Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down (17968 Views)

Angry Father Calls Out Private Schools For Giving Students Too Much Homework / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive / Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by princeofthecity: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
10, 444 private schools operating illegally in Lagos state may soon lose their license.

Idiat Oluranti Adebule, deputy governor of Lagos state, disclosed this on Monday at the 3rd quarterly stakeholders’ forum of private schools owners held at the state secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja.

Adebule also said the state government would commence enumeration of all registered private schools operating from September 26, 2016.

“The enumeration exercise is aimed at providing the State government with accurate data and necessary information on private schools so as to set effective quality control mechanism in place and monitor compliance.

“Government is not comfortable with our discovery that over 15,000 private schools are operating in the state and only just 4,556 are approved and registered.

“Let me state it clearly, henceforth, Lagos state government will no longer allow private schools that are not duly registered by the Lagos state ministry of education to operate in the state, their operation becomes illegal henceforth in the state.

The deputy governor further said a total of 119 prospective school owners that applied for registration have been granted provisional approval having met the guide lines set by the state government,

Adebule warned that schools not registered or approved by the state ministry of education will not operate, noting that some schools failed to take the advantage the easy registration procedure put in place by thesState government.

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/lagos-private-schools-shut-down/

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by badaru1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
Do you operate illegally and still have license?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by thesicilian: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
If they are going to do so then they should make up their minds fast and release the names if the schools before parents and guardians start paying the new session school fees.

37 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked

- so unemployment would be on the increase embarassed
- wickedness of government is increasing daily
- who would absorb all those NCE /PGDE graduates angry
- what is the capacity of so called (high tuition) approved schools undecided
- what is the fate of publishers?
- what becomes the fate of parents that have enrolled their wards into those schools?
- why did it take the authorities long to notify the public of this development?
- how do we recognize approved schools? By look, faculty, school fees, school uniform or logo of APC flag and LASG colours?
- what is the quality of the output of the LASG approved schools in terms of terminal exams etc?
- what is the waec/gce result of those expensive approved LASG schools? Show us the trend?
- what about the tax payers funded Lagos state owned schools? what are the conditions? shocked

Useless decision embarassed embarassed
Nonsense government proposal angry cry lipsrsealed embarassed
Hopeless situation

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by tollytexy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
I go comment later.. I dey come make I cum first ontop kumari

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
To the guy on the 2nd floor above me, you just wanted to as usual, sway emotions for likes and shares, I am sure you read the adjective ILLEGAL but you intentionally winked at it.

For how long must we support illegality? I am sure LASG would have given them prior notice and they would have thought it's business as usual.

Mind you most of these schools have been operating for years without approvals and are chronic tax evaders.

A chunk of them don't have conducive environment for teaching and learning, was it not some days ago we read here that a pupil died because of the negligence of the school proprietress who making soap in the school environment?

Even if we don't support a party's ideologies and policies, we should not sacrifice constructive criticism on the altar of partisanship.

38 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
kkk
Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Nychillax(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked

- so unemployment would be on the increase embarassed
- wickedness of government is increasing daily
- who would absorb all those NCE /PGDE graduates angry
- what is the capacity of so called (high tuition) approved schools undecided
- what is the fate of publishers?
- what becomes the fate of parents that have enrolled their wards into those schools?
- why did it the authorities long to notify the public of this development?
- how do we recognize approved schools? By look, faculty, school fees, school uniform or logo of APC flag and LASG colours?
- what is the quality of the output of the LASG approved schools in terms of terminal exams etc?

Useless decision embarassed embarassed

Good decision by government, u are absolutely wrong.It is just a threat for them to register under ministry of education and approved by state government. Without approved by the government they won't pay their taxes, another way to boost the state revenue.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by dmjinc(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
The Topic should be '10,444 Private Schools are yet to settle us,come and pay your dues ASAP'
grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by jhonnyman: 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
ambo ooo

1 Like

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by gurunlocker: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
I don't understand what she meant by operating illegally and still having license

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by idris4r83(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
When dem dey collect money dey give dem license them no call them illegal o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by spartoo: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
badaru1:

I tire oo..
when they were collecting money and giving license they did not know

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by idris4r83(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
badaru1:
I wonder o
Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Dottore: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
Unemployment, retrogression, poverty, uncertainties. Misplaced priorities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
Assuming an average of 20 academic and lay staff per school that's over 200,000 additional jobs lost in this already dead economy.

At what point is this fight against corruption beneficial to Nigerians?

3 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Proffdada: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
And who's the illiterate commissioner trying to stop education? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by iyobosadavid: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
illegal my foot, how many conducive ones una do fit build for the masses to enroll

3 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by dayleke: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
I can bet anybody that 99% of these schools are "international school" o......
Lol.....

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by asumo12: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Why Na
Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by egokudiowomoney: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
but schools just resumed from long vacation.why govt did not inform the school owners during the holidays?

3 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
the govt looking for money.

1 Like

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by SantaDomino(m): 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
I just dey observe

1 Like

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Saucekide25(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hmm
Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by carammel(f): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
If such high number of schools are closed down,then how many schools will be left?
The schools should settle those at the education ministry to save those teachers some unemployment please.

1 Like

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Yannny: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
See what RECESSION has caused in Lagos. This is a means of getting funds from the 10k+ schools.

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Yinkatolu: 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
I'm a product of illegal private primary school

1 Like

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by preetypam(f): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
they should consider the children oo,,, also they should have done that during the holidays instead of now that schools just resumed

2 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by VhatAmazingDude: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Mtschew
Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by Ask4Info: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
God in Heaven Please grant me one special wish today; i want to close my eyes and by the time i open it i want all those above and below me condemning the state government's decision to close down unapproved schools all say they were joking and didn't mean to type what they did against the government.

Now i see why Nigerian graduates are UNENPLOYABLE.
If you want to cut off 90% of job seekers, just tell them to write handwritten cover letter or short essay.

The way Nigerian youths now support illegality is alarming.

3 Likes

Re: 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down by MeanChris(m): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
Bolustic:
To the guy on the 2nd floor above me, you just wanted to as usual, sway emotions for likes and shares, I am sure you read the adjective ILLEGAL but you intentionally winked at it.

For how long must we support illegality? I am sure LASG would have given them prior notice and they would have thought it's business as usual.

Mind you most of these schools have been operating for years without approvals and are chronic tax evaders.

A chunk of them don't have conducive environment for teaching and learning, was it not some days ago we read here that a pupil died because of the negligence of the school proprietress who making soap in the school environment?

Even if we don't support a party's ideologies and policies, we should not sacrifice constructive criticism on the altar of partisanship.

k

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bauchi Youths Chase Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Girls’ School Premises / Thread For 300 And Above Utme Scorers 2015 Aspirants / Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.