Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease (10385 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California / Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of Him Running Around The World Including Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Jethrolite(m): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
I watched the event live on Facebook. Here's his post.

Priscilla and I just shared our next major focus for the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.

Can we help scientists to cure, prevent or manage all diseases within our children's lifetime?

I'm optimistic we can.

Medicine has only been a modern science for about a century, and we've made incredible progress so far. Life expectancy has increased by 1/4 of a year per year since then, and if we only continue this trend, the average will reach 100 around the end of this century.

Today, just four kinds of diseases cause the majority of deaths. We can make progress on all of them with the right technology.

Throughout history, most scientific breakthroughs have been preceded by the invention of new tools to help us see problems in new ways -- like the telescope, the microscope and DNA sequencing.

It's not hard to imagine the modern tools required to accelerate breakthroughs in today's four major disease area. So we're going to focus on bringing scientists and engineers together to build these new tools and technologies.

Today, we announced a few steps in this direction:

Dr. Cori Bargmann, a world-renowned expert in neuroscience and genetics, is joining the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative to lead this initiative. We are thrilled to welcome her.

We are committing to invest $3 billion over the next decade in this initiative to help scientists cure diseases.

Our first project is creating the Biohub. We're investing $600 million in a new research hub to bring scientists and engineers together from Stanford, UCSF, Berkeley, and the world-class engineering team we're building at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, in order to build some of the new tools I mentioned above.

The science initiative is a long term effort. We plan to invest billions of dollars over decades. But it will take years for these tools to be developed and longer to put them into full use. This is hard and we need to be patient, but it's important.

This is about the future we want for our daughter and children everywhere. If there's a chance that we can help cure all diseases in our children's lifetimes, then we will do our part. Together, we have a real shot at leaving the world a better place for our children than we found it.

Taken from https://mobile.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103121039808001?_rdr&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by UrennaNkoli(f): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2016
He should just divert that money to Nigerians and save their lives. Poverty is our own disease.

dreamworld:
This guy self, just because he owns a website called facebook just like nairaland

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Proffdada: 6:42am On Sep 22, 2016
Greed is the only disease worth curing undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by StephanieLuv(f): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2016
We are committing to invest $3 billion over the next decade in this initiative to help scientists cure diseases.
Our first project is creating the Biohub. We're investing $600 million in a new research hub to bring scientists and engineers together from Stanford, UCSF, Berkeley, and the world-class engineering team we're building at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
, in order to build some of the new tools I mentioned above.

The way this man is going all i see is world domination.

First he started with facebook (Original idea from another person) which almost every body in the world uses.

He acquired Whatsapp (Another persons idea) which almost every body uses

Instagram and other social sites were acqiured

Now Mark is going for free internet to connect the whole world and remote areas in Africa. The SpaceX explosion was to carry he's satellite to orbit that will help connect remote areas of the world

Now he's into medicine to create drugs that will revolutionize the world, making the whole world dependent on him.

Mark will be ten times more powerful than Rothschild, Rockefellar, JP Morgan even the great Carnegie.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Youngzedd(m): 6:43am On Sep 22, 2016
Let LOVE lead.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by kennieG(m): 6:43am On Sep 22, 2016
Good
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by sommyblaze(m): 6:43am On Sep 22, 2016
hm
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by muller101(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2016
I see.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Estimable(m): 6:45am On Sep 22, 2016
A man with a golden heart.
May God reward u

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by dreamworld: 6:46am On Sep 22, 2016
This guy self, just because he owns a website called facebook just like nairaland
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by olumide81(m): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2016
when oyinbo man get money, he thinks of a way to make the world better, black man get money he thinks the other way round. SMH

16 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Pascal181: 6:46am On Sep 22, 2016
Since dis one is not coming frm d stable of apc i think i will blve him.

6 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by jmichlins(m): 6:47am On Sep 22, 2016
meanwhile our pastors are asking us to sow a seed to stop us from getting sick and fly a chattered jet to check the cause of headache. See men making stride for help the world

28 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by reemix123(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Oh dear another one we saw the rise off super disease Ebola and zika in third world countries which are definitely experiment by the West. Please stick to fb
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by sunnedee2: 6:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Another way to pursue immortality. Great move though

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by beadaholic(f): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Good one. What is Mark Nuskabag up to? grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by BE811APP: 6:49am On Sep 22, 2016
Good of him!!!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by jazinogold(m): 6:50am On Sep 22, 2016
Is he God?

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by soberdrunk(m): 6:51am On Sep 22, 2016
Hahahahah! Some shallow minded people will swallow this hook, line and sinker, note that he said "we plan to "INVEST" billions of dollars".......... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by RedArrow: 6:52am On Sep 22, 2016
Welcome idea...just that using science to solve a problem always lead to invention of another problem. The problems we are solving today were created by solving some lesser problems then...only God can solve the world problem without creating any side effect.

9 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by mikeetim(m): 6:52am On Sep 22, 2016
Great
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by buchilino(m): 6:54am On Sep 22, 2016
WAT A NOBLE GESTURE BY MR ZUCKERBURG. BUT I FEAR HIS FIGHTING A LOSING BATTLE. SINCE GOD HAD REVEALED IN BIBLE DAT DISEASES R PART OF D THINGS DAT WILL HAPPEN IN D LAST DAYS OF MANKIND.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by jejemanito: 6:55am On Sep 22, 2016
beadaholic:
Good one. What is Mark Nuskabag up to? grin
grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Phiniter(m): 6:56am On Sep 22, 2016
Good initiative. Mark be feeling like superman.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by joedams: 6:56am On Sep 22, 2016
Some think of what they can do for humanity, others think of what humanity can do for them.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by abclassic15(m): 6:58am On Sep 22, 2016
GOD BLESS U SIR..........LET LOVE LEAD

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 22, 2016
If I had his type of wealth I'd use my status to marry one daughter of every president in the world. The world can fix itself or go to Hell for all I care -- I'm a black man, I was born and bred to consume only.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by martineinstein(m): 7:02am On Sep 22, 2016
y wont God bless mark with money when his intention is to help d poor.

Some nairalander will be typing 'God pick my call' so they can oppress d society with their wealth(like nigeria celebrities) when dia calls had been picked......and u xpect him to pick ur call

d truth is:black will always be black and white will be white

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Niwdog(m): 7:08am On Sep 22, 2016
He should please get rid of HIV/aids so that the club we be a better place
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by DeKen: 7:08am On Sep 22, 2016
Good move.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Wants To Rid The World Of Disease by Alasi20(m): 7:09am On Sep 22, 2016
Hiannnnnnn...... ....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Million Dollar Homepage idea, by Alex Tew / 5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Blog In 2019 / The New Google Tweet Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.