Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused (15455 Views)

Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" / Fayose Shares Cheese Balls To Kids in Ekiti After They Shouted "Oshoko" (Photos) / Nigeria Already Getting Out Of Recession –adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by cosby02(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
I shouted that Nigeria already in recession in 2014, but was abused by those in power.

A former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, has disclosed that the current economic recession afflicting the country started two years ago, adding that when he drew attention to the development in 2014, he was abused by those in power at the time for pointing it out.
The recession of Nigeria’s economy was confirmed when the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, issued a report claiming that the economy shrank by 2.06 percent in the second quarter of 2016, after the economy contracted by 0.36 percent in the first quarter of 2016.

The former governor, who spoke to newsmen at the weekend in Umuahia, the Abia state capital, where he was hosted by some prominent Umuahia indigenes, stated that the recession started back in 2014 when he said the Federal Government was borrowing money to pay civil servants.

According to him, “The recession started in 2014. It is just that Nigerians are biased. When I shouted in 2014 when Federal started borrowing money to pay civil servants and I said there was recession, they abused me, but I saw it coming because I am an employer of labour with over 9000 Nigerian workers, so I am an authority.

“I believe that President Buhari needs emergency laws to tackle the recession. The President has to design special law and send to the National Assembly to grant him emergency powers to tackle the economic recession because we have no two ways to go. We need to know that our belts should be tightened very well,” Kalu maintained.

He called for greater support f0r artisans who he said are presently the greatest force in the nation’s economy and for special attention and support for manufacturers.

“The moment the manufacturing sector attains full-capacity production, there will be less dependence on importation and this will shore up the value of the naira,” Kalu explained, even as he blamed the activities of Niger Delta militants for continued dwindling of the national revenue which led to a full-blown recession.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/19/shouted-nigeria-already-recession-2014-abused-power-orji-kalu/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by madridguy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
Blatant truth but the wailers are free to wail till they tire. Jonathan and his crew really bastardize our economy.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by sarrki(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
God bless you sire

N bless owelle Rochas okorocha

Illustrious son of Nigeria

You are far better than ojukwu & ipob criminal Kanu

Thank you sire

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
Story 4 d gods!!

what sort of rubbish z dat??.....Nigeria hz been in recession since 2014,yet,we bought a bag of rice for 8k then!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by sarrki(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
GODKID98:
Story 4 d gods!!

what sort of rubbish z dat??.....Nigeria hz been in recession since 2014,yet,we bought a bag of rice for 8k then!!
let me lecture you

Then boarders were not closed

The agenda of this govt is that we should be able to feed

Ourselves.

In other to create employment and reduce pressure on naira

Orji Uzor knows my Governor owelle knows too

Coz they are greater than ojukwu & criminal ipob together

No need to thank me

It's for free

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
sarrki:
let me lecture you

Ourselves.

No need to thank me

It's for free

U must hv heard sumtin abt change being a gradual process,bt d present administration made drastic decisions in a bid to effect an immediate change.

U may b right abt what u wrote,bt i wonder hw many people will survive to enjoy d fruits of those policies!!

13 Likes

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Antidote77: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
sarrki:
let me lecture you

Ourselves.

No need to thank me

It's for free

my brother, you've spoken the whole truth o. but if we talk too much now, they fit ban us.

NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH ON NAIRALAND

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by LesbianBoy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
sarrki:
let me lecture you

Ourselves.

No need to thank me

It's for free

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by GoggleB(m): 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
For 8 Years you destroyed Abia as a governor. Now you come out to talk, just because you know that whoever speak good of the government in power will escape the past atrocities. So keep quiet for we are not fools.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by MadamExcellency: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
Noise maker

Orji Kalu was wrong, Nigeria was rated as the third best place for foreign investment destination in 2014.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by aljazira: 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
Remember that GEJ devalued our currency twice from #144-#167 and later from #167-#197.

