Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) (37742 Views)

Leg Of Kogi University Graduate Crushed By Student During Celebration (Graphic) / Riot In Uniabuja As School Shuttle Breaks Female Student's Leg(photos And Video) / Girl Who Sheds Her Skin Every Six Weeks Thrown Out Of School [graphic Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by dman4mdmoon(m): 10:06am On Sep 21, 2016
I have seen such a scene like this before at Anthony Oke, the guy was trying to cross the express and got knocked down. The two legs were gone. He was just seated by the road side crying. It was a terrible scene. May God continue to watch over us and our family. I feel for that boy cry

1 Like

Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by hUmaneOne: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:

Points well noted.. However, A Tourniquet is the best first aid that can be applied at this time. High up the tigh and tied very very tight. Hopefully the open end of the artery has not receded beyond that point. Then rush the kid to the hospital as quickly as possible.

And like I said, the injury in and of itself (flesh wound) is not fatal, but the blood loss from the cut is what will kill him if something isnt done to stem it..

In his state as is in the picture, 20mins would be very optimistic. I see him entering into shock in under 5 minutes and bleeding out by 10.

Good..we on same page tho

An artery is not collapsible.it is like a rigid pipe.only artery clamps will do.
Only a vein is collapsible hence you can use a tourniquet to apply pressure

There is little anybody can do for that boy except to fix an IV (drip) till a doctor arrives to clamp that artery.

Cheers
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by beautiful232(f): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2016
my heart breaks

so sorry boy You will be fine in JESUS name

Amen
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Tmex(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2016
so unfortunate, I wish him a quick recovery
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by MedicalSamwise(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2016
JohnnyNY:
So sad, he should be taken to the hospital ASAP. That leg can still walk again

If he's given tetanus sharp sharp d leg is safe.... If not, amputation tinz
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Uchizzy(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2016
henrydadon:

how did the terrible thing happen ..what caused it..was he running after a bus..or hit by a car..u just come here post news without detailed information
he was coming down from a bus and got hit by a car...shey u hear?
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Baroba(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2016
manuel80:

If it was a ruptured artery it would be better

That leg is almost off.. His bones are visible

No, A ruptured artery means he is loosing blood fast and will go into hypovolemic shock if the bleeding is not stemmed, the bones / ligaments as bad as it looks exposed can still be treated with surgery and strong intravenous antibiotics.. The main priority if you ever come across this, is to quickly apply a tourniquet to stop the bleed, then whisk the person quickly to hospital..

This is a life threatening situation..

Poor lad, instead of getting him help someone is busy taking pictures.. I feel for my people, how can a nation function without a decent emergency service..What a country embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Brayss(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2016
God we Save him
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by MadCow1: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Good..we on same page tho

An artery is not collapsible.it is like a rigid pipe.only artery clamps will do.
Only a vein is collapsible hence you can use a tourniquet to apply pressure

There is little anybody can do for that boy except to fix an IV (drip) till a doctor arrives to clamp that artery.

Cheers

O really!

Thanks for the info.. I never knew that about arteries..
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by hUmaneOne: 10:27am On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:

O really!

Welcome sir..
please to add,doctors can insert arterial tourniquets also.this is not the conventional tourniquet tho.sometimes the muscle will be cut and the artery is tied with the tourniquet.
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by SafeDavid(m): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2016
whirlwind7:
shocked
He's losing so much blood! This boy may die in a few more minutes if that bleeding is not stopped. The accident likely ruptured an artery.
See this man talking about an artery...
Can't you see the whole damn leg is gone?
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by tonyflash43(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2016
dedons:
ewwww...

see what Buhari and APC caused.

May God help us.

am not a fan of APC, bt am wondering ooo, how dis buhari cause dis one na?......
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Nazacent: 10:36am On Sep 21, 2016
Makeup artist torh badt ghan!
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by MadCow1: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Welcome sir..
please to add,doctors can insert arterial tourniquets also.this is not the conventional tourniquet tho.sometimes the muscle will be cut and the artery is tied with the tourniquet.

SO Tourniquets (conventional) are for veins not arterial injuries.. Hmm..

And so the best bet is to chuck that kid into a vehicle and race to a hospital. Are those arterial clamps common and is it a procedure that any Doctor (GP) can perform?
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 10:44am On Sep 21, 2016
SafeDavid:

See this man talking about an artery...

Can't you see the whole damn leg is gone?

Don't know why I'm gonna bother with a reply to you. Obviously, you know zilch about human physiology.
He can lose a leg but still stay alive.
But a severed major artery will make him bleed out and die within minutes.

1 Like

Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by philemonemenike(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2016
l pray for quick recovery but government should look into this cause there is no school bus .
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by GoldenJAT(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2016
dedons:
ewwww...

