Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror (6186 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Ranchhoddas: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2016
honourhim:

Nothing convincing about that thread.
I know. He makes claims without proof. You do the same. Different sides of a coin. No difference.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2016
Please, don't worry about my problem and desist from ad hominem attacks. Ignore my posts if they make you uncomfortable, I only wonder why.

Apparently, you didn't read the verses I posted because I wonder why you would be asking the same questions.

Again, no scriptural basis for your 'confront the spirit with the spirit in you' ...please state where that is in the bible.
In the bible, revelations and letters from even Paul were subject to testing with Scripture the Bareans checked the scripture (Acts 17:11)
Perhaps, you can tell me where the Holy Spirit is because we just may be talking about different spirits.

Gboyee4fun:

*thesixsense*
bro see, your problem is that you are quoting the fact of the Christian race for me, which are the teaching and the milk of the gospe which every true beloved must walk in....now you give much attention to the negative side of the scripture about the fake ministers.....what did the scripture says you will used to recognize the Antichrist? and fake ministers? did anny of those you are claiming to be fake denied Jesus Christ? did they denial his crucifixion and his resurrection? did they denial his second coming?

who walked in the life of the early Apostle...Holy spirit abi.....my question too you now is that,.where is that Holy Spirit now? .....

and with the last scripture you quoted...you are instructed to "test the spirit"not to blaspheme the spirit.......and how do you test the spirit, you confront them with the spirit in you.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Gboyee4fun(m): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Please, don't worry about my problem and desist from ad hominem attacks. Ignore my posts if they make you uncomfortable, I only wonder why.

Apparently, you didn't read the verses I posted because I wonder why you would be asking the same questions.

Again, no scriptural basis for your 'confront the spirit with the spirit in you' ...please state where that is in the bible.
In the bible, revelations and letters from even Paul were subject to testing with Scripture the Bareans checked the scripture (Acts 17:11)
Perhaps, you can tell me where the Holy Spirit is because we just may be talking about different spirits.

bro, I don't have time to argue with you on scripture...but the last question I will ask you is that are you working towards the unity of the body of Christ or are you just promoting the blasphemous style of the devil?.....I will advice you to really pray and give the Holy spirit chance to perfect what you think you know.

shalom
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2016
Am I surprised? Please don't mention me again.
Gboyee4fun:

bro, I don't have time to argue with you on scripture...but the last question I will ask you is that are you working towards the unity of the body of Christ or are you just promoting the blasphemous style of the devil?.....I will advice you to really pray and give the Holy spirit chance to perfect what you think you know.
shalom
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 11:33am On Sep 24, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

shalom

You seem to argue blindly. He only called a spade what it actually is and you are getting yourself worked up.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I know. He makes claims without proof. You do the same. Different sides of a coin. No difference.

I told you how people of other religion and atheists who have experienced hell testified of it as true hence they converted to christianity.
You just referred me to someone who is telling me about his religion. That's not what i asked you to show me.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Gboyee4fun(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2016
honourhim:

You seem to argue blindly. He only called a spade what it actually is and you are getting yourself worked up.

bro, I don't argue blindly... those men of God he said they are fake are not fake, he should do his search very well before misinforming the public.....
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Ranchhoddas: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2016
honourhim:

I told you how people of other religion and atheists who have experienced hell testified of it as true hence they converted to christianity.
You just referred me to someone who is telling me about his religion. That's not what i asked you to show me.
What do you want me to show you?
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by raphieMontella: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
honourhim:

oga collect
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanti_Devi

then read ian stevenson's study on reincarnation..he published a book bout it..
Also jim tucker's life before life..

The igbos believed in reincarnation long before christianity came..they gave their kids certain marks for indentification when they will be reborn etc...

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by promise10: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
raphieMontella:

oga collect

The igbos believed in reincarnation long before christianity came..they gave their kids certain marks for indentification when they will be reborn etc...
Sorry the site you gave proves it as false!

And you believed the igbo's reincarnation, even without a video proof?

