Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. (27922 Views)

Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
eyeview:

I graduated from that university about 15years ago and I can tell you that authoritatively that every new academic session we used to see the supplementary cut offs for quota system(this comes after the merit list) and in this you see cut off marks for each state pasted in each department.
While you saw states like IMO,anambra,abia and Enugu gets cut off at 245(a few western States like Oyo and ogun too at this level),most northern States will have cut off like 130 for the same course. Yet,only very few of them will make it!
Note that this is for the various supplementary lists. The merit list is purely from jamb scores. And that one is pure and unadulterated and that's what you saw.

cool That does not explain the extremely one-sided provisional list. There is no statistic reality where this is remotely possible. It rather smells of some serious tribalistic decision making. cool

7 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]
abeg make una sharap and go and seat down,, nonsense tchiww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Alcatraz003: 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
sarrki:
ojukwu caused there misfortune not yorubas

The igbos blame us for their loss and have vowed never to forget. This is the reason why you see them pass the misinformation from generation to generation of igbos.

The foregoing is responsible for the inferiority complex they exhibit in Nigeria today amd why they are truly 5th Class citizens. The igbos make hitherto compassionate individuals to their plight turn around to hate them because the wallow and bask in the euphoria of the irrelevant existence in Nigeria.

The Igbos will continue to be bested and oppressed by Yorubas and Hausas for generations as a result of their innate battle for rediscovery after a disastrous loss of a war they should have planned better.

I dont pity them anymore, i only wish they can be set free because they have suffered a lot.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by dreamworld: 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Ok, Lagos is an igbo state. You can now go and contest for governor and Occupy Ikeja House.

We wont argue ownership of Lagos with you again as you are obviously being mischievous.
Keep calling igbo as if they are the cause of ur problem, i said lagos belongs to binis, i didnt mention ibos, or are binis now ibos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by eyeview: 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool That does not explain the extremely one-sided provisional list. There is no statistic reality where this is remotely possible. It rather smells of some serious tribalistic decision making. cool
Son,merit list comes from jamb. And honestly,most tribes don't like filling schools in the east because they feel its too competitive,for example,i just heard that the cut off for medicine and surg in that UNN is 311. Now tell me if you have anyone who made that score and put the school for that course. And jamb will not put the name of anyone who didn't fill the schools in their choices.

I have made the explanation as elementary as possible, if you still find it hard to grasp,then know its a case of deep seated tribalism in you and there is nothing any clarification made here can do to help you

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by tobechi74: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
how many yorubas applied foeor unn
hoq manu hausas scores above 26o

2 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by dreamworld: 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Ok, Lagos is an igbo state. You can now go and contest for governor and Occupy Ikeja House.

We wont argue ownership of Lagos with you again as you are obviously being mischievous.
I said lagos belongs to binis, stop calling ibos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by toysleek(f): 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
basilo101:
Lol, Paralympic medal list was also 99% igbos. Merit is the keyword. Remeber there was no post UME exam so the list is directly from JAMB presided by a yoruba man. North will benefit from quota system in the second list, yorubas will lose out due to their lack
of adventure because igbos will still grab enof ,, from merit list in the west and the north will get in through quota
Not more than 75% ...should I do the maths for you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Alcatraz003: 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
Paperwhite:
You they mind the yeye guy? .I was admitted on the same merit to read Medicine some years which God helped me to successfully completed though from an educationally disadvantaged region.I must say I thank the East for this privilege.Op is talking as if ABU,Usman Danfodio etc.will not do same.The worry of the afonjas or abokis is that how can a whole Univ.of Nigeria be located in the East? Their hatred & pride will not allow them to come down there to school.Ndi igbo kwenu.

Yes Hausas and Yorubas are too proud to go to a breakaway region and we deserve the bragging right as we have conquered the igbos in all spheres.

I really don't like doing this but posts like yours leaves me with no choice. Igbos should just be allowed to leave.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by mascot87(m): 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:

Go back to oshogbo and check the names of their own list, lagos is not a Yoruba state
Lagos belong to binis

Ode ni bobo yi sha cheesy
The weed u smoked must be from Antarctica grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Paperwhite(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
basilo101:
Lol, Paralympic medal list was also 99% igbos. Merit is the keyword. Remeber there was no post UME exam so the list is directly from JAMB presided by a yoruba man. North will benefit from quota system in the second list, yorubas will lose out due to their lack of adventure because igbos will still grab enof from merit list in the west and the north will get in through quota
Forget all these haters.The East rocks.I lived,schooled & socialized among them-it's a wonderful experience.The region is the most relatively safe in Nigeria except for the Biafra agitation which is really worth it because Nigeria is a shithole.If I am privileged to come back to life,I rather wish to be a proud Igbo boy.Ala igbo kan mma.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
eyeview:

Son,merit list comes from jamb. And honestly,most tribes don't like filling schools in the east because they feel its too competitive. And jamb will not put the name of anyone who didn't fill the schools in their choices.

