Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics (14566 Views)

Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University / History Produces First Class In University Of Calabar (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Bags 1st Class In BSc & Distinction In MSc Outside Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2016

Dear edulanders, lol!

I'm currently running a Bsc.Ed Math program in a Nigerian University with the aim of making a first class. I'm in my first year and currently preparing for 2nd semester resumption.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me with textbooks (both online and printed) to help me prepare for my 2nd semester.

Eep me please....

My 2nd semester courses are:

1. Edu 111- Foundations of Education
2. Edu 122- Developmental Psychology
3. Edu 152- Introduction to Educational Technology
4. STA 132- Inference

Others are:

MTH 102- Elementary Mathematics II
MTH 103- Elementary Mathematics III

I can handle the GSTs

Thanks in anticipation!

cc fynestboy

@Gombs hope you don't mind doing some digging for a brother?
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by fernandoc(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Engineering Maths by K.A stroud. Adv Engr Maths by H.K Dass Shaums Series in Statistics, Linear Algebra and Trigonometry. Real Analysis (yet to see a simplified textbook on that) just get anyone and start practicing.
These books are the reason I graduated 4th best in my department. BSc. Mathematics

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
fernandoc:
Engineering Maths by K.A stroud. Adv Engr Maths by H.K Dass Shaums Series in Statistics, Linear Algebra and Trigonometry. Real Analysis (yet to see a simplified textbook on that) just get anyone and start practicing.
These books are the reason I graduated 4th best in my department. BSc. Mathematics

Thanks!

Can I place online order for them?
Or better still download them in e-format?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by paulmarkino: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
fernandoc:

O my man, you know what's up man. Which school did you graduate from?

I will like us to know each other more.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by paulmarkino: 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:

Dear edulanders, lol!

I'm currently running a B.Ed Math program in a Nigerian University with the aim of making a first class. I'm in my first year and currently preparing for 2nd semester resumption.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me with textbooks (both online and printed) to help me prepare for my 2nd semester.

Eep me please....

4. STA 132- Inference

Others are:

I can handle the GSTs

Thanks in anticipation!

cc fynestboy

Also, get Shaums Series in Statistics (probability ) and general topology.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by fernandoc(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:

Thanks!

Can I place online order for them?
Or better still download them in e-format?

Thanks again!
I guess you can get them from amazon online stores. Shaums series could be downloaded free too.
But I'd advice you to buy hard copies and read them @ your leisure. There is something about owning a book you bought yourself, it inspires you work hard in getting your moneys worth in knowledge. That's my personal experience though.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by fernandoc(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
paulmarkino:

O my man, you know what's up man. Which school did you graduate from?

I will like us to know each other more.
Lol thanks man.
Graduated from ABSU, just begun my MSc in Memorial University, NFL, Canada.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by baum1: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:

Dear edulanders, lol!

I'm currently running a B.Ed Math program in a Nigerian University with the aim of making a first class. I'm in my first year and currently preparing for 2nd semester resumption.

Eep me please....

4. STA 132- Inference

Others are:

I can handle the GSTs

Thanks in anticipation!

cc fynestboy

This might sound counter intuitive but my advice for you is to get past notes and past questions from those who graduated before you and from those who took the courses you will be taking and taught by the same professors. In my view, and if you depend on your grade to advance your career, it is better to get the best grades while at school and widen understanding later..Though sometimes both can be achieved but it's not so common. Even the top schools in the world judge you first on the basis of your grades before they admit you to see what you can actually do. I know my position might be debated and I accept that different people have different views and experiences, but bro, na wisdom of many years I dey dish out for you so.

Good luck

9 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
fernandoc:

I guess you can get them from amazon online stores. Shaums series could be downloaded free too.
But I'd advice you to buy hard copies and read them @ your leisure. There is something about owning a book you bought yourself, it inspires you work hard in getting your moneys worth in knowledge. That's my personal experience though.

I share same views with you @boldened but I kinda hold downloaded materials the same way these days since data subs aren't exactly free. Downloaded materials are also portable. I can have it on my laptop and smartphone. All the same sha! Thanks!

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
baum1:

This might sound counter intuitive but my advice for you is to get past notes and past questions from those who graduated before you and from those who took the courses you will be taking and taught by the same professors. In my view, and if you depend on your grade to advance your career, it is better to get the best grades while at school and widen understanding later..Though sometimes both can be achieved but it's not so common. Even the top schools in the world judge you first on the basis of your grades before they admit you to see what you can actually do. I know my position might be debated and I accept that different people have different views and experiences, but bro, na wisdom of many years I dey dish out for you so.

Good luck

Not at all! I've started something on this part but you've gotta read wide and be extra workaholic to make a 1st class B.Ed Math in my school. A record I intend to shatter.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by baum1: 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:

Not at all! I've started something on this part but you've gotta read wide and be extra workaholic to make a 1st class B.Ed Math in my school. A record I intend to shatter.

Good luck with your plan. Just don't go too wide.

Ask those who came close what they would have done if they were to start all over again.

BEd is tough. Take courses from science and then take from education, not easy.

When you achieve your aim, send me an email again. With a first class in math edu, and the help of the Lord, I can place you into a university of your choice. Think Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT. And yes, I mean it.