So sorry!
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by honourhim: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
raphieMontella:

oga collect

Oga your link is a kwashiokor link. Every little thing you people rush to wikipedia Give me testimonies of people of other religion and atheists who have had the reincarnation experience and dumped their religion/belief to join the ones that preach reincarnation.
There are thousands upon thousands of people of other religions and atheists who have experienced hell fire and embraced christianity after the experience. Thats the kind of thing i am looking out for from you too.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by raphieMontella: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:
Sorry the site you gave proves it as false!
did you read the article at all?
And you believed the igbo's reincarnation, even without a video proof?
oh,,,video? Buut you want me to believe heaven and hell without seeing selfies? Mind you..they were investigated(modern cases of reincarnation) and im actually an igbo dude...
So sorry!
ps i dont believe in either of them;afterlife and reincarnation... So dont misunderstand.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by promise10: 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
raphieMontella:

did you read the article at all?

oh,,,video?
Buut you want me to believe heaven and hell without seeing selfies?
Mind you..they were investigated(modern cases of reincarnation)
and im actually an igbo dude...

ps i dont believe in either of them;afterlife and reincarnation...
So dont misunderstand.
As for the link, it's not the kind of info he seeks!

As for selfies, I hope that you saw your mum's labour room selfies before you believe she really gave birth to you.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by raphieMontella: 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
honourhim:

Oga your link is a kwashiokor link. Every little thing you people rush to wikipedia
just do a google search on the name...okay?

Give me testimonies of people of other religion and atheists who have had the reincarnation experience and dumped their religion/belief to join the ones that preach reincarnation.
this is where you are wrong.. Reincarnation is not a kind of religion..
But it could be a part of a religious ideology

There are thousands and thousands of people of other religions and atheists who have experienced hell fire and embraced christianity after the experience. Thats the kind of thing i am looking out for from you too.
i dont really understand you here...
click::reincarnation that led to change of religion
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by raphieMontella: 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:

As for the link, it's not the kind of info he seeks!

As for selfies, I hope that you saw your mum's labour room selfies before you believe she really gave birth to you.
i believe i did what he asked for...anything else...na una headache..

Dont equate your god to my mum...its a really silly flawed analogy...
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by analice107: 3:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:

Preachers who hold Scripture as final authority, not pastor's 'revelations.' The greatest thing about the reformation was getting the Bible in the hands of every believer.

My preferences are John Piper (desiringgod.org), Zac Poonen, Paul Washer, R.C. Sproul, John Macarthur (Initially didn't like him because he is a cessationist, but I'm beginning to see reasons why) - but He is one of the best expositors of the Bible of this generation, and also Leonard Ravenhill. Other free classic materials here: http://www.chapellibrary.org for them classic C. Spurgeon, A.W. Pink, Tozer and other old reformers. Read 'The Attributes of God by Arthur W. Pink'
All these guys teach/preach Jesus Christ and uphold Scripture as final authority.
For random questions, I have always checked desiringgod.org (free books there too) or gotquestions.com.

None replaces the Bible, read literally in context without commentary. Nothing or no one should be above the bible.

C.S. Spurgeon is my man. Arthur W. Pink is also my man. the others i have not read their works.

These all with their individual giftings have their places in the advancement of the body, it doesn't mean these other ones are fake.

If they are fake, maybe we point out their errors here for scrutiny. If we find them wanting in the light of the Scriptures, we can still hand over to God

Christ gave different gifts and their distinct administrations to his bride the church, to profit her. All the ministers wont function under the same gifts, Admin, and operations nah.

Lets see here;

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

And there are DIFFERENT IN ADMINISTRATIONS, but the same Lord.

And there are DIVERSITIES of OPERATIONS, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Cor: 12:6

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1 Corinthians:12:7

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1 Corinthians:12:8

To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1 Corinthians:12:9

To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1 Corinthians:12:10

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
1 Corinthians:12:11

Sir, pls read the above scriptures and know that God gives his people different gifts, different administrations and they operate differently.

If Smith Wigglesword operates differently from Charles Spurgeon does not make Spurgeon better than Smith, or that Smith is not called of God because he does not function like Spurgeon

ONCE UPON A TIME, I WAS LIKE YOU.

Sceptical, critical, quick to analyze base on my little wisdom, quick to condemn. But now, i see differently.

God didn't call me to judge others, He called me to declare His Love. And that is what i shd do.

Going through the Bible, i never came across "The gospel of condemnation", i only saw " The Gospel of Reconciliation". Condemnation doesn't glorify God, Reconciliation does.

You cant in love, if you work in condemnation.

If someone is working in error, as a soldier of the cross, you go on your knees on his behalf.

