Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,479 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard (32404 Views)

Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States / CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) / Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by proeast(m): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2016
AZeD1:

The banks don't need government. They need to do real banking, support small scale industries with cheap loans.

They had free government money for years and rather than help small scale industries, they were using the money to buy government bonds hence the large profits they were earning.

It's time for them to work for there money.
Are you one of the zombies APC unleashed on nairaland? what the hell are you talking about, do you even know that Nigeria is largely under banked per capita Your first paragraph is disgusting to sane minds!!!! Fyi, even the SME's are closing in drooves not because of lack of funding by banks but simply due to very harsh operating environment brought about by government policies, lack of basic infrastructure like electricity, good roads, affordable fuel etc. Tell me a single plan of action Buhari is taking to revolutionize agriculture, industries or infrasture Buhari is as confused as those almajiris in the streets of Kano

6 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by achieverme(m): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2016
michael142:
Union bank abeg make una nor sack my babe oh else she go go back to sleeping around oh.

So, she was sleeping around before she got job?! shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by jossy4joseph(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2016
May God help us.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by clefstone(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2016
But the mmm people pay their money thru banks na
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by AZeD1(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

And where will they get the monies from?
Were banks all over the world get it from.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Malayy(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2016
Bolustic:

Why won't these three banks close branches down when there are no more slush monies to do business. Tell me GTBank, First Bank, UBA and others who don't SOLELY rely on laundered monies would close down branches.

These banks managements have been fingered and troubled by the EFCC for the past one year.

This recession is going to open many people's dirty yansh, if you think I'm joking, ask Emeka Offor, Sola Ayeni and other PDP made overnight billionaires
zombiesm has eaten deep into your brain..

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by AZeD1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
proeast:
Are you one of the zombies APC unleashed on nairaland? what the hell are you talking about, do you even know that Nigeria is largely under banked per capita Your first paragraph is disgusting to sane minds!!!! Fyi, even the SME's are closing in drooves not because of lack of funding by banks but simply due to very harsh operating environment brought about by government policies, lack of basic infrastructure like electricity, good roads, affordable fuel etc. Tell me a single plan of action Buhari is taking to revolutionize agriculture, industries or infrasture Buhari is as confused as those almajiris in the streets of Kano
Have you finished ranting?
I'm not the cause of your frustration.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Kenneth10110(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
Whether APC or buhari likes it or not Nigerians will survive.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by generalmacclean(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hello , everyone, I am a Social Media Practitioner, Let me train you on how to escape RECESSION
See more here
http://brookswater..com.ng/
Talk later
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Unclerukus: 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
on the contrary.

That's when most money goes to the banks because government try as hard as possible to reduce the money in the system by curbing spending..

The banks should have taken the customers more seriously But instead relied on government money.
Now that TSA put an end to that,they run out of ideas but only option is to lay workers of to cut spending.
That's inflation, where there's too much demand but less corresponding supply. (where the money to demand?). This us a recession, no or reduced productive or economic activity nationwide. Money is basically not changing hands like it used to be. Hence low saving. That's my opinion bro.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by olaztek(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
Buhari's goal of tackling corruption is killing our economy because all the sector of our economy is run with corruption money. No corruption no development. We need to learn how to run our system without being corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by FunkyMetahuman: 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Unclerukus:
That's inflation, where there's too much demand but less corresponding supply. (where the money to demand?). This us a recession, no or reduced productive or economic activity nationwide. Money is basically not changing hands like it used to be. Hence low saving. That's my opinion bro.
what has been major problem in this economic recession?

Isn't it inflation?

Why did government come up with the plan of reducing what you buy etc?
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Toks2008(m): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
I perceive the antichrist is here and ready to be unveiled following the crashing of world economy.

We may feel the pangs due to the already devastated economy in Nigeria but it is not an isolated case.

Nostrademus predicted 3 different antichrists with near accuracy and the third will be called mabus which might just be a code name for
obaMA Barrack hUSein.

According to the quadrant of Nostrademus who predicted shocking world events in the 15th century it clearly points to Obama as the most likely third antichrist and with the involvement of Obama as a peace broker in the middle east.. If he succeeds in brokering a 7years peace deal then we all should brace up for the rapture and the end of days.

The new world order will usher in the antichrist and Obama is definitely frontier in actualizing the new world order.

Let's wait and see.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Bobmaintain: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
Issorait!
Meanwhile, somewhere in Aso Villa.....

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Toks2008(m): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
I perceive the antichrist is here and ready to be unveiled following the crashing of world economy.

We may feel the pangs due to the already devastated economy in Nigeria but it is not an isolated case.