So, go fight like a lion and achieve your goals.

8 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
baum1:

Ask those who came close what they would have done if they were to start all over again.

When you achieve your aim, send me an email again. With a first class in math edu, and the help of the Lord, I can place you into a university of your choice. Think Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT. And yes, I mean it.

Thanks alot. I'll do Just that!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by paulmarkino: 5:29am On Sep 21, 2016
fernandoc:

Lol thanks man.
Graduated from ABSU, just begun my MSc in Memorial University, NFL, Canada.

That's great. How do they run the Admission over there for the program. Can you mail me the process

Thanks

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Gombs(m): 5:59am On Sep 21, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:

Dear edulanders, lol!

Eep me please....

4. STA 132- Inference

Others are:

I can handle the GSTs

Thanks in anticipation!

cc fynestboy

Great prospect bro...

However, I studied computer science in math department, I never really had a feel of education...

But, when was in school I joined this blog of Asians particularly Indians... They only discus mathematics...csnt remember the name, but... You could search...

Then secondly, get o line tutors from overseas... Nigerian lecturers may make you look worthless after 4 years.

Finally.. Join all tutorials in school, especially those by bright students a year or two ahead of you.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:08am On Sep 21, 2016
Gombs:

Great prospect bro...

However, I studied computer science in math department, I never really had a feel of education...

But, when was in school I joined this blog of Asians particularly Indians... They only discus mathematics...csnt remember the name, but... You could search...

Then secondly, get o line tutors from overseas... Nigerian lecturers may make you look worthless after 4 years.

Finally.. Join all tutorials in school, especially those by bright students a year or two ahead of you.

Thanks

Thanks bro!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Dharneehell(m): 6:28am On Sep 21, 2016
baum1:

Bro, can you do it for someone with a first class in Mech Engineering too?

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by baum1: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dharneehell:

If you alread obtained the first class, Please can you send me an email. Thanks
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by baum1: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dharneehell:

Hello bro,

I need one more person to work with. If you have the stated class of degree and are interested in both of us working together, please be swift to respond to this by sending an email.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
baum1:

Hello bro,

I need one more person to work with. If you have the stated class of degree and are interested in both of us working together, please be swift to respond to this by sending an email.

Thanks
this what have been looking for.

I am an aspirant, intending to study mechanical engineering . I want to be a part, Pls.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dharneehell:

you said you are about resuming your second year first semester. I want to be your friend. I have already had my ND in an engineering course. I have applied to a university to study mechanical engineering... I have sent u an email. thanks! I hope to hear from you.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by baum1: 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
kennyjam:

this what have been looking for.

I am an aspirant, intending to study mechanical engineering . I want to be a part, Pls.

I will be able to assist you when you get the required grade. For now, I don't have much to offer.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 12:13am On Sep 22, 2016
baum1:

I will be able to assist you when you get the required grade. For now, I don't have much to offer.
ok sir!
with due respect sir, i will want you as a mentor. And again, how can i keep in contact with you?
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Dharneehell(m): 7:25am On Sep 22, 2016
baum1:

Hello bro,

Thanks
I'm not through yet, I'm on it now. I just hope the offer lasts after I'm done?
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Dharneehell(m): 7:32am On Sep 22, 2016
kennyjam:

you said you are about resuming your second year first semester. I want to be your friend. I have already had my ND in an engineering course. I have applied to a university to study mechanical engineering... I have sent u an email. thanks! I hope to hear from you.
I've replied you bro. And I'm not in my second year. I'm not the Op
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 9:14am On Sep 22, 2016
Dharneehell:
I've replied you bro. And I'm not in my second year. I'm not the Op

ok. please what's OP? i have been seeing people writing OP on nairaland but i don't know the meaning.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Dharneehell(m): 10:08am On Sep 22, 2016
kennyjam:

ok. please what's OP? i have been seeing people writing OP on nairaland but i don't know the meaning.
It means original poster. That's the person that created the thread.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2016
Dharneehell:
It means original poster. That's the person that created the thread.
OK, thanks!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
kennyjam:

Hi namesake,
Ayyam the Op grin
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
Kenny4lyfe:

Hi namesake,
Ayyam the Op grin
Hello Kenny..... ok. your course is mathematics but intend studying Mech engr. nevertheless, i also have that goal of making a first class and engineering is maths itself. you can see we share some commons. i would like to be ur friend? i will send you a mail. thanks namesake!
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by Kenny4lyfe(m): 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
kennyjam:

Hello Kenny..... ok. your course is mathematics but intend studying Mech engr. nevertheless, i also have that goal of making a first class and engineering is maths itself. you can see we share some commons. i would like to be ur friend? i will send you a mail. thanks namesake!

You're welcome!
I'll check my email now.
Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by kennyjam: 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Gombs:

Great prospect bro...

Thanks

I have just learnt a new trick from your last paragraph's comment. Thanks bro!

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Intends To Make a First Class in Bsc Mathematics by saintsam(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Making a first class in mathematics education is not easy but it can be done. Study hard and practise always.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa / Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems / Anambra Debate Team Shines In Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.