Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. (27918 Views)

Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by MzPecs(f): 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

My niece is an alumni of nsukka

Wait,are you telling me only 10 Yorubas applied for admission out of thousands of slots?
Common dude,you can do better.

Yorubas are all over the country studying,all the way to Ghana ...

Abeg choke on your bigotry.. I will be patiently waiting for own turn.

Mr man! You need to go to bed..

You know one person doesn't mean most yorubas go to the east to seek for admission!

They don't do that!
C'mon!
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by FunkyMetahuman: 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
[s]
MzPecs:

Mr man! You need to go to bed..

You know one person doesn't mean most yorubas go to the east to seek for admission!

They don't do that!
C'mon!

[/s]
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by MzPecs(f): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
[s]I know more than 30 people schooling in the east..

You hardly see a yoruba that won't have someone schooling in the east or outside the country..

Ignoramus..

I'm patiently waiting for one act that will favour south west, just don't let me hear you outcasts say pim..

Nonsense ..[/s]
Igbos don't appreciate negative vibes so just move along with your bigotry and frustrated soul! cool

5 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by FunkyMetahuman: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
[s]
MzPecs:

Igbos don't appreciate negative vibes so just move along with your bigotry and frustrated soul! cool
[/s]
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by oboy3(m): 12:15am On Sep 20, 2016
Nor who river see him leg,him dey swallow?
abi this o.p want make Unn carry gun go brown roof region go force afonjas to put schools in the east for their Jamb?
na so red mud region dey sweet una?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by sammy6(m): 1:09am On Sep 20, 2016
I'm a middle belter but I'd have to say ibos are the most unaccomodative tribe in Nigeria. Little wonder thier schools produce the most have baked graduates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Lordkylie(f): 1:15am On Sep 20, 2016
even unilag and lasu place yoruba admission seekers on a higher pedestal.And there's this funny yoruba mentality that if you aint yoruba or hausa,you must be ibo!Anyway,one of the few schools that i know admits from all tribes is uniben and that is fast changing.
The op is only being mischievous, how many yoruba people gladly seek admission in the east when there's unilag,oau et al? Anyway,it's politics section stupidity reigns and is reverred here.

5 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Lordkylie(f): 1:20am On Sep 20, 2016
Drchristian:

Osu quoting me again.....do u even knw Edo is oduduwa's land itself? ask any edo person they will never dispute d fact. when d time comes, together with d yorrobas we shall give u another biabiafran treatment in Lagos.

No why not say it dis way;grin 99% of lands in yorubaland is simply owned by igbos..Anuofia)
frm deji flogging ur Ezes in Ondo, Oba of lagos drowning una 4 lagoon, Awolowos fast u with hunger, enugu treatment still dey dia o.

Na small thing he go b...if u wanna create enmity between us and our yoruba brothers.

bye bye my 10th class brother grin
abeg abeg abegii,nuh even start that one.Which benin is oduduwa land,madam when when you ibos and yorubas are fighting leave the binis out of it.Benin lady indeed!
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by donifez(m): 2:00am On Sep 20, 2016
sammy6:
I'm a middle belter but I'd have to say ibos are the most unaccomodative tribe in Nigeria. Little wonder thier schools produce the most have baked graduates.
yes thier schools produce the most have baked graduates.
See what hate can cause.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by pek(m): 3:47am On Sep 20, 2016
Op, your write up is misleading and mischievous. Will you give admission to people who did not apply or merit it? I am a proud product of UNN and I can tell you with all sense of responsibility that Yorubas hardly apply to school there. Infact, we had more foreigners than Westerners. I remember my HOD lamenting on this. He was willing to give Yorubas on the list admission even if they performed below the Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 20, 2016
wisest10:
Wait i saw some folish comment, let me ask dis question.....whis regoin excel most in waec?ans eastern...where is unn located?ans east....how many easterners registered?ans..89-98 percent..how many hausa,yoruba registered?ans 200-500....how many passed jamb cut off mark?100-200.....compute all dis u dnt expect to see much names of oda tribes, and besides how was screening score calculated ur o'level and jamb....abeg forget tribalism dis is merit....when ELDs list come out u will see hausa

Making sense cool smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Amyceilyn(f): 5:14am On Sep 20, 2016
Schools release names/list of people who applied to them, what you should ask yourself poster is how many people from other tribes choose UNN? Lets nt be eaten by our hatred for other tribes...abi they should manufacture yoruba names when non applied? And moreover, you said MERIT LIST

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by pstneme(m): 5:30am On Sep 20, 2016
I think you guys should first ask this question, what is the number of applicants from the western States. because as far as I know, the Yorubas will prepare schooling in their own region.

