Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard (32411 Views)

Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States / CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) / Why Is It That GTBank Branches Don't Have Gates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by ajalawole(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
starlingbawa:

Do you really believe in your OWN summation

If you do, then fine... But i think i have my doubts...............
doubting Thomas i give up cheesy
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by starlingbawa(m): 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
ajalawole:
doubting Thomas i give up cheesy
I guess right!
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
achieverme:

So, she was sleeping around before she got job?! shocked

Guy, show me the Naija babe when get one boyfriend for this weather? Nor show me ugly girl oh. My babe hot like Nicki Minaj and you know say girls when hot for Naija them be dorkas.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by achieverme(m): 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
michael142:

Guy, show me the Naija babe when get one boyfriend for this weather? Nor show me ugly girl oh. My babe hot like Nicki Minaj and you know say girls when hot for Naija them be dorkas.

So, you approve your gf to be sleeping around for money? In other words, you Dont mind if your gf is a prostitute? Only God knows the kind of fafter you will be to your daughters. What manner of mentorship will you give your children?

Take my word for it, your moral standard is very poor.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by uboma(m): 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
greenpasture:

Jobs will continue to be lost in the service industry and thats fine by me. How can you have a vibrant service sector without a real sector? Banking is a large scam. Who do they lend to? Better we shrink that sector and let value added industries soak up the human capital.

So you give no damn about the millions of Nigerians, our brothers and sisters who have lost their jobs and those who are yet to.
Job losses cuts across other industries as well. It is not just the banking industry alone.

No matter how well you want to defend the President, the fact remains that he is not ready to rule our country Nigeria.

Like someone earlier suggested, PMB is better off being a staff of the EFCC, not even it's head....
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
achieverme:

So, you approve your gf to be sleeping around for money? In other words, you Dont mind if your gf is a prostitute? Only God knows the kind of fafter you will be to your daughters. What manner of mentorship will you give your children?

Take my word for it, your moral standard is very poor.

I pity you sha cause common sense nor let you know say I made that comment to generate likes. Shebi fine artist like me go date that kind of girl? Yimu.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by achieverme(m): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
michael142:

I pity you sha cause common sense nor let you know say I made that comment to generate likes. Shebi fine artist like me go date that kind of girl? Yimu.

No person with common sense will be running around looking for likes as if his life depends on it. Nonsense.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Daniyomex:

@Bolded. Is it that bad with them? The recession must have dealt them a really great blow if has gotten to that
m dear I noticed it today while I was there, they had silverbird showing on screen.
balancediet:
So how much FCMB der charge before madam?
I've never paid charges before to make deposit there. And in my 6years of banking with them last week was my first time of hearing about charge for deposit slip.I just went to zenith and made the payment
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Chukazu: 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
if what the branches are generating are not enough to run same, why don't they seek other Avenue to cut costs?
all always the staff at the RECEIVING end?

for example the amount of diesel(takes majority of overhead costs) consumption can be drastically reduce, by using inverters and solar power
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by billyG(m): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
Adesiji77:

http://punchng.com/banks-close-branches-recession-bites-hard/
make dem no try am oo!what happen 2 all d billns dey declare quaterly as profits,dey want 2 use this pretense of recession 2 loot money & declare bankrupcy.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by DateMynd44(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
omoikea:
so all the money them they comot for my account no fit even substain them

i laugh in tongues grin grin grin
lol that pix funny oh
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by DateMynd44(m): 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
ephi123:
Na wa. I really feel for Nigerians.
ehya and also feel for your boyfriend too. Dont be asking of money often from him and also requesting him to take you out for flexing, also cut your throat from sharwama chicken.
Recession everywhere.
Buhari ain't smiling.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by eay(m): 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
Like seriously...I really feel for my fellow Nigerians especially ppl dt the banking sector.
The recession state of this nation is really biting harder.
However, I will advise you to consider joining MMM...I have lots of bankers nd couple of CBN workers as my frnds on MMM. And I can tell u that MMM has really helped lives...u need to come see aw grateful dey r to God for taking that 'big risk' and joining MMM.
If you are interested in knowing more about MMM + get guided with ur registration + get added to our MMM whatsapp community...FOR FREE [/b]Kindly add me on whatsapp 08092414515 or u can quote me and drop ur wassap number.[b]

Please note... interested ppl only I'm not forcing anyone ooo biko
Cheers!
Together we can live our dream lives even amidst this recession
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by omoikea(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
DateMynd44:
lol that pix funny oh
funny like the news....
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by 7lives: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
greenpasture:

Jobs will continue to be lost in the service industry and thats fine by me. How can you have a vibrant service sector without a real sector? Banking is a large scam. Who do they lend to? Better we shrink that sector and let value added industries soak up the human capital.

Don't mind them, who dem epp, na dem dem and their cronies them dey borrow money, and if you keep good money with them especially in dorm acct without accessing it for some time na dormancy you dey play with, it is easier to deposit dollars with them than to withdraw, yeye people.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by DateMynd44(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
ajalawole:
make them close am now, many of our parents survive without banks in the olden days, so we all surely overcome this hardship. Back to farming lo sure ju
farming doesnt provide food immediately. You'll have to wait for years before you cultivate it
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Recession can never stop me from glowing like sunshine. Jesus is bigger than Buhari and his recession.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
achieverme:

No person with common sense will be running around looking for likes as if his life depends on it. Nonsense.

