Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. (27914 Views)

Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
9rad:

If i may ask.... . Since u said lagos is not a yoruba, den which tribe will u catergorise lagos?
Since lagos is in the west its outomatically a yoruba start... Same applies to ajuba too, go n argue with d hausas n tell dem abuja z not an hausa state,
he will never reply your question bcus of his malformed lizard head...who in Nigeria will say enugu in d eastern part is not igboland...even though there are many tribes there including d igalas, delta ibos and fulanis?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Ksudr(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
no hard feelings ™™™
¶¶Just want to know what unn is up to¶¶.
*Here is my research*
*From number *75 to *96 with states in unn
pharmacy merit list with screenng scorez*
*75-291-imo*
*76-291-imo*
*77-288-imo*
*78-241-adamawa*
*79-256-bauchi*
*80-278-bayelsa*
*81-270-benue*
*82-268-crossriver*
*83-278-ebonyi*
*84-251-gombe*
*85-271-jigawa*
*86-266-kadunna*
*87-250- kano*
*88-280-kebbi*
*89-263-koggi*
*90-257-nasarrawa*
*91-263-niger*
*92-244-plateau*
*93-257-rivers*
*94-249-sokoto*
*95-263-taraba*
*96-284-zamfara*
congratz to you all....igbos that suddenly change
state to *ogbodo *ndi hausa*
*The lord is your muscles*

Op check the list out explicitly and u will find out so many foul play by the Ibo folks.

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by mikool007(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Which history book..
Was lagos ever mentionin yourba history pre 1900bc
Have there been any know yourba king in lagos..pre 1900bc
You guys always claim lagos..because binis are ok with their kingdom and not expansionist
Everyone knows the history of lagos..yorubas are only scared of being minority in the city.
As for the present government and status of lagos..thanks for yourba Benin slaves and the creoles ..aworis,and Awolowo..
But bet you in know time..lagos will be a know man's land..because with development and all..it will be very very difficult for Yourba's to claim lagos.
The best the government will do is to designate it as a federal state.
Better wake. Up with your history
sori bros grin, i don't need your elaborate speculations plus ur jst beating about the bush, i only need facts nd the truth which is obviously missing frm ur epistle
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Goddyreal1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]

Did you find out how many Yoruba applied at UNN compared to Igbo that applied at unilag
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by AsoRockz01(m): 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
[b]So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region! We understand that its situated in the East but haba take it easy Igbo people. When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them. The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings. The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic. We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.[/b]

You're indeed not quite intelligent. You're an epitome of an ethnic bigot.
You saw an admission list that was based on merit,you didn't bother to celebrate the candidate all you cared for was to check the tribes contained in the merit list.
Whose fault is it that your brothers and sisters from your so called South West did not make it to the list ?
You're just unhappy and you couldn't hide it. Ntooor!
Tell your brothers to study hard so that next time,tHey will be considered in the admission list.

Pained idiat.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by ChallyB(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
IMPORTANT FOR YOU!!!

Tackle all dark marks, skin blemishes, stretch marks with our products.
Your Beauty is our top priority.
Call/Whatsapp: 08110773422, 08156981113, 08066937179.

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Vivos: 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
sarrki:
They envy yoruba
what is there to envy, I ve been thinking and I can't seem to find any reason Igbo's have to envy yoruba ppl.....can you elaborate more pls!!!
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
Paperwhite:
You they mind the yeye guy? .I was admitted based on the same merit to read Medicine some years ago which God helped me to successfully complete though I'm from an educationally disadvantaged region.I must say I thank the East for this privilege.Op is talking as if ABU,Usman Danfodio etc.will not do same.The worry of the afonjas or abokis is that how can a whole Univ.of Nigeria be located in the East? Their hatred & pride will not allow them to come down there to school.Ndi igbo kwenu.
Nice one.
Where are you from?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
frankman365:

My guy merit list knows nobody. The remaining 55% will take care of that. That is if there is anybody oustide that put them and passed jamb. Like I said I am not defending anybody here.
Infact in my class in south south, it is like an igbo class cos they are very many.
Which south south state is thst?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

My niece is an alumni of nsukka

Wait,are you telling me only 10 Yorubas applied for admission out of thousands of slots?
Common dude,you can do better.

