Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa (30612 Views)

Kano: Buhari Visits Oil And Rice Mills, The Biggest In West Africa (Photos) / David Umahi Tours Waste Recycling Plant Said To Be The Biggest In Nigeria (Photo / Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, has announced the establishment ofa multi billion naira French Rice/Potatoes processing plant in Manchok, Kaura local government area of the state.The processing plant after completion, would offer 30,000 direct jobs to the teaming unemployed youths in the state.

Addressing a news conference in Kaduna heralding the ground breaking of the plant scheduled for this week, state commissioner for Agriculture and Forestry, Dr.Manzo Maigari, said 5,000 hectres of land in each local government area would be allocated to community on the best ways of planting potatoes.

He explained that as one of the steps to empower farmers in the state, VICAMPRO, owner of the processing plant would buy the potatoes from the farmers for its massive production as 60 per cent of the products would be exported. Maigari added that governor El-Rufai’s economic diversification processing drive would extend to other crops to revive the current economic challenges facing the country and the state.

The commissioner said, “Since the coming of this government, we came with a goal and determination in farming. What we did is to organize farmers into cooperatives, commodity interest groups and the rest. “We look at things critically and we decided that everything we are going to do in agriculture, we have to have some value added which will be private sector driven, so we are lucky to have VICAMPRO with an investment worth 120 million dollars coming into Kaduna state to process French rice and potatoes.

“What are the gains for us, with this investment we are looking at 30,000 direct jobs, we are also working closely with them to see how we can develop out growers network across all the local government areas that have suitable soil to grow potatoes. “Another benefit is that it will help us to standardize our farm practice in the state.”

On his part, the Executive Secretary,Kaduna State Investment Promotion Agency, KADIPA, Gambo Hamza, said the Kaduna investment summit held some months ago has started yielding results with the launch of French rice/potatoes processing plant, noting that Olam had launched the biggest poultry/hatchery in Sub Sahara Africa in Kaduna.

Gambo said for Kaduna processed products to be exported across board, the state has established world class agricultural certification centre, calling on investors to come and invest in the state. Also speaking, Managing Director VICAMPRO, Michael Agbogo, said the company would create the largest agricultural business in Africa.

According to him: “Because Nigeria has the potential of doing so, in terms of land, people to diversify the economy. “In Kaduna we know that the state is really open to investment. Nigeria is the only country that can naturally grow potatoes especially irish and can be grown in the state.

“The project is the landmark one because its creates jobs. Our vision is to cultivate 10,000 hectares and to work with over 200,000 out growers that will provide the right inputs into the processing facilities which will be the first of its kind in Sub Sahara Africa.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/19/kaduna-el-rufai-establishes-biggest-ricepotatoes-plant-west-africa/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
undecided

Chai!

It's not French Rice..... rather French Frites. It's a potato chip like Thin cut, Agristo allummetes, spicy wedges etc!

I clicked on the link you provided, and was disappointed in the Newspaper that carried the news! Very misleading..... perhaps both Reporter and the Editor do not understand what Frites is, and thought it was Rice!

kindly correct it on your Title, also in the Post!
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 should take note of the correction before pushing it to FP!

The below in an image of French Frites.

Modified: kinda tired of schooling half-baked Graduates who ain't familiar with the word FRITES. Before you quote me to type nonsense click on the link below first.

Alternative names for Fries: Chips, hot chips, finger chips, steak fries, wedges, potato wedges, FRITES.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by kolaish(m): 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
Good one from el rufai. There is a light at the end of the tunnel for this administration in the long run.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by sarrki(m): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
So we can look inwards

N some people says Pmb policy no good

Give it sometime

We will all be happy for it

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sorry grin grin grin Some people are already upset and irritated by the development because its Kaduna NOT Anambra.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
FriendChoice:
Sorry grin grin grin Some people are already upset and irritated by the development because its Kaduna NOT Anambra.

undecided

You think I'm from the East for correcting your Post?! You are wrong!

There is nothing bad about it, in fact it's a welcome development.

Nigerians consume N62.8b French fries yearly.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerians-consume-n62-8b-french-fries-yearly/

It will help Naira to appreciate against Dollar, coz the importation of it will significantly reduce! Also it will be a great opportunity for the Kaduna State to boost her IGR in billions.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by LoveMachine(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

Chai!

It's not French Rice..... rather French Frites. It's a potato chip like Thin cut, Agristo allummetes, spicy wedges etc!

I clicked on the link you provided, and was disappointed in the Newspaper that carried the news! Very misleading..... perhaps both Reporter and the Editor do not understand what Frites is, and thought it was Rice!

kindly correct it on your Title, also in the Post!
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 should take note of the correction before pushing it to FP!

The below in an image of French Frites.

You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
LoveMachine:

You've said it all.

undecided

But the OP thought otherwise..... cos to him/her I'm simply wailing and chest-beating out of envy.

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by interbound2016: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

na so all d way.[/color][/b]
Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=interbound2016 post=49530184][/quote]

undecided

Are you quoting for the first Time?!
Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
Oasis007:

undecided

You think I'm from the East for correcting your Post?! You are wrong!

There is nothing bad about it, in fact it's a welcome development.

It will help Naira to appreciate against Dollar, coz the importation of it will significantly reduce! Also it will be a great opportunity for the Kaduna State to boost her IGR in billions.