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 20, 2016
Ofe n sara people chaii! That is ehhh!! Inferiority complex they worry them die.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=Emilokoiyawon post=49505466][b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b][/quote

When you give us a statistic of how many non igbo persons applied for admission into that school, then we will take you seriously. For now, you've only said nonsense. Sorry.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by hardbody: 6:34am On Sep 20, 2016
eyeview:

Young man,that list you are talking about is the merit list. And merit list comes purely from the best jamb scores of these applying for each course.
Compete with them on jamb scores, if you beat them,nobody will deny you the admission.
....and you know igbos will always excel when things are done on merit system. But am sure other supplementary lists can accommodate other 'interests'

Don't mind the guy. When merit list came out in UNICAL during my time, with a cut off mark of 297 in law, the 40 names that JAMB sent had no cross riverian, it was dominated by igbos and a smarting of some Yoruba names and maybe one or two Hausas. By the time all the provisional and other funny criteria applicants came through, we were more than 120 in the class. The beauty of merit proved itself when out of the second upper that graduated from that class, all 6 of us came from that merit list. It says a lot. UNICAL was not and still not an Igbo university.

People just have this warped idea that meritocracy is dead. When we wrote entrance examination for a masters program in UNILAG , the same process played out. I can go on an on, but to what use.....

6 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by obyrich(m): 6:35am On Sep 20, 2016
saintkash:
well said my friend but am sorry to let u know that the hausas are not guilty on this.... A northern federal university admits all tribes but more of the northerners based on quota system. ... but menh this igbos own na die ooo
What percentage of yorubas or people from other tribes applied as compared to the number admitted. You can't expect to be admitted when you do not apply.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by VhatAmazingDude: 6:43am On Sep 20, 2016
sammy6:

I'm an Igbo man and I have this to say: From the grammatical errors in your post, you are not in a position to judge cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by VhatAmazingDude: 6:51am On Sep 20, 2016
eyeview:

Young man,that list you are talking about is the merit list. And merit list comes purely from the best jamb scores of these applying for each course.
Compete with them on jamb scores, if you beat them,nobody will deny you the admission.
....and you know igbos will always excel when things are done on merit system. But am sure other supplementary lists can accommodate other 'interests'

It has been confirmed that there are about 3,653 total names on that list. Please modify and expose his falsehood more on your space.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by derbybliz(m): 7:01am On Sep 20, 2016
LoveDecay:

The east is dangerous and na them do runs/sorting pass. I dont think, there are universities in Nigeria like eastern one. Especially, IMSU, ESUT and ABSU (call them osu 3). Them students dont even know, states in this country and many cant spell, speak or write properly.

I almost fainted as Isselu-Ukwu NYSC camp, when one ultra fine babe' could not fill a form ... omo east na die oooh

Bro generalising that those schools are bad because of a few students does not make sense Cuz I remember few years ago a student from ABSU emerged the best law student @law school.. I have seen yorubas that are staunch illiterates, am I know of my pals that applied for UNILAG but could not get it cuz they are Igbos....so brother its everywhere
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by classicphil: 7:04am On Sep 20, 2016
Ni Ni
basilo101:

UNN did not give admissions, JAMB did. You should rather be bothered about the fact that some northern states will later be admitted on quota system while your people will not benefit
Boss, jamb doesn't give admissions o. It is the school that selects those they want and then send it to jamb who will then make sure it follows all guidelines that has been stipulated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 20, 2016
Lordkylie:
abeg abeg abegii,nuh even start that one.Which benin is oduduwa land,madam when when you ibos and yorubas are fighting leave the binis out of it.Benin lady indeed!
no ur igbo man with fake id grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 20, 2016
frankman365:

My guy merit list knows nobody. The remaining 55% will take care of that. That is if there is anybody oustide that put them and passed jamb. Like I said I am not defending anybody here.
Infact in my class in south south, it is like an igbo class cos they are very many.
igbos always many everywhere while in their domain they maintain 100% of their population.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by sammy6(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2016
VhatAmazingDude:

I'm an Igbo man and I have this to say: From the grammatical errors in your post, you are not in a position to judge cool
B
Be there and be correcting grammatical errors, you know very well the op has raised an irrefutable fact. Haba federal university with 99% indigenous admitted students. It speaks very bad of your people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 20, 2016
ellacute45:

Making sense cool smiley

where is mrcork embarassed
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by dreamworld: 8:48am On Sep 20, 2016
mikool007:
i hate when pple talk without facts, who told you Lagos is not a yoruba state, did u learn history at all, pls go and read history books before you come here and conjure smthng else for us here
History books?, the one you wrote yourself?
Get out, Lagos is not a Yoruba state, and lagos has no indiginous yoruba people in it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]

Oga u no get sense oooo....
[size=13pt]Why didnt you check the list of candidate dat put UNN as their first choice, when i wrote post UTME not even one candidate was yoruba, so how do u expect to see yoruba name in d list?[/size]
Go to UNILAG ull see all tribe aspiring to b admitted...
[size=14pt]most federal University admit their students on merit, u dont expect dem to admit someone whos not seeking to obtain a degree with dem.
Most yoruba people dont send their children to eastern universities, they prefer western universities, which is not a bad idea...[/size]
[size=14pt]tribalism in nairaland is becoming something else,
Imagine someone claiming to b educated n livin in USA exhibiting high level of illiteracy.[/size]

[size=14pt]i dont blame u, i blame ur parents...
They had the chance of making u think straight n hv one luv but they didnt, because of how tribalistic n biased they are.
[/size]

[size=14pt]i am a pure and applied Igbo boy... my moniker says it all.[/size]

I dont support IPOB but i luv my fathers land. [size=14pt]learn to differentiate SIMPLICITY from STUPIDITY[/size]

5 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Aspiregreat: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2016
We are lions, we roar! we can never eat grass no matter the famine in the jungle.

Now if you applied for UNN and your name is not on the list is simply a connotes that' you didn't get up to the cut off mark. I have seen igbos with tremendous jamb score this year and I believe you shouldn't expect your name on the list before their name and moreover this is not the final list so why are you this pained. countless igbos didn't see their name on the list too even with their huge screening score. well you can cry a river if you wish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Lordkylie(f): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2016
Drchristian:

no ur igbo man with fake id grin grin
first off,write in proper and understandable english.Second,you are most definitely not a bini girl.

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by loopine(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2016
Drchristian:

shut up there, believe me or not he nor concern me...benin doesn't own lagos benin own benin...Every where in Nigeria belongs to Nigerians but u will still need to respect ur hosts okay?

if u dont like ur people always do remember this link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_anti-Igbo_pogrom
take it easy...why are you pained.....pls next time dont speak for where you are not from.....
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ibiruk38: 10:23am On Sep 20, 2016
pek:
Op, your write up is misleading and mischievous. Will you give admission to people who did not apply or merit it? I am a proud product of UNN and I can tell you with all sense of responsibility that Yorubas hardly apply to school there. Intact, we had more foreigners than Westerns. I remember my HOD lamenting on this. He was willing to give Yorubas on the list admission even if they performed below the Igbos.

I agree with you. The problem here is that most Yorubas hardly go out of Southwest. I remembered when I was seeking admission and told my dad I wanted Unijos. He refused and told me to choose either Ui or Lag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Yorobastard(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2016
Mods this post should be taken down immediately.....it's premeditated and constructively tribalistic....

How much of yorubas do you see in the East?

How much of the Igbo people do you see in the north and south west.....

You are just as s.t.u.p.i.d and senseless as this post

Your generations have lived and died nowhere else than the southwest and you are coming to say what you know not about the south east.....

Where you paid to write this article??

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How to cope without carrying pot on campus / Crack In ASUU As Members Want End To Strike / Kwara State Polytechnic Admission For 2012/2013, ND/HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.