Yorubas are all over the country studying,all the way to Ghana ...

Abeg choke on your bigotry.. I will be patiently waiting for own turn.

It means only 10 yorubas made the merit list or scored high enough.
Before? Do you want to compare yourselves to Igbos academics wise?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by frankman365(m): 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Which south south state is thst?
If u care to know, go to uniben and inquire.
Like I said, I can't defend any uni in naija but the op lied about his figure. And also he failed to give statistics of applicants.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Paperwhite(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Nice one.
Where are you from?
Jos!

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
DateMynd44:
ode sharap stop taking thrash.
UNILAG's point grading only favoured Ekiti, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ogun and Lagos.
Unilag had the worst admission policy this year.
Make Thunder fire any useless Ediot were go criticize that UNN admission list.
Oponu jatijati

Chap..... . Thats how unilag admission policy has been since its existence in 1962, those state u mentioned are d states under catchment area, do u expect unilag to include eastern state as part of its catchment area?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
Drchristian:

he will never reply your question bcus of his malformed lizard head...who in Nigeria will say enugu in d eastern part is not igboland...even though there are many tribes there including d igalas, delta ibos and fulanis?

Lol... . let dem keep saying bullshits, bringing up unnecessary agruement, let a igbo man go n contest for governorship in lagos na
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
On dis ish on ground.... We cant really judge cause we dont know d actual amount of yoruba's that applied for adm in unn...... Come to tink of it, y would a yoruba guy eva tink of going to the east to study wen we hav better universities here in southwest
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by DateMynd44(m): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
9rad:

Chap..... . Thats how unilag admission policy has been since its existence in 1962, those state u mentioned are d states under catchment area, do u expect unilag to include eastern state as part of its catchment area?
no but rather the cut off marks pegged for merit shouldn't have such a wide margin.
For instance, a course like Mathematics whose merit cut off was pegged at 64 while that of the various catchment states were slated at 55 57 and 59. That's a huge gap and such admission modality must be questioned because that's huge tribalism.
That retar'd and dunderheaded malam adamu started all this
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by DateMynd44(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
9rad:
On dis ish on ground.... We cant really judge cause we dont know d actual amount of yoruba's that applied for adm in unn...... Come to tink of it, y would a yoruba guy eva tink of going to the east to study wen we hav better universities here in southwest
you said it all. You judge as if they knew the actual statistics of the yorubas that applied for UNN and i wonder why the Yorubas will leave their sound and reputable universities to travel down and school at the east.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
Alawe:
Go and play for shiit. Is it not where one applied that he would be given admission, if fulfilled the requirements. So IGBOS should go and pack bus in ibadan, abiokuta or oshogbo and ask yorubas to come and study in the east? How many yorubas or hausas in the east are into schooling or seeking for admission to study there rather than the businesses that took then to the place unlike the Igbos in the west and north. Do u know what is catchment ... Or let me not talk to u, you said u are in america, just face ur america there.

The problems of Ugandans is intolerance with guests, they don't accept guests with good faith like other tribes do
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
DateMynd44:
no but rather the cut off marks pegged for merit shouldn't have such a wide margin.
For instance, a course like Mathematics whose merit cut off was pegged at 64 while that of the various catchment states were slated at 55 57 and 59. That's a huge gap and such admission modality must be questioned because that's huge tribalism.

1stly unilag hav been using dis merit n catchment system since it was established, u can check last yr cutoff mark, u will see its almost d same with dis yr... jus dat d cutoff points r jus higher dis yr

2, Unilag do der tinz without been baised dats y dy remain d best university in nigeria....... unilag simply 4llow d rules laid down by jamb 35% for catchment nd we only hav 6state in unilag catchment area........ So u dont hav to be surprise wen u see a huge margin btw the merit and some catchment areas, besides der are some course dat the margin is jus 1point, courses lyk pharmacy n dentistry..... .
Unn arent plain with dis admission ish dey didnt peg any cutoff for catchment areas so unn margin btw merit and catchment might even be higher dat unilag own, der might be pple with 200 in jamb from one of the catchment area under unn, on medicine merit list
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 6:01am On Sep 22, 2016
DateMynd44:

Assuming unilag keep the catchment cutoff mark hiding the way unn hide der own.... ... u wont be saying all dis trash
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 7:21am On Sep 22, 2016
Unn didnt even release cutoff marks...... U can see how baised the school is...... How did dey come up with this list wen der z no cutoff mark...... N u r der calling unilag that did the right and lawful admission process
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by HurtgenForest: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2016
Alcatraz003:

The igbos blame us for their loss and have vowed never to forget. This is the reason why you see them pass the misinformation from generation to generation of igbos.

