands in no distant future.

This thread should be closed for misleading readers.

P.s I am a lawyer in FCDA and I have gotten several Court Judgements relating the subject matter in favour of FCDA
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Raiden002: 1:15am On Sep 22, 2016
I sincerely doubt you are truly a lawyer. Please let us be objective. Today, there are area council allocations and FCDA allocations. We all know that FCDA supercedes Area council. what OP shared has to do with validating area council allocation document. Only Area council can validate title documents as per area council land allocation. After validation, you then proceed to AGIS for recertification
Sharplogger:
Op it's important u tell members the truth about area council allocations as it relates to the FCT...its instructive to note that it's only the Hon. Minister FCT that has the statutory powers to allocate land in the area comprising the FCT...as such Area council allocations are ALL voidable plots.

If u are not conducting a search in Abuja Geographical Information Systems (AGIS) and the said plot of land was not allocated by the Hon. Minister FCT. u thread on dangerous grounds cos the FCDA could acquire such lands in no distant future.

This thread should be closed for misleading readers.

P.s I am a lawyer in FCDA and I have gotten several Court Judgements relating the subject matter in favour of FCDA
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Sharplogger(m): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2016
Raiden002:
I sincerely doubt you are truly a lawyer. Please let us be objective. Today, there are area council allocations and FCDA allocations. We all know that FCDA supercedes Area council. what OP shared has to do with validating area council allocation document. Only Area council can validate title documents as per area council land allocation. After validation, you then proceed to AGIS for recertification

I do not intend to trade words with anybody...by section 297 of the 1999 constitution of the FRN is to the effect that all lands in the area comprising the Federal Capital Territory shall vest in the Government of the FRN...by a plethoria of decided authorities...that section has been further amplified by saying all lands in FCT vests in the president of Nigeria who in turn delegates his power of allocation to the Hon. Minister FCT to allocate same in his stead and it's a notorious fact that a delegated authority cannot be further delegated as such no area council chairman or secretary rural land adjudication committee or anybody however couched has the authority to allocate land in the area comprising the FCT safe the Hon. Minister FCT.

I hope u would LEARN a lil from this and stop spewing gibberish. besides Google is ur friend. A word is enough for the wise. I halt

p.s
if u like buy area council land...wen e happen ur eye go clear
Re: How To Carry Out Proper Search On Area Council Land In Abuja by Raiden002: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
By now, with the advent of technology, we should not be talking of days or even month to carry out search on things like this. This should have been automated long ago. But you will be surprised that those at the helms of power have deliberately made it hard to pave way for their own gain. Those guys at development control are something else. Once they see any 2 or 3 blocks, next thing is RED paint: STOP WORK, without checking or verifying anything. Even if you have all the approval, you must drop something. The whole system is messed up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pop Expert...interior & Exterior Decoration Design.. / *edge Villa Estate, Behind Amen Estate, Eleko. Off Lekki Expressway. @#3.040m / Experienced Realtors Needed: Instant Direct Commissions Plus Incentives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.