Terry G brother
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Einl(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
cheesy So that's why uba can't afford to subscribe their DSTV anymore abi...And FCMB last week undecided had to charge me 350 before i can use their deposit slip for Remital payment

Remita payment. And anybody where charge you for Remita payment)s) de use your head. Go back to the bank and complain.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
uboma:

So you give no damn about the millions of Nigerians, our brothers and sisters who have lost their jobs and those who are yet to.
Job losses cuts across other industries as well. It is not just the banking industry alone.

No matter how well you want to defend the President, the fact remains that he is not ready to rule our country Nigeria.

Like someone earlier suggested, PMB is better off being a staff of the EFCC, not even it's head....

Please stay on message.
This is not about the President. It is about the structure of the economy. No country apart from tax havens has a banking sector larger than the real sector. Banking income comes from transaction based income. If you were able to analyse the exact nature of that income you would see that it comes largely from FX, on lending of low interest funds back to government and trading activities ( imports). What is the proportion that goes to SMEs, agriculture or even industry?

As for the millions of Nigerians working in these unproductive institutions what type of life do they even have? The system spits them out with nothing after taking their best years. Being employed in a bad job is worse than being unemployed. You use up your years and build a lifestyle on a falsehood that you are in fear of losing. You leave with no real life skills and no networks. What's that?

An economy must first be productive before it can have a vibrant service economy. You think Wall Street drives America? No it doesn't. Behind that paper re- arrangement are well managed farms in the mid west and industrial manufacturing in places like Michigan and Detroit. Yes Detroit.

You cannot put something on nothing and expect it to stay there.

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by uboma(m): 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
greenpasture:

Please stay on message.
This is not about the President. It is about the structure of the economy. No country apart from tax havens has a banking sector larger than the real sector. Banking income comes from transaction based income. If you were able to analyse the exact nature of that income you would see that it comes largely from FX, on lending of low interest funds back to government and trading activities ( imports). What is the proportion that goes to SMEs, agriculture or even industry?

As for the millions of Nigerians working in these unproductive institutions what type of life do they even have? The system spits them out with nothing after taking their best years. Being employed in a bad job is worse than being unemployed. You use up your years and build a lifestyle on a falsehood that you are in fear of losing. You leave with no real life skills and no networks. What's that?

An economy must first be productive before it can have a vibrant service economy. You think Wall Street drives America? No it doesn't. Behind that paper re- arrangement are well managed farms in the mid west and industrial manufacturing in places like Michigan and Detroit. Yes Detroit.

You cannot put something on nothing and expect it to stay there.

Keep your jargon to yourself.
I don't need it.

At the same time, stop mocking those work in the banking industry.
If the government had provided the enabling environment from the start, there will better jobs for those who accepted the banking job just to make ends meet. And by the way, with your disdain for those working in banking industry, if everyone had the same mentality as yours, who will man these banks? Where will you save your money, at home?

And please stop supporting the massive sack by the banking industries. My heart goes out to the thousands who have been laid off during these fast dwindling economy.

Show some human face and keep your jargon to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
uboma:

Keep your jargon to yourself.
I don't need it.

At the same time, stop mocking those work in the banking industry.
If the government had provided the enabling environment from the start, there will better jobs for those who accepted the banking job just to make ends meet. And by the way, with your disdain for those working in banking industry, if everyone had the same mentality as yours, who will man these banks? Where will you save your money, at home?

And please stop supporting the massive sack by the banking industries. My heart goes out to the thousands who have been laid off during these fast dwindling economy.

Show some human face and keep your jargon to yourself.

If you truly cared about these thousands of people you would be urging the government to stimulate the real industry especially the agricultural sector. You would not be asking them to remain in jobs that are killing them piece by piece and day by day.

All you have to do is to check the business section of NL to see young people taking their life in their own hands instead of bleating about government.

The same people who want small political government want big economic government. Make up your mind.

As for jargon. The only reason you can't exist at that level of argument is because you don't have a counter argument. Only a fluffy emotional one.

Let's talk about sectoral contribution to GDP.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by PORP(f): 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hmmm! It is well with Nigeria! God bless Nigeria!
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by MRBODMAS(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
God have mercy!
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
Einl:

Remita payment. And anybody where charge you for Remita payment)s) de use your head. Go back to the bank and complain.
I didn't pay, left there and went to zenith
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Einl(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
I didn't pay, left there and went to zenith

Which bank and in which state??
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by enoone7: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
I never believe in 30 days salary job. It time some wise Nigerian begin to look for alternative jobs online to do. If like to watch videos and get paid for it, then visit any of those link in my signature ( this is 100% free)
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by enoone7: 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
I never believe in 30 days salary job. It time some wise Nigerian begin to look for alternative jobs online to do. If like to watch videos and get paid for it, then visit the thread link to learn more https://www.nairaland.com/3357569/watch-free-videos-earn-fat
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
Einl:

Which bank and in which state??
FCMB in ph
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by Einl(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
FCMB in ph
Goats. No mind dem abeg.
Re: Banks To Close Branches As Recession Bites Hard by mavimbox: 12:15am On Sep 21, 2016
*I GET PAID FOR HELPING OTHERS*
God has greatly used this MMM community in rewarding millions of people around the globe ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Sacks Skye Bank's Management. / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / Tips On How To Start A Pop Corn Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.