Soldiers don't kill their wounded, they try to pull them to safety and see the extent of damage, then resuscitate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by analice107: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:

God is greatly working wonders in your life. You probably know a lot as a christian much more than I do. But, the things that would make someone like Hardmirror (if true) and others who even taught Sunday school to become atheists is when they find out some people that they have believed all their christian life are into the occult or satanic arts. I have said that people who eventually leave these churches undergo rehabilitation in true teaching of the word of God. Any preacher like Joyce Meyer that says not even once '...until we learn to live under the all-seeing eye.' is NOT and can NEVER be of God.
I assume you don't know what the all-seeing eye is, but ask any person familiar with the occult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdeixX6drg
Again, one cannot be a partner of Kenneth Copeland's church and see anything wrong with his associates like Creflo Dollar, Duplantis, Mike Murdock or Joyce Meyer. What's worse is that there is a new form trending now the Kundiliani spirit drunkeness. Bill Johnson and them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ9uQsDqIhE the same church that has the popular Jesus Culture group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GQxMpcS1p8
I hope we never get to see these kind of spirits in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA9lQCnmZ2A

hahahahahahahahaha. Really?
Are you serious? You write Joyce Meyer off because she said we must all surrender to the all seeing eye of God?

Do you seriously imply that satan is the all seeing eye? Really?

If you give that to Satan, you must also give him the omniscient status.

Satan is not all seeing, neither is he all knowing, that he claims it or his followers claim it, doesn't make it true.

If satan is the All seeing Eye, why does he employ the services of other demons as monitoring spirits and familia spirits?

He has celestial and territorial demons who monitor events and activities for him. Why is that? Does God have monitoring spirits?

Satan placed a wager before God that him too will sit on a throne and be worshipped as God. This he has done by pretending, lying, disguising taking up many of God's attributes, and in our ignorance, without really using the scriptures as a measuring compass we believed him.

Many of what is attributed to Satan are lies.

Guy, we are helping satan scatter the church.

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
2 Chronicles:16:9

2 Likes

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Anas09: 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

lol, study your scripture well, I'm not here to argue on scripture. check peter as example, immediately the spirit of God spoke in him concerning christ as the son of God.. ….Satan also speak through him.....as I said, please I don't want to argue on the word of God....the scripture is there for us to learn so that we will really know if we are still of the Faith.

But i quoted from the word of God too nah. I didnt mention Peter. You mentioned Balaam as being in the same category with those who started with God, then i said, Balaam never started with God, which is true.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Anas09: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You know this how?
because i know what the sxriptures says about that.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
The Bible never describes God as the 'all-seeing eye.' She never even said all-seeing eye of god. Another from her: "We have to have the revelation that we are living under the All-Seeing Eye." Americans especially should know that it is the eye on top of the pyramid behind the dollar note is the all-seeing eye, the masonic pyramid that represents Satan. These guys preach that we are gods, that Jesus Christ was tortured in hell (I wonder where they get that), Jesus was the first born again...listening to short clips of Copeland troubles me.
analice107:

hahahahahahahahaha. Really?
Are you serious? You write Joyce Meyer off because she said we must all surrender to the all seeing eye of God?

Do you seriously imply that satan is the all seeing eye? Really?

If you give that to Satan, you must also give him the omniscient status.

Satan is not all seeing, neither is he all knowing, that he claims it or his followers claim it, doesn't make it true.

If satan is the All seeing Eye, why does he employ the services of other demons as monitoring spirits and familia spirits?

He has celestial and territorial demons who monitor events and activities for him. Why is that? Does God have monitoring spirits?

Satan placed a wager before God that him too will sit on a throne and be worshipped as God. This he has done by pretending, lying, disguising taking up many of God's attributes, and in our ignorance, without really using the scriptures as a measuring compass we believed him.

Many of what is attributed to Satan are lies.

Guy, we are helping satan scatter the church.

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.
2 Chronicles:16:9

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Ranchhoddas: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
Anas09:
Chapter and verse.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Ranchhoddas: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
Anas09:

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Anas09: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What are they? Are they responsible for those memories. If yes how do you know this?
Lets start my using common sense.

The word "Familia" explains itself.

Spirts are invisible and undetectable but ever present beings. They live for ever.

Mirriam Webster Dictionary defines familia spirits as demon that serves or prompts an individual.