I have made the explanation as elementary as possible, if you still find it hard to grasp,then know its a case of deep seated tribalism in you and there is nothing any clarification made here can do to help you

cool Are you saying that the Registrar Chris Igbokwe has absolutely NO input on this list? Are you willing to swear your life on this? cool
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:
Why will any yoruba student attend school in Biafra sef? When i was in enugu for my one year compulsory professional vocational course, we yorubas faced hell but we stuck together with the hausas and survived to the glory of God.

The fact is that the igbos are still butt-hurt about the Civil War loss and pray for calamity to yoruba land everyday while working assiduously to actually their hateful fantasies.

The igbos know they cant match the hausas in ferocious violence so they have now turned their attention to we yorubas who they feel they can subdue in their misplaced assumptions. This is why i warn fellow yorubas to be careful of the enemy who stays in your land and enjoys the hospitality but plots everyday to harm you.

God will grant them biafra so we can separate in peace.

This is no hate speech but a clarion call for vigilance by every omoluabi.
[size=15pt] and during the Biafran war, it took you years to defeat us, with all your help from hausas and Britain together with your more sofisticated weapons,, y'all shouldn't pray for another war because we might end up occupying the whole of Nigeria and chasing y'all afonjas to contonue [/size]

10 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by dreamworld: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
mascot87:

Ode ni bobo yi sha cheesy
The weed u smoked must be from Antarctica grin
Ode ni iwo, ori e ti yin
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by MzPecs(f): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]
Before coming here to wail, you should have also made research and confirm how many Yorubas and Hausas actually applied for admission in UNN.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Eastfield1: 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:
You have spoken well my brother. i have shouted my self hoarse about the inherent hate the igbos have for yorubas and i am tired. I cant deal. All the same, i know that there will be an awakening in the future.

Igbos are already our slaves, we just need to tighten the noose around their necks.

Oodua a gbe wa oooo.
Igbos are already ur slave?
imaging your comment
and here you are crying of hate and tribalism.
U and ur Yoruba people are d most Useless ethnic group i hv ever seen in d whole of africa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by mascot87(m): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:

Ode ni iwo, ori e ti yin

Afi ori e to YIN naa grin grin grin grin
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by uniklinkum(m): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
ucsparks:
[size=15pt] and during the Biafran war, it took you years to defeat us, with all your help from hausas and Britain together with your more sofisticated weapons,, y'all shouldn't pray for another war because we might end up occupying the whole of Nigeria and chasing y'all afonjas to contonue [/size]

The nemesis for your utopian republic was when y'all took your madness to ore, we have never been afraid of dishing to y'all hot beating. Your progenitors still gat the adekunles, alabi ismahs, akinnrinades engraved in their subconsciousness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by basilo101: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:
Why will any yoruba student attend school in Biafra sef? When i was in enugu for my one year compulsory professional vocational course, we yorubas faced hell but we stuck together with the hausas and survived to the glory of God.

The fact is that the igbos are still butt-hurt about the Civil War loss and pray for calamity to yoruba land everyday while working assiduously to actually their hateful fantasies.

The igbos know they cant match the hausas in ferocious violence so they have now turned their attention to we yorubas who they feel they can subdue in their misplaced assumptions. This is why i warn fellow yorubas to be careful of the enemy who stays in your land and enjoys the hospitality but plots everyday to harm you.

God will grant them biafra so we can separate in peace.

This is no hate speech but a clarion call for vigilance by every omoluabi.
Lol, wailing weaklings everywhere. Go to Kano, Sokoto, Maiduguri, Katsina etc and see Igbos doing great against all forms of oppression and killings. JAMB gave the admissions based on the people who applied and got the cut off points, do you want JAMB to admit someone that did not apply??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Paperwhite(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
eyeview:

Young man,that list you are talking about is the merit list. And merit list comes purely from the best jamb scores of these applying for each course.
Compete with them on jamb scores, if you beat them,nobody will deny you the admission.
....and you know igbos will always excel when things are done on merit system. But am sure other supplementary lists can accommodate other 'interests'
My dear stop disturbing yourself with these numbskulls.I'm so proud of the East that if I have another privilege in the world to come,I will proudly choose to be an igbo son though I'm from the MB.The place is the most relatively calm region of Nigeria except for the Biafra agitation which is understandable as this country needs division.The people are very hard working unlike the agbero that will like to molest one unjustly just to get cheap money to smoke hemp or doing the "omo onile" nonsense.Ala igbo din mma.Igbo kwenu!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Emilokoiyawon: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
MzPecs:

Before coming to wail, you should have also made research and confirm how many Yorubas and Hausas actually applied for admission in UNN.

cool No statistical reality can justify the over 99% number. If a federal government office admitted 99% Hausas will you ask how many Igbos applied? STOP been a hypocrite cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by DrObum(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
Your post reels of pure ignorance.

Firstly, how many non-Igbos applied to this school? I've lived in the north and schooled in the east, many of these northerners don't even want to school outside their region.