May God help us.
u de stupid eh!!u don refuse 2 grow up!!!who even de dash u mumu likes??slowpoke
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by GoldenJAT(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2016
Nazacent:
Makeup artist torh badt ghan!
i can only shake my head 4u.....rubbish
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by SafeDavid(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2016
whirlwind7:

Don't know why I'm gonna bother with a reply to you. Obviously, you know zilch about human physiology.
He can lose a leg but still stay alive.
But a severed major artery will make him bleed out and die within minutes.

Does that accident look like an artery would have survived?

What that boy needs is to be moved to the ER and have that limb amputated.

There's no need talking about an artery in this case.
Side note.

Unlike you, I chose to tow the part of enlightenment rather than hurling insults like a tout.

Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by KoldKash(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2016
May the finger of God touch you and heal you,son.
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by lilachiever(m): 11:05am On Sep 21, 2016
Op, where did the accident happen? Cos the uniform looks like that of an Ikd sec school...
first aid should a bn administered to the boy...
the bone is crushed, I doubt he'd be able to walk again
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by jackie35(m): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2016
Uchizzy:
This boy was going to school this morning, see the terrible thing that happened to him, So SAD!!!. May God Grant him quick recovery. Amen.

JESUS! how come?
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by manuel80(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2016
Baroba:

No, A ruptured artery means he is loosing blood fast and will go into hypovolemic shock if the bleeding is not stemmed, the bones / ligaments as bad as it looks exposed can still be treated with surgery and strong intravenous antibiotics.. The main priority if you ever come across this, is to quickly apply a tourniquet to stop the bleed, then whisk the person quickly to hospital..

This is a life threatening situation..

Poor lad, instead of getting him help someone is busy taking pictures.. I feel for my people, how can a nation function without a decent emergency service..What a country embarassed
Right.. GOD help us
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Marlvin(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
dedons:
ewwww...

May God help us.

You guys should quit making moronic comments , its not funny. What has the president n his political party got to do with this , how about u sympathize with the kid ? Imagine the kinda pain he's going through..
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:

O really!

That's a wrong info the guy gave you
Whether arteries are better compressible or not, tourniquet effect reduces blood loss via arteries.
In fact, tourniquet effect in trauma is created for arteries.

Arteries convey blood from the heart to a site, that's why you need to compress it to reduce blood loss from the heart. Have you wondered why POP gone wrong in orthopedics can make the site numb and the skin there become cold? It's because the pop was made too tight and so it compromised blood supply, it also becomes painful due to the resultant ischemia. This eg just demonstrates that tourniquet effects clamps down arteries and the fact that it was created for arteries actually .
Of what use will tourniquets be in trauma management if it were for veins?
Veins just take blood away from the site to the heart, so what will you achieve compressing it in blood loss? In this case, it's counterproductive because you wouldn't want to impede blood flow back to the heart, to prevent shock.

In surgeries, like in fibroid removal, you use tourniquet effects to compress the uterine arteries to prevent massive hemorrhage .......
So, when next sb cuts a limb, tie the person up and zoom to the hosp.. At the hospital, that's the first hemodynamic step they take of it weren't there already.
I will stop here.
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Marlvin(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
Instead of attending to him via paramedics some are busy taking photo shots as the unfortunate victim bleeds away ..

This is horrible n really saddening, to imagine the kinda pain the lad must be going through ...
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by blezynetym(f): 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
Uchizzy:
This boy was going to school this morning, see the terrible thing that happened to him, So SAD!!!. May God Grant him quick recovery. Amen.
Amen oooooo
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by hUmaneOne: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:

SO Tourniquets (conventional) are for veins not arterial injuries.. Hmm..

And so the best bet is to chuck that kid into a vehicle and race to a hospital. Are those arterial clamps common and is it a procedure that any Doctor (GP) can perform?

For a non medic,yes. Tourniquet are best for veins.veins are close to the surface and arteries are buried deep inside the muscle most time.

If a non medical personnel apply enough pressure with a tourniquet to close an artery.he/she will cause more damage to underlying structures,muscles and nerve.

The best bet will be to whisk the child to the hospital with a drip given on the way. If you like tie heaven and earth, it won't stop the bleed .

Artery clamping is a mini surgical procedure where you cut the muscle open and "peg" the artery (the clamp is called an artery forceps)..then repair the bleed. Any good ,experienced GP is capable
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by FinestPINACLE(f): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
human flesh ain't notin. see how tiny d bone is. God I fear for my life.
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by santos123(m): 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
dedons:
ewwww...
May God help us.
wetin bring buhari nw

1 Like

Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2016
I want to know how this happened, the story is too vague. What destroyed his flesh clean to the bone? Did a wild animal attack him? I would've said it was a lie but I've seen a dog this sort of thing happened to and in the same manner as these pictures nobody cared to help.
Re: Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos) by zappa813: 3:53am On Sep 28, 2016
blueeyes1:
God bless you, Op dey busy dey take pictures, whatever happened to even giving the boy first aid? He's lost so much blood already.

#heartbroken

Hi dear I'm your friend, your bbm is not active. Please follow me so I can reveal my identity to you. I had to open nairaland because of you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities / Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.