Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire (15077 Views)

Latest Jobs In Nigeria On Careernaija - Apply Now! / Someone Help!! Please How Do I Change My Country To Nigeria On Linkedin / Be Our Guest At The First Civil Society Awards In Nigeria On June 29th. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by banmee(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2016
cococandy:

What can I say?

When someone believes a child is a witch and deserves to be starved to death (plus other chill-inducing stories like that), do I have a moral right to tell another right-thinking individual not to feel superior to them?

These things are the natural consequences of a long history of animalistic behavior that our people have refused to let go of.

I'll be watching from the sidelines. cool

You just have to wonder. Smh.

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Mandu11(m): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2016
As for me,no be lie o.
Nigerians abroad have had their "reasonings" about life upgraded.I think the major problem of africa and mostli nigeria is not povertq atall but our mentalitq,our thinking is so poor.
Naturallq africa is blessed(natural resources,fertile land),but it's like God did not give us the right mindset(common sense).An average blackman is a problem to his brother,greediness and bad belle is our second name.Africa is suppose to be among the richest continents on earth.Ignorance has eaten deep into our blood,bones,cells and heart.It's a verq serious matter

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by shine12: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2016
lonelydora:
Abroad work is type by type. We are not handing over our country to someone who all his life has been washing dead bodies in mogue or peeling potatoes at a restaurant.

Noone washes dead body or peel potato. It's a myth.Even funeral home business is a very lucrative business though.

6 Likes

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by DeRay98(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2016
ochallo:
There are two sides to a coin over this. When I traveled and stayed abroad for three years honestly my way of thinking and looking at life completely changed , I didn't realize it until I came back and lived among my people. But to think staying abroad automatically makes you a problem solver and superstar is shallow. Our university lecturers in federal universities studied for masters or PhD abroad yet they came back to destroy the educational system in my university back then and it took some one with first degree, masters and PhD in religious studies from the same school to at least set it on the right path. But we should all get exposure in Nigeria because a typical Nigerian lacks it.

Honestly and sound reasoning...
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by bettercreature(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2016
Junior66:
Nigerians should relax joor. Most of those guys abroad have more exposure than us even if it does not directly translate to good leadership skills. How do you compare someone who has lived in say Abuja or Lagos to someone sho has lived all his/her life in London, Berlin, Madrid etc? Places where things actually work, where the people are sane? Its not fair to compare a Nigerian born and bred here to a Nigerian born andbred abroad?
You are on point here,there is no way you can develop your country without international exposure but at the same time,you can not rule a country if you have never lived their

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 20, 2016
highwaist:
Most of diaspora people,are find it difficult to progress in 9ja that's why they left this country.they wiLll still fail if they run this country
how dem no go run?
when bad is unofficially good.
if naija people find out you are clean, truthful and honest, they will ostracize you, sideline you and frustrate your soul.
they should move,
Alibaba` s Jack Ma moved and years later he transformed, the thinking and mentality chaged, he later founded one of the giant companies in the world!.
naija hardly give person chance even if nah half chance, unless man know man
lets call a spade a spade.
if you go out with your CV to find job, these HR people will be looking at you as a madman or a madwoman, it is just terrible.
if you go to government parastatal they will be asking you who (politician/eminent person God father or Godmother) sent you before they attend to you. most of the people having the economic power at the moment, holding sway are too greedy, this is the problem.

they should not only give people whose names sound like Azikiwe, Awolowo or Tafawa chance/attention!
An unknown Okon or Dauda should be able to get admission or a good job without ever knowing any man from Adam. This is my craving.

things will get better?>

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:17am On Sep 20, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Baba wey no know where west Germany dey?
The same way Obama called Nigeria an eastern African nation. Receive sense.
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by rosalieene(f): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. For example YOU!
Next time when you feel the need to quote me, read my post thrice before rushing to comment. That was no comment of generalization but a specific one directed at the Nigerian who twitted that sh1t!

So madam no sense, before you call my comment half-sensible, be sure you have enough sense to match mine.
dearie, next time ignore her..
she derives joy in e-fights. That's all she does here on NL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by naptu2: 8:22am On Sep 20, 2016
This is just like the 2007 Nairaland Civil War between the Nigerians in Nigeria (NINs) and the Nigerians in the diaspora (NIDs). The Bannorable One was the mediator.

https://www.nairaland.com/72759/nigerians-nigeria-versus-nigerians-diaspora

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2016
Living in abroad does not make you smart. We have had many politicians and technocrats in Nigeria that were based in foreign countries, many of them couldn't proffer solutions to the problem instead they squander our treasury. All they know how to do is, speaking phonetics. Many of them don't know how Nigeria works. If not that the constitution says, as long as you have a Nigerian parent or grandparents you are a Nigerian, I wouldn't want Nigerians from Abroad to hold any post be it elected or appointment.
What an insolence from Nigerians in abroad discriminating Nigerians at home.
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by amicable09(f): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2016
rosalieene:

dearie, next time ignore her..
she derives joy in e-fights. That's all she does here on NL
Sweetheart you should know me na grin.
I like her type, pretty face with senseless fish brain. The moment I saw her mention this morning, I could smell senselessness written over her comment.