Nostrademus predicted 3 different antichrists with near accuracy Napoleon, Hitler and the third will be called mabus which might just be a code name for
obaMA Barrack hUSein.

According to the quadrant of Nostrademus who predicted shocking world events in the 15th century it clearly points to Obama as the most likely third antichrist and with the involvement of Obama as a peace broker in the middle east.. If he succeeds in brokering a 7years peace deal then we all should brace up for the rapture and the end of days.

The new world order will usher in the antichrist and Obama is definitely a frontier in actualizing the new world order.
(please Google these facts)

Let's wait and see.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Josmila(m): 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Bolustic:

Why won't these three banks close branches down when there are no more slush monies to do business. Tell me GTBank, First Bank, UBA and others who don't SOLELY rely on laundered monies would close down branches.

These banks managements have been fingered and troubled by the EFCC for the past one year.

This recession is going to open many people's dirty yansh, if you think I'm joking, ask Emeka Offor, Sola Ayeni and other PDP made overnight billionaires

I owe you a bottle of whatever drink you take for this.

No more slush monies to do business and it seems the banks have suddenly become anaemic,
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Unclerukus: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

Isn't it inflation?

inflation goes with a recession, it's called stagflation. But we have been doing okay with our previous inflation percentage for a while. This recession is caused by poor policies made by Mr. Buhari. e.g Like banning imports like rice without creating provision to amend such policies. Policies like that would disrupt so the economic cycle, workers, banks that gain from such businesses( considering Nigeria is import dependant, a lot of businesses). The banks lose chunks of money from businesses and it's causes a chain reaction. The little goods you can lay your hands on are way too expensive but there's is no money to buy it.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by FunkyMetahuman: 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
Unclerukus:
inflation goes with a recession, it's called stagflation. But we have been doing okay with our previous inflation percentage for a while. This recession is caused by poor policies made by Mr. Buhari. e.g Like banning imports like rice without creating provision to amend such policies. Policies like that would disrupt so the economic cycle, workers, banks that gain from such businesses( considering Nigeria is import dependant, a lot of businesses). The banks lose chunks of money from businesses and it's causes a chain reaction. The little goods you can lay your hands on are way too expensive but there's is no money to buy it.
policies like banning rice, who banned flour for bread?
Who banned cement?
Who banned fuel importation ?
Is this is first time thy banned rice?
Who banned beans and garrison?

How come inflation in Russia is not growing at 17.5% despite being more dependent on importation just like nigeria?

Why should we supports banks that help those who destroyed our economy with importation?

When did problem with banks start? The economy started failing around 2014, why did banks start havin problem after TSA implementation?

Stop going around in circles. . The problem with banks today was caused by TSA.
Most banks rely to much on government cash instead from the masses.

That's why they give outrageous interest percentage on loans or demand out of this world quollateral. . Who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Bujumbura(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
Bolustic:

very soon u ll finish NYSC then i ll know the firm that ll employ u
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sensational journalism..no real facts and no real cause for the belief. Probably written for mischief or just to attract clicks. Nigerians be wise. Dont take all you read online hook line sinker.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
proeast:

@pro east as i have seen your user name, i know where you are coming from so no need to comment further. Just realise the people of your region are nearly becoming laughing stocks on social media cos of unintelligent comments like this.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by edubaba(m): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
Una never see anything. Shebi Una vote for Change abi na CHAINS. By this time next yr, majority of Nigerians will join the cattles to feed on the imported Grass.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by millhouse: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
And their wards get juicy slots in the civil service
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
...And the demonic CHAINge rages on!..make diamond no sack my babe o, else what happened in 1904 will happen again o!
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by mustang44: 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
No! This is not happening!

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by lordyugo: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
Bolustic:

amazing how u always conspire to sound so bitter and unenlightened cos of hate nd bigotry. U must really be havn a F @$#!D existence outside nairaland
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by lordyugo: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

Isn't it inflation?

u really dnt have an inkling bout economics do u?
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by passionate88: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
agbotemi64:
Hmmm... APC is a curse to humanity .thank God I still have Dis pix

https://www.nairaland.com/2060752/apc-nigerians-last-christmas-bondage
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by balancediet(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
So how much FCMB der charge before madam?
Boleyndynasty2:
cheesy So that's why uba can't afford to subscribe their DSTV anymore abi...And FCMB last week undecided had to charge me 350 before i can use their deposit slip for Remital payment
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by FunkyMetahuman: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
lordyugo:

u really dnt have an inkling bout economics do u?
do you?
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Tuneshypedotcom: 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / A Simple Guide For Preparing A Feasibility Study / CBN Sacks Skye Bank's Management.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.