Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

A Lifetime - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Lifetime (703 Views)

Shift Your Perception: One Minute Read May Change Your View For A Lifetime! / 18 Things That Make Yoruba Weddings A Must Attend In A Lifetime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Lifetime by taurustm(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2016
CRITICISM AND COMMENTS IS WELCOMED. You guys should know that I'm trying to improve my writing skills. I would really appreciate if you can points out errors/ grammatical errors for corrections. Thank you.

Our lives has solely been a very precious gift to us from the creator. He had given everybody this life to live and not only a life to live but with a freewill of choice making in our lifetime. While some people may have a very long life time, it may be very short for some. Some have a great sheer of happiness in life while it's saddened for some.

"The ball is in your court"; so they say. To some in their lifetime, they tends to believe that their achievements are ultimately been through the choice(s) they made or making while some believes it's all being predetermined for them by an or some external factor(s). What is really important is the state of our mentality.

In our lifetime, the states of our mentality affects almost everything in our lives viz: beliefs, culture, social settings and others. In this lifetime, you will see many beliefs and in this plight lies the religions. There are series of attitudes towards individuals religions. Some are fanatic, dogma and we have those who shows nonchalant attitudes towards theirs as if it doesn't even exist. And we also have the atheist who with his personal reasons believes not in God's existence. Whatever we choose to believe lies the reality — our beliefs has no effects on realities; it's just the state of our mental abilities.

Apparently, the states of our mental abilities to the culture is another factor that plays a vital role in our life time. Each social settings has their unique culture and this has been greatly a result of their mentality. Where there's a strong mentality, there's high tendencies of development in the culture which will ultimately affects their standard of living in general.

If the culture is poor, surely the social settings has no options than to be affected. The occupants in a society that experiences ill relationships among themselves is greatly susceptible to under development. A society that has a bad settings needs to work on their culture. It might have been through a faded culture or poor one.

However, the truth must be in told; we builds our mentality. Whatever our mentality seems to be has partly been through our choices. At times, we would have to make some hard decisions in order to enrich ourselves mentally. The inability to make this important choices will eventually leads to a "common-mental ability", either good or bad.

Consequently, what our lifetime seems to be is through our choices unless your mentality tells your otherwise. Let's build a good mentality and make the right choices so that we can have a good lifetime.
Re: A Lifetime by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
Only coz you asked. This is how I would write ...

taurustm:
CRITICISM AND COMMENTS IS WELCOMED. You guys should know that I'm trying to improve my writing skills. I would really appreciate if you can points out errors/ grammatical errors for corrections. Thank you.

Our lives have been a very precious gift to us from the creator. He has given everybody not only a life to live but also freewill. While some people may have a very long life, it may be very short for some. Some have sheer happiness in life while it's sadness for some.

Some tend to believe that their achievements are ultimately products of the choice(s) they make. "The ball is in your court", they say. However, some believe it's all being predetermined for them by an external factor(s). But what is really important is our mentality.

Our mentality affects almost everything in our lives viz; beliefs, culture, social settings and others. In this lifetime, you will see many beliefs and specifically, various forms of religious expression. Some are fanatic towards dogma and there are those who are nonchalant. We also have the atheist who, for personal reasons, believe not in the necessity of religion.

(Whatever we choose to believe lies the reality — our beliefs has no effects on realities; it's just the state of our mental abilities.) Explain this further.

Our attitude toward our culture is another factor that plays a vital role in our lives. Each social setting has a unique culture built out of their mental disposition. Strong convictions are reflected in culture and ultimately, impact the standard of living of a community.

If the cultural fibre is weak, the social settings of a community will be affected. A society that experiences ill relationships amongst it's members is susceptible to under development. A society that has poor human relations needs to work on their culture.

Truth be told, we build on mentality. Choices also play a big role in developing our mentality. We often have to make some hard decisions which enrich us mentally. Inability of a society to make such choices may lead to a "common-mental ability", either good or bad.

Our lifetime is built from our choices. Let us have a good mentality, making right choices so that we can have a good life.

1 Like

Re: A Lifetime by taurustm(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Muafrika2:
Only coz you asked. This is how I would write ...

Thank you sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is The Ooni Of Ife Not Too Big For This? / On Misogyny – Ada Umeofia / l Protested When My Husband Was Named The New Kakanfo –Erelu Mojisola Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.