It's no surprise you know her kind. One more quote from her on my post and I'll be DONE with her grin. You know what I mean cheesy
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by ephi123(f): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2016
ochallo:
There are two sides to a coin over this. When I traveled and stayed abroad for three years honestly my way of thinking and looking at life completely changed , I didn't realize it until I came back and lived among my people. But to think staying abroad automatically makes you a problem solver and superstar is shallow. Our university lecturers in federal universities studied for masters or PhD abroad yet they came back to destroy the educational system in my university back then and it took some one with first degree, masters and PhD in religious studies from the same school to at least set it on the right path. But we should all get exposure in Nigeria because a typical Nigerian lacks it.

So very true.

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by lolamitayo: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2016
Every thing about life has something to do with your state of mind.

It is an opportunity to have worked outside of Nigeria with the World Bank but it is not a prerequisite that I am better than those in Nigeria, it is an opportunity as earlier said and remain so.

If opportunity comes for those in Nigeria they may perform better than I.

Do not look down on yourself, you are a dynamite going somewhere to explode!

9ger for life!
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by rosalieene(f): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2016
amicable09:

Sweetheart you should know me na grin.
I like her type, pretty face with senseless fish brain. The moment I saw her mention this morning, I could smell senselessness written over her comment.

It's no surprise you know her kind. One more quote from her on my post and I'll be DONE with her grin. You know what I mean cheesy
lmaooooo
I trust you

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by logicab: 8:36am On Sep 20, 2016
banmee:

. .where have you ever seen a suspect summarily executed in the streets with the citizens chanting in support? That alone should tell you the kind of people who live in Nigeria are. How do you expect me not to think that i am better than someone who thinks like an animal?
So you think Nigerians abroad don't or won't engage in jungle justice? As someone said; you can't take the Nigerian out of a Nigerian.
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by BlackBaron: 8:36am On Sep 20, 2016
When you live abroad especially in a developed country, you mostly get exposed to a different system which mostly works.

Example, roads get patched up/replaced overnight while you sleep. Their attitude to service, etc.

This doesn't mean after exposure to such, you automatically become 'superior'. I'd bet many Nigerians who haven't travelled may also have similar mindset of purpose and efficient systems, albeit they get frustrated by the current system where quite a few are more interested in keeping it backwards to satisfy their own pocket.

You'll be surprised how many Nigerians came back with innovative ideas only to become disillusioned with the lack of uptake of their ideas and leave disappointed.

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by 4nobody4every1: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2016
cool

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Maski87: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2016
lonelydora:
Abroad work is type by type. We are not handing over our country to someone who all his life has been washing dead bodies in mogue or peeling potatoes at a restaurant.
Then how come PMB is your president

3 Likes

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by ephi123(f): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2016
For me, I would say living in an environment where you see a government functioning the way it should, where systems have been set up, where citizens get value for their taxes - all these gradually change your way of thinking BUT as others have pointed out, it has absolutely no correlation to leadership - afterall the known thief Ibori worked in the UK for a while and even committed fraud there while working.

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Schwartz: 8:44am On Sep 20, 2016
banmee:

You just have to wonder. Smh.
The only difference between people abroad(Western countries of course) and people back home in Nigeria is the attitude. Now I understand that phrase"ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING". I have looked around me and sat down to think seriously. From what I have observed, I am sorry to say but Nigeria can never be better until everyone begins to have the right attitude.
It is still shocking to me that people here do the right things and obey the law because its the right thing to do not because they could get caught.
I live in a block of 250 apartments (fully occupied) but if a pin drops you could hear the sound because no one talks loudly or uses loud music to disturb. Its always quiet and neat all the time. On the busy streets of Germany, I have heard a car horn only maybe twice. There is no need because everyone obeys traffic and drives reasonably. You don't see anyone here eat and throw waste out of their windows. I could go on and on.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Maski87: 8:44am On Sep 20, 2016
Is don't matter were you live, you can never change nigeria, rather nigeria will change you, it is a cultural and mind set problem
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Wiltonoreps07: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2016
For me, this is just a clear depiction of a blockhead who jealously gave up on his country. But its so pathetic how people think nowadays....smh
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by diva90: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2016
lonelydora:

But that potato peeler earns in a week what many Nigerians earn in 3 months grin
People in developed countries know that It takes collective efforts of individuals in different sectors to make a nation work great and this is one of the many reasons why the US is prosperous, people don't look down on jobs and everyone is level headed and humble, take a cue from even Obama and his family. His daughter did a summer job at a restaurant, how many big men in nigeria will let their kids do that?

