Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) (74519 Views)

₦23million Per year, Tiny Beautiful Island Seeks Immigration Officer In Airport / Tarkwa Bay Island In 2018 – Shocking Story Of An Amazing Community / Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by laikas: 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
post=49506625:

Very lovely and peaceful place, NLGN RA it's the only place were things work in this country.
my broda no be lie, if u go there u wont want to return.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
No mind am...e post company dey show us dey call am bonny island...see as e be like d place wey dem wan use act walking dead season 20...nt evn a single humanbein in all d pics.
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by Captain001(m): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
This picture is is deceptive. @OP, you're showing only the premises of NLNG and it's staff residential area. Bonny is not beautiful as you portray though it boasts of most stable power supply in Nigeria after Aso rock. If Bonny island were to be in a working country ; it will be like Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by Shym3xx: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
Nothing spectacular but neat and decent.

But how come it has so many oil exploration/exploitation facilities and bungalows? The place looks ripe for skyscrapers and business activities. A massive financial district and a domain for multi-national companies.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
post=49504686:
Bonny Island in River state, this is only city in Nigeria that enjoys 247 light for yrs
wow beautiful! How much is a plot of land there,and the water I'm seeing,is it linked to the Atlantic ocean? If they end up selling NLNG like Dangote suggested,that would be the end of Bonny Island.
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by yom2(m): 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
poyet:
This is LNG Yard. It's a place to be. I spent two days on that facility and, I must confess, it's awesome! Overtaking is not allowed, there are devices by the road side that show you at what speed you driving. Seat belts are a must! Almost everything about the place is splendid. However, jare, the Bonny town is like any other nyama - nyama Nigerian town. Shanties everywhere, untarred roads and the likes!
i guess d bonny itself is a colony on its own
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by stteejax(m): 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
feldido:

Emi oo... Doo
te ke nere?
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by scantee(m): 10:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
hUmaneOne:
OP 99% of the pictures are of the NLNG areas and not the town itself.it's just a normal town setting

The ghetto part of town is even worse than bariga and parts of ajegunle.
And not all parts of the island get 247 light from the NLNG plant too.Only finima town gets 100% light

The most clean and beautiful parts are the NLNG areas where the expats and workers stay.
Wallahi on seeing the place,you will beg for recolonisation.
bro not only finima that gets 100%, 24/7 light. Hope your aware that Nlng only supplies light for finima, RA1, 2 & Co and mission road, while Shell supplies for new road, hospital road, akiama, abalamabie and co, i think most people that depends on free token credit are the ones mostly exprience black out, or if Nlng ships are loading oil some Tubin are shut down from public use.

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by scantee(m): 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
HomeOfMe:
wow beautiful! How much is a plot of land there,and the water I'm seeing,is it linked to the Atlantic ocean? If they end up selling NLNG like Dangote suggested,that would be the end of Bonny Island.
lol the amount you will spend just to sand fill a plot of land there and the cost of doing foundation is enough to build 2 storey building in upland.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by eemjay(f): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
This is beautiful. Doesn't look like Nigeria.
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by freakyhat: 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
Specifically - it's NLNG residential area in Bonny island, and not Bonny island per se. Other places on the island are not like this. Iv been there severally
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by oxygen004: 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
They are suppose to plan for all social class... High 60% medium 25% low 15% ...... It will be a perfect city

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by mickool(m): 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
Wow!!! Beautiful place. What does it take live in this island? I want to live there ASAP.
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by ellovee(m): 11:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
[size=18pt]your research is poor, Omoku in rivers state also enjoys same degree of power supply[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by Proffdada: 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
O boy see lots of grazing area for aboki cows shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by BabaIbo: 11:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
@op, I think some part of Ajaokuta also enjoy 24/7 light... I think*
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by LeFreakSoChic(f): 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
hUmaneOne:
OP 99% of the pictures are of the NLNG areas and not the town itself.it's just a normal town setting

And not all parts of the island get 247 light from the NLNG plant too.Only finima town gets 100% light

The most clean and beautiful parts are the NLNG areas where the expats and workers stay.

You forgot how they throw prostitutes in the sea. I mean those white bastards

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by micxwell(m): 12:09am On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

They keep showing the beautiful areas. Not all areas in Finima enjoy 24/7 electricity nowadays.
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by DifferentBoy1(m): 12:13am On Sep 23, 2016
Proffdada:
O boy see lots of grazing area for aboki cows shocked grin

Hahahaha, waka, shege
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by micxwell(m): 12:13am On Sep 23, 2016
Billyonaire:
Bonny is better than Lagos 100 times.
The whole of Lagos, haba that's not fair o. No big deal jor. But it's more peaceful.
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by hardbody: 12:18am On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Make him show us finima na
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by micxwell(m): 12:22am On Sep 23, 2016
Btruth:
Really? 24/7.....? lipsrsealed, but how are we sure that it's NEPA oh sorry, PHCN that is managing them?
NLNG has got about 9 or more Gas Turbine Generators (GTGs) all under the care of 'General Electric'. They generate their own electricity not PHCN.
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by hardbody: 12:22am On Sep 23, 2016
herbie27:
Bonny has ghettos na.
Saw one part of Eleme/Onne that made me wonder if such places could be in Nigeria.
Nice one.

Aunty Eleme and Onne are no where near bonny now. Compare apples with apples not oranges, just saying

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by OluDare01(m): 12:32am On Sep 23, 2016
No wonder Dangote talk say make Naija sell LNG.
Theif

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by ogbevireo(m): 1:05am On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

And not all parts of the island get 247 light from the NLNG plant too.Only finima town gets 100% light.

Thats because Bonny indigenes refused to contribute to the upkeep of the light. Only Finima town indigenes agreed to pay a token of 1k per month per house.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by ezeagu(m): 1:11am On Sep 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:
That's Bonny. Definitely beautiful. I expected to see Onitsha. Lol@

So when you saw the word "Island", you thought of Onitsha?

The schools you attended from Primary to Tertiary needs to be shut down permanently! undecided

7 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by airsaylongcon: 2:07am On Sep 23, 2016
MOHE:

I'm a ChE grad. Any deal?

If u have HND I will aggressively follow NLNG website. Very aggressively and immediately. I can't tell you why here
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by obidevine(m): 2:37am On Sep 23, 2016
hUmaneOne:

I disagree with you, it's not just finiima that gets 24/7 light in Bonny, I was in Bonny last year for 6 months in a place calle Akiama close to where the navy base is and all thru my stay there was electricity 24/7

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by sigiyaya(m): 2:48am On Sep 23, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Jobless ugly old man be concerned for once with your useless and worthless Imo state..

[s][/s]
Bro i agree with you that Abagworo is a Jobless ugly old man that should be concerned with the evil his useless paid master Rochas is doing in imo state but pls imo is never worthless, it just a mistake made in 2011 and i can asure u that ndi imo has seriously suffered for that and has learn a bitter lesson. Imo will be great again mark my word.

Respect....

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by uvalued(m): 3:14am On Sep 23, 2016
post=49504686:
Bonny Island in River state, this is only city in Nigeria that enjoys 247 light for yrs
remember you said "island" not part of the mainland.. na lie this not naija #sarcasm grin grin. am imagining
Re: Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) by pragmatistm(m): 3:19am On Sep 23, 2016
Are you sure this is part of Nigeria?
It looks like somewhere in Europe or America.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage / Requirements For Visiting Visa To Canada / Woman Stopped At German Airport After Husband's Bones Were Found In Her Luggage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.