Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce (24196 Views)

Mercy Johnson Reacts To Divorce Rumours; Shares Photo With Husband Reading Bible / Girl Who "Had 50 Surgery To Look Like Angelina Jolie" Clears The Air / Sahar Tabar Undergoes 50 Surgeries To Look Like Angelina Jolie (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by successismine(f): 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
(CNN)One of Hollywood's highest profile marriages is over.

Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from husband Brad Pitt, citing irreconcilable differences.
According to the court documents, the pair separated on September 15, two years and one month after they married in August 2014.
Jolie is seeking physical custody of their six children and asking the court to grant Pitt visitation.

She is also asking to keep "miscellaneous jewelry and other personal effects" as well as any earnings from after the date of their separation and other separate assets to be determined later.

Already there is speculation that a tabloid-friendly, child-unfriendly custody battle may ensue over their six children. But a source close to them asserted that both sides want a cordial breakup.
"Other than the fame of the people involved, this is like so many other divorces," the source said.
"I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the wellbeing of our kids," Pitt said Tuesday in a statement to CNN. "I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time."
Jolie's camp is also focused on the children.
"This decision was made for the health of the family," Robert Offer, an attorney for Jolie told CNN in a statement Tuesday. "She will not be commenting at this time, and asks that the family be given their privacy during this difficult time."

While Pitt and Jolie married in 2014, their relationship became the subject of speculation in 2004, when they co-starred in "Mr. & Mrs. Smith." At the time, Pitt was married to actress Jennifer Aniston.
In January 2005, Pitt and Aniston announced they were splitting and Aniston filed for divorce a few months later.
In April 2005, photos surfaced of Pitt, Jolie and her adopted son Maddox in Kenya.
Jolie later adopted daughter Zahara from Ethiopia and in early 2006 she announced that she and Pitt were expecting a baby. Shortly thereafter, Pitt was granted the right to legally adopt Maddox and Zahara.
Their daughter Shiloh was born in May 2006 and son Pax was adopted from Vietnam in March 2007. Jolie gave birth to twins Vivienne and Knox in July 2008.
The couple announced their engagement in 2012.
Pitt was there to support Jolie in 2013 when she underwent a preventive double mastectomy.

Jolie said at the time that she underwent the surgery following the discovery she carried a mutation of the BRCA1 gene which greatly increased her risk for cancer
"My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman," Jolie wrote in an article for the New York Times. "Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy."

In 2014 they were married in a small, private ceremony in a chapel at Château Miraval in the village of Correns.
The following year, Jolie once again made headlines for her health when she had her ovaries and fallopian tubes removed to guard against cancer.

The couple talked to NBC's Tom Brokaw in 2015 about their marriage, her health struggles and working together as they promoted their film "By the Sea."
Jolie also wrote and directed the film about a couple in a troubled marriage. Jolie said the characters' relationship was far from hers and Pitt's.
"I'm counting on the audience to know that if it was close to us at all we could never make this film," Jolie said. "It's because we are actually very, very stable and these aren't our issues."
The pair have also been partners in giving.
Pitt has worked for years to help rebuild New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
Jolie is a United Nations special envoy for refugee issues, a critical topic at the UN General Assembly meeting in New York this week.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/entertainment/angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-divorce/

1 Like

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by successismine(f): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2016
One of finest Hollywood couples I admire

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Adaowerri111: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
Finally that Yankee divorce Demon remembered the finest couple in the entertainment industry

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by goldbim(f): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
Awwwww,what happened to MR and Mrs smith??

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
Una don come with all these lies again

2 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Nature8(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
This beautiful couple should not divorce na..

5 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by successismine(f): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Finally that Yankee divorce Demon remembered the finest couple in the entertainment industry

I tell u,won't be surprised wen Beyonce and jay divorce[color=#000099][/color] cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by successismine(f): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Smallville10:
Una don come with all these lies again

Oga!! C source dia..oooo doubting Thomas angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by gamaliel121(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by successismine(f): 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lala I tink d if fp worthy...
Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by loverofgoodtins(m): 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
sumbody plss tell me it not true..I love and admire this couple soooo much,they ve bin tru a lot together, dere can work tins out for dere children sake

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by loverofgoodtins(m): 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nature8:
This beautiful couple should not divorce na..

seriously praying it not true oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Zehner(f): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hmmmm.....I just saw it on yahoo news. O well...#shrugs

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by iyke649(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
Is it the Angelina Jolie that amputated her boobzz due to cancer earlier ago? Chaii cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by successismine(f): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
iyke649:
Is it the Angelina Jolie that amputated her boobzz due to cancer earlier ago? Chaii cry cry

Hmmm!!! My dear it her ooo
Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by modelsms(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
thought theirs would last so long

2 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by speedyconnect3: 8:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by henrydadon(m): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2016
angry

marriage is overrated

many marriage these day have disastrous ending

[img]http://i./FKcC27kUBByAo.gif[/img]
now she going to want alimony money from him

i dont get the idea behind this alimony money husband pay to their wife after divorce

can someone explain this better to me

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 21, 2016
too bad, another marriage down.

Why can't they stay married, is it an ego to be divorced?

3 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Niyinficient(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2016
Choi!
Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Omotayor123(f): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2016
Eyah!!! undecided
Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Evergreen4(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2016
E dey their blood. oyinbo and divorce na 5&6

2 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Dawinlove(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2016
You mean set to divorce?so dem$ never divorvce .who dem help

1 Like

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by MotorConnectz(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2016
Donkey said it in Shrek part 1 "Celebrity marriages, they never last" angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 21, 2016
Brad and Angelina Jolie getting a divorce?...

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by damton(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2016
E be like say na divorce dey reign now,

make I quickly dey prepare to divorce Iya Silifa
Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by StephanieLuv(f): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2016
This world eh

Becareful how you treat others

Because Karma is a fvcking bitch

Angelina Jolie stole Brad Pitt from her former wife Jennifer Aniston and even slept withh Brad on the same matrimonal bed even he was still married to Jennifer

Former Brad's wife Jennifer Aniston will be the happiest person on earth because God fought her battles even when she was faithful to Brad and still Brad left her.

Karma Bit*ch

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by lilmax(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2016
to tell you how fake a couple can be...... Angelina Jolie is no longer attractive so there's no loss here

3 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by serverconnect(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2016
chai. i cry
Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by wolesmile(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2016
Oh no....
And I love this couple so much. Whatever happened to Bradgelina?

But wait o... can't they come to Nigeria and learn how to manage a lasting home from Olu Jacobs and Joke Sylva? Abi ki le ni mo so o?

2 Likes

Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by majoh163(m): 8:01am On Sep 21, 2016
Damn
Re: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie To Divorce by wonlasewonimi: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2016
She lost her boobs and Brad wants a real one...Marion cottilard

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onome Akpobome: Efe Okedi, My Mother Rejected By 3 Hospitals Before Death / 2face And Annie Idibia At Campari Event, Take Lovely Selfie / Amara Kanu Poses As Her Mother Takes Her Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.