Its a household demon which gives an individual information past or present.

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus:20:27

So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;
1 Chronicles:10:13

And we know that every family line has spirits attached to them. If they serve God, they have Angels of God attached to them, if the serve satan they have demons attached to them.

When a host (an individual) dies, the spirit possessing him leaves and possess another member of that family and on and on it goes.
When the spirits possesses a man, ofcourse, it knows all the activities performed by that man, and wen it possesses another, it projects the memories of the last host to the new host for the purpose of control.

Witches and Wizards work with familia spirits, Native doctors and false prophets work with them.

Mediums work them. Soothsayers or forrune tellers work with them.

Nochromansers work with them.

So many atheists here are possessed by them.

Satan wants to hide perpertually under disguizes. He has many forms and tactics of hiding.

To some, he tells them hell is the most magnificient place, anyone who misses it, misses all.

To some he tells them, theres nothing like hellfire, wen u die, you stay dead.

To some, he tells them, there's nothing like death, it just a circle, you just keep coming back until you reach perfection.

To some, he tells them there's nothing like satan, God or even spirits.

All of these have the same motive, Keep man from thinking of meeting his creator.

The Bible warns us agaisnt consulting Familia spirits.

Household demons that knows everthing about the family tree. These are the demons working with those who believe in reincarnation.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Anas09: 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Chapter and verse.
I have dropped just two, but there are still many more.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by analice107: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
The Bible never describes God as the 'all-seeing eye.' She never even said all-seeing eye of god. Another from her: "We have to have the revelation that we are living under the All-Seeing Eye." Americans especially should know that it is the eye on top of the pyramid behind the dollar note is the all-seeing eye, the masonic pyramid that represents Satan. These guys preach that we are gods, that Jesus Christ was tortured in hell (I wonder where they get that), Jesus was the first born again...listening to short clips of Copeland troubles me.
Guy, i asked you a question, "Is satan all seeing?"

Btw. Its okay. i won't build a ministry on running other of God's Children down. i leave everyone to Him who called them. To Him they stand or Fall.

I retire before i say what i shouldn't say.

2 Likes

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
No, Satan isn't all seeing and I understand your perspective on the issue. I've taken cues from your advice. God bless
analice107:

Guy, i asked you a question, "Is satan all seeing?"

Btw. Its okay. i won't build a ministry on running other of God's Children down. i leave everyone to Him who called them. To Him they stand or Fall.

I retire before i say what i shouldn't say.

1 Like

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Ranchhoddas: 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
Anas09:

Lets start my using common sense.

The word "Familia" explains itself.

Spirts are invisible and undetectable but ever present beings. They live for ever.

Mirriam Webster Dictionary defines familia spirits as demon that serves or prompts an individual.

Its a household demon which gives an individual information past or present.

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus:20:27

So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;
1 Chronicles:10:13

And we know that every family line has spirits attached to them. If they serve God, they have Angels of God attached to them, if the serve satan they have demons attached to them.

When a host (an individual) dies, the spirit possessing him leaves and possess another member of that family and on and on it goes.
When the spirits possesses a man, ofcourse, it knows all the activities performed by that man, and wen it possesses another, it projects the memories of the last host to the new host for the purpose of control.

Witches and Wizards work with familia spirits, Native doctors and false prophets work with them.

Mediums work them. Soothsayers or forrune tellers work with them.

Nochromansers work with them.

So many atheists here are possessed by them.

Satan wants to hide perpertually under disguizes. He has many forms and tactics of hiding.

To some, he tells them hell is the most magnificient place, anyone who misses it, misses all.

To some he tells them, theres nothing like hellfire, wen u die, you stay dead.

To some, he tells them, there's nothing like death, it just a circle, you just keep coming back until you reach perfection.

To some, he tells them there's nothing like satan, God or even spirits.

All of these have the same motive, Keep man from thinking of meeting his creator.

The Bible warns us agaisnt consulting Familia spirits.

Household demons that knows everthing about the family tree. These are the demons working with those who believe in reincarnation.
How do you know these things? Do you have a degree in demonology or something? Why should anyone with a tinge of rationality believe this?
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
Anas09:

But i quoted from the word of God too nah. I didnt mention Peter. You mentioned Balaam as being in the same category with those who started with God, then i said, Balaam never started with God, which is true.