7 Likes

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by enomakos(m): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok i hear
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by diva90: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2016
shine12:

Noone washes dead body or peel potato. It's myth.Even funeral home business is a very lucrative business though.

Not only is it lucrative, funeral directors and people who run funeral homes are certified and go to school just To acquire that skill. It's only in nigeria that people look that on such jobs and get paid peanuts.

2 Likes

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by OnaRegina: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2016
highwaist:
Most of diaspora people,are find it difficult to progress in 9ja that's why they left this country.they wiLll still fail if they run this country

This is not necessarily true. What about the people whose parents send them there for university or even earlier for a better education? What about the people who rose up to be very senior at their jobs? Do not think the only people abroad are those who struggled very hard to get a visa just to run away from Nigeria. There are people excelling abroad!

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by diva90: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2016
When you talk about exposure, Nigerians abroad are definitely more exposed. Where do you want to start from? Is it the level and quality of education they have attained? Is in their professional lives? Of course u cannot compare a Nigerian doctor and banker to a Nigerian Doctor and banker in diaspora... Their level of competence varies. Not only is the system abroad more sophisticated and advanced even technologically, the employees are thoroughly grounded and trained for the job to the T. Or do you want to judge by the saneness of the society that they are in? Where everything works and there is law and order?
Also this attitude and argument of who will come and change nigeria. Regardless of all odds, it takes a collective effort of every citizen to see change in a nation. One person cannot 'create' change for over 170million people and until Nigerians become extremely patriotic to their nation , there will be no much change. Is there any nigeria willing to die for their country? I'm sure heck no! But there are many Americans who would give and arm and an eye to see their nation great and fellow citizens thrive.

2 Likes

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2016
Wiltonoreps07:
For me, this is just a clear depiction of a blockhead who jealously gave up on his country. But its so pathetic how people think nowadays....smh

so are you also insinuating that Jack Ma who also moved from his country to seek green pasture elsewhere (perhaps must have given up) is a blockhead?

the so called blockhead you are proudly dissing here is happy peeling the potatoes and toilets over there and is being appreciated.

something tells me you are one of the "KINGKONG" holding the country and its youths to ransom.
but one day, the chains you use in tying them down will be broken violently!
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Rubyventures: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2016
Living abroad does not make you leadership material it depends on the person. e.g Ibori lived and worked in the UK before going back to Nigeria to raid the government treasury.

Also there is nothing wrong with working in a restaurant, many students in the developed world do this, irrespective of the status of their parents. It is only in Nigeria that you see a 25 year old who has not done a days job all his life and still collecting pocket money from his mummy and heckling friends and relations for money. No job is beneath anyone as long as it can pay the bills. Unfortunately Nigerians see things differently, everyone wants a job where they will wear a suit and tie and sit in an air-conditioned office.

There are not many leadership material in Nigeria most of those in power are out for what they can get, those in power who want to help the country are frustrated at theirs jobs. The way I see it there is no way forward. The wheel keeps revolving.

1 Like

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

The same way Obama called Nigeria an eastern African nation. Receive sense.

Zombie alert!
Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2016
Rubyventures:
Living abroad does not make you leadership material it depends on the person. e.g Ibori lived and worked in the UK before going back to Nigeria to raid the government treasury.

Also there is nothing wrong with working in a restaurant, many students in the developed world do this, irrespective of the status of their parents. It is only in Nigeria that you see a 25 year old who has not done a days job all his life and still collecting pocket money from his mummy and heckling friends and relations for money. No job is beneath anyone as long as it can pay the bills. Unfortunately Nigerians see things differently, everyone wants a job where they will wear a suit and tie and sit in an air-conditioned office.

There are not many leadership material in Nigeria most of those in power are out for what they can get, those in power who want to help the country are frustrated at theirs jobs. The way I see it there is no way forward. The wheel keeps revolving.
this is the pure truth!
what you have is a highly dysfunctional country. full of insanity. to have functional pipe-borne water and regular power supply is a myth.
most of the peeps you find in every strata are just sardonic, sadistic, narcisstic zombies who are comfortable with the status quo and sadly they are fast spreading the virus to sane individuals.

2 Likes

Re: What A Nigerian Living Abroad Tweeted That Has Set Twitter Nigeria On Fire by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Zombie alert!
A wazzock spotted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Build An International Career...step by step approach / Chemistry( Pure/industrial/ Analytical Etc) Graduates And Students / Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.