This mess took many years of unplanned policies.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by yeyeboi(m): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2016
This man is wrong

1 Like

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by VocalWalls: 8:38am On Sep 20, 2016
Dude swerve already.

You are currently owing salaries at slok.

You owed for 8 months and laid them off.

I don't think there's a saint who ranks high in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 20, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3354640/opinion-mumu-nigerian

Please checkout this thread and give your own ideas and constructive criticism

1 Like

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Firefire(m): 8:38am On Sep 20, 2016
Ediot!
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by sportskid(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2016
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Canme4u(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2016
FORWARDED AS RECEIVED

Assuming PDP is still rulling and oil price crashed from $140/barrel to $40/barrel...

Then Dasuki keeps on distributing arms' funds to Bafarawas, Metus etc...

Boko Haram keeps on occupying more LGAs in the northeast...

Patience still saves millions of dollars in her multiple accounts...

Soldiers keep on running away from the battlefield...

Asari keeps on receiving millions of dollars for guarding oil pipes...

Ayo's private jet is being used to carry millions of dollars in the name of buying arms from Israel...

we keep on having incessant explosions in churches, mosques,motor parks and markets...

TSA and BVN are still yet to be implemented...

BELIEVE ME THE COUNTRY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ONLY IN RECESSION, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN OBLIVION! I LIE?

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by salby60: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2016
embarassed
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by mercyviv(f): 8:40am On Sep 20, 2016
Maybe it was a dream then. Because now we are just facing reality. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by kings09(m): 8:41am On Sep 20, 2016
Evry1 is now claiming i-told-u-so saving voice. They r tryin not to be part of d downfall of dis shameful govt. They want to get into d good books of d ppl grin grin. 1st was pat utomi, now it's orji uzor, one by one dem don de run from d failure associated wit dis govt. 2014 indeed.
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok. Great!

**Singing Salutations**
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by melejo(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2016
sarrki:
let me lecture you

Ourselves.

No need to thank me

It's for free
You see where low self-esteem has brought you and your obscure family?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by idupaul: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2016
As long as people keep absolving Buhari of any fault in the current recession I am afraid he might never be able to proffer a solution to it

5 Likes

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by kings09(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2016
N u tink God does selective blessing?
sarrki:
God bless you sire

N bless owelle Rochas okorocha

Illustrious son of Nigeria

You are far better than ojukwu & ipob criminal Kanu

Thank you sire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok. Great!

**Singing Salutations**
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 20, 2016
Ok. Great!

**Singing Salutations**
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Thisis2raw(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2016
Congratulations Orji Kalu you made headlines today for your rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Adaanna(f): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2016
God we only depend on you, please save us.

1 Like

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by NNVanguard(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2016
Is it a thing of joy that we are in a recessed economy?
Every now have become an Economist!
Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by Harwoyeez(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2016
No, u no lie
Canme4u:
FORWARDED AS RECEIVED Assuming PDP is still rulling and oil price crashed from $140/barrel to $40/barrel... Then Dasuki keeps on distributing arms' funds to Bafarawas, Metus etc... Boko Haram keeps on occupying more LGAs in the northeast... Patience still saves millions of dollars in her multiple accounts... Soldiers keep on running away from the battlefield... Asari keeps on receiving millions of dollars for guarding oil pipes... Ayo's private jet is being used to carry millions of dollars in the name of buying arms from Israel... we keep on having incessant explosions in churches, mosques,motor parks and markets...TSA and BVN are still yet to be implemented... BELIEVE ME THE COUNTRY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ONLY IN RECESSION, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN OBLIVION! I LIE?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzor-Kalu: I Shouted That Nigeria Already In Recession In 2014, But Was Abused by FunkyMetahuman: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2016
We know.
Wailers know too.

Hatred and bigotry won't let then say the truth. cheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Appointees Of Fayose Dump PDP, Join APC / Timipre Sylva: Petrol Subsidy Will Soon Be Removed / EXCLUSIVE: Soldiers Kill Civilians, Raze Village In Bauchi *pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.