The foregoing is responsible for the inferiority complex they exhibit in Nigeria today amd why they are truly 5th Class citizens. The igbos make hitherto compassionate individuals to their plight turn around to hate them because the wallow and bask in the euphoria of the irrelevant existence in Nigeria.

The Igbos will continue to be bested and oppressed by Yorubas and Hausas for generations as a result of their innate battle for rediscovery after a disastrous loss of a war they should have planned better.

I dont pity them anymore, i only wish they can be set free because they have suffered a lot.

This shameless thing are you back?

yorubas are treacherous back stabbers reason why we will never forget. Your awolowo had a meeting with Ojukwu and agreed that the west would secede should the east secede only to turn around and join the northerners to fight us. He ended his unfortunate life by drinking rat poison(Ratak).

For your info it was Great Britain and the USSR that defeated the Igbos and not the mallams or the bats from yorubaland. Despite this, Nigeria suffered heavier military losses than Biafra whose soldiers where armed largely with bolt action riffles.

Don't you have shame?

Which modern war has yoruba fought on their own? yorubas hid behind the northerners to fight Igbos in 1967 and recently after minority ijaws dealt with you for many months including raping ypour mothers and wives you cowards hid under your bed bug infested beds only to come out after the military had done the hard job shamelessly trying to change into snakes and lions just to fight minority ijaws.

You should pity yorubas much more because yorubas are now stealing boiling pots of ewedu to survive and fayose is distributing yams for you not to die of hunger.

selah.

2 Likes

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by HurtgenForest: 9:55am On Sep 22, 2016
Alcatraz003:
Why will any yoruba student attend school in Biafra sef? When i was in enugu for my one year compulsory professional vocational course, we yorubas faced hell but we stuck together with the hausas and survived to the glory of God.

The fact is that the igbos are still butt-hurt about the Civil War loss and pray for calamity to yoruba land everyday while working assiduously to actually their hateful fantasies.

The igbos know they cant match the hausas in ferocious violence so they have now turned their attention to we yorubas who they feel they can subdue in their misplaced assumptions. This is why i warn fellow yorubas to be careful of the enemy who stays in your land and enjoys the hospitality but plots everyday to harm you.

God will grant them biafra so we can separate in peace.

This is no hate speech but a clarion call for vigilance by every omoluabi.

Big lie. Go and ask the northerners.

We killed more of their soldiers on the battle field with bolt action riffles and Ogbunigwe than they killed our own.

I seriously pray the yorubas have their day in modern warfare against the rest and let's see how far you can go.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Eastfield1: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2016
Afriifa:
ever wondered why Biafra is still in dreams n never in reality? It is all because of their stupid attitude towards others.
I will Ignore you since you are a yoruba troll who is more interested in Biafra than d topic being discussed
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by UchaNwababa: 10:00am On Sep 22, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:
point of Correction it is UBN Not UNN University of Biafra Nsukka.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by HurtgenForest: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2016
Alcatraz003:

[s]Yes Hausas and Yorubas are too proud to go to a breakaway region and we deserve the bragging right as we have conquered the igbos in all spheres.

I really don't like doing this but posts like yours leaves me with no choice. Igbos should just be allowed to leave.[/s]

See this shameless man claiming to have conquered Igbos.

It was Great Britain & USSR that defeated the Igbos.

ordinary minority ijaws have been dealing with yorubas since around ikorodu and ogun states, giving ogogoro sperm to your wives and mother but y'll could do nothing.

Go and read your history and see where women Dahomey warriors drove yorubas into abeokuta as refugees.

fulani have occupied your land of ilorin and installed an emir till tomorrow you can do niothing.

You are right actually, yorubas have conquered Igbos in the sphers of incest, ra.pe, ritual killings, agberoism and owomidaism.