I mentioned peter so that we can really know how the devil operate, all he do is to hijack things, remember Jesus have to pray for peter. now to Balaam read number 22 very well, he started with God, as a servant of God, especially verse 9.......he was hijacked.. that's why the scripture says we must always examine our self if we are still of the faith.

shalom
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by analice107: 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How do you know these things? Do you have a degree in demonology or something? Why should anyone with a tinge of rationality believe this?

I told you i know what the Bible says about this. And, i read wide.

Its really not important if anyone believes me or not. The most important fact is that, its true and satan and those who work with him knows what am saying.

If you read "The Challenging Counterfeit" By Raphael Gasson, You'll understand.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Image123(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Hehehehehehehehe. i've told you, just believe in Jesus Christ and stay on your lane jejely,lol. All these non-essentials are the things that produce millions of different denominations and views. And folks tend to hold on to these to judge others and not do anything much.
Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by alolatee(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Thus says the Lord: Do not let the wise boast in their wisdom, do not let the mighty boast in their might, do not let the wealthy boast in their wealth; but let those who boast boast in this, that they understand and know me, that I am the Lord; I act with steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord (Jer 9:23-24)

I sensed that his story couldn't be all lies. I believed he was honest for most parts, particularly when he said christians are heartless because if they knew and believed in hell they would go out on evangelism and I know only someone that has seen that reality to can say such. He also said God is wicked because many people would eventually die unsaved, the majority even, despite his efforts and honest desire to try to reach people for God. Another emotional part was that of the blind man who although he believed 'Jesu I believe...' still didn't receive his healing.

However, one thing I recurrently spotted from his account was pervasive pride. He was still proud of his 'achievements' despite his fall away. So many 'I' performed miracles, I was 'so good' at convincing people (he didn't know that it is God that calls His own), 'I' had the gift of 'word of knowledge' I did this, I did that, 'by now I would have been a superstar'. What did Satan do again, before he got cast out of heaven? Couldn't be much different. My major concern about the whole thing is how many of his kind are still in ministry currently that are in their minds atheists but only continue because they make a living from the career.

His story had a positive effect on my christian walk because it caused me to look inwards, to re-examine and reflect on my motive for serving God is it for glorification of self, to grant my every need - sort of like a genie, not a Lord who owns me - why do I desire certain things from the Lord? Also his narration about fake miracles - particularly about the woman with cancer who although she identified being healed in church left for surgery but they lied by not telling the church members about her true condition - made me look deeper into pentecostalism and wasn't surprised to find that it thrives so much on emotionalism, easy-believism, extra-biblical revelations and activities that almost renders the bible obsolete and also opens the pandora's box of all sorts of occult and strange fire. How someone can confidently teach another a supposed gift of the Spirit is amazing, why then is it a gift?

However, I found that there are people who actually worship and adore God for who He is not because of what He can or would do for them, in fact these lot do not even ask for virtually anything yet they just give thanks. I certainly want to become like them. There is a stark difference in the character and lives of such christians that are many times in contrast with the always bubbly counterparts who usually delight in the gifts and not the Giver. They had a peace and joy not because of anything they have but because they know the Lord.

I also found that the best books on faith are usually written by martyrs and missionaries and certainly not from freemason wolves like Oral Roberts, Billy Graham, Kenneth Copeland, Rick Joyner, Jesse Duplantis, Mike Murdock, Joel Osteen and the bunch of them who appear in the 'word-of-faith new age money gospel' movement. A foundation built on deception and lies would certainly falter when the storms hit.

were you the one who wrote this or you quoted the so-called atheist? Cos many of those men of God on that list are people who have brightend their own corner and have passed on the baton to the next generation..Many of them have completed their assignments on earth.Pls i need clarification to proceed.
'They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us' (1 John 2:9)

'Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God' (2 Thes 2:3-4)

Re: In Response To The Thread- From Pastor To Atheist By Hardmirror by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
alolatee:
were you the one who wrote this or you quoted the so-called atheist? Cos many of those men of God on that list are people who have brightened their own corner and have passed on the baton to the next generation..Many of them have completed their assignments on earth.Pls i need clarification to proceed
Go ahead with your contribution, and be specific with the 'man of God' on the list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? / Craze For Title! / Bizzare! Unclad Bath In ‘pool Of Bethesda WARNING: VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADV ’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.