Did I quote you. I just predicted they will come. And by quoting me claim 2 be one of them that are anti North.

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by LoveMachine(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
Oasis007:

undecided

But the OP thought otherwise..... cos to him/her I'm simply wailing and chest-beating out of envy.

I had to re-read "French rice" a few times over. I thought I was missing something until I realized mid article our journalists are touts. Thank you for showing me I'm not alone.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
Kai! See as Kaduna market done open; I better go and reactivate one of my farms for there, good location, soil type and river for irrigation - was thinking of leasing but now not anymore.

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
FriendChoice:

Did I quote you. I just predicted they will come. And by quoting u claim 2 be one of them that are anti North.

undecided

Chai!
So there is an E-Sect called Anti-North?! I am not aware of its existence on Nairaland, pardon my Mistake!

What's the purpose of your Thread, to promote good news in this period of economy recession or to cause tribal E-battle?!

You purposely created this thread out of hatred for a particular set of People, and to me.... that act is an epic of immaturity.

15 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
[s]
Oasis007:

undecided

Chai!
So there is an E-Sect called Anti-North?! I do not aware it exists on Nairaland, and hearing of it for the first time!

What's the purpose of your Thread, to promote good news in this period of economy recession or to cause tribal E-battle?!

You purposely created this thread out of hatred for a particular set of People, and to me.... that act is an epic of immaturity.
[/s]

Trash. One of them spotted.

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 7:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
FriendChoice:

Trash. One of them spotted.

grin

Spotted?!
Anti-North or whatever you named it?!
LOL!
Grow up young Man, this will not make one Naira equals One Dollar!

Nothing like French Rice, rather French Frites. Change your Title to El-Rufai Establishes West Africa Biggest Frites and Potatoes Plant in Kaduna,
and thank me later for probably making FP for the first time!

17 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
grin

I think there is more to correct from the Gibberish posted by the OP! The Plant belongs to Vicampro Farms, a (private) mechanized agro-allied Company not the Kaduna State Government.

Vicampro Farms Plans N10bn Potato Processing Plant.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/538309/vicampro-farms-plans-n10bn-potato-processing-plant

I give up on Daily-Post Newspaper, in fact FG should Withdraw their License for misleading People like the OP!

12 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
I ve this feeling Elrufai will make things work in KD.

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by SharkTank(m): 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
Great. All other regions are looking for ways to shift to agriculture as a way of sustainance. Afonjas are still looking for oil 300000km into the Atlantic ocean

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by AntiWailer: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
Sensible President in the making.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by edoyad(m): 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
Oasis007:
grin
I think there is more to correct from the Gibberish posted by the OP! The Plant belongs to Vicampro Farms, a (private) mechanized agro-allied Company not the Kaduna State Government.
I give up on Daily-Post Newspaper, in fact FG should Withdraw their License for misleading People like the OP!

Very misleading. VICAMPRO is an independent company that will be farming and processing potatoes in Manchok, southern Kaduna, very close to Jos. This is not an El Rufai initiative or anything, trying to take credit for young men's hard work undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Daniel058(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
Stop that!!! Ebonyi state has the largest rice mill in West Africa.. angry
Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by babatee126(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Potatoes? God will help u.

Lets back to agriculture
Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lofty words from lofty idiots. establish am first make me see.

I'm yet to see anything realistic from this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Kufie(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
The midget has finally done something commendable

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Pavore9: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Until production begins.
Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by SharkTank(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
AntiWailer:
Sensible President in the making.

Tah
Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by HAH: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
Am honestly disappointed with El rufais performance so far, all we are fed is intentions and propaganda, we voted for this guy in Kaduna thinking he will replicate Abuja in Kaduna, sadly all we are left with is are potholes on our roads, roads that were clearly motorable before in the centre of the city are all bad now.

However I still give him the benefit of doubt till end of next year if not I can bet he will lose the elections in 2019. Adamawa receives far less in allocation but if you go to Yola and see the road constructed by Bindow in less then 18 months in power you will know elrufai is just propagandist

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by Oasis007(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lord!
This Piece of Garbage makes FP?! Ain't Mods vet a Post, confirm its objectivity and authenticity before pushing it to the front Page?!

Nairaland is turning to something else..... from the Title to the Post, everything is misleading!

First and foremost, Kaduna State Government is not establishing Rice and Potato Processing Plant.

Secondly, it's an initiate of an independent Mechanized Agro-Allied Company!

Finally, the plant will only producing (French) Frites not Rice!

A mechanised Agro-allied Company, Vicampro Farms, said it would establish a N10billion Potato French Fries Plant in Manchok, Kaura local government area of Kaduna State.

http://www.leadership.ng/news/538309/vicampro-farms-plans-n10bn-potato-processing-plant

Cc Seun

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by point5: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
El-ro

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Establishes Rice & Potatoes Plant In Kaduna, The Biggest In West Africa by nnokwa042(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
ItsMeAboki:
Kai! See as Kaduna market done open; I better go and reactivate one of my farms for there, good location, soil type and river for irrigation - was thinking of leasing but now not anymore.
just pray fulani herds men dont chop u into sliced bread over there grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Patience Jonathan To Run For Senate In 2019" - @JajaPhD / President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years / Acid Attack: Police Officer Who Is About To Lose His Eyes Cries Out To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.