Go figure. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by mamachizzy(f): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2016
I am so surprised that some body sees a merit list by jamb as tribalistic. First and foremost most students in unn are bound to be Igbos because its in the eastern part of the country and most students prefer to school in their region these days. Secondly before u start complaining, pls show us proof of a person either Hausa or Yoruba who got the score required and wasnt admitted. It beats my imagination that we the youths have degenerated to this level where anybody who is not from our tribe is seen as an enemy. we should stop all this senseless tribalistic fights. weda Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or what ever, when u die u are going 6 feet. life is too short for shit
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
morbeta:
The biggest fear of the west nd north is igbo dominance. How can the people of igbo land given only 20 naira after the war now control abuja nd lagos nd dominated education for 13yrs running now both secondary nd university. They dominate in USA ND LONDON. 5 MAYOR'S IN USA.2 STAFF IN WHITE HOUSE. 4 ENGINEERS IN AEROSPACE CENTER. DEPUTY LEADER LABOUR PARTY UK 2 MAYOR'S UK.68 professor's in usa 48 in UK 148 medical doctors usa 112 uk. This is all on merit.

oga, stop the chest beating. have you enumerated the statistics of Yoruba Elite abroad?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
Henz24:
OP, I must say am very disappointed in you, you claim to be enlightened but your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired. Firstly, the list is called MERIT LIST, only those that hit the cut off marks will be admitted not minding your tribe. The questions you should ask yourself is that how many of the Yorubas actually chose the university? secondly, for those that chose the school, how many beat the cut? Or are u expecting those that didn't meet the cut off to be on the list while those that did should be denied just to please an ethnic group? You should make research first before you come online and start causing trouble and saying what you know nothing about. The UNILAG you are talking about, I wrote JAMB three times for the school and each cases I was never more than two points their merit cut off, I beat all the catchment cut offs but was never given admission. Be careful when you talk

B4 u type u shuld ask urself, Did unn release any cutoff mark?, how did dy come abt the admission list wen der z no cutoff mark? . ...... Unilag own z clear u didnt beat d cutoff n u were denied admission... So whats ur point?
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by 9rad(m): 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Henz24:
OP, I must say am very disappointed in you, you claim to be enlightened but your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired. Firstly, the list is called MERIT LIST, only those that hit the cut off marks will be admitted not minding your tribe. The questions you should ask yourself is that how many of the Yorubas actually chose the university? secondly, for those that chose the school, how many beat the cut? Or are u expecting those that didn't meet the cut off to be on the list while those that did should be denied just to please an ethnic group? You should make research first before you come online and start causing trouble and saying what you know nothing about. The UNILAG you are talking about, I wrote JAMB three times for the school and each cases I was never more than two points their merit cut off, I beat all the catchment cut offs but was never given admission. Be careful when you talk

B4 u type u shuld ask urself, Did unn release any cutoff mark?, how did dy come abt the admission list wen der z no cutoff mark? . ...... Unilag own z clear u didnt beat d cutoff n u were denied admission... So whats ur point?
The only federal university i know dat do dis shit dat unn jus did is unilorin.... n unilorin is not among the western universities they are in north
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Henz24(m): 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
9rad:

The only federal university i know dat do dis shit dat unn jus did is unilorin.... n unilorin is not among the western universities they are in north
dude unn released cut off, u should make your research before u start ranting. The fact still remains that the list was sent to jamb and they confirmed its authenticity before it was made public, whether u believe it or not is ur business.
Re: A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. by Henz24(m): 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
mamachizzy:
I am so surprised that some body sees a merit list by jamb as tribalistic. First and foremost most students in unn are bound to be Igbos because its in the eastern part of the country and most students prefer to school in their region these days. Secondly before u start complaining, pls show us proof of a person either Hausa or Yoruba who got the score required and wasnt admitted. It beats my imagination that we the youths have degenerated to this level where anybody who is not from our tribe is seen as an enemy. we should stop all this senseless tribalistic fights. weda Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or what ever, when u die u are going 6 feet. life is too short for shit
God bless u for this, the way our youths think this days is quite alarming, am really amazed at the things been said here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adebimpe Daniells Graduates As The Overall Best In New Jersey University. Photos / How to cope without carrying pot on campus / Crack In ASUU As Members Want End To Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.