Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? (1249 Views)

Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / How Mothers Advertise Their Daughters For Marriage In Form Of Birthday Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by AjalaJ(m): 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Are some mothers jealous of their daughters?

Why have children if they’re just going to be jealous of them?

Unfortunately such mothers do exist.

My friend Kala was the youngest and the only daughter in their home. She arrived quite late in the family, an unplanned surprise.

Kala shared a very special bond with her father, like a lot of girls do. They go out together on hot evenings to have ice creams and for movies on the weekend. He helped her with her Maths and Physics and knew all her friends. Personally, I had huge admiration for the man.

She was her father’s favorite and that caused a lot of jealousy.

Her mother would insist that she sits in the middle seat whenever they go for movies and would want to give inputs during her lessons. It got worse when she grew up as her mother would dictate what she should wear and how she should behave with her father. Innocent hugs and pecks on cheeks were not as innocent anymore.

Her mother would sulk and act passive aggressive in her presence and refused to attend any events that involved her. That means her father would come for her recitations, sports day, report card day and others, while her mother sulk at home.

It made her feel apprehensive whenever she was around her parents. It felt like walking on thin ice. She was careful of what she’d spoke to her father in front of her and would limit her physical gestures.

Even long after her father’s demise, her mother accuses her for stealing her father away from her in a very subtle manner. She’d say things like how her father missed their anniversary celebration because it was her concert night, how her valentines gifts had become smaller because he has to buy something for both of them now.

All conversations about her late father with her mother seemed to go back to one place and time : how intimate they had been before her. The places they had honeymooned and all the romantic things he did for her before Kala was born.

She often tell me these stories of how she believes her mother is jealous of their father daughter relationship. At the beginning it sounds quite petty and I’d often recommend things like “invite your mother to come/join, she feels lonely”, but later I realized it’s not so petty anymore. It’s absurd and a sad thing, that a 45 years old mother says things like “No woman should touch my husband” to her own daughter.

Due to this, Kala and her mother was never on good terms. They tolerated each other for sake of their father and when he died, they just headed different path.

It was good for Kala though that they are no longer on talking terms, nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Are-some-mothers-jealous-of-their-daughters

Neteller here: www..com.ng

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by EzePromoe: 12:36am On Sep 20, 2016
Mothers could be jealous of their children, it's normal. But the way jealousy is translated into action differentiates the normal being from the maniac.
Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 20, 2016
I dey tire for women sometimes honestly.

Why didn't she talk to her husband and complain about being neglected or tell him to show her more attention instead of being jealous of her daughter?

Sad thing is this scenario happens a lot in Nigerian families and it is a very unhealthy one.
The man is clearly to blame here but like a typical idiot woman she would rather take her frustration out on her fellow woman than face the man.

On another note, I don't get why any normal father be more emotionally close to his daughter than his own wife? Recipe for disaster if you ask me considering how volatile men are when it comes to sexuality.
Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by eyinjuege: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2016
Not all men are sexual predators.

There are a lot of men who believe women especially their daughters should be protected and shown more than enough love, so they don't go outside at a young age looking for what's not lost.

At the same time too, some don't deserve to be parents, and children are not safe with them, and this isn't just even about sexual predation.

People who get jealous of their daughters are usually insecure folks, who need to get busy and get a life.

Children are usually closer to one parent than the other, and that's not a bad thing in itself.

However, it's wrong for any parent to hatefully incite their children against the other.

I'm just talking generally now, and not about this scenario.
Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by crackhaus: 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
fellis:
I dey tire for women sometimes honestly.

Why didn't she talk to her husband and complain about being neglected or tell him to show her more attention instead of being jealous of her daughter?

Sad thing is this scenario happens a lot in Nigerian families and it is a very unhealthy one.
The man is clearly to blame here but like a typical idiot woman she would rather take her frustration out on her fellow woman than face the man.

On another note, I don't get why any normal father be more emotionally close to his daughter than his own wife? Recipe for disaster if you ask me considering how volatile men are when it comes to sexuality.

I swear down, some of you ladies know exactly how to make monkeys seem more intelligent than you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by bukatyne(f): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
Her parent's marriage was obviously not smooth.

No normal couple would ignore their anniversary for a concert recital.... They would either all go together for the recital (afterall, the daughter is one of the fruits of their love) and the couple would head for their romantic getaway alone afterwards.
Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
I will like to call this fiction but if it's real ehn
*Thinking*

THAT WOMAN IS JUST lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by ogeflavour(f): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
[quote author=AjalaJ post=49508436]Are some mothers jealous of their daughters?

Why have children if they’re just going to be jealous of them?

Unfortunately such mothers do exist.

My friend Kala was the youngest and the only daughter in their home. She arrived quite late in the family, an unplanned surprise.

Kala shared a very special bond with her father, like a lot of girls do. They go out together on hot evenings to have ice creams and for movies on the weekend. He helped her with her Maths and Physics and knew all her friends. Personally, I had huge admiration for the man.

She was her father’s favorite and that caused a lot of jealousy.

Her mother would insist that she sits in the middle seat whenever they go for movies and would want to give inputs during her lessons. It got worse when she grew up as her mother would dictate what she should wear and how she should behave with her father. Innocent hugs and pecks on cheeks were not as innocent anymore.

Her mother would sulk and act passive aggressive in her presence and refused to attend any events that involved her. That means her father would come for her recitations, sports day, report card day and others, while her mother sulk at home.

It made her feel apprehensive whenever she was around her parents. It felt like walking on thin ice. She was careful of what she’d spoke to her father in front of her and would limit her physical gestures.

Even long after her father’s demise, her mother accuses her for stealing her father away from her in a very subtle manner. She’d say things like how her father missed their anniversary celebration because it was her concert night, how her valentines gifts had become smaller because he has to buy something for both of them now.

All conversations about her late father with her mother seemed to go back to one place and time : how intimate they had been before her. The places they had honeymooned and all the romantic things he did for her before Kala was born.

She often tell me these stories of how she believes her mother is jealous of their father daughter relationship. At the beginning it sounds quite petty and I’d often recommend things like “invite your mother to come/join, she feels lonely”, but later I realized it’s not so petty anymore. It’s absurd and a sad thing, that a 45 years old mother says things like “No woman should touch my husband” to her own daughter.

Due to this, Kala and her mother was never on good terms. They tolerated each other for sake of their father and when he died, they just headed different path.

It was good for Kala though that they are no longer on talking terms, nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Are-some-mothers-jealous-of-their-daughters

Neteller here: www..com.ng

I once saw a similar case sometime ago.the mother eventually influenced other family members to believe the girl had a psychiatric problem and they forced the girl against her will to a psychiatric hospital.wicked mothers exist!
Re: Why Are Some Mothers Jealous Of Their Daughters? by Pidggin(f): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
Wonders shall never end

(1) (Reply)

The Man; His Mother And Wife (my Perspective) / Update On "Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mom" / How Do I Stop A Nine Year Old Child Who Steals And Lies Without Beating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.