Secondly, it's a merit list and not a 'catchment list'. Let's be frank with ourselves, even from the secondary school level, we know the great injustice with admission in the name of federal character, a student from Taraba is admitted with less than pass mark and one from Anambra who doubles that mark isn't admitted.
Could it be that the list you saw was purely on merit

Thirdly, cut the Crap about Yorubas being nationalist in their thinking. I trained as a doctor and from the undergraduate to the post-graduate levels, we have loads of evidence of pure nepotism in these western schools an hospitals.

I also regret seeing a federal university with majorly one tribe cos it limits exposure and defeats the aim of tertiary education, but if the premise of you argument is what you wrote, you're wrong.

10 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by basilo101: 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
uniklinkum:

The nemesis for your utopian republic was when y'all took your madness to ore, we have never been afraid of dishing to y'all hot beating. Your progenitors still gat the adekunles, alabi ismahs, akinnrinades engraved in their subconsciousness.
Hehehe, you call it utopia yet you are crying because the principle of MERIT which we uphold was applied to your disadvantage. Biafra is not utopia, its a real emancipation from mediocrity that will liberate Africa, you weakling who depend on injustice to thrive will not understand

2 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Eastfield1: 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Yes Hausas and Yorubas are too proud to go to a breakaway region and we deserve the bragging right as we have conquered the igbos in all spheres.

I really don't like doing this but posts like yours leaves me with no choice. Igbos should just be allowed to leave.
boy
all ur words contradict one another.
First ur were crying of hate and tribalism from igbo for not admitting yorubas.
second you said u schooled in d same school with (your) slaves.
third u now admit that ur people are running away from schooling in the East.
honestly ur are a fool and d worst of all the hypocrites i hav encountered on nairaland.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by uniklinkum(m): 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
basilo101:

Hehehe, you call it utopia yet you are crying because the principle of MERIT which we uphold was applied to your disadvantage. Biafra is not utopia, its a real emancipation from mediocrity that will liberate Africa, you weakling who depend on injustice to thrive will not understand

Sell your porkies to peeps that have not foray into your enclave, y'all are backward as the rest of the country. Plus a suicidal dose of nepotism and tribalism. The fact that most people don't get down at your corner fuels your nauseating lies. Mediocrity!!! Look at the mirror and see the state of public infrastructure and government working in your neck of the woods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by basilo101: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
This MUMU afonjas will never create thread to criticize quota system or the fact the fact that the north enjoy tax form alcohol but destroy alcohol entering their states. in both cases the North have shortchanges all of us, but they will cowardly shut up, but a merit list from JAMB is why are crying up and down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Eastfield1: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool Are you saying that the Registrar Chris Igbokwe has absolutely NO input on this list? Are you willing to swear your life on this? cool

Now i know where ur madness originates from.
Just becos He Bears the name "Igbokwe"
u now assume he intentionally filled d list with igbos.
i don't even know i have been talking to a Kid.
Gud 9it

6 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by MzPecs(f): 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

cool No statistical reality can justify the over 99% number. If a federal government office admitted 99% Hausas will you ask how many Igbos applied? STOP been a hypocrite cool
Be truthful to yourself for once and stop being a bigot!

Nothing stops an hausa or a yoruba from gaining admission into UNN if he/she applied and reached the admission requirements. Period!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by basilo101: 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
uniklinkum:

Sell your porkies to peeps that have not foray into your enclave, y'all are backward as the rest of the country. Plus a suicidal dose of nepotism and tribalism. The fact that most people don't get down at your corner fuels your nauseating lies. Mediocrity!!! Look at the mirror and see the state of public infrastructure and government working in your neck of the woods.
Lol, thank GOd you know the country is backward, there is no way our region will be immune to the backwardness inherent in the dysfunctional system, however, unlike most other regions, our culture of meritocracy has made excel in individual accomplisments
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by MzPecs(f): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
Eastfield1:

Now i know where ur madness originates from.
Just becos He Bears the name "Igbokwe"
u now assume he intentionally filled d list with igbos.
i don't even know i have been talking to a Kid.
Gud 9it
The guy is an ignoramus cheesy

3 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:

Go back to oshogbo and check the names of their own list, lagos is not a Yoruba state
Lagos belong to binis, stop claiming whats not yours
Shut da fuvk up, I'm a benin lady, we dont own lagos...we are not like u bush and refugees homeless people evading lands and always crying of victimisation and also laying claims to our Niger Delta Republic lands.

can u pls get me a link where a single benin man claimed lagos is benin' s land like ur silly leader? Osu people and their malformed brain.

Let oduduwa Republic comes then u shall know where it belongs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by basilo101: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

UNN did not give admissions, JAMB did. You should rather be bothered about the fact that some northern states will later be admitted on quota system while your people will not benefit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwara State Polytechnic Admission For 2012/2013, ND/HND / Buhari Renames Federal University Ebonyi, Alex Ekwueme University / Iron Tank Collapses In A Secondary School In Anambra. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.