Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience (1848 Views)

Mitsubishi Recalls 368,000 Vehicles As They Constitute Major Hazards / Mitsubishi Is Changing The Way Cars Give Signals / I Need help in Programming ECU For Mitsubishi Montero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by adeg(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
Please I want candid experience of users of Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 as I am considering picking one. Engine and servicing particularly with parts availability. Thanks in advance
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by sooperrescue(m): 3:32am On Sep 20, 2016
Premium unleaded fuel only.
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by adeg(m): 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
Thanks. Is that the fuel we use in Nigeria ?
sooperrescue:
Premium unleaded fuel only.

Anyone with extensive experience pls?

Parts availability and cost compared to others like Toyota, Nissan
Repairs and servicing
Engine durability
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by sooperrescue(m): 6:53am On Sep 21, 2016
I once changed the engine of the endeavor..it was not pleasant. The engine was already emitting white smoke and after 3 engines, with threats of army and police, it was finally resolved. The bottom line is go for a Toyota and enjoy the fuel. How many do you see on the road?

2 Likes

Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by rockiedink(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2016
Have a female friend who bought one last year against my advice and judgement...I guess she was swayed by the dashboard looking like a fighter jet cockpit...which I think is absurd sha...

I know for certain that right now it's parked for over 2 months as it has been giving her issues and no one see to know where to get the parts or why they are so damn expensive!

I keep reminding her of the sweet Nissan Frontier I was offering a back then...she needs space as she runs a delivery-based business...

A vehicle whose entire production run from introduction to phase out did not last 10 years...

Bottom line...run from that vehicle! Buy a Toyota 4Runner and thank me later!
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by rockiedink(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2016
sooperrescue:
I once changed the engine of the endeavor..it was not pleasant. The engine was already emitting white smoke and after 3 engines, with threats of army and police, it was finally resolved. The bottom line is go for a Toyota and enjoy the fuel. How many do you see on the road?

You don talk am finish! cool
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by sultaan(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
sooperrescue:

This could mean someone bought a car with a bad engine in the first place, or kazeem hooked up the car prior to you getting it. White smoke could be from warped head and kazeem bad gasket job it does not mean the engine was bad.

rockiedink:
Have a female friend who bought one last year against my advice and judgement...I guess she was swayed by the dashboard looking like a fighter jet cockpit...which I think is absurd sha...
I know for certain that right now it's parked for over 2 months as it has been giving her issues and no one see to know where to get the parts or why they are so damn expensive!
I keep reminding her of the sweet Nissan Frontier I was offering a back then...she needs space as she runs a delivery-based business...
A vehicle whose entire production run from introduction to phase out did not last 10 years...
Your friend bought a used one and the condition unknown another kazeem could have hooked it up issues are words not diagnosis of you said a sensor or engine threw a rod then we know what failed. Toyota is not for everyone it's a big world out there in the automotive industry
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by sooperrescue(m): 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sultan, the car belonged to my friend, and i knew the history before we decided to change it. The effect of regular fuel on the car. All the toks engines we bought did not work very well. Rockie, tell her to buy octane booster, her car will return back to the road.
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by adeg(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
Thanks for your post and candid opinion.

I was actually considering Toyota Highlander before the Endeavor 'sway' ... grin
Please advise further: Is 4Runner superior to Highlander in any way??
rockiedink:

Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by adeg(m): 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
Are you very familiar with the Endeavor or using one presently? Please share your user experience to assist me with my decisions.
sultaan:

This could mean someone bought a car with a bad engine in the first place, or kazeem hooked up the car prior to you getting it. White smoke could be from warped head and kazeem bad gasket job it does not mean the engine was bad.

Your friend bought a used one and the condition unknown another kazeem could have hooked it up issues are words not diagnosis of you said a sensor or engine threw a rod then we know what failed. Toyota is not for everyone it's a big world out there in the automotive industry
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by rockiedink(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
Sultaan, I'm not a novice na! I have an ELM327 Bluetooth scanner for Sharp sharp scanning and a full complement Autel when I need more details.

I don scan that endeavour tire! Besides, sh bought the vehicle tokunbo; na she first use am for Naija...

She didn't use my recommended mechanics tho' ...I even recommended Gazzuzz to her but she no gree...

I don't know which mechanic she eventually gave an I not discounting that the vehicle might have been 'kazeemized'.

But you don't get the point sooperrescue and I are making... it's nowhere near as common on the roads or in mechanic workshops as other vehicles in its class...go figure!
Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by sultaan(m): 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
rockiedink:
Sultaan, I'm not a novice na! I have an ELM327 Bluetooth scanner for Sharp sharp scanning and a full complement Autel when I need more details.
I don scan that endeavour tire! Besides, sh bought the vehicle tokunbo; na she first use am for Naija...
She didn't use my recommended mechanics tho' ...I even recommended Gazzuzz to her but she no gree...
I don't know which mechanic she eventually gave an I not discounting that the vehicle might have been 'kazeemized'.
But you don't get the point sooperrescue and I are making... it's nowhere near as common on the roads or in mechanic workshops as other vehicles in its class...go figure!

I do understand what you all meant but if you have to make a decision without being biased towards Toyota in the first place then a Mitsubishi is not a bad alternative.

They are #4 Japanese brand and they have been making trucks for a long time. Not all problems can be diagnosed with a scanner there are other tools experts use in the profession.

What eaxctly was her truck doing

1 Like

Re: Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
adeg:
Thanks. Is that the fuel we use in Nigeria ?

Anyone with extensive experience pls?

Parts availability and cost compared to others like Toyota, Nissan
Repairs and servicing
Engine durability

Endeavor is a product of a joint venture between Mitsubishi and Renault. The engine is not a pure Japanese engine.
You should expect to pay more for parts (ie if you see the parts) .

It uses a semi automatic transmission, its affordable though not as reliable as Honda and Toyota. Fuel economy is poor .

If you must buy it make sure you have a supporting vehicle .

(1) (Reply)

2017 Mercedes Benz GLS – Your Perfect Family SUV (photos) / Acura Salon Car For Sale / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.